• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
This thread is for the RP posts.
Please refer to here: for SU and OOC thread.

Focus Shift [PG +16]

"I let my focus shift, that's all there is to it. Now you try."
Plot:

Up until now I, no, we have been in the dark about what we really are, what we were created for, and what we were to become. At this pivotal point in time everything has been made clear and I am kicking myself for not realising this earlier. Our job would have been far easier if we had taken the time to understand our own histories. But, nonetheless we have failed; scattered far and wide as the growing darkness spreads further. I can only hope that we have enough time left to stop this before the world ends, I already fear it might be too late.

Newton's law of physics states that "every action has an equal and opposite reaction." We see this happening right before our eyes day after day; it is even scattered and cemented within history. The story goes that when Arceus hatched from the golden egg, he stabilised the world, he created beings in his image, and we knows these as Pokémon. Newton's law dictated a reaction and we humans were born into this world.

On the other hand, a differing force was created, one that was both equal in power and opposite in form to Arceus and all of his creation. Dubbed numerous names now lost in the pages of history, this force conflicted with that of Arceus and soon all of creation was close to being wiped out.

Then, in a brilliant spark of tactical ingenuity, Arceus created beings that were human in appearance, but with only half a soul inside them – these were the first shifters. A reaction occurred and Catalysts were created, Pokémon with half a soul from the anti-force. These two beings were prefect mirrors of each other, bonded by halved souls and blessed with special abilities.

These initial Shifters and Catalysts banded together and saved the world from total obliteration. They locked the opposing force in a place where nothing could go, in a place where nothing could look; This place was the Aether Realm.

Now the bonds that once shackled this force have broken and its cage cracked, allowing for it to begin again. What it had initially set out to do those many years ago may actually come to fruition, yet many years have passed since the first ones defeated it, they no longer live and much has changed.

So join me now my brothers and sisters, my fellow Shifters, heed my Call. Our time to fight is fast approaching and there is much we must do. Maybe we are the ones that will finish what the first ones set out to do, and hopefully before it is too late.

Rules:
• All Pokecommunity RP Forum rules apply to this RP.
• Being active is a big part of it; no activity = dead RP.
• Descriptive passages makes for better reading. This includes length; nothing is too long.
• Proper structure is a must; again it makes for better reading.
• Bunnying or Godmodding or anything like that not permitted unless the other person has agreed and I am notified.
• Remember this is my RP, if you are inactive without reason for a long period of time, you will be booted out. The same goes for disregarding of the rules. I am God of this RP.
• Following on, inactivity of more than one week without notification will result in dismissal; however you may be welcomed back if you have a good excuse.

Terms:

Catalyst:
Only select species of Pokémon have the chance to be a catalyst and even within those species, it is very rare for a Catalyst to exist. Like their Human counterparts, Catalysts cannot shift between the Contemporary Realm and the Aether Realm but it is heavily suspected that they live in both Realms simultaneously. They essentially act as the fulcrum for their Human counterparts to both enter and exit the Aether Realm. Catalyst are said to be the 'other half' of a Shifter's soul, and as such it is by this connection that Shifters and Catalysts can find each other. Catalysts are often very loyal and very protective of their Shifter and will do anything to protect them. Catalysts are usually born at the same time as their Shifter but sometimes no more than one day before or after.

Shifting:
This is the act where a select person (called a Shifter) uses his/her Pokémon (called a Catalyst) as a fulcrum to essentially shift from the Contemporary Realm into the Aether Realm and back. When shifting, a Shifter's consciousness is moved from the Contemporary Realm where it would otherwise permanently exist, to the Aether Realm. In the Aether Realm, normal people are seen as ghostly images, speculated as 'souls' whilst a Shifter sees their body and other Shifters' bodies as what they would be like in the Contemporary Realm. Shifting is seen as the only way (currently) to get from one realm to the other, excluding the portal to the Distortion World in Turnback Cave, Sinnoh.

Shifters:
Shifters are people, who with the help of a Pokémon know as a "Catalyst", can shift between the Contemporary Realm and the Aether Realm. They are very rare and make up less than 1% of the world's total population. Shifters usually become aware of their powers at the age of fifteen, and this usually involves a shift into the Aether Realm with their Catalyst. Sifters are usually born at the same time as their Catalyst but no more than one day before or after. Unlike Catalysts, Shifters only exist in the one realm, using their shifting abilities to jump from one realm to the other.

