• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • A boy stepped between me and Anthony. I was about to reply to what he said, but Anthony decided to come back from the dead. He apologized for zoning out and went on to explain our situation, though with more drama than needed.

I spoke up, "Sorry, but I myself haven't seen any evil clouds with Steelix flying around inside lately. And, Aether Realm? I'm guessing that's the place we enter every time we...shift?"

(OOC: *Death Stare* Another short one...*sigh*)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Miharu nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, the Aether region is the place in which we go when we shift. And I have seen what Stagg is speaking of."

Miharu remembered it well. It was during one of her trips to the Aether realm in which she had saw it. A dark cloud that was hanging close to the ground and although Miharu was curious, she did not get close to the cloud as Sei, as well as her entire being, warned her. As she backed away slowly, the cloud suddenly turned into a snake shaped pokemon, it was too fast to get a close look, and rushed at her. Instinct made her throw herself to the side before getting out of the realm.

"Although, I was not exactly sure what that was and I did get a challenge within the next hour and he was very harsh to his pokemon. However, I did not know the person so I was not sure whether or not that was really his personality or if it was weird behavior," stated Miharu. "None of the people of Pallet Town were acting any differently. So, what could cause this?"

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Harley frowned a little. The words he used were kind of unfamiliar. Aether World? Contemporary World? This was all so new to Harley. Sure, she had been having her visions since she was 14 but she really had no idea about much of it. She couldn't really have her visions at will, maybe sometimes if she concentrated. They usually only came to her when she was alone and even then, they only really worked at the bottom of Burned Tower.

She racked her brains a little, had she seen a giant, black floating cloud? ... Nope, never really. Although, maybe she had seen it and just not realised it? How long did the cloud effect people? And why a Steelix?

"No. But did the cloud effect you? I mean, does it effect ... us?" Harley said loudly, still standing away from the group with her hands in her pockets.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • OOC: Skymin, that the wrong use of that effect, i'm pretty sure you want affect. Sorry about that but for some reason it really bothered me.

IC:
    "You called us here to ask if we had seen a mass of darkness that transformed into a Steelix and made the people around us very aggressive?" Josh stated, seeing a big flaw in that argument. "No, I haven't at least, but did we have to be brought here? Couldn't you have just sent us a cell number or something and asked us over the phone?". Josh knew that if this was just about the darkness thing then they wouldn't be here, "or is their something other then the darkness we were brought here for?" he finished, and waited for a response from Anthony.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • ((Raike isn't really a "boy" he's 20 years old))
    -Raike nodded as Raven looked up at him. He put on a more grave expression, while softly patting Ravens head. He then sighed, closing his eyes, then opening them again.-

"Meet the same monster as you described. It was during my last official trip to the Aether Realm. However, I was reckless and tried to fight it, or rather, we tried to fight it. All of our attacks seemed ineffective though. Thankfully, we escaped with our lives, though we were pretty banged up. And around that area where that cloud was on the Contemporary realm, the pokemon seemed to get more and more aggressive. They were easier to fight off than that monster..."

-Raven growled, showing her discontent at losing.-

" I think, that we may be able to at least damage it in some way, if we all took in on together..."

Nakuzami

Years
  • "So apparently Anthony isn't insane." I glanced at him, "Too bad." I turned to the man with an Umbreon, "And if we were to fight this...cloud of darkness, obviously you fight dark with light." I paused for a moment, "I don't want to be dramatic, so i'll leave it at that." I then decided to actually take in my surroundings. I noticed one of the girls, the one sitting away from the group that actually looked insane, had a Zoroark. It was a rare pokemon, but I preffered Zorua. Too bad I didn't have one with me.

I counted five people in this group besides me. Three people, including me, had Umbreon. It kind of made me feel that Dusk was just a little less unique, and I was even less unique than Dusk.

"Okay, Anthony. Unless you're just stupid, you brought us here for more than just asking about the cloud thing. So, what was the other reason?"

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Anthony sighed, "Josh, I don't know any of you people, likewise you don't know me. The only way I could have gotten in contact with you was through 'The Call' and even then I was expecting less. Its good to know that others of you have seen it, because now I know that it isn't just me."

"I believe, we are how we are because we are needed to stop this 'cloud' or whatever it is and we are the only ones who can do so. If you guys are up to it, we should head to Sinnoh. If anything, Canalave Library should have any information about us in it."

Nakuzami

Years
  • "If you had planned for us to go to the Canalave Library, why did you tell us to meet here and not there?" I asked, somewhat irritated. I then looked around, "So how do we get off this island, or do you expect us all to shift to get back to Pacifidlog?" I paused, "Because apparently not all of us can shift very well, and I nearly fell into the ocean when I did to get here."

