• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL/NCAA FOOTBALL FAN CLUB (#)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
  • NFL NCAA FOOTBALL FAN CLUB(#)
    View attachment 70796

HEY THIS IS FOR FOOTBALL LOVERS(not soccer)

PROFESSIONAL OR COLLEGE JUST GOOD OLD AMERICAN FOOTBALL
    This is a place where you can talk about the sport you love, your favorite team and pivotal games.

Next season I'd like to start the first annual pokemon community fantasy football league. Entrants will be limited sorry limited slots= limited ppl. I will pick entrants based of activity, interest, and overall knowledge of the game.

Rules:
    - Follow all global PokeCommunity rules
    - Always be respectful of others' opinions in club discussions
    - A club is a place we can chat while most of the time we'll talk about football don't be afraid to break up the convo into other things every now and than
    - Have fun!

Discussion Topics
    Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?
    What potential draft pick are you most interested in?

Member's List

Sorry this layout isn't super fancy like some others. Like my wresting thread this is football and I'm a guy no need to get all cute this is football.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • mmmmm, I must join! I'm sad the football season is ending, and I'm deprived from lack of college football. Oh well, there's also the draft coming soon, that I canNOT wait!~

I'm Megan, btw! I root for the Pittsburgh Steelers for the NFL, Florida Gators for College Football. I've been a fan of both teams since high school and I never changed teams since. because when I do, it kinda screws me up, ya know what I mean? I also support my local team, UCLA, which they did superior last season!

DENVER BRONCOS. I don't care if people think I'm rooting for them because of Manning. I believe with Manning on the team he's improved them greatly. This was a great accomplishment and whether they win or lose, they'll always remember that the Broncos made it this far. I'm sure this game would be pretty easy for them.

I'll check back with you on that, because I haven't seen who's going to enter the draft or not.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • Wow, it's hard to believe the season is almost over... Anyway, I'm a Carolina Panthers fan who bleeds black and blue. I've been a fan ever since the team was created which was 2 years after my birth. I don't really have a college team that I pull for since I haven't watched much college ball, but I plan to change that this year.

Either one, but leaning slightly towards Broncos. I've never seen a Super Bowl where I didn't really care who won, but this is one of those. Seahawks fans stand out in my eyes because they gave the Panthers credit and respect when most of the other fan bases didn't which would lead me to be happy for them if their team wins. With the Broncos, well, Peyton Manning thats all I need to say there.

Wide recivers! (Don't have specific names) Cam Newton really needs some offensive weapons to be able to have a great air attack which would open up the ground game. That would get the offense going on all cylinders and hopefully get it the the level of the defense, who is amazing!

Years
  • FOOTBALL!!! Yay! Too bad the season is almost at an end :(
    Super Bowl? I'm going for Peyton Manning. He is my quarterback. #1 defense vs #1 offense. This will be a good game! I have faith in my quarterback!
    Draft? I think Johnny football will go #1 over all. Although in my opinion I don't think he should. I think he's a second or third rounder at best, but with the lack of quarterbacks coming out.... Oh well. We'll see. GO BRONCOS AND PEYTON!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I see the three of us have the same opinion on the Broncos, it's Manning Manning Manning. xD

Ahh Johnny Manziel, one of my favorite College Football men. I honestly think he should stick around for one more year until making it to pro status imo, although I wouldn't be too surprised. xD

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • I see the three of us have the same opinion on the Broncos, it's Manning Manning Manning. xD

Ahh Johnny Manziel, one of my favorite College Football men. I honestly think he should stick around for one more year until making it to pro status imo, although I wouldn't be too surprised. xD

Good old Johnny Football. I agree with you there, I currently have trouble seeing which team he would be a good fit for. I don't know if another year would help with that but whoever gets him should build the entire offense around him.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • Time to show a different side of myself...

Seahawks. I've always had an undying hate of Peyton Manning. I think it's his forehead.