Calling/The Call:
The Call; or the act of Calling is the instance where a Shifter sends a message through the Aether Realm to other Shifters out there. The Call can be received in the Aether Realm and in the Contemporary Realm but can only be sent from the Aether Realm. If not directed specifically to someone (by visualising them with the Shifters mind whilst sending them call), it ends up spreading throughout the Aether Realm (much like ripples on a lake when a stone is dropped in the water). Catalysts are usually the ones who catch the signal transmission due to their simultaneous existence in both realms, and act as transceivers; catching the signal of the call and transmitting it to their human through the bond that they share. This transmitting is usually done through both Catalyst and Shifter locking eyes. The Call can come in different forms; for most it is a series of images relating to the message, but for some individuals I can be different.

Places:

Aether Realm:
This realm exists close to our conscious Contemporary Realm. It mostly exists as a grey, hazy world where buildings and nature become transparent and shimmering, ghostly images of people and Pokémon appear; this is speculated to be their Spirit, hence the name of the realm. There is no weather in the Aether Realm, this includes wind. Pokémon known as Catalysts are said to live in both the Contemporary Realm and Aether Realm simultaneous but this too is highly speculated. When moving from the Human Realm to the Aether Realm, Shifters take their bodies with them meaning that when they Shift out of the Aether Realm into the Human Realm, they effectively teleport somewhere else. There is no sound in the Aether Realm however it has been noted that both Pokémon and humans can talk in this realm through some sort of telekinesis. It has been speculated that in some cases, people have been able to converse with their Pokémon, however there is no evidence to back this theory up. It is sometimes confused with the Distortion World of Giratina, due to its oddly different environment, but it is something completely different.

Contemporary Realm:
The realm that we see around us; this realm holds our consciousness' as well as our physical bodies. Here is where humanity and Pokémon have flourished and lived. Most people here are not able to shift between the realms; possibly even less than 1% of the world's population can 'shift' into other dimensions or possesses knowledge of other existing dimensions. The Contemporary Realm is where our physical bodies exist, where as the Aether Realm is said to be where our 'souls' exist, moving in relation to where our physical bodies move. When travelling to the Aether Realm, a Shifter's body is thought to go into some sort of 'Limbo", waiting for the Shifter to reappear which is effectively teleportation.

SU's:
*Shifter:
>Name: (Full name please)
>Age: (Between 15 and 21)
>Gender: (Male/Female)
>Appearance:
Physical: 1+ paragraph (What their basic features are: hair, weight, height, ethnicity, etc.)
Clothing: 1+ paragraph (What do they wear on most occasions?)
>Personality: 2+ paragraphs (how they act, what they are like, etc.)
>History: 2+ paragraphs (Just remember, this is what has happened up until now.)
>RP Sample: (Anything goes; I just want to see your skills.)

*Catalyst:
>Name: (entirely optional)
>Gender: (Male/Female)
>Species: (Choose one: Espeon/ Umbreon/ Houndoom/ Mightyena/ Reparados)
>Personality: 1+ paragraph (just a quick paragraph on what they are like, how they act, etc.)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Pitch's nose sniffed at the wind as it blew through the clearing. She sat stiffly beside Anthony who lay in the waving grass. She growled as a small herd of Stantler galloped peacefully through the otherside of the clearing.

"Settle Pitch, its fine," Anthony spoke, his eyes still closed.

Pitch lay down when Anthony had finished, rubbing her nose into his open palm. That was when Anthony felt the cold wave wash over him, the goosebumps still appearing despite the many times he had felt it. The feeling still gave him the creeps. When Anthony opened his eyes, the meadow was replaced with a grey world, the trees mere shadows of their former selves.

"So Pitch, its time?" Anthony asked.

Pitch nodded her head then gazed up to look at Anthony, staring him right in the eyes.

To my fellow Shifters, my name is Anthony Stagg. I have need of your help. The destination of our meeting is Mirage Island, Hoenn. Come quick.

Anthony felt the words transfer from himself and into Pitch, the words then rediating out from Pitch's body. Once done, Anthony nodded to Pitch. Warmth began to spread around Anthony's body, the world around him gaining detail and colour. He gazed up and bathed himself in the warmth of the sun. Nothing ws more welcoming.

