• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
My Litwick hunt is coming to an end. I want to get back to putting together my competitive team, so I will end the hunt when I reach 1,400. Right now I'm at 1,320. I might return to the hunt in the future when I'm done putting together a team. The Pokémon that I will be breeding for are Magnemite, Archen, Cranidos, Sandile, Axew, and Bagon. Magnemite, Axew, and Bagon are the only ones for my team, with Bagon as an alternate for Axew. The other three are just for fun.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I come bearing good news yet again! After reaching 15,018 encounters for Staryu and 18,003 encounters for Gible, I decided to take a little bit of a break from both. My hunt for Paras has been bothering me for the longest, so I figured that I would get up to 24,000 encounters for it before I went back to hunting for Gible. Last night, I increased my total from 23,100 encounters to 23,416 encounters.

So today after church, I noticed that I had a bit of free time before I have to get ready for some event I'm going to later. So what do I decide to do? Shiny hunt, of course! Double hunting on both FR and LG while reading some interesting articles about human relations, I was able to raise my total rather quickly. The sound was off on both games, but I was looking at the games before I pressed "Run" every time. I've read too many stories about people looking at their games a nanosecond too late, and they end up running away from the shiny.

Today, my paranoia paid off because after 23,886 encounters, I found a shiny Paras on my LeafGreen version!

When I looked, instantly recognized that it was different, but I simply could NOT believe that it was shiny. I had to compare the Paras on my LG version to the Paras on my FR version just to make sure that the colors were different, lol. And even then, part of me refused to believe that I was finally fighting a shiny Paras. I decided to catch the Paras just to be sure.

It took a total of three turns. Yawn on Turn 1. Switch to Scizor on Turn 2. False Swipe on Turn 3. One Nest Ball later, Paras was mine!

It is female, it has a Brave nature, and it was holding a Big Mushroom! Talk about lucky, huh?

I wasn't able to make a video of the capture because the camera isn't available to me at the moment, but I guess I'll make a video later. I think this shiny is especially important to commemorate by video; even though it isn't a fire type shiny, it IS one of my longest hunts to date.

Good luck to everyone else! I dunno what my next target on FR/LG will be!

pokewalker, could you elaborate more about that online storage website?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Thank you for congratulating me, Latios Master.

Just thought I'd post some pictures of my shiny Paras. Other than that, I don't really have much to say.

Spoiler:

I made a video, too, which should be up in a couple of hours.

Good luck to everyone else! I think my shiny hunting is going to slow down for the next few weeks. Despite my recent success, I find myself lacking motivation...

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2011
The only shiny Pokemon I ever got was a blue Unown H. I was trying to get all the different Unowns in my Heartgold, but then I encountered this, I already had an Unown H but I knew I had to get this. So I threw about 50 Reg pokeballs because I did not have false swipe at the time and did not want to risk attacking it so yea I threw pokeballs lol.

EDIT: Oh yea I just remembered, I have a red gyarados from I think Heartgold or something. Idk maybe my diamond.

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I finally got my first shiny Pokémon in gen 5! It's not a Litwick that I've been trying to get using the Masuda Method for the past seven weeks, but an Audino. I came across it on Route 12 when I was leveling up my Anorith to get Armaldo for my Pokédex. The shiny Audino has a perfect IV in HP. My streak of bad luck is finally over.

Spoiler:

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
nice shiny latios, im glad you unlucky streak is over and with a good shiny at that with good stats for the most part. i hope you get your shiny litwick soon, i have been going after one of those for a while as well but im mainly hunting that darn charmander.

might as well tell you guys and gals what other shinies im also going for
numel- i have a whole pc full of eggs currently minus half a box in ss
rayquaza- just becuase ive gotten to it now in emerald
manectric- havent started yet
magnemite- havent started yet either
oh yeah and charmander if you couldnt guess.

Years
sadly, Ive been in a dry spell catching shinies, but Ive got 4 recently from events, the Pikachu-Colored Pichu, and the 3 legendary dogs to catch Zoroark.

Oh wait, this is a new club? ok, guess I'll have to re-register, and I'll haul across my list from the old one... wait, it's gone? oh crap, I can't even remember what I caught... let's see what I remember.

