• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Ice Blue [FINAL VERSION 2.0 COMPLETED] NEW FAKEMON & MORE!

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
POKEMON ICEBLUE

lT7Ot5m.png

Story

• Articuno has frozen the world, can you find the legendary "Phoenix" and save the world?

About

• Made this for my daughter as a gift
  • Update 2.0 being done release soon: New story/ Catching Pokemon Enabled /Some New Pokemon & Re-Types.
  • Some Fakemon Including: Gorochu, Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles
  • Non-Vanilla TIles for the most part/new maps and some re-used maps from firered.
  • Mini Game should only take a few hours
  • Difficulty Level is High
  • Open world-ish

Screenshots

bA6NiPT.png
sjfyiof.png
GFff64n.png
fjdzhGm.png
8rJdZAh.png
M8d0OBZ.png
spctotU.png
bQaYOVn.png
Moc1Az0.png
RMxO2VI.png
rrt6w5s.png
JS3cMg4.png
Wa0y5gm.png
mo8UHQh.png
WFFti3e.png

Credits

• Myself - Scripting, Mapping, Sprite Inserting,Story,OW/sprite work/edits, overall design/layout of everything etc
  • Joexv - Start screen Design and Original from Beta Version
  • JPAN - hacked engine
  • M.C.s - Winter ROM base used for tileset/ He also did the Starting Map/Elding Map (Part of the rombase)
  • M.C.s Winter ROM base used tiles from numerous people. Please see his post.
  • Spritemaster2010 - baby Hooh front sprite
  • MikeP - Help with cover/box art
  • Cayan - Inspiring this project and teaching me the fundamentals
  • Kalarie for all the guidance and help.
  • Lunos for all the help fixing errors.
  • Haven for all the help fixing errors/tools made.
  • Edok Fakemon Spriting.
  • Kyle Beta Testing/Support
  • Please contact me if anyone was left out.

Bugs

• There can be a minor lag when credits start just ignore it
  • saving in the vba emulator can be an issue fix with this link
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSt6SOuuh8U
  • Suggest using mGBA
  • Door Animations/warp Animations can graphically seem off ignore it

Spoilers

Spoiler:

Download

2.0 is the final completed version - https://www.mediafire.com/file/7d2iam1y8twhy7g/Pokemon_Ice_Blue_2.0.ips/file
Barring some unknown bug this game has been completed and will not be worked on any further after 2.0

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
Beta 1.1 has completed testing, Just having people test Beta 1.2 right now.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
I have posted a link to download the IPS - Enjoy and let me know what you think :)! It is very simple but for a first go very happy with it. (ONLY WILL WORK ON VBA EMULATOR)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
I should also mention since the game is not very long the difficulty can be considered very hard at points was made to make the playtime a bit longer. Anyone that has played it please comment and let me know what you think :) !

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I'm playing through this, I have to ask is it normal to be getting gym badges from certain battles?

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
I'm playing through this, I have to ask is it normal to be getting gym badges from certain battles?

Yes - It is silly/lazy but I did that initially to stop high lvl disobeying - a bit odd I know, next rom hack won't be like that aha..

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I also seem to be stuck after obtaining the oh-oh, articuno won't fight me, and the other entrance nearby is blocked by an old man

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
I also seem to be stuck after obtaining the oh-oh, articuno won't fight me, and the other entrance nearby is blocked by an old man

You'll have to head back to Victoria Beach (left of Churchill) and in the house on Elk Island to grab the Phoenix stone to evolve oh-oh. Then Articuno will fight you. Unless you have the stone then use it on Oh-Oh. After you beat Articuno (no cutscene but basically the end) after the old man will let you pass for an easter egg.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
So great news ... with the release of mGBA 0.9.0 it works on that emulator as well!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
I feel like I'm missing something here. After patching the IPS file to my rom, VBA doesn't seem to want to play it. Is there a certain rom that I need to be using?

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
I feel like I'm missing something here. After patching the IPS file to my rom, VBA doesn't seem to want to play it. Is there a certain rom that I need to be using?
Should be fine on a vanilla file - if the screen is turning black try mGBA 0.9.0 or a different VBA (Could be if you're using VBA-M)?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
Yeah, I am using VBA-M and when I try to load the game the screen turns white. Should I be using a different version of VBA?

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2022
Yeah, I am using VBA-M and when I try to load the game the screen turns white. Should I be using a different version of VBA?

Yes Use VBA (Not M or any other variant) or VBA_Next or mGBA 0.9.0

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
Yeah, I think it's my FireRed file. It'll open on VBA-M but not VBA or mGBA 0.9.0. I'll see if I can find a proper file for this and try again. If you have any recommended sites, I am all ears!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
Update: Found a better FireRed file and can now play it. Thank you for the help!

Back