• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Say five things you like about your favorite series

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Without mentioning anything about any other series. So no comparing or degrading other series. :)

Best Wishes is mine sooo

1. It's fun and relaxing
    2. Fun assortment of rivals. Each part of the trio had at least one rival for them to compete with.
    3. Cilan and Iris were also fun and enjoyable companions. I loved seeing the trios shenanigans and how they all grew with one another
    4. The interactions between the Pokemon were really fun and especially loved seeing all the Pikachu and Ash moments that the series had
    5. They highlighted one of my favorite things about Ash's personality throughout the series.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • My favorite series can be either Diamond and Pearl or XY/XYZ depending on my mood or what day it happens to be. Overall though I would probably yield to XY/XYZ seeing as the Anime did a better job than the games(I don't say that often). Bonnie was a far better "Max" while also giving us daily memories of Brock with her "You're a Keeper" gag. Serena's development was on par with past performer girls, if not exceeding them. Amourshipping(enough said, although I am not one who demeans other shippings) and finally Ash had two Dragons on his team.

Years
  • best wishes

1. cilan is adorable, and the overall dynamic of the main trio was really fun to me
    2. the colors are very fun and vibrant
    3. kokoro no fanfare<3
    4. this was the first series i watched the trailers/teasers for, and there was so much hype among fans before it aired! i felt so connected with and enjoyed being in the fandom at this time.
    5. team rocket were more interesting, especially when compared to the sinnoh saga

though i admittedly have only seen half of best wishes, since midway i became busy/stressed and fell out of watching anything. will definitely catch up soon. for fairness' sake, out of the series i have seen majority/all of...

sun & moon

1. i connect with all the mains well and love their backstories. <3
    2. lillie is my favorite character from all of pokémon and is literally me
    3. your adventure is my favorite opening ever
    4. this pair is just irresistible.
    5. character diversity here is really great, and i enjoy all the different dynamics and interactions

Last edited:

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
    Years
  • Why I love XY/XYZ

1. For me, each character in the group feels so much more human than other companions. Even Ash felt more human and likeable
    2. Everyone got an equal chance to shine, and they delivered, including Bonnie
    3. It brought some of my favourite gym battles in the entire series, an example is the Clemont vs Ash battle.
    4. While Team Flare never really showed up until XYZ, they were still building things up since the introduction of Mega Evolution, with the special
    5. Everything Amourshipping. The kiss, their date, how much they rubbed off on each other and the trust they had.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Why I love d/p:

1. Pearlshipping and its fandom :) Has been happy for me^^,
    2. Dawn in general. She's awesome :3,
    3. My happy memories of watching the anime around 2011^^,
    4. The songs. So much win :3,
    5. The Pokemon Ash and co. had :3 soooo awesome

Kinda unsure the order of these, really. But yeah d/p is great :D

After d/p I also liked hoenn a lot, i may talk about why as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Why I love d/p:

1. Pearlshipping and its fandom :) Has been happy for me^^,
    2. Dawn in general. She's awesome :3,
    3. My happy memories of watching the anime around 2011^^,
    4. The songs. So much win :3,
    5. The Pokemon Ash and co. had :3 soooo awesome

Kinda unsure the order of these, really. But yeah d/p is great :D

After d/p I also liked hoenn a lot, i may talk about why as well.

i'm not gonna lie i expected XY because of Korrina but i totally would like to hear about your reasons for hoenn since it's one that not a lot of people seem to like as much as like.... dp and xy!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    DP

1. The Sinnoh League.
    2. Ash vs Paul. Best battle in the entire show, in my opinion.
    3. The Pokemon teams that Ash and co had.
    4. Dawn's awesome character development and determination. Pearlshipping is awesome too.
    5. The songs and music.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Like most here, Diamond/Pearl is my choice...

1. I love Pokemon Contest, and Dawn had her clear goal from the start in comparison to May, and Dawn participated more contests than May to achieve her 5 ribbons so...
    2. Better character development. DP saga has lots of episodes which some people hate for its filler part, but I think it's what enables the trio and their respective rivals to be interesting and strong too.
    3. Interesting strategy adaptation. Ash and Dawn adapt each other strats to aid themselves in either contests or gyms. Even Paul also uses some of them. It's really cool and reasonable most of the time (looking at you, the infamous Thunder Armor)
    4. Gym Leaders aren't pushovers. Compared to Hoenn, at least Sinnoh Gym Leaders gave Ash harder time.
    5. Unpopular opinion, but Jessie able to get herself officially participate in the Pokemon Contest grand finale (whatever it called, i forgot :P ) She proves herself to be able to get 5 ribbons herself, compared to Hoenn which is a huge upgrade.

Things I disliked about DP tho...
    1. Ambipom departure. I actually liked Aipom a lot...
    2. Tobias. The man that needs no introduction I suppose.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • For me, it's a VERY close toss-up between the XY and DP seasons. If I had to choose... probably XY.

1.) I'm a sucker for good characterization, and it was done really well here. The main group had such a good dynamic and played off of each other nicely. I actually cried at the end knowing they'd split, and I haven't cried watching a Pokemon episode since Pikachu's Goodbye. Ash himself, imo, was the best he's ever been character-wise.
    2.) The story was told very well, knew when to get serious, and ended up being kinda "shonen-esque" at times, which is something that I personally enjoy. The Team Flare arc was really awesome too. And dat Core Enforcer thoooo.
    3.) Ash-Greninja. Before it showed up, I was wondering how they'd handle Mega Evolution with Ash. And I quite liked how it happens, it being the result of a bond beyond that which causes Mega Evolution, which suits Ash very well. And that theme that plays! I watch Pokemon dubbed, but his JP theme absolutely slaps. Kinda wish he didn't end up releasing him at the end tho.
    4.) The Gym battles were really fun to watch. Some of my favorites included Korrina, Clemont, and Wulfric's battles.
    5.) I'm not usually one to ship characters together, but holy eff did I enjoy the Amourshipping in this. Serena was so cute throughout the show trying to keep her feelings in, and everything from their "date", to her taking care of him while he was sick, to that kiss... Serena, pls come back, I'm rooting for you!

For s&g's, I'll include DP as well.

1.) Paul. He was more than just your everyday douche-y rival. Essentially Ash's antithesis, he represented everything Ash didn't believe. His character was written insanely well, opposing Ash and his ideals with his own at every point, leading up to what I personally believe was the best battle in the entire series.
    2.) Ash's team was the best it has ever been. His team was so good, they had to create a character with a team full of legendaries just to make him lose the Sinnoh League.
    3.) Characterization was done extremely well here too, with both the trainers and the Pokemon. Dawn's character development with contests, Ash's Turtwig essentially having to relearn how to battle using its bigger body after evolving, the list goes on. And don't even get me started on Infernape.
    4.) Really great battles. Not only were they entertaining to watch, I really liked seeing Ash implement Dawn's contest moves into his own battle style, such as the Counter Shield. And even Dawn implemented aspects of Ash's battle style into her contests.
    5.) Cynthia. That is all.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Original

So............

1.Misty
    2.Pokerap
    3.German pokemon names
    4.James's origin
    5.Jessie's design