• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • "So, Miharu. We won't need to go into the Aether Realm at all during our little Distortion World adventure?" I asked, "Because, if we don't we could bring other pokemon." I hesitated for a moment, "As you should know we can't bring regular pokemon into the Aether Realm." That was about as much as I knew, as I had dropped my pokemon the first few times I accidentally traveled to it.

Right then Raike began to fade, I assumed into the Aether Realm. Then, while Raike was still fading away, he was launched back a few feet. "What a coincidence that Raike should encounter this thing right after we finished talking about it. Especially since it has the entire Aether Realm to roam." I paused to consider something, "Maybe it was drawn to the relatively large concentration of Shifters..."

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • When Raike was thrown backwards after an attempt at shifting, Anthony saw the horror in his eyes and knew exactly what had happened. "Everyone, run!" he yelled, "meet back in Slateport City, its here!" Anthony ran over towards where Raike lay, picking him up and chucking him on his back white Pitch grabbed his Umbreon.

"Pitch," Anthony said and they both connected before shifting into the Aether Realm. There they saw the cloud, hovering right beside them and they hadn't noticed it. Anthony saw the others appear in the Aether Realm and split so he began heading towards Ever Grande City in an effort to get away from the cloud.

He ran until his lungs felt they would cave in and turned back to see nothing but grey Aether Realm. He dropped Raike to the ground and sat down beside him, trying to catch his breath.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • It took Josh's brain a second to connect the string of events but when he did he started running, starting out in the contemporary realm and then shifting over to the Aether realm as Odessa ran beside him. He hadn't really thought about shifting, it had more or less happened with very little effort on his part. He realized that they were about to the other end of the island and shifted back to the contemporary realm.

He stood at the waters edge wondering what next and realized that he still had his phone on him, he called for a ride from Erica in his engineering group and was back in Slateport explaining that he had to ditch the bridge project without actually saying why, it felt best to keep the Steelix thing a secret for the moment. "So you're ditching this project why?" Steve asked, and Josh thought a little before coming up with a half-truth, "Its personal, can we leave it at that?", the others seemed to agree that was good enough and went back to whatever they were doing before he had gotten back.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Anthony suddenly screamed "RUN!" and disappeared with Raike. This created a little chaos and everybody began shifting. "Geez, it's just a cloud." I muttered, before raising my voice, "Shouldn't we be staying in the Contemporary Realm if it's in the Aether Realm?!" Though I was a little late and a majority had shifted. "Whatever."

I put a hand on Dusk's head and we disappeared. We reappeared in the dismal world known as the Aether Realm. I noticed everybody running in different directions, and Anthony was the most AWOL of the lot. I decided to follow him, as he would probably be alone with Raike, and for whatever reason it was impulse.

I tried to keep up as best as I could, and it wasn't hard as Anthony was slowed by the weight of Raike. I wasn't sure where the cloud was, but there was a fifty percent chance it was following the other group. No such luck. It appeared and charged after me this time. I simply jumped out of the way and it resumed its chase of Anthony. I continued to follow close;y, trying to work out a plan.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • Just a hint

-Raike rolled over, and stood up gritting his teeth and groaning. The world still seemed pretty distorted and hazy. He did however make out Anthony beside him, and Raven, who was nudging him with her head. Her eyes seemed filled with concern, and he smiled weakly. He then turned to Pitch-

"Thank you Pitch, for saving Raven. And thank you Anthony... though I could have ran myself... Where are Miharu and the others? Is she, I mean the others okay?"

-Raike observed himself carefully. What had he just said-

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • ((OOC: ...I can't help but feel that Raike has a crush on Miharu. XD))

Miharu blinked when Raike suddenly turned transparent and Anthony screamed run. She was about to point out, dryly, that she could have just always teleported everyone away and if the cloud was in the freaking Aether Realm that they could just stay in the this realm, but everyone had already shifted and she sighed.

I cannot take my pokemon with me and I will not leave them all here by themselves.

Gallade came out of his pokeball. Master, do you wish me to teleport us to the gym and when you come back from the Aether Realm, to you?

Miharu nodded. Thank you, Satoshi.

Miharu, after spending a long time with them, could hear the thoughts of her psychich pokemon and talk to them telepathically except for Sei. There seemed to be a blockage that stopped the two of them from communicating in the current world. She was trying to fix it, but the more she tried, the more it hurt her and Sei.

Satoshi nodded, disappearing with all of his teammates' pokeballs, and his, aside from Sei. Sei nuzzled against Miharu's leg before they both disappeared from the real realm.

