• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
Years
  • Wow! Back from a long hiatus.
    Haven't updated my findings here in awhile so I'll start now~

I bought yet another copy of Pokemon X because I didn't feel like restarting my other ORAS/XY files for soft resetting starters/legendaries/etc.

ANYWHO. I managed to soft reset myself a Shiny Fennekin!
    Spoiler:

It only took a few hours total, but it was totally worth it.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Wow! Back from a long hiatus.

I bought yet another copy of Pokemon X because I didn't feel like restarting my other ORAS/XY files for soft resetting starters/legendaries/etc.

Spoiler:

Nice shiny Fenic is awesome in that blue! So far no luck with my shiny Ekans but I have only hatched like the first 5 eggs. They all have intimidate and adamant though so to WT I go!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Wow! Back from a long hiatus.

Congrats! That is a cool one to have!

So far no luck with my shiny Ekans but I have only hatched like the first 5 eggs. They all have intimidate and adamant though so to WT I go!

Glad my (sisters) ekans is being put to use :)

So last night my drought has finally ended. I have hatched a shiny beldum, 4iv.

Nice! And they have a high step count so must have been slow going!

Anyway, managed to snag my 5th legendary for the month:

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Some nice Shinys everyone has been finding. :)

My new Shinys

Alpha Sapphire - Helena

Shiny Male Barboach (Moby) - Found by Chain Fishing in Mt Meteor. Now a Shiny Whiscash. Not a great Shiny in truth but one for the Dex.

X - Stephanie

Two Male Remoraid - Found whilst looking for Clamperl near Shalour City.

Shiny Male Gulpin (Jacques) - Found by DexNaving Skiddo. I ran into the wrong part of Grass breaking my chain but the little blue blob was waiting there. Caught with a Great Ball and now a Swalot. I really like the colouring here. Great Shiny. :)

Years
  • Yay!

Also caught another Wailmer which I'm going to evolve into Wailord and a Carvanah. I wanted a shiny Sharpedo because they look really cool but was actually shocked when shiny Carvanah appeared, must not have seen one before because wasn't expecting those colours!

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • Yay!

Also caught another Wailmer which I'm going to evolve into Wailord and a Carvanah. I wanted a shiny Sharpedo because they look really cool but was actually shocked when shiny Carvanah appeared, must not have seen one before because wasn't expecting those colours!

Nice! I never seem to have any luck with finding shinies in hordes. I seem to have more luck with SR's and breeding. xD

Some nice Shinys everyone has been finding. :)

My new Shinys

Alpha Sapphire - Helena

Shiny Male Barboach (Moby) - Found by Chain Fishing in Mt Meteor. Now a Shiny Whiscash. Not a great Shiny in truth but one for the Dex.

X - Stephanie

Two Male Remoraid - Found whilst looking for Clamperl near Shalour City.

Shiny Male Gulpin (Jacques) - Found by DexNaving Skiddo. I ran into the wrong part of Grass breaking my chain but the little blue blob was waiting there. Caught with a Great Ball and now a Swalot. I really like the colouring here. Great Shiny. :)

Wow! Your luck with the Gulpin sure made up for the chain breaking, lol.
    I reaally like the blue on Swalot for some reason. :o

Congrats! That is a cool one to have!

Glad my (sisters) ekans is being put to use :)

Nice! And they have a high step count so must have been slow going!

Anyway, managed to snag my 5th legendary for the month:

Spoiler:

Thanks! I've always wanted to be able to get a shiny starter in X/Y since I've never actually tried.
    And also congrats on your Heatran!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Congratulations on your first horde Shiny. Spinda is a very unique Shiny to have due to the numerous Spot variations.

Pokémon with Gender differences (Such as Milotic and Cacturne) are also good for that reason but not as unique as Spinda.

Carvanha is indeed a much different Shiny to his original colour scheme. His evolved form Sharpedo (I have 2 Shiny Males) is one of the few Pokemon that can pull off Magenta. :)

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Congratulations on your Shiny Starter. I have a Shiny Fennekin but mine was from a trade.

My reaction to Shiny Gulpin was unusual...

Ah, It's Gulpin...wait it's blue. Yay!

Shiny Swalot is indeed a nice Shiny it reminds me of the blue Ghost from Pac-Man.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Some nice Shinys everyone has been finding. :)

My new Shinys

Spoiler:

Congrats, some cool ones there!

Yay!

Spoiler:

Nice, I really like my spinda :)

So I went back through my Y and realised that I could use 2 Wingulls and a Weepinbell I got from hordes earlier this year towards the yearly quest. Not sure why I thought they were last year, but that's OK.

