• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well I was considering taking on those ideas, but that attitude is not cool.

So.. Chicari. I took a stab at it.

Chicaricopy.png

Thoughts?
It looks a little like the bigger eye is looking forward and the smaller eye it looking upward. The outline on the top half of the fluffy part seems a little too light. And I'm not sure I like the particular shades of blue you used for the wings and body. The wings just seem heavy with such a dark shade. Still, it's got the cute factor, though maybe the beak could be reworked to make it a little rounded, sort of like:
Spr_5b_333.png

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Well I was considering taking on those ideas, but that attitude is not cool.

So.. Chicari. I took a stab at it.
Chicaricopy.png
Chicari! ^__^
It looks so cute! <3 The design is perfect, and it's exactly what i meant.
Like almost everyone said, i just think you could improve the eyes and some other parts a bit, but otherwise it's great. Also, i think the feathers could be just a bit lighter.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Name: Tanlare
Etymology: Tangle/Tentacle and Scare/Glare
Type/s: Water/Dark
Pokédex entry: It lives at the bottom of the sea. When someone comes up, it jumps on it and tries to bite it.
Ablility/ies: Intimidate or Pressure
Description: A blue theatral mask with huge fangs,big mouth and dull,black eyes. It has holes in its body,and green tentacles grow out them.
Concept/Spriter: xoax/nimblethumbs

Alright, I did a quicky WIP on that, because I couldn't get the tentacles right. Maybe someone else can. So.. WIP...

307nbco.png

Yes, it looks wierd.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
im submiting this
sfsfrs.png

Name: Furnary
Class: Burning Pokemon
Type: Flying/Fire
PokeDex: Furnary live in barren, rocky regions and never migrate, as in the past
this has lead to the ignition of swamp gasses and the burning of dry plains.

Description: A large fiery bird. (evolution of Kilnary)
Concept/Sprite: Chesu/

~Wind~

Detective
Years
I think you should light its wings on fire, to emphasize the fire typing.
Also, it would look cool.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
The feet need to contrast with the body. Maybe make it yellow?

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
The body looks a little odd to me. And the wings look kind of flat. Maybe use Pidgeotto as a reference?

I reworked Chicari a bit. Does it look better?

Chicari2copy.png

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Good, you used the shading tip. See what i mean? But now it looks like a robot :/. Work on the beak, its to fat, and the eyes seem to lack... Life.

Years
..The eyes look way better than before in my opinion. The whole sprite has improved nicely, but I think the only problem now is the wing on the right looks a bit jagged and detached. Are the wings suppose to function like arms and hands like Pidgeot or is it similar to Salamence's wings?

Years
The body looks a little odd to me. And the wings look kind of flat. Maybe use Pidgeotto as a reference?

I reworked Chicari a bit. Does it look better?

Chicari2copy.png
Eyes like those really go well with the the whole size, shape and color of the head. Maybe the body looks odd because it runs right into the head without much separation or it doesn't have much in common with a 'normal' bird shape.

blackmoonflower

Years
._.

@ Nimblethumbs: The beak was fashioned similar to that of Swablu's. And I used Yooteri as a reference for the eyes.

I wasn't really sure how to attach wings to something made of clouds. The original concept description wasn't specific in that regard, but I did try to place them in a somewhat realistic manner (well, as realistic as you can get with a bird made of clouds. Also, I think I realized I suck at wings ._.'). I was assuming this was a bird that can just float and the wings are for show. That's what I envisioned, anyway. xoax will have to clear that part up for me.

And I suppose that's why Scarf thinks the body looks funny, since I just made it look like one big cloud with only a (very) vague shape of a bird body.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
I was assuming this was a bird that can just float and the wings are for show. That's what I envisioned, anyway. xoax will have to clear that part up for me.
The bird floats somehow like Celebi, so you're right. I guess i went a bit too simple with the description.
I think it looks very good and balanced now, but i agree that the left wing looks like it wasn't angled properly.

blackmoonflower

Years
xoax stated in the description that the eyes are supposed to be green.

Description: A chick made of blue clouds. It has large,green eyes,a small beak,and stubby legs. It has a cute, innocent expression. It also has blue angel wings.

And it is now official. I hate wings. -_____-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back