Gen II
Cleffa
Gyarados (duh)
Ledyba
Igglybuff
Goldeen

(missed out on catching a shiny Spinirak in Prism)

Gen III
Machop x2
Torkoal
Mahiukita
Golbat
Crobat
Geodude
Zigzagoon (disguised as a Bidoof in a ROMhack)

Gen IV
Ponyta
Nosepass
Gyarados (HeartGold)

Obatined through Events (Gen IV)
Pichu
Suicune
Raikou
Entei

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thanks, Weber! Good luck on your hunts. Audino is the Pokémon I come across the most in the wild, since I use them for leveling up quicker. About a month ago I was wondering if one would end up being shiny since I come across so many. Getting a shiny Audino has given me more patience when it comes to Litwick. I think I'll hatch some in between each Pokémon that I am hatching on the list that I listed in a previous post.

Welcome back to the club, HaloSonic! Event and ROM Pokémon don't count towards the list on page 1. Gyarados doesn't count either, since everyone who plays those games can get one.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I was going to post a few days ago, but I wanted to clear something up with Landorus first. It looks like he's been afflicted with the Curse of the Owner, though, and if he doesn't post within the next 5 years, I'm going to seize control of the club and push through my secret agenda that he keeps on vetoing.

I've been hunting mostly Johto starters and doing some non-shiny hunting activities, so I'm only up to 1935 Palkia.

can i join i have a shiny darkra dexos raqava reasream and grainta

i have made a legend club if any one would like to join

Sure, you can join, but I'm afraid I have to give you a strike. Off-topic posts are fine to an extent, especially if they're to help make the club more active or to continue discussions hinted at in previous posts. However, your second post there was just an advertisement. It would've been fine if you posted something like "I'm SRing for a shiny Palkia, and I'm at 1923 SRs. Speaking of legends, I made a club if anyone wants to join," but your post didn't really mention shiny hunting at all.

Also, what was the 4th shiny you listed? I can't tell what you were trying to say, but I sure hope it isn't Reshiram...

G-Money, your math is wrong. For your math to be right, you must not give up a hunt ever, and you must also not count any shinies until you've completed any hunts you were doing concurrently with them.

Imagine the scenario: You attempt to Masuda breed for a given species. If you don't get it within 500 eggs, you switch to another species. This means the number of tries from each of your successes will never exceed 500.

Count the number of eggs you've hatched on all your 5th-gen games, add them together, divide by the number of shinies you've hatched. That's your experimental mean.

Thanks! I knew that the lack of unsuccessful hunts would skew the numbers a bit, but I wasn't sure by how much. Do you think there are that many unsuccessful hunts where the numbers would shift ~700 eggs?

Latios Master, you better get that Litwick soon! You're making my math look bad. :pink_tongue:

shiny Paras

Congrats, Fufu! You're getting shinies at a pretty fast pace - it's tough for me to keep up! Slow down so I can gain some ground, "lol."

The only shiny Pokemon I ever got was a blue Unown H. I was trying to get all the different Unowns in my Heartgold, but then I encountered this, I already had an Unown H but I knew I had to get this. So I threw about 50 Reg pokeballs because I did not have false swipe at the time and did not want to risk attacking it so yea I threw pokeballs lol.

EDIT: Oh yea I just remembered, I have a red gyarados from I think Heartgold or something. Idk maybe my diamond.

Welcome to the club!

shiny Audino

Congrats! You deserved a shiny, and one with a perfect IV at that!

rayquaza- just becuase ive gotten to it now in emerald

I would suggest going after Rayquaza in HG/SS if you can; Emerald has a broken RNG, so you'll just keep getting the same set of non-shiny Pokemon over and over if you plan on SRing. You could try having each SR a different amount of time, since I think the RNG has something to do with how long the game has been on. Still, I wouldn't take my chances with Emerald, since there's a chance that you don't find a shiny in hundreds of thousands of encounters! :o

sadly, Ive been in a dry spell catching shinies, but Ive got 4 recently from events, the Pikachu-Colored Pichu, and the 3 legendary dogs to catch Zoroark.

Oh wait, this is a new club? ok, guess I'll have to re-register, and I'll haul across my list from the old one... wait, it's gone? oh crap, I can't even remember what I caught... let's see what I remember.