---

By the time she reached the Aether Realm, everyone had pretty much disappeared. She could see Anthony, Raike, and Kris, as well as the black cloud that was stalking them. The others were gone though. Quickly, her mind went through multiple plans, and Miharu choose the appropriate one.

Sei, use teleport on Raike, Anthony, and Kris. Bring them to the place that Anthony mentioned.

Sei nodded, doing just so. She watched as all three of them, and their pokemon, disappeared before appearing in a distance that was too far away for Miharu could see clearly. The cloud stopped, before she could hear a growl and it rushed towards her.

Her training saved her.

She threw herself to the side and rolled a few feet away from the cloud before, smoothly, getting up to her feet and running. Sei was following behind her, but she wasn't the only one. The cloud was following her as well as she ran away from the group of Anthony, Raike, and Kris. She was the only one with a pokemon that could use teleport and allow her to come to the meeting place, and although the others were most likely fit boys, aside from that one other girl, she knew that she could probably out speed them and run longer than them.

As she ran, she didn't even try to look behind her. It would take more energy and distract her from running. When she could feel the dark cloud gaining up on her, she glanced over at Sei.

Sei, use teleport and bring me to the same place as Raike, Anthony, and Kris.

Sei nodded and they both disappeared in a flash of light. The cloud stopped, confused but also angry that his prey escaped. The cloud noticed that he was all by himself and was nowhere near anyone. He slowly disappeared.

---

Miharu appeared next to Anthony, panting slightly from the sprinting.

"Is everyone here okay?" she asked when she caught her breath.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • ((OOC: Espeon cannot learn teleport, but I will let it slide))

Anthony felt his body change slightly before he was teleported away. When he reappeared he immediately felt for Pitch at his side and watched as Miharu lost the cloud that was tailing her before is dissipated. She then reappeared Anthony, panting heavily.

"Is everyone here okay?" she asked when she caught her breath.

"I'm fine, you?" he said getting up and brushing himself off, "I don't know how it found us, but the fact that it did has me scared. We best be getting to Sinnoh."

Nakuzami

Years
  • I noticed the cloud stopped chasing Anthony and started chasing "Miharu?" I hadn't noticed her, but she was here. I saw her Espeon teleport, which was weird as Espeon couldn't learn teleport. The next few moments went by pretty fast. Miharu seemed to be distracting the cloud, either that or running for her life. Anyway it seemed she was a fast runner, probably a little faster than me. Though I did have the excuse that she was a few years older than me, but I didn't think that excuse would hold.

Anthony and Raike disappeared, followed by Miharu. I put a hand on Dusk and we also reappeared in the Contemporary Realm. The trio appeared just a few feet away from me, so I walked over to them.

I heard her say, "Is everyone here okay?" when she had caught her breath.

Anthony replied first, "I'm fine, you?" He brushed himself off, "I don't know how it found us, but the fact that it did has me scared. We best be getting to Sinnoh."

"I would assume it found us in the way I mentioned earlier." I began, "It probably sensed the unusual amount of Shifters in one place, so came." I paused to catch my breath, "Sinnoh. Yeah, okay. Let's do that...but shouldn't we find the others?" I asked, "I don't think all of them will come to Sinnoh immediately. Some may even come to look for us..."

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • "That sounds like the logical reason. You raise a good point Kris, but I have a solution." Anthony said, turning to Pitch as he finished. He gazed into her eyes for a minute before breaking contact and looking back to the others.

"There, I sent a Call through the Aether Realm at the others, telling them to meet us in the cafe by Slateport City PokeCentre. We should head there and meet up with them, travelling in the Aether Realm will be quicker and we will be able to spot the cloud if it comes back." With that he shifted into the Aether Realm and waited for the others to come.

Nakuzami

Years
  • "Uh, thanks?" I said to reply to Anthony's compliment. He faded into the Aether Realm soon after. "This again...?" I sighed, before fading away myself. When I arrived in the Aether Realm, I started to walk in the direction of Slateport. I didn't see the cloud, which meant that it could travel fast. After all, we were only in the Contemporary Realm a few minutes.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • ((OOC: ...It can't? D= WHOOPS. So sorry. XD Special ability because of it being a catalyst? Yeah...that's my excuse.))

"I am fine," Miharu said in reply to Anthony's question. She watched as Anthony and Kris talked, before they decided on going to the Slateport City Pokemon Center and they both went back into the Aether Realm. She sighed.

"I hope that they do know I could have teleported them there, right?" mumbled Miharu to herself. "If I am correct, Satoshi should be appearing right about..."