That leaves me 2 more required for the yearly quest - another bug and a 3 stage water. So I was rushing through the Delta Episode and surfing to Rayquaza and BOOM - shiny tentacool! Pretty happy, though a 3 stager would have been even better :)

So now, going to try and Masuda the last 2 I need - a Caterpie and a Maril are what I am going for!

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I tried DexNaving for a Shiny Petilil on one of the Mirage Islands.

I had two lengthy streaks of about 70 and one of about 140. No Shiny. I took a break...

Then went back looking for a Petilil with Egg Move Healing Wish. 2 Dexnav Encounters in and a search level of 216:
    Spr_6x_548_s.png

I named her Jessica (After my Unova Grass Monotype Petilil). She has a Jolly Nature. I have evolved her into a Lilligant, maxed her Affection Stat and have won all the Hoenn Contests with her.

I now have my favourite Grass-type in Shiny Form. :)

Next Hunt - Cottonee in Alpha Sapphire

Years
  • I tried DexNaving for a Shiny Petilil on one of the Mirage Islands.

I had two lengthy streaks of about 70 and one of about 140. No Shiny. I took a break...

Then went back looking for a Petilil with Egg Move Healing Wish. 2 Dexnav Encounters in and a search level of 216:
    Spr_6x_548_s.png

I named her Jessica (After my Unova Grass Monotype Petilil). She has a Jolly Nature. I have evolved her into a Lilligant, maxed her Affection Stat and have won all the Hoenn Contests with her.

I now have my favourite Grass-type in Shiny Form. :)

Next Hunt - Cottonee in Alpha Sapphire

That's awesome! It's so nice when you get a Pokemon that's really special to you!

Congrats, some cool ones there!

Nice, I really like my spinda :)

So I went back through my Y and realised that I could use 2 Wingulls and a Weepinbell I got from hordes earlier this year towards the yearly quest. Not sure why I thought they were last year, but that's OK.

That leaves me 2 more required for the yearly quest - another bug and a 3 stage water. So I was rushing through the Delta Episode and surfing to Rayquaza and BOOM - shiny tentacool! Pretty happy, though a 3 stager would have been even better :)

So now, going to try and Masuda the last 2 I need - a Caterpie and a Maril are what I am going for!

Spoiler:

Wow, shiny Tentacool looks really good! White's pretty rare isn't it?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spr_5b_546_s.png

Yes! Yes! Yes!

It took 426 encounters to get this one and a current streak of around 130.

She is Level 12 with a Naive nature and Prankster ability. I have named her Belle as the Evolved form Whimsicott reminds me of a Southern Belle. :)

I really like the way this Shiny looks the orange and green go together really well. I plan to evolve it into Whimsicott once it has learnt the required moves and I find a Sun Stone.

I plan to use her in Contests.

Next Hunt - Misdreavus on Route 114.

Years
  • Spr_5b_546_s.png

Yes! Yes! Yes!

It took 426 encounters to get this one and a current streak of around 130.

She is Level 12 with a Naive nature and Prankster ability. I have named her Belle as the Evolved form Whimsicott reminds me of a Southern Belle. :)

I really like the way this Shiny looks the orange and green go together really well. I plan to evolve it into Whimsicott once it has learnt the required moves and I find a Sun Stone.

I plan to use her in Contests.

Next Hunt - Misdreavus on Route 114.

That is awesome! I'm currently breeding Eevees to practice breeding and hoping that one of them will turn out shiny

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Wow, shiny Tentacool looks really good! White's pretty rare isn't it?

To me it looks more lilac, but an uncommon color regardless. Not sure if I want to evolve it or not....

Spr_5b_546_s.png

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Congrats, and good luck with your next hunt!

With my 2 Masuda hunts, I was a little surprised that Maril popped up on egg #91 (though I did a LOT of Maril eggs back in May, so if you count those it took a little longer :

Spoiler:

And while I was continuing on OR with the Caterpie hunt, on AS I was wondertrading off my marils and someone sent me this (presumably hacked) shiny with an interesting name...

Spoiler:

So I don't think I can count the wurmple for the yearly quest, but that's fine as I don't want to anyway. Just 1 more to go until my region is complete!:
    Spoiler:

That is awesome! I'm currently breeding Eevees to practice breeding and hoping that one of them will turn out shiny

Big question is: if you do get a shiny one, which eevelution do you go for? Or leave it as is?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spr_6x_200_s.png

Got it! :)

Got her on a Dexnav encounter level of 176 with a streak of about 50. Caught her in a Critical Capture Quick Ball.

