• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho-oh 112's Mystery gift system

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
HOW TO USE:
make a text file like this (text.txt or something)
REMEMBER TO USE NEW LINES
write in it:
Message (Hello this is a message)
Type (0 pokemon, 1 egg, 2 item, 3 none)
Pokemon/item (depends on it)
level
form
shiny (0 normal, 1 shiny, 2 shadow, 3 both)
move1
move2
move3
move4
ot (Owner Name)
id (id CAN'T START WITH 0, 5 numbers long)
nature
ability (0, 1, 2 Hidden)
item (0 for none)
ribbon (0 for none)
gender (0 male, 1 female)
ivs (1 HP, 2 ATK, 3 DEF, 4 SPEED, 5 SPEC. ATK, 6 SPEC. DEF) (0-5) SERPERATE LINES
FOR ALL OF THEM!
OK NOW I RECOMEND USING WEBS.COM TO MAKE A SITE FOR YOUR GAME THEN UPLOAD GIFT THERE AS YOU CAN CHANGE TEXT DOCUMENTS WITHOUT REUPLOADING.

NOT THAT HARD!

Nyndyll

PD : O Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
Well, sorry... tried aint working...

---------------------------
Pokemon: Distant Realms
Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: NameError

Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined local variable or method `pbLoadMGift' for #<Interpreter:0x956d6d8>

***Full script:

pbLoadMGift

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1592:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1592:in `command_355'

Interpreter:493:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Interpreter:275:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1592:in `command_355'

Interpreter:493:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\****\Saved Games/Pokemon_ Distant Realms/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Well, sorry... tried aint working...

EDIT: 1 last time follow those instructions
TO CALL USE: pbMysteryGift : INSIDE AN EVENT
Make sure to edit the link

EDIT2: Ok, you were using the old version and updated.... use pbMysteryGift to call

Last edited:

Nyndyll

PD : O Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
Thank ya -- you da best!
(working now. just gotta work at the event [what you said the first time])

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Thank ya -- you da best!
(working now. just gotta work at the event [what you said the first time])

Lol, I thought it was an error I made, if you brought that up faster, sorry for the hastle : p

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Mystery Gift is a feature that charge between generations, so put more descriptions that you system do in the topic. After a look I realized that this script can make the player to receive an egg/item/pokémon. Anyway, good script.
Idea: Maybe you can put a variable to be compared in the txt for each entry before give the pokémon.
Example: Player can only get one level 20 pokémon after this variable be 8 or greater, thing that occurs when the player reach at the sixth city, for other in the level 30 this variable need to be 13, and so on.
If someone don't like to use this feature, just made this optional making by default to this variable being -1 and all pokémon this line entry being 0, making the game to ignore when this variable is negative.

A Note to developers: It's no good to give a Victini lv5 at start of the game, so use this system moderately. maybe unlock after some game progress.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Mystery Gift is a feature that charge between generations, so put more descriptions that you system do in the topic. After a look I realized that this script can make the player to receive an egg/item/pokémon. Anyway, good script.
Idea: Maybe you can put a variable to be compared in the txt for each entry before give the pokémon.
Example: Player can only get one level 20 pokémon after this variable be 8 or greater, thing that occurs when the player reach at the sixth city, for other in the level 30 this variable need to be 13, and so on.
If someone don't like to use this feature, just made this optional making by default to this variable being -1 and all pokémon this line entry being 0, making the game to ignore when this variable is negative.

A Note to developers: It's no good to give a Victini lv5 at start of the game, so use this system moderately. maybe unlock after some game progress.

I'll add to the next release, when I get my new laptop....

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
I'm sorry, but this is Pokemon Raptor's Mystery Gift code too. If you want to learn how to script that is now how to do it and you are not an Advanced Scripter. I know more about scripting than you do, and I have barely even made a dent I RGSS knowledge.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I'm sorry, but this is Pokemon Raptor's Mystery Gift code too. If you want to learn how to script that is now how to do it and you are not an Advanced Scripter. I know more about scripting than you do, and I have barely even made a dent I RGSS knowledge.

LOOK AT RAPTOR'S SCRIPT CAREFULLY AND SEE IT'S VERY DIFFERENT, A MOD OPENED IT UP, BESIDES WHEN I GET A NEW LAPTOP I'LL CHANGE THIS COMPLETELY.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Guys, if you believe that any script is fake or belongs to someone else PM me or Cilerba with the proof. Now please do not continue speaking about that within this thread. Please keep on topic. Thank you.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I feel like Re-inventing my script using MySQL.... It seems more flexible to me....

Years
Oh for sure, it is so much more flexible.
It's a lot better than downloading a file in many ways:

1) People have much less of a chance of fudging the data.
2) It's a whole lot more secure
3) It's pretty much instant.

In fact, I've already achieved a system like this for my project, Reigning Darkness.
Go for it, see what you can make!

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Oh for sure, it is so much more flexible.
It's a lot better than downloading a file in many ways:

1) People have much less of a chance of fudging the data.
2) It's a whole lot more secure
3) It's pretty much instant.

In fact, I've already achieved a system like this for my project, Reigning Darkness.
Go for it, see what you can make!

CAN YOU HELP ME WITH MySQL PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!! (I can't get it to work....)

by that I mean mySQL...

Last edited:
Back