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • ((Ya we do all have umbreon's don't we? But they are all unique, as they have their own different personalities))

-Raike rubbed his temple in annoyance. The person who kept addressing Anthony like that was being a bit rude. But Raike also wanted to know how we were supposed to fight it. If normal attacks didn't work on it, then what other option was there? It wasn't like some kind of ancient pokemon would show up that they could use. It wasn't like their pokemon could receive some sort of upgrade that would allow them to fight the darkness...right?-

-When Raike showed Raven, his thoughts, she too didn't know exactly. She knew that she had to get stronger somehow, but what would get her to the level she knew she needed to be was unclear to her. Honestly, people didn't give pokemon much credit when it came to thinking, but Pokemon probably put much more thought into everything. She did however, recall a special move that was used in the days of old to defeat a monster that matched the description of that which they were facing today, though she could remember what it was called, or how it was learned. She then relayed the information back to Raike.-

-Raike shrugged, sighing and stretching before holding out a hand to stop everyone-

"Well before we go any further, I think it would be appropriate for us to introduce ourselves, as it seems we will be working together in the near future...."

-Raike then used the same hand to motion to the other girl on the outer rim of the group, telling her to come closer-

"I guess I'll start, my name is Raike Destan, and this is my friend Raven, the Umbreon"

-Raven merely began to lick her paw at the mention at her name while lowering her eyelids, seeming bored-

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • "Kris, is it?" Anthony said addressing the buy talking to him, "I only just got the idea of going to Canalave Library a minute ago, if anything this phenomenon would have been created at the beginning of the world or more people would know about it, therefore if we are to defeat it, then our history begins with the origin of the world."

Turning to the rest of the group, "Nice to meet you Raike," Anthony said, "As you all know I am Anthony Stagg, and this here is my faithful Houndoom, Pitch." Pitch gave a small snort of fire.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Josh sighed, Anthony had more or less missed the entire point of his suggestion but he didn't feel like pointing it out. "Alright, your Anthony and thats Pitch, then theirs Raike and Raven, Miharu and Sei, Kris and Dusk, whoever has yet to get here, and the new girl who hasn't introduced herself yet" Josh finished. He thought about what he had just said for a second before continuing, "and how we get off this island is also a good question, I might be able to get someone from my engineering group to come pick us up, but they might not be able to either. Maybe we could try swimming but that doesn't sound like a very good idea either, so exactly what do we do?" he asked, hoping no one would come up with a quick-fix solution, he had been up thirty hours last he checked and would look for any excuse to fall asleep.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu rolled her eyes at the palpable drama and tension in the air, as well as Raike's bad change of conversation, especially since she had already asked everyone before too.

"I have already introduce myself," said Miharu, still petting Sei who was purring, "But I suppose I can introduce myself again. Mizushima Miharu, gym leader of Pallet Town. This is Sei, my Espeon. If anyone needs a ride to the library, I have several pokemon that can help including Sei."

Sei seemed to perk up at her name before nuzzling Miharu's hand which was still, almost absentmindlessly, petting her. Miharu put the other hand in her pocket. "With the cloud issue, it reminds me of a problem that I had saw in a Distortion World. Perhaps the two are related, but there are only two entrances to the Distortion World. One of which is gone and the other one is protected by a maze. It seems to change every hour so if we were to go there we would have to be quick in going through the puzzle. That is if we-"

Miharu was cut off from the phone ringing. She sighed before excusing herself, picking up the phone as she left, Sei following behind her. However, she forgot that her phone was on speakerphone so everyone could hear the other person yelling;

"WHERE ARE YOU MIZUSHIMA MIHARU?!" Miharu flushed and put the phone off of speaker phone, speaking rapidly and softly. After a few seconds, the flush was receding rapidly and she closed the phone with a sigh. Sei nuzzled Miharu's leg in comfort. Miharu walked back to the group, the blush coming back to her face.

"I apologize for my friend's...exuberance," said Miharu. "I had left the gym, and a whole bunch of challengers, for this call without any warning. I imagine that a lot of people are quite upset with me."

Miharu paused. "Either we go to the library first, we go to the Turnback Cave first, or we split up. If we are to split up, then I suggest teams. And obviously we have to split Kris and Anthony up." The sarcasm evident. "What does everyone think?"

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • -Raike scratched his head, closing his eyes, chuckling. He wondered how inexperienced some of these people might have been, or are right now. An anime styled sweat drop appeared on the back of his head, and another appeared on Raven's too.-

"Honestly,I used my shifting powers to get here, and I didn't see the monster on my way here either. I know it might not be the safest to use our shifting ,but the way I see it, It might be the only way, who's up for it?

