• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
ok i made two versions of furnary. which one do you guys want?
v1:
sfsfrs.png
v2:
funary.png

The one with the Fire Wings is better imo.
You should also work on the shape of the body, and maybe alter the head since it's too simillar to the first stage.
Give it some feature that makes it different e.g. Pidgey -> Pidgeotto gets a purple helmet thing. Or Spearow -> Fearow has a long beak and slender neck.

Maybe make the head bigger and body smaller?
Also work on way the wings are meant to be posed.

So far the concept seems good, just work on it. ^^

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
iaza15231995047100.png

Shiny
iaza15231989140300.png

Name: Potripus
Class: Octopus Pokemon
Type: Water
PokeDex: Potripus secrete an adhesive substance to anchor themselves inside
of pottery, allowing them to both ambush prey and hide from predators.

Description: A small octopus hiding in a takotsubo (Japanese octopus-catching pot) with a
few arms protruding from the pot's mouth, and an eye looking out through a cracked hole.
Concept/Sprite: Chesu/

which looks better?

I like the name Croktapus better, as it's in a pot, and crock pots are used to cook etc...

[EDIT]Dang didn't see scarf's version...I'll just work on the evolved form, the list in the 1st post really needs to be updated...[/edit]

[DOUBLE EDIT]
iaza19739410397600.png

Last edited:
Years
Darn you and your better-than-my-sprite sprite. This one should replace my attempt.

So I've got a smaller hummingbird (I'm calling it 'Kolibud') to add as well as some changes to other sprites. Hopefully they're good changes. The red dinosaur now has racing stripes - everyone knows stripes make things go faster - and a tail like a spoiler. The flamingo has some awful bandages or something on its legs now because I couldn't come up with anything better. D:

mtv8ee.png
2q2iv5y.png
flaqfa.png

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
@Metalflygon
Wow, that's some great stuff! I especially like the evolution, looks really intimidating! ^.^

@Scarf
Love Kolibud. The Dino also looks great. As for the flamingo, I like it, but I don't like the bandages, it looks somewhat - weird. xD

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Wow, the octupuses/octopi/octopeople look real awesome.

I like kolibud, and [strike]dino-dude[/strike] the dino looks swell, but the bandages on flamincula look akward. Like it's actually covering the legs itself, giving flamincula a sense of 'the inability to balance'. If you want bandages, maybe you could wrap mummy bandages on the shin, all the way to the ankle.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I liked the sound of:
Name: Tanlare
Etymology: Tangle/Tentacle and Scare/Glare
Type/s: Water/Dark
Pokédex entry: It lives at the bottom of the sea. When someone comes up, it jumps on it and tries to bite it.
Ablility/ies: Intimidate or Pressure
Description: A blue theatral mask with huge fangs,big mouth and dull,black eyes. It has holes in its body,and green tentacles grow out them.
Concept: xoax

Theatrical masks made me think of the comedy/tradegy masks, so I started doing this:

tanlare.png

(Obviously WIP)

I haven't done a lot of spriting before so I thought it might be best to get some opinions on what I have already, before going further.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Hmm, looks good, except the teeth are off, and the bottom left corner of the mask is amgled wrong.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
iaza19739440344700.gif

changed the tentacle placement.

I also think Octopot would be a better name for the first stage.

Last edited:

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
Years
picture.php

(I reuploaded it in Pokecommunity. For some resaons, imageshack somehow didn't work :O)

Name: Furnary
Class: Burning Pokemon
Type: Flying/Fire
PokeDex: Furnary live in barren, rocky regions and never migrate, as in the past
this has lead to the ignition of swamp gasses and the burning of dry plains.

Description: A large fiery bird. (evolution of Kilnary)
Concept/Sprite: Chesu/

I wanna give it a try ;)
It was a good practice as I never really drew birds :)
Criticisms appreciated~

Last edited:

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
sorry i had already made furnary and it was kinda excepted we just need to work on it.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I also think Octopot would be a better name for the first stage.

Aside from being a little too obvious, I wanted to steer away from "oct" names because of Octillery; that's why I focused on "pus" names. I really like what you did with the sprites; it's rare to see Pokemon that look legitimately dangerous. Why is there a loose pot in the arm next to the beak, though?

Also, octopus don't have tentacles. :P

Last edited:

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
I kind of like Poke-A-Dialga's Furnary more. The wings and tail need some work, and it's a little chubby, but it's less plain. That's just my opinion.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
I noticed a suggestion list mentioned SnapDragons, and I know we arn't supposed to submit new Ideas atm but...

iaza19739449181900.gif

a clever take on a snapdragon design puns on snap, dragon, plants, and the flower.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
For the furnary, i'd vote for poke_a_dialga, though it needs to be curved at the wings.

Also, I already did a tanlare, so mebbe we could vote me and dreamer?

Years
I knew my flamingo had problems. I don't have a new sprite for it, but I'm working on it.

If we're voting then I'll vote for metalflygon's octopus since it's already got an evolution that matches it in style and it looks more polished than mine.

Years
Metalflygon's sprites could use a highlight or two, but that's not a problem. I'm putting my vote on Metalflygon's Octopot, although I do love the colours in Scarf's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back