Anthony grabbed his bag that sat on the ground beside them, slinging it over his shoulder. "Come on Pitch, let's go," he said to the Houndoom. "Doom!" she replied.

One boat trip later, Anthony and Pitch had made their way from Slateport City to Pacifidlog Town. The ride had been uneventful, but Pitch had been keeping a look out for anything that could hurt her Trainer while Anthony kept his eye out for anyone that displayed any signs of being a Shifter. Neither had found what they were looking for leaving Anthony a little bit disappointed.

Once they had landed, Anthong set off with Pitch in tow until they came to a place where no one could see them. With a single touch, Anthong again felt the world go cold and drab as he shifted in to the Aether Realm. Again, everything became grey and semitransparent except for a spec in the distance.

"There it is, Pitch," Anthony said without opening his mouth, "Mirage Island. Our Destiny."
With Pitch in tow the two set off, walking on the flat, grey terrain that covered this Realm. Upon arrival at Mirage Island, Anthony touched Pitch once more and felt the world re-colour itself. Coming out, Anthony flopped down on the grass and closed his eyes. Pitch sat down beside him, keeping alert for any visitors.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Ceri screwed up his face as he watched Harley sleep on the dirty floor of Burnt Tower. She slept on her side, face in dirt and pencil in hand. She had probably been asleep for at least half an hour, maybe more. Last night was a long one as she had spent most of the time with Tarth, Ceri and Appa travelling back from Olivine. Although the trip could have been a safe one, Ceri insisted on taking a more grassier path and they ran into a few foes, but nothing the four of them couldn't handle. They returned home at 3am, exhausted. Obviously though, Harley had not slept enough.

She jolted awake, snapping up to a sitting position and looking around hastily. Ceri stepped back a little, worried. Their eyes locked and they both transported to the saturated world that Harley called her dream world. A voice echoed through theirs ears.

"
To my fellow Shifters, my name is Anthony Stagg. I have need of your help. The destination of our meeting is Mirage Island, Hoenn. Come quick."

The dream faded and they were back to the real world. Harley looked around, feeling around for her bag and book. As soon as they were found, she stood up and brushed herself off.

"A shifter? Is that... what I am? What we are?" she flicked the bag around her shoulder, her other Pokéballs clinking loudly. She stood there a few seconds, inthought. This feeling... she couldn't shake it. Even though she didn't know who Anthony Stagg was or where Mirage Island was, she could not even ignore the message. Her body felt like it was being physically pulled somewhere else. She motioned to Ceri and left the tower.

"Do you know where Mirage Island is?"

Harley had made the long journey to Hoenn. By boat she had made it to
Slateport City and then took a Rapidash Taxi to Lilycove City and then had taken a Fearow to Pacifidlog Town. It was quite expensive but luckily, most of the locals had charged her quite fairly due to the fact she seemed very determined to make it to Mirage Island.

The sailor laughed at her heartily, shaking his head. "Mirage Island? You're trying to go to Mirage Island?" Harley bit her lip.

"Yes," she said a little stiffly. "Do you know where it is?"

"It's a mirage, obviously! Kids today, trying to do the impossible," and he walked off, chuckling to himself. Harley screwed up her face. What a loser. She had done a little reading, Mirage Island was a real place. A person called Ruby had been there and recorded his findings, such as the rare Liechi berry and a colony of Wynaut resided there.

"Excuse me miss, did you say Mirage Island?" An old man emerged from one of the floating huts, his cane clanking loudly on the wooden platforms.

"Yes, do you know where it is?" she repeated. At least someone was being a little helpful, right?

"I do, in fact. And you are very lucky, Mirage Island is here today," the man motioned to his hut and a Swellow emerged, fit with flying gear. "Get on the Swellow, she will take you there." Harley did what he said and got on and the Swellow reacted almost immediately, flapping its wings and taking flight.

It was a short flight, but Mirage Island was in view. The Swellow landed smoothly and Harley jumped off as soon as she could safely. The Swellow shrieked and flew off again, leaving Harley alone. Looking around, she saw a tiny figure in the distance. Her body felt at ease, this was the place she was looking for.

