• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Never played BBS, actually the only one I haven't played in the series. Should get around to that eventually, if its as good as they say.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I just thought the KH storyline got reeeeeally convoluted and awkward.

I do love the concept of them though.

Shameful that I've only played KHI, II and 385/2 days......

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Oh my god the mobile version is ugly as hell.

Why couldn't they remake it with the same engine they used for FFIVDS?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Oh God, I know. The Mobile versions look utterly TERRIBLE. The reason that they're not going FFIVDS, FFIVPSP, or even a full scale 3D remake is beyond me.

...Actually, no it's not. It's very logical, really. That, right there, is cheap as hell to make, and a great money maker.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • To top it all off, while SE gives off these awful renditions of V and VI, they went and remade FFIV: After Years in the same style as FFIV DS. Now not to say After Years is a bad game, but SE have some weird priorities in that they remade After Years and not V and VI. (that or they just found an excuse to reuse the models of FFIV DS and call it a day.)

Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • And on mobile, no less. Y'know, I really can't complain about this since it's my fault that I don't have a smart phone, but I really wish SE would pay more attention to dedicated gaming systems. I'm not saying that they need to stop making games on mobile platforms, but it would be better for everyone if they would stop making their mobile releases exclusive to mobile devices. I fear that we may see more remakes akin to FFIV:AY exclusively on mobile, and it's a sad thought to think that the classic games may be shunned from the mainstream gaming market.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • With all those FF HD remakes I'm seeing now, I wouldn't hesitate to shell all my money if they announced they'd remake FF4 or FF6 on the home consoles like the PS3.
    Ah the problem of making mobile releases exclusive to mobile platforms. That's sad though. And from what I heard there'll be a FF6 remake for iOS and Android and none for the other consoles ;-;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I'm still irked that they didn't give a damn about the 3DS and make FFV and and FFVI in the style of III and IV.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    To top it all off, while SE gives off these awful renditions of V and VI, they went and remade FFIV: After Years in the same style as FFIV DS. Now not to say After Years is a bad game, but SE have some weird priorities in that they remade After Years and not V and VI. (that or they just found an excuse to reuse the models of FFIV DS and call it a day.)
    huh what.

WHY DIDN'T I KNOW OF THIS. Where can I buy thi-

oh. mobile.

TY

Im gonna try out the game i hated so much... C&C 4: Tiberian Twilight... I got with with the full C&C collection so i didnt waste any money though... we shall see if its good or if my predictions are correct.

Might do a review of it aswell

EDIT: scratch all of that, this game isnt even worth trying. It went wrong in the opening cutscene already -_-

Last edited:

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • I'd really wish the 3ds would get more ports of older games. It's a powerful little system and can easily handle PS2-games. [The snake eater port for example, looks nearly as good as the HD PS3 version.]

Even if it was just PS1 games they ported i'd be happy.
    What I'd give to play FFVIII, Spyro, and Resident Evil 1/2 on my 3ds.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    [The snake eater port for example, looks nearly as good as the HD PS3 version.]
    Far from it.

The 3DS port is the worst way you could play MGS3. It's serviceable, but only if you don't mind aiming at pixels and a sub-20 frame rate per second. Only thing that makes it worth a playthrough is the addition of crouch-walking.

The Vita version is far better if you want to play MGS3 on the go.

That said, MGS3 is a pretty big game. If it was something on a smaller scale like Street Fighter 4 (a 360/PS3 game receiving a perfect port on the 3DS? My god!) then it can be done.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • Far from it.

The 3DS port is the worst way you could play MGS3. It's serviceable, but only if you don't mind aiming at pixels and a sub-20 frame rate per second. Only thing that makes it worth a playthrough is the addition of crouch-walking.

The Vita version is far better if you want to play MGS3 on the go.

That said, MGS3 is a pretty big game. If it was something on a smaller scale like Street Fighter 4 (a 360/PS3 game receiving a perfect port on the 3DS? My god!) then it can be done.

I meant graphically. I'll admit it doesn't play well.

I only used Snake Eater as an example of the size of game that the system can handle, I just want PS1 games on it. ;_;.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Well, even the PSP could handle the original PS1 games so I think the 3DS and Vita should be able to. For the 3DS, maybe they'd replace the analog sticks with some kind of tactile buttons idk. But it's technically possible.

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
  • pixlemon live stream!

hey guys i'm gonna be doing a pixlemon live stream on twitch if anyone is bored and wants to check it out. http://www.twitch.tv/towerizer

pixlemon is a mod for minecraft that brings the world of pokemon to minecraft, come check it out.

if this should be placed in a different area please move it and sorry for the wrong placement.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I don't think Sqaure Enix will last much longer with the Final Fantasy series. They have enough money rolling in from Dragon Quest 10 but it won't fund their mobile ports for ever. Didn't they get a new CEO whose main goal was MOBIEL GAEMING?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Well a good portion of their Western (and Eastern) market is Final Fantasy. They'd be taking a HUGE gamble by dropping it. And honestly, I'd be sad if I did; the games, both new and old, have potential.

...Not to mention that the next game is gonna be an Action RPG, and damn if that doesn't make me excited. LR's a faux ARPG, though it certainly doesn't qualify as one (though I'm still looking forward to it).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back