Johnny 'Football' Manziel. Such an exciting player and it'll be interesting to see how he handles off the field. I hope the Texans draft him instead of Bridgewater/Clowney (Bridgewater is good and not as exciting, Clowney was hype just from that one hit vs Michigan) because Houston isn't a bad team, they just had crappy QB play (Schaub and his pick 6 record... lol) and injuries to key players like Cushing and Foster, so I think it'll be a good place for Manziel to grow since they have a good run game with Foster/Tate and a good defense (when not injury riddled) so all the pressure won't be on him right away.

Haha. Bet you weren't expecting that, huh?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I wasn't expecting that at all xD But welcome nonetheless :3 Texans could really use a good QB like Manziel tbh. It's sad that there's so much lack of QBs out there right now.

People are still talking about that Clowney hit earlier last year? Y'all should be over that hype by now omg. xD

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    Check the username :D

Bottom line: It's going to be a tough game for Denver and Seattle come Sunday.
    I've been a fan of 'em since I can remember--always watching my dad root for them as a kid--not really understanding what the rage-outs and come-ons were all about, but now, I do. I'm still new since I've only been following (really following) professional football for about 3 years, hardcore this season.

Everyone knows it's coming down to this.

Offense vs. Defense.

Sure it can go either way and both teams have the capability to take it home, though, Seattle just doesn't look as focused as the Denver team does. As a whole they seem a lot more synchronized; defensively, offensively. Decker, both Demaryius and Julius Thomas, and Welker, have got to be on point Sunday. Seattle's game plan will be to get to Manning before he unleashes so what Denver needs to do it stop 'em for 2 secs, have the guys open up and for Manning to hit his mark. As long as Denver's defensive plays as tough as they did against New England they have in the bag.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Ello everyone! I'm Alex, and I'm one of those obnoxious Philadelphia fans :P I was pretty happy to see Nick Foles win Pro Bowl MVP. I was glad to see him win the QB job.

I'm rooting for the Seahawks because I like Russell Wilson, but I won't be too upset with the Broncos winning. I'm just disappointed that it ended up being Seattle and Denver because everybody predicted that when the playoffs started and I wanted at least a little bit of a twist, ya know?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Welcome Broncos and Alex! :3 We have a true Broncos fan here in the group, I wonder how excited he'll get if they win this Sunday. :D Also, it's okay if you're new to the fanbase, if you watch football, you shouldn't feel left out at all. :)

Also, today is MEDIA DAY for both teams. Anyone watching it/watched it on ESPN today, or following it online? They're still talking about Sherman's rant from last time, which imo, they should just move on by now. >_>

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Yeah and a lot of people keep calling him a thug, when honestly he is actually a pretty good guy and really smart. But yeah, they should just be moving on from it. Focus on the game ahead.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • Yeah, my irl persona requires me to keep up with these things, so I mind as well have a little fun while I'm at it.

They're still talking about Sherman's rant? It doesn't even matter, seriously.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Not only that, most of media day consisted of comparing both Manning and Sherman & how both of these QBs are going to impact the super bowl one way or another.

3728da51-4c84-4aa1-a18a-e52e6eb77d16.png

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • I think Russell will have some problems coming out of the gate due to the fact he hasn't been in a setting like this in his pro career. That's one of the areas where I think Manning will take advantage of the Seahawks because he knows almost exactly what to expect environment wise.

A fun little side note, I've actually talked to Russell for a few minutes when he played for the Asheville Tourists. Who knew he'd become a Super Bowl QB haha. :P

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • I think Russell will have some problems coming out of the gate due to the fact he hasn't been in a setting like this in his pro career. That's one of the areas where I think Manning will take advantage of the Seahawks because he knows almost exactly what to expect environment wise.

A fun little side note, I've actually talked to Russell for a few minutes when he played for the Asheville Tourists. Who knew he'd become a Super Bowl QB haha. :P

Sure, he may struggle a bit. But I don't think Manning will take advantage either because historically he hasn't done well in big games, his playoff record is under/only near .500 and he is 1 for 2 Super Bowls, and the Super Bowl he won was against the Rex Grossman-quarterbacked Bears... that and he has historically played less than stellar in cold/outdoor games... sure he plays in Denver now but if you look at the stats they all drop outside of a dome or in cold weather.

