• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EVENT] Darkrai's Night Of Terror (OOC+SU)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    300px-Darkrai_M10.png

Darkrai's Night Of Terror

a Halloween event RP, rated M
    BUT: don't go overboard!

The dark eve of Halloween falls over Hoenn. Human children dress up as monsters, witches and scary pokémon, full of glee and ready to take on the wonders of the night ahead of them. Little do they know that there are others who are also getting ready to scare... But these don't take treats as an offer.

High above the region, Darkrai's dark castle rests on the clouds. His minions are ready to descend to Earth and do his evil bidding - in order to stay afloat, his castle needs a very special kind of energy and tonight is the best night of the year to collect it. Human fright.

You are a pokémon in Darkrai's ranks, and you will go down to Hoenn to begin your work - complete scare missions and impress your boss.

A mission only means that you need to scare some people. Try to be creative, use the environment around you and make interesting use of your chosen moves! Who to scare? You decide. This event is all about being creative with the horror genre. You may make up and make use of any NPCs you can imagine. Even canon ones like gym leaders etc.

PLEASE NOTE that even if this RP is rated M in the good spirit of Halloween, we don't want you to go too graphic with injuries and gore or adult themes of any kind. Keep it tasteful - making your readers want to vomit is not scary and won't exactly earn you plus points.

oOo

You get to choose where to start on the map, and can move on once you have successfully completed a mission in your current area. It is assumed that you have special void powers granted by Darkrai and can transport quickly between areas even if you don't normally fly or surf.

Humans aren't scared well in quick succession - if you try to scare in the same area as the last poster you won't impress Darkrai as much. It's up to you to work out if you're scaring in a good location! To avoid this problem, why not collaborate? You will both receive extra points for a joint scare! However, you can't do a mission together with another player twice in a row - you have to do a solo mission or a mission together with a different player in between.Use your brains and decide when to collaborate and when to maximise your own points.

You can not scare people twice in a row in the same area - but you can move to a different area and then come back if you want to scare in the same area again. If you accidentally do this you'll receive zero points for the second post.

Points are given out by Adventure and Magic at the end of the RP. The winner receives an emblem and a place in the Roleplay Corner's spotlight for at least a few weeks. Such honor.

Summary:
    +5 = Successful Scare
    +1 = Poor Scare (You have scared in the same location as the last poster)
    BONUS +3 Each = Joint Scare​

oOo

Map (warning large image)
    Spoiler:

oOo

PC username:

Character nickname:

Pokémon Species: (any non-legendary)

Pokémon moveset: (four moves! Can be any that the pokémon can learn according to the games. TM and HM and Egg moves etc are allowed)​

GOOD HINT: joint scares are best done via a so called "joint post", or JP as we call them. You can type one up together by sending a Private Message here on PC back and forth and building on to the text a little bit at a time until you have got a finished scare post to post! Another way is to go to titanpad or etherpad, get a color each and write live until your scare is finished and can be posted.

IC THREAD TO GO LIVE ON FRIDAY 24th OCTOBER

Last edited by a moderator:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Oh yeah! I just love Role Playing!

PC Username: YALN

Character Nickname: Delare

Pokemon Species: Chandelure

Pokemon Movesets:
    ~Flame Burst
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Trick Room
    ~Energy Ball

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
    Years
  • Well, I'll go for a non-Ghost type, because I'm hipster like that.

PC Tag: Plumbum
    Character Name: You
    Character Species: Ditto
    Move: Transform

Quick Question? Obviously, in-game Ditto can maintain a Transformation only during one battle. What are the rules on Transformation here? How long can You be transformed and does it have to be something it's seen, or something it can currently see, etc.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, I'll go for a non-Ghost type, because I'm hipster like that.

PC Tag: Plumbum
    Character Name: You
    Character Species: Ditto
    Move: Transform

Quick Question? Obviously, in-game Ditto can maintain a Transformation only during one battle. What are the rules on Transformation here? How long can You be transformed and does it have to be something it's seen, or something it can currently see, etc.

I'd say it should be something it can see, to reflect how it's temporary in battles.

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Oh, goodie! This is PERFECT! <3 I have a bit of a busy schedule, but I'd really like to give this one a go. Anyway.... here it is~

PC username: MurkMire

Character nickname: Sandman

Pokémon Species: Hypno

Pokémon moveset: Hypnosis, Poison Gas, Psychic, Nightmare

Listen to my Lullaby, my lovelies... <3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    PC username: Julius Caesar

Character nickname: Mystro

Pokémon Species: Gengar

Pokémon moveset:

Dream Eater-Perish Song
    Curse-Dark Pulse

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    PC Username: Gelius3

Character Nickname: Dark

Pokemon Species: Dusclops

Pokemon Moveset:

Dark Pulse - Earthquake
    Fire Punch - Shadow Ball

Here is it!

Years
  • Creative use of powers is my specialty! Time for some scary Halloween pranks from the MASTER OF THE MIND!

PC username: Godzil

Character nickname: Spoony

Pokémon Species: Kadabra

Pokémon moveset: Teleport, Telekinesis, Psycho Cut, Psybeam

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • This looks absolutely amazing and I'm 100% getting involved.

PC Username: VeranithasVI
    Character Nickname: Charles
    Pokémon Species: Gourgeist
    Pokémon Moveset:
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Scary Face
    - Phantom Force​

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • PC username: Nakuzami
    Character nickname: Delano
    Pokémon Species: Zorua
    Pokémon moveset: Night Daze, Dig, Incinerate, Grass Knot

Time to instill terror in the hearts of men.

Years
  • eh why the hell not

PC Username: gimmepie
    Character Name: Noir
    Pokemon Species: Noivern
    Pokemon Moveset: Dark Pulse | Supersonic | Hurricane | Moonlight

Years
  • Eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh sure why not.

PC username: RedJ

Character nickname: Marie

Pokémon Species: Banette

Pokémon moveset: Screech/Will-O-Wisp/Phantom Force/Thief

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • I might as well join. I'm not seeing very much love for Dark types so far, so I'll pitch in with one of my favorites!

PC username: Cosmic Fury
    Pokémon Species: Tyranitar
    Pokémon Name: Doomsday
    Moves: Earthquake, Flamethrower, Thunder, Dark Pulse

Years
  • So many Dark or Ghost types. We also have a Normal type and a couple Psychic types, but no love for other types? Doesn't anyone know a scary Poison or Fire type?

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Hi there. I noticed you were wondering about some scary Poison or Fire-type Pokemon. I can list a few...

Poison: Weezing, Muk, Swalot, Ariados, and possibly Roserade. Again, imagination is the key here.

Fire: Delphox, and... well, that's pretty much it.

Honestly, I don't see most Fire-types all that scary, excluding the lines of Chandelure and Houndoom.

I hope I was of help!

Last edited:
    Back