• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ? Red Gyarados + Blue Gyarados = Gold Magikarp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
In Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal I got told that when you breed the Red Gyarados with a normal blue one you get a Gold Magikarp is this true or is someone just plain lying to make themselves look big!

Ichikool

D/P Lover
Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
Aaaah! Really? I wish mi Silvers still worked...

Anyways, I've never heard of breeding those two Gyarados make a shiny... -3-

Shinji_

Paul addicted
Years
It's probably true im 60% sure ROTFL. Because a red Gyrados is shining which is 50% the breed and the other gyrados is normal so its another 50% so the chances are equal..But if im correct gyrados have male and female statistics so I think that if im correct that if the male gyrados is shiny that it will be more chance to make the magicarp shiny I could be wrong.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
Years
I tried it a lot, just got normal Magikarp.
The chances of getting a shiny Magikarp may rise a tiny bit, but it would still be rare, even with breeding two shiny Gyarados.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
Actually, yeah you will. When one of the pokemon breeded is shiny your chances of hatching a shiny is 1/64 and since the shiny magikarp is gold, you should get one. Also, for some wierd reason, you can't breed two shiny pokemon...

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2011
I thought we can't inherit shinny from parent to baby?

No, no, no. That's in the advance generation games.

I wanna use this to breed my shiny gyarados with a female dratini...then i'll have a shiny dragonite!!!!! mwahaha

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Wouldnt the magikarp be RED because it evolves into a RED gyarados.

No... a Red Gyarados is the name for a Shiny Gyarados. We give it that name thanks to the GSC generation's Lake of Rage event. a SHINY Gyarados would give birth to a SHINY Magikarp, which is, in fact, Gold colored.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
actually the shining gyarados has to be a girl, and the regular gyarados has to be boy.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2008

I wanna use this to breed my shiny gyarados with a female dratini...then i'll have a shiny dragonite!!!!! mwahaha

Are you a great fan of Dragonite?
I am too.... They are so special...so adorable....

Heather

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
i never really knew that. i caught the red gyarados and a blue one never breeded them. ill go give that a shot.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010

And that will work, I did it, I also have a shiny ditto that i can breed with anything and within a few eggs, I have a shiny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back