Gen II
Cleffa
Gyarados (duh)
Ledyba
Igglybuff
Goldeen

(missed out on catching a shiny Spinirak in Prism)

Gen III
Machop x2
Torkoal
Mahiukita
Golbat
Crobat
Geodude
Zigzagoon (disguised as a Bidoof in a ROMhack)

Gen IV
Ponyta
Nosepass
Gyarados (HeartGold)

Obatined through Events (Gen IV)
Pichu
Suicune
Raikou
Entei

Welcome back! We don't count GenII Pokemon for the Dex either, but you're more than welcome to hunt them if you want. ;) Is your Gyarados the Lake of Rage one or did you find it while surfing? (same goes for Uade)

I like the consistency between your introductory posts, "lol." The old club is still around, but it's locked for new posting:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5784241#post5784241
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5886462#post5886462

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Metagross Im watching you

Shiny Charizard lvl 38 brave nature knows Slash, Flamethrower, Wing attack, Dragon Rage

Shiny Pidgeotto lvl 24 Naughty nature, Twister, arial ace, Quick attack, Hidden power

Shiny Arcanine lvl 55 impish nature, Moring Sun, Flare Blitz, Aerial ace, Fireblast

I have a VERY large collection Of shinys, i am looking for 1 right now, And I am offering these. What I really want is a shiny Metagross/ Pre evo the hunt goes on for me constantly so shoot me with a PM if you have a shiny metagoss and or another nice shiny. Happy hunting:D

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Shiny Charizard lvl 38 brave nature knows Slash, Flamethrower, Wing attack, Dragon Rage

Shiny Pidgeotto lvl 24 Naughty nature, Twister, arial ace, Quick attack, Hidden power

Shiny Arcanine lvl 55 impish nature, Moring Sun, Flare Blitz, Aerial ace, Fireblast

I have a VERY large collection Of shinys, i am looking for 1 right now, And I am offering these. What I really want is a shiny Metagross/ Pre evo the hunt goes on for me constantly so shoot me with a PM if you have a shiny metagoss and or another nice shiny. Happy hunting:D

Sorry, but I'm going to have to give you a strike. You can't make posts here that exclusively talk about trading, even if it's about trading shinies. If you want to talk about looking for a shiny Beldum/Metang/Metagross in your games, we'd be more than happy to welcome you to our club and talk about them with you.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thanks for the congrats, G-Money!

I'm now up to 1,375 Litwicks and 43 Magnemites. I've hatched some really good Magnemites with the Sturdy ability, but I want the Magnet Pull ability. I'm not sure how many more Litwicks I'll hatch. The shiny Audino was wild Pokémon encounter no. 3,987.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
thanks for that bit of info G, i got a shiny rayquaza from that game previously so i was thinking i could just do it again, hmmm looks like a fairly big challenge now

i think im gonig to go back to charmander for a while and if i dont get it by monday i will give it a break and go onto litwick or axew but possibly numel.

Years
AAH who erases their shinies??! Also that Emerald save had an early shiny frame which is pretty rare. (Rather than being impossible to SR, it's super easy instead, possibly depending on the target.) It's a shame you restarted it. I believe early frame shinies from Emerald count as RNGing, so we don't accept them, but I'm not 100% on the new rules.

Currently playing through Black (Spiral Mountain) instead of hunting. I'm still hoping in vain for a beautiful Boldore to show up but keeping my expectations down. I plan to return to Generations 3 and 4 to clear up some of my old targets.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
Sorry, but I'm going to have to give you a strike. You can't make posts here that exclusively talk about trading, even if it's about trading shinies. If you want to talk about looking for a shiny Beldum/Metang/Metagross in your games, we'd be more than happy to welcome you to our club and talk about them with you.

K sorry I thought it was a shiny trading one :)

Im attempting to Musada for the first time wish me luck

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I reached 1,400 Litwicks and 50 Magnemites. I spent a lot of time using the Pokéradar on Platinum last summer trying to get a shiny Magnemite, but I could never reach a chain of 40. It would always snap when I was in the 30s. I'm just gonna hatch Magnemites now until I get the IVs that I want. Snivy took 56 eggs, so I hope it doesn't take much longer. I want to get started on Archen and Cranidos soon. Archen is my favorite gen 5 Pokémon and Cranidos is my 2nd favorite Pokémon overall, behind Latios. Speaking of Latios, I want to eventually SR for one in Sapphire someday.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
dont worry metal mario, i imported it onto soul silver, but i hope that dosnt count as rng'ing becuase it would be pretty lame if it was espeically becuase i have a mac and i dont think there is programs for it yet or atleast that i know of. i also got a shiny wingull that play through though :)

ugh numel is taking forever, did a couple hundred more eggs and no shiny yet, its been since feb since ive seen a shiny of my own...

Back