Now? finished Satoshi, appearing next to Miharu. Hello again Master, nice to see that you have not died.

Same to Satoshi, thanks. Miharu clipped back on her pokebelt before nodding towards Sei and closing her eyes. A few seconds later, she opened them, having sent a message to the people in the Aether Realm saying that if they had just leave the Aether Realm that her Gallade would be able to teleport them to the meeting place.

I hope Satoshi does not mind taking a few humans to the Slateport City Pokemon Center.

Satoshi shrugged. I am fine with it, yes. How many?

Seven including myself. Thanks, Satoshi.

No problem, Master. I shall send you to the pokemon center now. With that being said, er thought, Satoshi closed his eyes and Miharu could feel the telltale sign of teleporting. She soon appeared in front of the Slateport Pokemon Center. She sighed and leaned against the walls of the Pokemon Center, waiting for the rest.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • OOC: I'm going on two assumptions, one is that the Pallet town gym leader has a phone.

Josh really wasn't sure what to do with himself, he felt like a third wheel staying with his engineering group but he wasn't exactly sure what else to do. He finally gave up and decided he'd just look up the number for the chick who had said she was Pallet towns gym leader[how hard could that be, right?], let her know where he was in the city so she could tell the others and then go back to his hotel while he waited for them.

A few minutes later he had looked up the number for the gym and apparently gotten some attendant at the gym. From what he was able to get from the attendant she didn't, or wouldn't, be able to contact Miharu for her.

After giving up on the original plan of just calling Miharu and them all meeting up at his hotel he decided the next best thing was some caffeine pills, an energy drink, and a soda to keep him from tasting the energy drink.

A few more minutes later he was looking around Slateport for any of the people from the island, kept mostly awake with an energy drink mixed with cola, some caffeine pills, and a bag of chips he had gotten because he had just realized that he was starving, the last time he had eaten being the previous days lunch. He wondered were the most likely place for them to meet up would be and then concluded the Pokemon center, not too many people in a crowd like the market and it just seemed a better landmark then the museum.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • ((Maybe he does XP))

-Raike watched as the others faded into the Aether Realm. A few seconds later, Miharu appeared with a pokemon he recognized as a Gallade. He overheard something about everybody meeting up at Slateport Pokemon Center. He shrugged guessing he should go there. Before this he covered up his red eye with his hand, The hazyness seemed to tone down, and the realm he was currently in seemed to get a little clearer. When he let go, everything got shifty again. He sighed and ripped off a peice of cloth from his shirt, hoping his jacket would cover it up, he then tied it around his left eye, the red eye, and turned to Gallade-

"Well, you sent her to Slateport right? I'm guessing I'm supposed to go the same way, so if you would..."

-Gallade's eyes
    began to glow, and Raike and Raven were lifted into the air, then it felt as if they were moving at supersonic speeds, which they were. Then suddenly they stopped, and Raike saw the Slateport Pokemon Center emblem before he fell. Both he and Raven landed on their feet. He looked around and seeing Miharu, walked over grinning slightly-

"Haha that was pretty cool, anyway, uh, whats up."

-Raike was never really good with talking with people, it could be that he spent a bit too much time with his pokemon, rather than with people-

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Anthony felt his body tingle and looked to the others as they were enveloped in some kind of light. He heard Pitch growl slightly and in an instant the island faded away only to be replaced with the dingey alleyway that ran between the PokeCentre and the Cafe Anthony had talked about meeting at. He looked around and saw that Miharu and her Gallade had teleported everyone from the island.

Anthony turned to everyone, "Okay shifters, today has been a little weird so before we head off to the train station to catch the train to Sinnoh, we can take a few hours here to freshen up and get ready. The cafe next door makes excellent coffee, so once you have finished we will all meet back there and go together. I suggest you bring along no more than two other Pokemon as well as your catalyst because if we have to shift, even in PokeBalls they wont be able to get into the Aether Realm, I have already tried; they just get left where you stood."

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • OOC: Whatevs, i'll just edit my post from earlier.[I don't like Thursdays]

Josh went back to the hotel his engineering group had been staying at while they were studying[unpaid work was a more accurate description] in Slateport, no one was their so he wrote a note explaining why he wouldn't be able to continue studying with them for the moment. After he was done he guiltily left the hotel, knowing they everyone would get angry that they had one less person to help them with the endless round of equations and work that the more experienced engineers set upon them.

A few minutes later he was headed back to the pokecenter, kept mostly awake with an energy drink mixed with cola, some caffeine pills, and a bag of chips he had gotten because he had just realized that he was starving, the last time he had eaten being the previous days lunch.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • ((OOC: @Zamorak: Miharu doesn't have an "attendant" and the only few people that know her phone number wouldn't give it out since she would be spammed with calls.

