• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite TV Shows?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
What kind of shows do you usually like to watch, and do you have a favorite show (or shows)?

I'm usually more of a comedy/sit-com person, when I get some free time I want to laugh. :P Right now, my favorite shows are probably Psych and How I Met Your Mother.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
I really like good dramas but, I also like sitcom/comedys sometimes too.

Favorite show of all time: Breaking Bad :3
But i also like Psych, Sopranos, Friends, Seinfeld, etc.

Outlier

The Wire is the best show of all time and I won't hear otherwise.

Years
I do not watch much TV at all nowadays. The only things on TV that I watch are sports, Wheeler Dealers and 5th Gear.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I watch a lot of television and I love a lot of them, but whenever someone asks me what my utmost favorite show is currently, it's always a hard choice between Revenge and Orphan Black. I consider it a tie between the two.

I'm a drama (especially supernatural-type dramas) nerd, so while I watch some comedies, I enjoy dramas more because of their overlapping plotlines, deeper character developments, and suspense. Oh, and the drama (duh!).

An all time favorite would be a tossup between Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Ghost Whisperer, Xena Warrior Princess, and Prison Break. The ultimate Sophie's choice.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
I posted some of these in my profile, but her are some of my favs:
adventure time, regular show, dads, the simpsons, family guy, chopped, the big bang theory, and teen titans.
I also watch a couple of anime shows.

Years
I watch a lot of cartoons on TV, but the two cartoons I follow the most are Adventure Time and the Total Drama series. And since the 11th season premiered, I've been watching NCIS with my parents on Tuesday nights.

Years
I mainly watch Sports, PBS, Local news, NBC Nightly news and "The Andy Griffth Show" (Oh the joys of having nothing but an ANTENNA)
Anyways, I also watch "The Michael J. Fox Show" and "The Crazy Ones" every chance I get because 1. They come on TOO LATE and 2. Because I'm still in High School

Years
I'm really picky when it comes to TV shows, so I can't really say I like one specific genre because I don't like most of the shows in the category. I do like cartoons and anime, mainly, but I usually will enjoy anything that can make me laugh.

Some of my favorite non-animes are Avatar: the Last Airbender, the Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, the Big Bang Theory, the Middle, Frasier, Cheers, Merlin, and almost all the shows on HGTV. I was watching and enjoying Game of Thrones, but I don't really have time to watch it right now and I want to read the second book before I continue.

Favorite animes are FMA, FMAB, Princess Tutu, Ouran, Gankutsuou, Digimon, Zoids, Wolf's Rain, and Trigun.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
No other show has captured my heart and captivated my soul quite like NBC's 30 Rock. Pretty sure I've watched each episode at least a dozen times. The Sopranos would be a close second.

Currently-running shows I'm in love with the most would probably be Louie on the comedy side, and Justified on the drama side, but I love most of the shows I watch (yeah even The Newsroom sometimes). I reckon we've been in this Golden Age of Television for quite a while now. There are so many great shows airing at the moment, and that's including foreign shows like the UK's Peep Show and France's Les Revenants. There is certainly no shortage of good TV right now.

Years
I can't say that I don't watch TV anymore, because I'll watch it if my family's watching. That being said, I don't watch it as much as I used to. Most TV series' that I watch, I watch through Netflix or download them. Through these, I'm watching The Walking Dead, Glee, Game of Thrones, and Doctor Who.

I only watch wrestling, Duck Dynasty, and the occasional hockey game if one's on that entices me.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Lately I like watching a local variant of Family Feud called New Famili 100, and other than that, I like watching parodies like Opera Van Java.

Outlier

So, you really like Wire, huh? Why is it so good in your opinion?

Well first off the writing is brilliant but I guess anyone could say that about any show they like so I'll try and elaborate as best I can.

When I started watching The Wire I didn't appreciate the somewhat slow paced and episodic nature of the show, but the way everything just develops and comes together throughout the series is masterfully done in my opinion. There are so many intriguing characters and different story arcs going on and it really begins to hook you in after a few episodes.

The way I see it is the main character of The Wire is actually the city of Baltimore. And you get to see the city from the perspective of various different people from very different walks of life; police, politicians, drug dealers, addicts, youths, union workers ect.

If I had one major criticism of this show it's that there isn't a whole lot of action. But I think that's because The Wire intentionally goes out if it's way not to glorify any particular group too much. Whether it's a cop trying to get leads on a case or just some kid on the street pushing dope The Wire tries to portray the daily grind as gritty and as realistic as possible.

Just an all around great show. The best in my not so humble opinion. Have you watched it? I got the sense that you thought/think it's overrated based on the way you asked me why it's so good. I'd honestly recommend it to anyone.

Years
There are a range of shows I like, but I'd say I go more for mystery/detective shows like CSI, Elementary, and Hannibal. Those three actually each have a different aspect I like. CSI (at least in the beginning) was about the cases each episode, and you only slowly built up a picture of who the characters were outside of work. The show is (was?) about the cases and the mystery. Elementary has really good character dynamics and development. Hannibal is dark and stylish. And suspenseful because you know most of what's happening, but the characters don't.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
Years
I religiously watch the same shows over and over again which are almost all comedies or sitcoms.

There's the obvious ones like TBBT, HIMYM, 2 broke girls, New Girl, modern family and Glee. I also watch British comedy shows, which idk if they air in America or not, those are things like 8 out of 10 cats, live at the apollo, Russell Howard's Good News, Not Going Out, and Lunch Monkey's (which my dad wrote XD) Also Adventure time, Family Guy, Cleveland Show and Futurama.

I also watch Sherlock, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad (occasionally) Also like Hollyoaks sometimes :)

My favourite shows of all time are Arthur, Scrubs and Friends though. Atm I'm watching I'm A Celebrity, and I really want either Laila or Joey Essex to win

Last edited:

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I never really watch TV (too much reality show crap) but there are a few shows which are undeniably good:

Breaking Bad
The Mentalist
Sherlock (BBC series)
Dexter
Game of Thrones

That's about all I'm following now (well, except for Breaking Bad, goodbye show :( ).

Years
I have to say I tend to watch shows that my friends watch, whether they bring it up or not. At the moment, I'm really into Doctor Who, BBC Sherlock, and I guess New Day on CNN which I always find myself watching every morning before school. I love Supernatural as well, although I'm not really following season 9 so much.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Alright let see:
Dr.Who
Game of Thrones. (though the books are better :P)
The Big Bang Theory
Psych
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Tosh.0
South Park
Castle
Pokemon
Sword Art Online
Family Guy (even after the whole Brian thing :'( )
American Dad
The Cleveland Show

I plan on giving this "Rick & Morty show a try...looks weird...I like weird.

Back