(OOC: Just to let you know, Harley is totally unaware of anything to do with shifting. she calls it weird things and has no ideas how her powers work, except she knows how to shift. she has no idea what they are used for or what they do or anything. just setting that straight.)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I opened my eyes, the voice still resonating in my ears, "To my fellow Shifters, my name is Anthony Stagg. I have need of your help. The destination of our meeting is Mirage Island, Hoenn. Come quick."

I sat up, "Shifters..." I knew that word, but my brain was still working things out. "Dusk. Come on." I jumped out of bed and gathered my things. When I had collected everything and checked about five times, I ran out of the house with Dusk right beside me. "It's too bad we're not in Hoenn." I said to Dusk as we ran. We were in my hometown in Unova, but it shouldn't be too hard to catch a plane...

~~~~~​

After the plane touched down, I got off and went to catch a boat. I had landed in Slateport. Okay, so I know Mirage Island usually appears somewhere near Pacifidlog and, of course, it is a mirage. I caught a boat to Pacifidlog to begin my search...

(OOC: Sorry it's short but, school is calling (not literally) -.-)

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
Years
Josh heard the message while working on some equations for a theoretical bridge to be built from Dewford to the beach near Petalburg.
"To my fellow Shifters, my name is Anthony Stagg. I have need of your help. The destination of our meeting is Mirage Island, Hoenn. Come quick."
Josh groaned, he had been awake for thirty hours working in Slateport[because if the bridge design passed it was going to be built their] and he just wanted to sleep, but the voice sounded urgent. "I gotta go, can you let our teacher know?" he asked a fellow engineering student, one he couldn't quite remember the name of. He nodded and and Josh left through the side door and headed for the Harbor, hoping to get a trip off one of the captains to Pacifidlog town.

He got lucky and was able to get a fairly nice captain to take him along with some supplies for free. Josh attempted to sleep but the engine was too loud and the trip to short for more then a second or two before he was at Pacifidlog town. He looked at the town on the water, and then looked around hoping to find someone else headed towards the island.

He didn't find anyone heading for the island but after a small time an old man singled him out, "Your going to Mirage island, aren't you?" The old man said, more a statement then a question. Before Josh could respond the old man spoke again "A girl came by earlier with the same goal, so I let her fly to Mirage island on my Swellow, in fact Swellow just came back a moment ago, if you'd be willing to wait a little while for Swellow to rest i'll let you ride as well" the old man offered happily. "Thank you, but why be so generous with a stranger?" Josh asked, the old man simply gave him a grin and walked inside. Josh sighed and leaned against the house before letting Odessa out of her poke-ball. Odessa stared at the houses, then the water, and started exploring around but not going very far.

Several hours later Josh was on Mirage island, the old man's Swellow disappearing in the sky as he stood their watching. He let Odessa out of the ball and wondered who he should be looking for on the island. He sighed once again and started walking towards the center of the island, Odessa following close-by.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Miharu was in the middle of a pokemon battle when a call was made; "To my fellow Shifters, my name is Anthony Stagg. I have need of your help. The destination of our meeting is Mirage Island, Hoenn. Come quick."

She sighed, looking at the person who had challenged her. "Sorry, but I need to cut this battle short. Jolteon, use thunder."

Jolteon nodded before unleashing a powerful thunder attack which struck the opponent's pokemon right on it's weak spot, knocking it out. The opponent trainer cursed slightly. "I'll come back to defeat you again!"

Miharu smiled. "I will be waiting."

The challenger stormed off while Miharu returned Jolteon, placing a note on the door which said that she would be gone for an unknown amount of time. She then let out her Gallade. "Bishamon, teleport."

They were gone in a flash.

---

Appearing in front of Dewford Town's pokemon center, she returned Bishamon with a thanks. She let out her Gyarados which roared immediatly, scaring several people around her. Miharu jumped onto Gyarados and told him to start to swim towards the North East. Gyarados nodded and swam in that direction.

Surpringsly, Miharu had managed to accidently find Mirage Island, twice. Once was when she was injured in the sinking of a ship and Gyarados had carried her to the nearest island. She woke on the island, knowing about it from her reading. The second time in which she had found it was when she was looking for Rayquaza and apparently taking a wrong turn to find the Mirage Island again. However, at both times they were both at the same place, which made it useful incase she needed to find it again. Miharu landed on the island, returning Gyarados with another polite thank you. She started traveling towards the center where she found a man that was older than her and a Houndoom which growled when she saw her.