Nakuzami

Years
  • Miharu answered her phone, which happened to be on speaker, and someone started screaming at her through it. Then something occured to me, "Pallet Town has a gym?" I thought out loud. Then I responded to Miharu's suggestion, "Turnback Cave, huh? Well, I agree we split up. Anthony can lead the research team at the library and Miharu could lead the rest to Turnback Cave." I paused, "I'll go to Turnback Cave. Also, Anthony would be safe, as long as I didn't just happen to find anything...deadly."

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Anthony took in Miharu's suggestion, any lead was a good lead. "As for getting of this island, we are shifters people, in the Aether Realm, time runs differently. Mirage Island is at least an hours walk from Pacifidlog town, if not more. For those that walked like me, it only took about just over half an hour. One step in the Aether Realm is around two to three steps in the real world."

"Miharu, any lead is a good lead, splitting up would be a good idea." He turned to the other people, "You now have a choice, you can follow me and Miharu to the main land where we can take the Trans-Regional Bullet Train to Sinnoh where we will split into two groups; one going to Turnback Cave and the Distortion World with Miharu here, and one going to Canalave Library with me. Or you can go back to your ordinary life. The Choice is yours." finished, he stood back up.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu smiled, the neutral and calm look disappearing and she actually looked her seventeen years of age. "Yes, Pallet Town has a gym. It was passed two years ago and if anyone wishes to challenge it, go right ahead. I welcome any opponents."

"As for getting of this island, we are shifters people, in the Aether Realm, time runs differently. Mirage Island is at least an hours walk from Pacifidlog town, if not more. For those that walked like me, it only took about just over half an hour. One step in the Aether Realm is around two to three steps in the real world."

"Miharu, any lead is a good lead, splitting up would be a good idea." He turned to the other people, "You now have a choice, you can follow me and Miharu to the main land where we can take the Trans-Regional Bullet Train to Sinnoh where we will split into two groups; one going to Turnback Cave and the Distortion World with Miharu here, and one going to Canalave Library with me. Or you can go back to your ordinary life. The Choice is yours." finished, he stood back up.

"As for Anthony's group being able to head towards the library, my Gallade should be able to teleport you all there. So far it is Kris and me heading to the Turnback Cave but we need to leave quickly. It is close to a new hour."

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Josh was slightly annoyed, mostly because he was tired but also slightly irritated because he was going to have to ditch the bridge project to help them. "I'll come with you guys, but I have to visit Slateport to tell my engineering group why I have to ditch on the project" he said, and waited for a reaction from anybody.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • -Raike yawned obnoxiously , scratching his head a bit, coming to a decision.-

"We don't have much of a choice now do we? I mean if we don't do this, then the world perishes or whatever, right? Ehh, I think I'm going to be going with Miharu, to Turnback cave. No offense to you Ant, but reading and books are really not my style. I like fighting better,much much better.

-Raven nodded, confirming the statement before yawning also and glaring at Raike-

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu shrugged. "Technically, if Josh wants to continue his project that he can. In case something happens, it would be nice to have at least one person who will be able to help any of us if we do not come in contact for awhile. Just, give me Josh's phone number. My phone has access to anyplace except for the Aether realm, but I am still working on that one."

Miharu paused. "It is nice of Raike to join me, but please, do not take traveling to the Distortion World lightly. There are many strong pokemon at Turnback Cave, so be warned not to take things so lightly. I will have to save my strongest for Giritina if we want to make out of the Distortion World alive."

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • "Well I don't think you will worry about me, I've been there before, we both have. I was searching for a Dusclops, and was just about to catch one when Giratina appeared."

-Raike began to scratch his head, closing his eyes.-

"Unfortunately I was only able to fight it off, I partly wanted to catch it, but it wouldn't have been right... Anyway, If we're going over there, then it means I'll get another chance at Dusclops! So what are we waiting for?"

-Raike began to enter the shifting process, his eyes becoming red like Raven's. Her rings began to glow as well, same as her eyes. However, when his body was only halfway into the Aether realm, the same darkness they had been talking about a few minutes ago, appeared in front of him. Raike was unable to do anything, as the process wasn't complete. The cloud formed into that of a steelix, though it was incredibly dark. It then charged him, breaking his concentration, and blowing him back a few feet. He tumbled for a while, then slid the rest of the way, landing on his back. He stood up covering his face with his hand. When he took it off, It revealed that one eye was red and one was blue.-

"Wh-... what the hell? That thing came came out of nowhere! But why do you guys look so... transparent? But you also look normal... what the hell just happened to me? This world looks... colorless, but I'm not in the Aether realm am I?

Last edited:
    Back