I have named her Esmeralda. She has a Hardy Nature and Curse.

During the chain I was encountering far more male Misdreavus than female. I am very pleased to get a female as for me Misdreavus is a feminine looking Pokemon.

I love the Green and Orange on this Shiny. I am not sure of the Green Shade on Mismagius' shiny. I may leave Esmeralda as a Misdreavus.

I now have my favourite Ghost Type in Shiny Form.

Next Hunt - Buneary in The Safari Zone.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Got it! :)

Nice job! Can't say I have ever seen a shiny one of those, an interesting color for sure!

In other news, managed to snag the Caterpie on egg 155:

Spoiler:

It actually looks quite nice, might leave it as a caterpie I think. But that also means I have finished the yearly quest :) WOOT WOOT!

Spoiler:

:13::5::3::15::chu:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spr_6x_427_s.png

Yay!

This one took a while to get. First I had a Chain of around 450 encounters and random odds being random no Shiny.

Then I had a Chain of exactly 100 and on the 100th encounter at a search level of 535... Shiny Buneary.

She is female (Yay for Gender luck), Level 59 with a Naive nature and Fake Tears Egg Move. I plan to use her in Contests as she learns Healing Wish as a Level Up. When she evolves I will use the Lopunnite.

The Buneary line is a Shiny I have wanted for a while now and it is a bonus she is female.

Other Shinies

Shiny Male Cottonee - From the GTS for a Tornadus. A great Shiny and nice to have a second Shiny Cottonee.

Shiny Female Espeon - From a Wondertrade Giveaway. I like the Green Colour here. Reminds me of Carbuncle from the Final Fantasy Games.

Shiny Male Skitty - For a random Delibird on the GTS. The Red colouring is nice but I plan to evolve him into Delcatty which is an excellent Shiny.

Shiny Female Delibird - From a giveaway on this very forum. The Purple colour works really well here. :)

Next Hunt - Lotad on Route 102.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 3050 Route 116 encounters

I've entered Challenger's Cave in Black to begin hunting for shiny Sableye, although I expect this to take a while, what with the 1/81920 chance and all! {XD}

Huge congrats to Paulthagerous, CharmedGardy, and Spoonacross for, like, a gazillion shinies over the past month!!! You guys have really been tearing up the shiny trail - way to go!

It's now December, the best month of the year! You know what that means...

The December Monthly Quest: The Frozen Tundra!!

To complete this Quest, you must find three shinies:

1) An Ice-type shiny!
    2) A Grass-type shiny!
    3) A Normal-type shiny!

Completing this Quest within the time allotted will give your region official recognition of having a slippery Frozen Tundra!!!!!!! The Frozen Tundra is even outfitted with an elevator to reach the lower Frozen Tundra depths, and a Normal-type Pokemon is hiding in the elevator!

Complete this Quest to make your region really cool! ^_^

Chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

The contest lasts until midnight EST on January 7th, 2016.

Good luck and have fun!

Welcome to the SHC! Congrats on those shinies and I hope you find many more! :)

Wow! Back from a long hiatus.

Spoiler:

Welcome back! I had no idea Shiny Fennekin looked so awesome! And I totally understand the effort going into SRing one. I have over 4000 SRs for Froakie, and those things take forever!!!! Each SR feels like so many minutes, so finally getting one is a huge accomplishment. Congrats!

So last night my drought has finally ended. I have hatched a shiny beldum, 4iv.

Whooo, congrats!

Good luck! Are you going to use Everstones to breed down the Natures you want, or are you going to surprise yourself with getting a random Nature?

I plan to use her in Contests as she learns Healing Wish as a Level Up.

Using shinies in contests is a really good idea! I hadn't thought of that, but imagine the looks on the faces of the crowd when they see an amazing shiny show up on stage! :pink_disbelief:

I have finished the yearly quest :) WOOT WOOT!

Spoiler:

:13::5::3::15::chu:

Dude, that's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Way to go - you're truly an incredible shiny hunter - a legend in our midst! You've completed the Yearly Quest with a whole month to spare!!

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas about next year's Quests, feel free to post here in the thread for discussion or message me! Did you guys like the tier system? Were the Monthly Quests good targets, or was getting three shinies in a month too much/too little? Feel free to let me know what you felt and we can talk about improving the format for next year if anyone has any suggestions or changes they'd like to see!

Last edited:
    Back