(Ugh, bad first post. x_x)

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-"To my fellow Shifters, my name is Anthony Stagg. I have need of your help. The destination of our meeting is Mirage Island, Hoenn. Come quick." Raike's eyes opened quickly and surveyed his surroundings. Seeing nothing, he closed his eyes once more, and was about to sleep again when the voice echoed in his head. "To my fellow Shifters, my name is Anthony Stagg. I have need of your help. The destination of our meeting is Mirage Island, Hoenn. Come quick.".This time, Raven, his Umbreon also seemed to have heard it. Raike stood up, dusting his t-shirt off and throwing on his jacket, snickering.-

"Morning Sunshine"

-Raven stretched, yawning obnoxiously, drawing a sideways glance from Raike, which was followed by a smirk. Satisfied, she yawned once again, and sat looking at him. She sent a single thought across their link,"Breakfast"-

Heh, always food first huh? You can hunt can't you?.Well anyway I agree, now lets see here... some pokechow for you.... and some peanut butter jelly time with some OJ for me.

-Raike placed a plate on the ground, which he filled with Raven's favorite brand of pokemon food, and also placed a bowl next to the plate, which he filled with one of the many water bottle's he had brought. He then pulled out his sandwich and an orange juice pack. Between bites of his sandwich a began to speak-

Well anyway you probably heard that message in your mind. We should probably go. Remember what that man who taught us said, messages like that can only be sent out from the Aether Realm. I might have a way to get there, but I'm not gonna like it...

-A few hours later, Raike stomped out of a private jet,followed by Raven, who growled at the pilot. Flipping off the pilot and speaking in a threatening tone.-

If you EVER tell my parents that you even saw me here, I'll know who snitched, and I'll be coming for you!

-The frightened pilot nodded, and closed the door behind them. Raike walked out of airport, collecting his bag along the way, along with $50 he had withdrawn from his parent's account, smirking while doing so. After a few hitched rides, and threats, Raike finally arrived in Pacifidlog town looking around.-

Hmm they say that mirage island is almost impossible to find...maybe in this realm... but not in the Aether realm!, ready to test out our training Raven?

-Raven nodded, beginning to focus, her eyes began to glow a crimson color. And the golden rings around her body began to glow brighter-

-Raike's eyes took on the same color as Raven's. For some reason this happened all the time during their previous training, when they were shifting, their eyes took on the same color, though all color vanished when they shifted. The man who had trained them said it was due to their minds merging briefly. Raike then touched the golden circle on Raven's forehead. Instantly all color drained away, everything became hazy... transparent, almost like it was an illusion. Surveying the landscape once more, he saw it, Mirage Island. It was pretty far however, it looked as if they were going to have to walk. Raike sent out a feeling of annoyance, but began to walk. Hours later, they touched down on the island, and Raike left the Aether realm, returning to the contemporary laughing slightly as the warmth of the sun greeted him.-

"Heh, that's the longest we've ever been in there...oh?"
-Raven growled, her ears rising in alarm-
"Hmm it seems we have other people on this island...well lets go check it out"
-Raike began to walk in a random direction around the perimeter of the island. Minutes, hours, seemed to pass until finally In the distance he saw a man sprawled out on the grass, with what looked to be a houndoom-
"Hey! You over there! Are you the one called Anthony Stagg?!"

Last edited:

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
Years
Josh heard someone yelling a little ways away, he didn't hear wait he had said but that was more because he was tired, not because it wasn't loud enough. "what did he say" he asked Odessa, "he said 'Hey! You over there! Are you the one called Anthony Stagg?!'" she repeated, imitating the dude pretty well. "Thanks" he muttered, then headed off towards where he had heard the voice.

He soon came back out to the water, and saw one guy with a Houndoom and another with an Umbreon. He stared, waiting to see what would happen, he stood like this for a brief moment before he realized Odessa was headed towards the other guys Umbreon, then he started running after her.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
I stepped off of the boat and looked around. I was in the town that sits on the water. It's pretty cool if you have time to look around, but at this moment I did not.

