• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Interesting History?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    It is simple, what country do you think has the most interesting History? Also, tell why if you want.

I say US, because there sure is a lot of it. I mainly enjoy hearing about the struggles it faced early on. Especially how it managed to nab a victory over Britain who had far superior, more battle-hardened soldiers.

Years
  • China. It's got all those dynasties and quirky stories about emperors and palace intrigue, thousands of years of war and trade and exploration to as far away as Europe and Africa, and so many rebellions, revolutions, changes and discoveries.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    China. It's got all those dynasties and quirky stories about emperors and palace intrigue, thousands of years of war and trade and exploration to as far away as Europe and Africa, and so many rebellions, revolutions, changes and discoveries.

Hm.. China would have to be a close second. xD Truth be told, I enjoy all history. It seems that life would be more lively if I was a colonial child... sometimes all you can do is wish tho.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    Easily the history of Religion as a whole. How all of the religions practically are stealing from one another to the point that Christianity really isn't even a religion, it's just a watered down version of other bits and pieces of other religions. The history of Religion is one of my favorite passtimes and when it comes to my private library I have an entire bookcase dedicated to Religion.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I say US, because there sure is a lot of it.

Um, compared to most major countries, the US has a very short history (unless you're counting before it was an actual country, when it was arguably more interesting from a historical standpoint in my opinion).

Histories of countries to me tend to be all wrapped up in wars, oppression, and politics (which I find either boring or depressing), but if it were a history of some other topic like art, religion, ancient peoples, or natural history, heck yeah! I love that stuff :D

Years
  • Honestly, I like learning about them all. Every country's history is interesting in its own unique way to me, so I just can't place one over the rest. I can't even venture to say that I prefer US history above the rest, even though it's my home country. ^^;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Japan, China, and Mexico. They all have incredible stories involving different time periods, empires, dynasties, and revolutions that really capture my interest. I've always been a bit of a bakumatsu buff, so I do love history. Annnnd these are some of the few countries with histories that captivate me and don't depress the heck out of me. U.S. history itself is pretty damn depressing.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Russia. It's so different to most western countries.

Years
  • I like to cram as much knowledge in my head as I can, so I find world history in general to be very interesting, as it can help understand global politics better. So, I guess all countries have an interesting history. (b'-')b

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I really do hate history with a passion but yet i stilll have some history i enjoy x3. I like the ancient egyptian history and I also like all sorts of Asian history, especially Japan and China. The only part of history that I enjoy, which can probably be taught internationally, is World War II.

Pass!on

I'll go swimmin' in your eyes
    Years
  • I love learning about somewhat-modern European and East Asian history.
    Ancient history used to interest me, but that died when I took three years of latin.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The history of the Quality Inn hotel chain, naturally.

As for stuff we actually learn about in history class, I found ancient Greece and Rome to be quite interesting, and anime has given me some interest in Japanese history. That said, I'm not that big of a history person, so it's not like I'm really big into studying the subject.

Ayselipera

Well I have a continent/area in mind not a country. I think Central and South America have the most interesting history. I once had to spend a few months learning about the Aztecs, Incas, and Mayas and I loved it. I wish I could learn it all over again. :)

If I have to name a country though I'd say France. I thought the Renaissance, French Revolution, and Napoleonic Wars were all really intriguing.

Back