Miharu saw Raike appearing before her eyes and knew that Satoshi had teleported Raike to the pokemon center. He walked over to the pokemon center, smiling at Miharu.

"Haha that was pretty cool, anyway, uh, whats up."

It was obvious that he felt nervous and didn't talk much due to the fact of the slight stammer. Miharu wondered why he felt nervous, but before she could reply, the rest of the shifters were at the Pokemon Center and Anthony started talking.

"Okay shifters, today has been a little weird so before we head off to the train station to catch the train to Sinnoh, we can take a few hours here to freshen up and get ready. The cafe next door makes excellent coffee, so once you have finished we will all meet back there and go together. I suggest you bring along no more than two other Pokemon as well as your catalyst because if we have to shift, even in PokeBalls they wont be able to get into the Aether Realm, I have already tried; they just get left where you stood."

When Anthony was finished, Satoshi turned to Miharu.

I have done as you wish, Master.

Good job Satoshi. Return.

Satoshi nodded before touching his pokeball and going inside with a burst of light. Sei nuzzled Miharu's hand.

Miharu turned to Raike. "As Raike was asking, I am fine. How about Raike?"

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • All of a sudden I was out of the Aether Realm and in an alleyway. It was between the Slateport Pokemon Center and Cafe. Everyone else was there so I assumed that Miharu's Gallade had teleported us.

Anthony spoke up, "Okay shifters, today has been a little weird so before we head off to the train station to catch the train to Sinnoh, we can take a few hours here to freshen up and get ready. The cafe next door makes excellent coffee, so once you have finished we will all meet back there and go together. I suggest you bring along no more than two other Pokemon as well as your catalyst because if we have to shift, even in PokeBalls they wont be able to get into the Aether Realm, I have already tried; they just get left where you stood."

I could use something to drink... I thought before heading out of the alley. I made a quick stop at the Pokemon Center. I went to the PC, or Personal Computer if you wish to use the long name, and turned it on. After I was done I had three new pokeballs. I know Anthony said two, but I couldn't keep these three apart. Maybe someday we could figure out a way to bring normal pokemon to the Aether Realm.

I exited the Pokemon Center and went into the Cafe. I ordered a large caramel latte and started to sip it. I went back into the alley with the others, I was planning to stay in there the entire time it took me to drink this. I could have it done anywhere between five minutes and a half hour. Depends on how fast I decided to drink it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Everything was happening so fast and before Harley knew it, they were all in a dingy alleyway next to a PokéCentre. Harley was a little confused and scared actually; back on the island, before she could even mutter out her or Ceri's name, one of the boys tried to... shift and then something happened and Harley ran, like Anthony had told her. Then, they were here. Harley grabbed Ceri's arm and held it tightly. Anthony said something about taking a train to Sinnoh and meeting up here in a few hours. Two of the boys split off as soon as Anthony had finished talking so now only Anthony, and... They had sort of Japanesey names, Harley couldn't remember them. Harley clinged on to Ceri's arm even tighter and took a deep breath.

"My name is Harley and this is Ceri," Harley said very loudly so that maybe someone would notice her this time. "I come from Ecruteak and I have no idea where we are." Ceri made a small chortling sound. "It would be really great if... If someone could m-maybe h-help me out here." The last sentance came out quite hastily and sloppily. Harley never really asked help from anyone and never liked to but she really couldn't help but feel intimidated by the fact they all seemed to know a lot more about her - well, their - gift. Plus, everyone was taller than her.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • -Raike frowned, annoyed that their conversation, if you could call it that, was cut off shot by the arrival of the others, but listened to Anthony. His face brightened when he said that they should bring 2 more pokemon. Once Raike had the information of the meeting place, and time of departure, he made a B line for the pokemon center, or more specifically, the PC. He selected his two pokemon and walked out, clipping their pokeballs to his belt, and began walk towards the cafe, passing by the same alleyway. Noticing that Miharu hadn't moved, called out to her-

"Hey Miharu, you want a coffee or something? I normally don't drink coffee, but you know, that's where I'm headed. Or you know, you could come with me."

-Raike did the best to mask his expression-

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • "Hello there Harley...and Ceri," Anthony said, "I am Anthony and this is Pitch," motioning to his Houndoom, "and we are in Slateport City. Would you like to come with me to the PokeCentre, I have to get some Pokemon out and I can help you out." Anthony waited for her reply.

Back