• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Blaze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 2, 2022
intro
Hey everyone! I've been working on a ROM hack which isn't ready yet but should be ready very soon!
Sorry if it isn't so good, i'm a noob at this.

Hack Information
Hack name: Pokémon Dark Blaze
ROM base: Pokémon Firered (U.S Version)

Storyline
You start out as a young trainer named Dark/Light, (Depending on if you're a boy or girl) who is now officially ten years old. You are eager to start your journey, so you head off to prof. Oak's lab to choose one of three eevee starters: Leafeon, Flareon, or Vaporeon. Prof. oak gives you a pokedex and you're off into the new region known as Hoea! (Ho-ee-aa), along with your rival Blaze!
Spoiler:

Features

- Blue and Red can both be found and challenged
- All eight original gym leaders, and elite four too!
- you can travel to Johto!
- You can buy Pokémon!
- Stay at a hotel as long as you want (No reason, just for fun, also because I got tired of that lady saying they were booked.)
- You can buy a house! (No specific reason, just for the fun of it.)
- Catch or recieve all legendaries gen 3 and under! (possibly some higher gen legends too.)
- Possibly some Pokémon gen 4 and higher
- Visit part of Kanto!
- After seeing your way of battling, and in need of a boss, Team Rocket wants you as a leader! Will you accept?
- Day and Night system! (check RTC on vba options.)

Bugs
Some caves cannot be exited from. (only from exit, entrance works fine,) As well as some places in caves where exit arrows appear when not supposed to.

Tools used
-Advance Map 1.95
-NSE 2.1
-PET
-Overworld E-RE
-XSE
-Pokescript
-APE
-DayAndNight
-VBA (testing)
-WesleyFG's Tiles for tile changes (small tile changes)
I'll probably use more later on. (i'll add them)

Download
Not released until done with most of the features.

Screenshots
View attachment 71806 View attachment 71807

View attachment 71808View attachment 71809

View attachment 71811

That's it for now, If you want to help with this ROM hack you can tell me in this thread or you can PM me, Help would be very appreciated, thanks :)

Help Wanted

Usually most people can't due a ROM hack by themselves, this is no exception. If you want to help me, please PM me or tell me in this thread. currently I am looking for:

World mapper - Need help on making a good world map that matches the game.

Graphic inserter - Need someone who is good at inserting graphics such as title screen, world map, etc.

tile editor - Need someone who can edit trees, buildings, (sorry, i'm not good at making big tile changes.)

beta tester(s) - two so far, two more to go.

(Everyone who helps with this ROM hack will be given credit.)

That's it for now, thank you and hopefully this ROM hack will be great!

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
So um.. I can't judge your hack since the screenies are so damn small. Also, the features are so confusing, you don't need to add those faces :P I can help you with titlescreen inserting, but I need your full titlescreen done :P

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
Woah!! The features were unique and I loved them ^^! I hope this hack won't die out and I'll be waiting for the release.

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
So um.. I can't judge your hack since the screenies are so damn small. Also, the features are so confusing, you don't need to add those faces :P I can help you with titlescreen inserting, but I need your full titlescreen done :P

You can click the screenies to embiggen :)

@DarkblazeX- really like the idea of essentially playing Kanto in a new region! Though, I hope you wind up being able to incorporate a little of Johto and Kanto as well! I always love seeing hackers' takes on actual regions :)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So...what is the story here? I mean, I get that you're a kid that living in Hoea, but what's its relation to Kanto? Is it basically the story of Kanto, just in a different region?

Also, in regards to the features, what is the function of buying a house or staying in a hotel? I mean, they're interesting features no doubt, and I'm not going to ask why a 10 year is able to buy a house at all, that's an easy handwave in the context of Pokemon, but what is it that they allow you to do that, exactly?

