• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Anybody got it to work with gba4ios? Patched file does work in PC, but just wondering if possible
I think someone put up tutorial...? I believe some people are playing it on their Apple devices.

Oh okay and another question with my obsession over eevee is there a way to get more fire, water, and thunder stones o.o
I don't think you can buy stones so you need to use those you find.

Years

I think someone put up tutorial...? I believe some people are playing it on their Apple devices.

I look up everywhere within this thread and didn't find a why to do it! Would you be so kind to point me out where is this tutorial? Is it within this thread so I can double search?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Lol is there any planned update for lp+
Yes, there is. I'm sorry if I have been neglecting any update of it. I have been playing around with that Gen III suite tool, trying to make my own Pokémon hack for Firered and Emerald. You know, I love it, but it would be awesome if the tool could expand the amount of Pokémon in Ruby and Emerald. I mean, think about, expanding the amount of Pokémon, especially for a ROM hack like THIS...ahem, but anyways, I'll make an update soon. I don't know when, but I'll try to get it done.

Years

I look up everywhere within this thread and didn't find a why to do it! Would you be so kind to point me out where is this tutorial? Is it within this thread so I can double search?

anybody? Any idea about how to get it to work with gba4ios or where is tutorial?

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
anybody? Any idea about how to get it to work with gba4ios or where is tutorial?
Well you gotta look I searched it up (Took about 3.2 Secs) Annnddd here it is
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Well I don't know why you couldn't find a tut but anyways there it is;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 4, 2014
I'm stuck at the 6th gym leader. He is supposed to be in the power plant but when I go to where he is supposed to stand, he is not there. I am using gba4ios. Hoping someone can help me cause I don't want to give up on this game now.

Gold4657

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 9, 2021
A quick question:
Just started playing this hack and encountered Squirtle (chose Charmander as starter) in one of the first grass fields. Are you able to obtain all starters in those grass fields? Because so far I've tried to get a Bulbasaur encounter but it doesn't seem to work out for me. :p

Oh and another thing. Do the different versions of the game use different generations as move basis?
My Elekid learned thundershock at lvl 6 while I saw on a let's play that it learns thunderpunch at lvl 10 (didn't learn that in the Version + I use)

Last edited:
Years
I don't think this is the #1 hack, ever. It's OK, but too repetitive. The Pokemon cries (Pokemon sounds) sound weird for Most Pokemon, and some glitches.

Pros:
-Graphics are good for a Ruby Hack
-Gen 4 and 5 Pokemon
-New Moves
-Some New Trainer Sprites

Cons:
-Weird Pokemon Cries
-Some glitches
-Repetitive gameplay
-Trainer Sprites that are doing the same thing each time (Do more sprites)
-Could get boring

Overall rating: 6.9/10 (Good, but it's good for a Ruby Hack)

Also, people say this is #1, oh please.

Reactions: TXV
Years
First time meeting prof. oak at radio tower, when he lets you choose another pokemon, this happens to me, is it a known bug? (Still not allowed to post links, just remove the spaces please)

http: // imgur. com / 0wMCFjp

Years
So after playing the lp+ version up to the second town i liked the graphics they look very good and modern and the towns and routes so far are made very well, the only problems i have so far are some next gen pokemon still having wrong pokedex and cries but i think i saw that this will be fixed and the second problem is that some npcs seem to say the same things i dont know if thats a problem with the translation or what
And ofc the truck sound at the beggining of the game xD
And some routes got wrong numbers i think?
Great hack anyway i think i will wait for the next lp+ update before i continue

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2014
So, what exactly is the difference between Pokemon Light Platinum and Pokemon Light Platinum+?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 20, 2014
Well, im playing LP+ And my electrabuzz is level 45 and as far as i know it evolves at lvl 40. any help?

Years
Based on this, enter the following code into your cheats (I've spoilered it) and then try walking into the tree at the map edge, which is the one in your screenshot. Bingo. You should be able to walk straight back out into the map. NOTE TO ASH AND ANYONE ELSE WHO HELPS SOLVE PROBLEMS: Due to this kind of stopper and the Gym problems, the spoilered code really is the best solution for most problems encountered.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

rtw94

ϟThe_Crimson_Cometϟ
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
No matter what hacked rom aside from those using Fire Red as a base, my vba screen goes white. I have fresh roms and have changed my flash type to 128. Im off of work for the next 3 weeks before I leave for basic training and aside from working out I want to pass time I blew through POKEMON ADVENTURE - RED CHAPTER, in two days and I need things to occupy my time. I remember I previously played this game, but my hard drive was wiped clean and I lost everything...help is needed.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 9, 2021
@rtw94: You probably didn't download Ruby 1.0. You need this version for the hack to be able to run.

I've got a problem too.
I'm at the Arceus event before the 8th gym and my VBA freezes when the Team Steam guy tries to capture Arceus.
How do I fix this? I've saved in front of the event and matter how often I try it, it always gets stuck at the same point. :/

Back