• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Microsoft rolling out 60+ updates on Tuesday

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Lol, I guess Im going to do theese. If there is a IE9 update, maybe they'll do new back/redo stuff, honestly its uglier and worst then the previous.
I started using IE again a while ago, so yeah xD
yeah I tried firefox, opera, google chrome, and many others
This is allot.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
I've heard the new IE is actually pretty good.

I hope all those updates aren't huge, I can deal if they're 60+ little bug patches but if they're updates to existing programs or something I will not be happy.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I rarely use my Windows partition...maybe once or twice a month...and I update it even less than that XD so this probably won't affect me to much...

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Yeah, I'll definitely be updating as I too like to keep my computer up to date. 60+ seems like a lot though. o__O

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
This doesn't sound that bad, I've been through installing 90+ updates on windows before. :P There's a possibility that I'll be updating, I'm just a bit concerned about what may happen after I install the updates.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
The chances of something going wrong with your computer because of a routine security update are minimal. It's not like you're updating major versions or adding new features, it's just a patch for a security hole. You won't even notice these updates, even if there are 60 of them. I highly doubt they will cause any issues. :/

Years
You'd be surprised. What made me go to Vista wasn't my choice. I tried installing an XP service pack when it was still XP, but something screwed it up and it wouldn't boot correctly. I think I'm going to make a restore point tonight just in case something does screw up.

Just to be safe.

Service packs and updates are a totally different deal, though. Do a restore point, sure. But providing the power isn't cut during the updates, all should be fine.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Yeah, pretty much what Jake said. This is just pointless FUD. Unless you're a large business, there's no reason not to keep up to date on your updates.

Years
I will get these updates as they are SECURITY UPDATES. You do not skip out on those, as they are only patching security holes and are not adding functionality. Service packs are a whole different animal.

Also, IE 9 is already out in a recommended security update for Windows 7 anyways. I would also like to note that it is also much faster than IE 8 was from a cold start, and the browser it most resembles is Chrome.

twocows

Years
if there is an IE9 update, I am skipping it. I hate IE and I never, ever use it. Ever.
IE is tied in to your internet security settings and a lot of programs use it for various purposes. Refusing to update it because you don't start it is an uninformed move.

twocows

Years
What I meant was like, downloading the update for upgrading IE8 to IE9. I'll do any security patches, but not get IE9. It'd be a waste of space.
I meant exactly what I said. IE is tied into your security settings and used by a number of programs for web connectivity. You really ought to upgrade, it's not like it takes any more space than IE8.

Back