Just my 2 cents.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • Sure, he may struggle a bit. But I don't think Manning will take advantage either because historically he hasn't done well in big games, his playoff record is under/only near .500 and he is 1 for 2 Super Bowls, and the Super Bowl he won was against the Rex Grossman-quarterbacked Bears... that and he has historically played less than stellar in cold/outdoor games... sure he plays in Denver now but if you look at the stats they all drop outside of a dome or in cold weather.

Just my 2 cents.

That's true and I agree with you about the big games, but something important to remember is that in those playoff games there was only one where he was completely shut out. All of the others he kept the team within one possession to win. If he can avoid turnovers that cost him in some of those games, he is going to be tough to stop.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • That's true and I agree with you about the big games, but something important to remember is that in those playoff games there was only one where he was completely shut out. All of the others he kept the team within one possession to win. If he can avoid turnovers that cost him in some of those games, he is going to be tough to stop.

I think Seattle has the perfect formula to stop our large foreheaded friend in his tracks. A great secondary to limit his passes, and a run-heavy offense (BEAST MODE Marshawn Lynch) to dominate time of possession to make sure Manning spends the majority of his time sulking on the bench rather than having his offense on the field.

The only issue I see with the Seahawks is if they do by some chance end up giving the Broncos a couple touchdowns, will they be able to score enough. Percy Harvin returning may help that by providing a decent threat recieving (let's face it, Golden Tate and whoever else they have aren't the greatest recieving corps out there) and relieving some pressure from other receivers, and using his speed to dart around to extend plays in conjunction with Russell Wilson's play extending ability.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • I think Seattle has the perfect formula to stop our large foreheaded friend in his tracks. A great secondary to limit his passes, and a run-heavy offense (BEAST MODE Marshawn Lynch) to dominate time of possession to make sure Manning spends the majority of his time sulking on the bench rather than having his offense on the field.

The only issue I see with the Seahawks is if they do by some chance end up giving the Broncos a couple touchdowns, will they be able to score enough. Percy Harvin returning may help that by providing a decent threat recieving (let's face it, Golden Tate and whoever else they have aren't the greatest recieving corps out there) and relieving some pressure from other receivers, and using his speed to dart around to extend plays in conjunction with Russell Wilson's play extending ability.

Like you said, the Hawks' defense is certainly capable of stopping Manning, but if they don't I don't think the Seahawks' offense won't be able to keep up that well. This may seem odd I guess, but the Seahawks are very similar to the Carolina Panthers. Strong, stingy defense but an offense that can stall horribly at times. If they get into a slump and the Broncos offense comes out strong, Seattle's defense will wear down fast by the 3rd quarter as I have seen with Carolina. So they will have to come out as strong as they can and not let up at any moment, because with an On/Off offense you'll never know if you'll have another shot.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • Like you said, the Hawks' defense is certainly capable of stopping Manning, but if they don't I don't think the Seahawks' offense won't be able to keep up that well. This may seem odd I guess, but the Seahawks are very similar to the Carolina Panthers. Strong, stingy defense but an offense that can stall horribly at times. If they get into a slump and the Broncos offense comes out strong, Seattle's defense will wear down fast by the 3rd quarter as I have seen with Carolina. So they will have to come out as strong as they can and not let up at any moment, because with an On/Off offense you'll never know if you'll have another shot.

I agree.

Seattle's defense stays good all game and locks down Manning = Seahawks win

Seattle's defense doesn't hold Denver's offense = Denver wins

Unless Seattle's offense gets really, really good all of a sudden, then who knows xD

Fun fact: Last team to have a QB to break the single season pass TD record = 2007 Spygate era Patriots with Tom Brady. We all know how the Super Bowl ended up for them xD

Go Hawks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back