"How do we..." I began to talk before eyeing Dusk. "We could always try..." I wasn't very sure of what I was saying, as I was not very good at doing what I was thinking.

"Du~sk!" Dusk looked at me as if saying,"Well come on already, we don't have time for this!" Quite a mouthful for on little syllable.

"Okay, we'll try it." I sat down and closed my eyes, putting a hand on Dusk. I waited for a minute and then thought I had fallen in the water. Although I had no memory of falling and I didn't feel wet, but I did feel cold. I opened my eyes to reveal a different world, the people were shadows and the water was replaced with dirt. I could walk to Mirage Island now, but I wasn't sure if I could keep my focus in this world.

I began running as fast as I could, flashes of water appeared around me for a split second. I needed to go faster or else I would end up in the middle of the ocean. I then noticed what looked like an island, hopefully Mirage Island. Anyway it was an island, so I ran in its direction.

When I finally reached the island, I collapsed on the beach for a rest. When I did this, the world went back to normal and it was warm again. "Phew, we made it." I said breathlessly as I layed down on the sand. "So this is Mirage Island?" I questioned as I sat up again and looked around.

"Dusk..."

(OOC: Another short one...I'll try to make it longer next time...)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
((OOC: Lol. No one seems to notice Miharu who is standing in front of the Houndoom. xD))

Miharu noticed others that walked up to the man. None of the people seem to notice her which was fine by her. One of them had even asked the man if he was Anthony Stagg, however the man did not answer. She blinked, wondering if the man was asleep. She felt Sei's pokeball shaking before Sei let herself out in a burst of light. Miharu knelt down to Sei's eye level and sighed.

"You could not wait, could you?" asked Miharu, wondering if the others would have noticed her by now. You would think people wouldn't have been so blind as to notice a seventeen year old teenager right in front of their faces.

Sei shook her head no and nuzzled her cheek against Miharu's hand. Miharu rolled her eyes.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
Years
OOC: Raiek's[SkyisUmbreon] catalyst is the other Umbreon I refer to in this post. The guy near the Houndoom is Anthony, and Miharu[Michaela] is the one talking to the Espeon[they're catalyst].
Bleh, this is getting very confusing.

Josh looked around after catching up to Odessa, and observed three other people then himself. One was a guy near the Houndoom, so he assumed that he was the Houndoom's trainer, the other was the dude with the other Umbreon that Odessa had run up to, and the last was a girl, looking pretty unnoticed talking/petting to her Espeon. Josh rubbed his eyes and waited to see what the others would say before he talked first.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
I got up and started to run once more. I looked around to see if anyone was there. Obviously the first people I found would be the people I was looking for. It didn't take long for me to find a small group of people. I walked up to them, studying each.

"So, which one of you is Anthony Stagg and why are we here?" I asked.

(OOC: GOD!!!!! So many short posts! Hopefully i'll have more to write type later on...)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Another one had run up and asked who was this Stagg guy. Miharu stood up and stopped petting Sei the Espeon.

"The one who is lying on his back seemingly ignoring us," she said dryly. "He is the Houndoom's trainer. Now, while he is ignoring us, perhaps we should introduce ourselves and our pokemon."

Sei nuzzled Miharu's legs who chuckled. Obviously Espeon wanted to be petted some more and Miharu complied, absentmindedly rubbing her ears with her left hand.

"My name is Mizushima Miharu, gym leader of Pallet Town," Miharu stated. "The one I am petting here is Sei."

Looking at Stagg, she couldn't help but resist the urge to kick him in the stomach softly or nudge him with a stick to make sure he was alive. Maybe if he didn't talk for the next ten minutes she would.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
Years
Josh looked at the newcomer as she asked who was Anthony Stagg, the girl with the Espeon responded before anyone else. "The one who is lying on his back seemingly ignoring us," she said, then went on to introduce herself as Miharu and her Espeon as Sei.

Josh decided to introduce himself next "I'm Josh, I was studying engineering in Slateport when I heard him" he gestured towards the figure laying near the Houndoom "and since I was already so close decided to come check it out" he said. "Also this Umbreon" he gestured towards his own, just to make a clear distinction between Odessa & the other guys Umbreon "is Odessa" he finished, then waited for the others to respond.

Nakuzami

Years
"The one who is lying on his back seemingly ignoring us," Replied the girl whose name was apparantly Miharu. A boy also introduced himself as Josh, and motioned to his Umbreon who was named Odessa. I noticed another person with an Umbreon. Umbreon was apparently popular around here.