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
This looks like a good hack. Fill in a few blank holes in the story, and you're golden! I'll keep my eye out on this one :)

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
To be honest, the story seems a little blank. Is there stuff you're hiding from the public? Also regarding Team Rocket, how are they implemented in the story, do they still remain in Kanto, moved to Hoea, how do you become leader, do they just pick you, do you take over by force, rise up in the ranks? There are really a lot of questions that remain unanswered.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Unfortunately your hack doesn't adhere to our new Progressing Hacks Forum rules: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8221312#post8221312

However, as your thread is currently open we're going to allow you some time to get your hack up to scratch. You'll need to post at least 6 significantly edited screenshots and show some significant progress on your ROM Hack. Also, your storyline could definitely do with some buffing up. Please make me aware when you believe you have done so and we can discuss where we go from there.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 2, 2022
So...what is the story here? I mean, I get that you're a kid that living in Hoea, but what's its relation to Kanto? Is it basically the story of Kanto, just in a different region?

Also, in regards to the features, what is the function of buying a house or staying in a hotel? I mean, they're interesting features no doubt, and I'm not going to ask why a 10 year is able to buy a house at all, that's an easy handwave in the context of Pokemon, but what is it that they allow you to do that, exactly?
I have added the connections with Hoea and Kanto as a spoiler since it reveals part of the game, you can find it in the storyline section. As for the house and hotel features, they are just small things in the game to make it a bit more entertaining.

To be honest, the story seems a little blank. Is there stuff you're hiding from the public? Also regarding Team Rocket, how are they implemented in the story, do they still remain in Kanto, moved to Hoea, how do you become leader, do they just pick you, do you take over by force, rise up in the ranks? There are really a lot of questions that remain unanswered.

This ROM hack takes place three years before the Johto events, but a few months after Red defeated Geovanni and became the champion, Since many team rocket members still wanted to commit crime, they are found in many places in the Hoea region doing crimes, but they do not know what they are doing since they do not have a leader to guide them. Many of them battled you before and got in a group, they decided that you were the powerful leader they had been searching for after Geovani's disappearance. (Note: Becoming the leader is an optional thing and not required to advance in the game, but there will be side missions in the game if you choose to become the leader.)

Last edited by a moderator:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I have added the connections with Hoea and Kanto as a spoiler since it reveals part of the game, you can find it in the storyline section. As for the house and hotel features, they are just small things in the game to make it a bit more entertaining.
Well it's not so much whether there's a reason for them to be there, it's more a matter of what they do for the player. Do they restore health, can you advance time there, do they add extra events...that sort of thing. The reason I ask this is because the player will feel little reason to buy a house or to rent a hotel room simply because they can. They'd feel more inclined to if they had some sort of perks that came along with doing them, even if they're things as small as simply gaining previously inaccessible items.

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
Well it's not so much whether there's a reason for them to be there, it's more a matter of what they do for the player. Do they restore health, can you advance time there, do they add extra events...that sort of thing. The reason I ask this is because the player will feel little reason to buy a house or to rent a hotel room simply because they can. They'd feel more inclined to if they had some sort of perks that came along with doing them, even if they're things as small as simply gaining previously inaccessible items.

Or maybe one house could turn out to be haunted, leading to an encounter with a shiny ghost pokemon! Oh, the possibilities...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 2, 2022

Yes I plan to add a legendary event on each one (one of the houses will have a special legendary)
and perhaps other things such as special items.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
The screen shots are not bad. If I can make a suggestion on them, like I've been told by V.V [I believe], you upload them to imgur so they can be a good size to post them on here. The default size is good, that's what I used to upload mine with.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 2, 2022

Yeah, sorry about that, not sure how to add big screenshots, and thanks that would be very helpful :) I also removed the faces, less confusing.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 2, 2022
The screen shots are not bad. If I can make a suggestion on them, like I've been told by V.V [I believe], you upload them to imgur so they can be a good size to post them on here. The default size is good, that's what I used to upload mine with.

Thanks I will try that :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
For the legendaries and the houses thing... some of the best ones would be Darkrai and Cresselia! Go to sleep in the bed, in the house, then go to dream land, or nightmare land, and catch them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back