• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
  • I was hoping someone would remake this thread!

On Ruby and LG lately I've just been trying to beat the game. On LG I have 3 badges, but I skipped Surge, and on Ruby I have 1.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Oh yes! Also after some chillaxing in Petalburg Woods (and watching a lot of episodes of Is It a Good Idea to Microwave This?) I caught myself a Shroomish. Having no clue what to call it, I look up and Jory delivers the catchphrase: "...and nobody likes roasted nuts." I am then reminded of that little thing they did in Sootopolis with the big Shroomish and Barboach hunters. Cue Immature Joke Sensor going into overdrive...

Roasty | female Shroomish
    Lv 6 | Quirky | Effect Spore

* Absorb
    * Tackle

Fought Roxanne. A few Critical Hitting Absorbs and some training beforehand kicked Roasty up to level 10, at which point she learned Leech Seed. A fierce battle ensued between Roasty and Nosepass, with Nosepass having the lead by five levels. Cue Leech Seed and an awful lot of Absorbs... it reminded me of that one epic battle I had in Sapphire between Breloom and Slaking. Oh maaaan, that was the most awesome battle I've ever played... but anyway. After about three Potions and an Oran berry, Roasty scored a Critical Hit and knocked Nosepass down to a sliver of red. Leech Seed kicked in... and WOOSH!

Roasty pwn't all three of Roxanne's Pokémon, all of which were at least three levels higher than she was, and I never even had to use Juan to cover for her. Is that an awesome Shroomish or what?

I then moved on to Dewford. Cloud, contrary to my belief, was pretty much useless in Brawly's gym, probably because her Defense was too low or something. Anyway, Juan (who evolved into a Marshtomp from my brief training in Granite Cave beforehand) was the real star of the show here. Water Gun worked very well against Makuhita. Anyway, I kicked Brawly the Surfer Man's sorry tail, got Bulk Up (which I'll probably never use) and, more importantly, the ability to use Flash. Up I go to Granite Cave again, ready to evolve... someone. Cloud or Roasty, whoever.

So I pass the Escape Rope spot I emptied the previous excursion (and tried to find my way around without a map or a Flash - bad idea) and went to the next floor, catching myself a Sableye who I'm not going to use except as a Flash slave in this case. I named him Hustler. So Hustler uses Flash and I walk around, warding off Arons and other stray Sableyes who are for some reason envious of Hustler being taken captive by Enemy General Julia. Didn't catch anything else cool in this cave, except for a Zubat I thought about using but decided against.

You know the drill: meet Steven, get Steel Wing, get TFO. And so I did.

Went to Slateport, and thought long and hard for a few hours about what to rename Cloud as - 'Cloud' wasn't as cool a name as I thought. After thinking for a bit I decided on the most awesome name I could muster at 9:00 PM - Enigma. Juan and Roasty stayed the same. I went to talk to Dock, fought off the Grunts (Roasty was a godsend), and after a quick three-battle run in the Battle Tent (where I got a Full Heal for my efforts and further reinforced my opinion that Magnemite and Electrike are the most awesome Electric-types on the planet), I went up some and beat some pitiful Pokéfans.

Now, the Pokéfans Isabel and Someone were a lot of fun to fight - they had a Plusle and Minun each, and each one wasted a turn using Helping Hand on the other! I swear the Universe would have exploded if they both went through, but Emerald deemed the second HH invalid. Phew. Beat them after some Synchorize and Stun Spore abuse, and got to training mah Pogermans all up to level 20.

My team as follows:

Enigma - Timid female Ralts- L18
    Roasty - Quirky female Shroomish - L18
    Juan - Bold male Marshtomp - L20

My plan is to evolve Enigma and Roasty before I move on.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    So far my Team is pretty Lame, But i plan on Working on it.
    I have:
    Ivysaur level 26
    Leech Seed
    Razor leaf
    Tackle
    Sleep Powder

Pidgeotto level 26
    Gust
    Quick Attack
    Tackle
    Whirlwhind

And..

Parasect level 24
    Stun Spore
    Poison Powder
    Dig
    Cut

Yeah i know, its a Suck team...

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Well, I evolved Enigma into a Kirlia in hopes of getting some better moves upon evolution (the only offensive attack the poor girl has is Confusion). I bought some Harbor Mail, kicked Brendan's sorry tail (hey that rhymed), and walked into the streets of Mauville ready to... get a bike and a Badge, among other things.

Well, the first thing I did was trade my useless Harbor Mail for a Coin Case, which I've decided I'm never going to use after looking at the price of TM Psychic. Geez. [shudders] And Thunderbolt I won't bother with, because I'll be getting TM Shockwave in a few minutes to use on my future Magneton - yeah, I'll be using a Magneton. As well as another excuse to name something mechanical 'Helio', I need an Electric-type and I know from playing through Sapphire with him that this guy is one of the better slot-fillers. Anyway, onto Wattson.

