• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's Prettiest Profile Contest! (New Year Edition)

When should the next PPC be?

• March

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • April

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
Years
I've never done one of these before, so might as well give it a go and see how we do.
Sign me up!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Is there any chance that I could enter as a non-supporter?

Not with that background profile. XD; Even so, I'd like to keep it how it's supposed to be. :V

/will... update the list after her shower. Got busy last night so wasn't able to do it then.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Alright! The first page is ~finally~ updated. There's less than two days for people to enter!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Did I? Crap. I thought... ah, that's right. /had to redo the list several times because she accidentally clicked off the page. v_v

lemme get to that. Sorry.

Years
Whoopsy, almost missed this. I'm kinda disappointed that nobody else volunteered and I had to jump back into the fray again, but ah heck, I look forward to a nice competition. Good luck to you all. Now for me to go dig up Edelweiss' login information

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Well, someone also did volunteer, but sadly something happened to that person before the PPC, sooo. >_> I'm glad you were able to jump aboard and help out. I thank you. <3

Years
My thanks to you for hosting and to Serene Grace for handling the CSS. It looks like the voting ends right when my exams start, though, so just a heads up to y'all that results might come a bit slow.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Commenting on the members profiles etc etc (and for some I accidentally ended up writing more than others oh well, feedback anyways before the competition closes):

Barney: Overall looks nice, but the red borders contrast badly against the background but not much can be done about that. "View Conversation" is also in blue which is out of place. Your vms box is a random pink that doesn't compliment the red/grey/dark grey theme going on. The text on your secondary content areas below your minor block headers also doesn't stand out against that background.

36: I swear you've had this profile before. My only issue is the mini statistics box - something looks ~off~, but overall it's great.

loliwin: I like. Nothing else to say really.

Binary: Interesting use of McBorders. Your links in minor block headers need to be changed, since they're dark and harder to see against the background - as well as text colour for that too. The red on your major block headers also looks kinda outta place, but otherwise it's fine.

Reddo: ...very red. It works, but I'm just not a big fan of the colour scheme personally, so no major issues, except maybe the vm box, which is random white out of all this red/dark brown.

Ryo: I like. Only thing I can think of is making the block borders a little lighter, but it all looks fine pretty much. Also you should watch for mod/supporter usernames, they don't contrast too well.

Piplup Trainer: Um, very blue. It's okay I guess, but I'd suggest making the aqua background colour so...bright, as it might blind people. XD

last fighter: red seems kinda random and you can't seem to find a colour. Maybe base your profile around the green colour your username/usertitle is or around Snivy's colours, which could work with your grey scheme and even allow you to keep the blue if you wanted.

Tribal Ebony: Comic sans MS. D; Not really a good font imo. And your colours on your links for secondary content areas can't be seen, so you might wanna make that lighter.

Graphical:
Only suggestion...have different shades of blue, because only two shades of blue in such opposition to eachother kinda...isn't pleasing on the eye. Experiment with other shades close to one of the two colours you have and see what you can get!

Scarf: Looks nice, no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back