• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing color of individual menu items

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    I'm not sure this is even possible, but hopefully it is.

I'm trying to implement an achievement system, so that when you get the achievement the color of the achievement title changes. So you'll have a list of achievements, and the ones that you've got will be red, but the ones you don't have will be black.

I know how to change the color of EVERY entry, which is something like:

Spoiler:

So, if that switch is on, which also turns the achievement on, then the color changes to red. But I have no idea how to make it so that ONLY that achievement turns red, and not the entire list.
    These are the images, to make it clearer what's going wrong.

Here's the entire script, in case it's necessary. I've been adapting the Pokegear Jukebox script, so some of it is still obviously from there.
    Spoiler:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    I guess that this isn't possible with Window_CommandPokemon. I suggest you to draw the text with pbDrawTextPositions and manually code a cursor.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    It would be possible if you changed how Window_CommandPokemon worked. I couldn't tell you what to do, though.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    It would be possible if you changed how Window_CommandPokemon worked. I couldn't tell you what to do, though.
    You can set a new flag in Window_CommandPokemon initialize arguments (or just a method call to "activates" this feature) and, when this flag is on, you can change the pbDrawShadowText call at drawItem with other logic to define the colors. I suggest you to extends Window_CommandPokemon class rather than do this. I think that my other solution is better.

Back