I introduced myself, "I'm Kris, and this is Dusk, my Umbreon." I motioned to Dusk before turning to Anthony. I began to glare at him with one of my death stares. "And i'm not going to even pretend to be patient. I want to know why we were called here, and now." I glanced at Dusk. "And if he is apparently ignoring us, we could always do something he can't ignore." I paused for a moment, "Who wants to help me convince Mr. Stagg to talk?" I was ready to command Dusk to attack this Anthony person. I had absolutely no patience for some reason. Probably because this man was a Shifter, he knew about them and most or all of their powers. So at the very least he could provide answers. Besides, I just flew all the way out here and almost drowned just because he called us here, so I was not about to be ignored.

(OOC: And Kris moves in for the kill... And how many people have Umbreon?!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Harley obviously took her time getting over to the figure as four others had arrived and had already started some kind of conversation. Feeling a little insecure, she let Ceri and Appa out of their PokéBalls. Appa rested comfortably on Harley's shoulder and Ceri took his place on her right hand side. She took a deep breath, shoved her pants in her pockets and moved forward towards the group.

She studied the group as she steadily walked towards them. Altogether, there were 5 humans; four male and a female, all scattered around with their Pokémon. If they were here, obviously this meant there were others like her and had also recieved this call from Anthony Stagg. This was a little disappointing to Harley. Originally, when she first recieved this power, she thought she was unique. After the call, she figured they may have been two or three with this power. But six? At least it wasn't a hundred. Then she wouldn't feel unique at all.

Harley was now in talking distance of the group. She stood away from them, far enough to be noticed but not close enough the be inspected or judged. She needed to show to these people that she someone who did not want to make friends or play around in the grass. She stared at the group, her eyes wide open, trying to reveal her Heterochromia as much as possible. If that didn't freak them out a little, not much else would.

"Hey!" She shouted at them, her hands still in her pockets. "Who is Anthony Stagg? Who called me here?" That would have caught their attention.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
Sorry, late reply, just got back to Philly :D

-Raike hadn't really been attention when the person had run up to him, and had just turned around when the person left to go introduce himself. Sighing he decided to go introduce himself also. But when one of the people was about to attack the man he thought to be Anthony Stagg, Raike in between the two. Placing himself in front of Anthony-

You don't want to do that. If this person is Anthony Stagg, then he called us for a reason. You try to attack him here, and you might never find that reason.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
OMFG sorry guys, been a little busy.

From the moment Anthony had slumped onto the grass, he had zoned out completely, and only when he heard the chatter going on above him did he open his eyes. There were five people surrounding him, each with their own catalyst at their sides. Anthony was mildly surprised Pitch hadn't growled, but figured it was due to them being shifters. Anthony watched as the one called Raike put himself between Anthony and the others who were apparently going to kick him.

Pushing himself to his feet, Anthony scratched his head, "Sorry about that, the call took much energy out of me," he said grinning. "Yes, I am Anthony Stagg. I have called you shifters here today because the world needs us. I believe that something ancient has awoken, something within the Aether Realm that threatens our own Contemporary Realm."

Anthony took a breath, "This here is my faithful Houndoom, Pitch," Pitch gave a small bark. "We know very little at all about what we are, but we are what we are because we are needed."

Anthony huffed then sat back down on the ground. "A few weeks ago, Pitch and I ventured into the Aether Realm to record more findings about it. There we encountered a cloud, it was like a dark mass of energy. I tried to approach it, but Pitch moved in the way, pushing me away. Suddenly, a part of it took form, it was a massive Steelix, twice the size as normal and incredibly dark. It launched at us and reflexively we left the Aether Realm. The people around us had become aggressive, it was as if this 'cloud' affected the normal people too."

Anthony began ripping out bits of grass, noticing a group of Wynaut clustered at the edge of a small forest out the side of his eye. "I don't have a clue to what this 'cloud' is, but i have a feeling it is something bad; and only we can stop it."

"Have any of you come across this... this thing?" he asked gazing up at the rest.

Back