So Juan, being a Ground-type with Mud Shot, breezed through this place. Voltorb? One turn of Rollout before getting Mud-shot. Electrike didn't even attack before it dropped. Magneton, after sending out a Sonicboom which didn't do much, also dropped to the might of Mud Shot. And then there was Manectric... he was the only one who gave me trouble. Mud Shot didn't faint him, and he kept using Howl to boost... something. Attack, I believe. Anyway, he healed with a Sitrus Berry and kept Howling until repetitions of Mud Shot and one critical-hit Tackle made him drop. And with that Wattson infected me with the WAHAHA virus and, more importantly, forked over the Dynamobadge.

And now I'm healing with my level 26 Marshtomp and the other two, who haven't changed much. Both are still level 20, and I really need to evolve Roasty soon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I beat Maxie on Ruby and I'm trying to get Cuttin'! (Combusken) to evolve before Flannery.

Don't feel like posting pictures, but...and yes, the movesets are supposed to be bad. It's a challenge.

Cuttin'!/Combusken lv. 33
    Cut
    Strength
    Ember
    Rock Smash

Aere/Breloom lv. 29
    Strength
    Flash
    Leech Seed
    Rock Smash

Deka/Mawile lv. 29
    Strength
    Rock Smash
    Fake Tears
    Faint Attack

Mara/Skarmory lv. 28
    Peck
    Cut
    Rock Smash
    Agility

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I beat Maxie on Ruby and I'm trying to get Cuttin'! (Combusken) to evolve before Flannery.

Don't feel like posting pictures, but...and yes, the movesets are supposed to be bad. It's a challenge.

Cuttin'!/Combusken lv. 33
    Cut
    Strength
    Ember
    Rock Smash

Aere/Breloom lv. 29
    Strength
    Flash
    Leech Seed
    Rock Smash

Deka/Mawile lv. 29
    Strength
    Rock Smash
    Fake Tears
    Faint Attack

Mara/Skarmory lv. 28
    Peck
    Cut
    Rock Smash
    Agility

Man... U really are up to a challenge .
    Anyways from my FR I migrated these 6

BUTTERFREE Lv. 21 Item : Rare Candy
    DODORIO Lv. 56 Item : Master Ball (never used that )
    SUICUNE Lv. 59 (yes , I caught him and not with the MB ! It is in an Ultra Ball )
    MEWTWO Lv. 73 ( The Cerulean Cave )
    CHARMANDER Lv. 2 Item : Apicot Berry ( some hax to get 999 Apicot Berrys )
    ARBOK Lv. 39 ( Just an Arbok I evolved from Ekans 4 Pkdex )

^ This was for filloing my Pkdex and Boxes . Now I am too lazy to turn on Sapphire and migrate ^

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Okay, one was older, one was newer, and the old was in the wrong forum. So, they've been merged. Carry on with your journies. :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Wow, just found this section, kwl.

So, i've just restarted my Emerald Game.

-Chose character name and gender
    -went and saved Prof. Birch from the Zigzagoon
    -Got Torchic, nickname "Blaze" (Jolly first time, how lucky??)
    -Went and battered Brendaon on route 103
    -Got given pokedex and pokeballs
    -went catching in Route 101, caught Wurmple (m and f)
    -caught a poochyena
    -caught a wingull, nickname "gullywings" (i nicknamed wingull that the first time i
    played Emerald, as it was my first pokemon game) on Route 103
    -Went through Route 102
    -Caught an Adamant Zigzagoon, nickname "Ziggyzoom"
    -Caught m and f Ralts, Timid and Jolly (sadly jolly is female, so no migrating for a gallade)
    -Caught Lotad, nickname "Tads"
    -Arrived in Petalburg City
    -Helped Wally catch his Ralts
    -Trekked through Petalburg Woods to Rustboro
    -Caught Marill, Shroomish m and f (Jolly and Gentle), Silcoon, Cascoon, Taillow m and f
    -Blaze evolved
    -Ziggyzoom reached lv.10
    -Arrived in Rustboro City
    -Traded Jolly Female Ralts for Dots the Seedot with Kobe
    -Caught Abra, Whismur on Route 116
    -Challenged Rustboro Gym
    -Received Rustboro Gym Badge
    -Chased Aqua Grunt through Route 116 into Rusturf Tunnel
    -Caught Nincada
    -Ziggyzoom dealt Aqua Grunt a lot of Headbutting
    -Went back to Littleroot Town, adding everyone in newly received PokeNav
    -Caught Slakoth in Petalburg Woods
    -Went to Dewford
    -Challenged Dewford Gym
    -Brawly's Makuhite took down Blaze, then dispatched Ziggyzoom and Slakoth (HM Slave) with Arm Thrust 1HKOs
    -Went through Granite Cave to meet Steven
    -Caught Zubat, Naive, and Aron.
    -Delivered Letter
    -Returned to Dewford Town and got an Old Rod
    -Fished up and caught a Magikarp
    -Hitched a ride on Mr Briney's boat to Petalburg
    -Went to Devon Hq and got given Exp. Share
    -Returned to Dewford

Current Activity: Deciding whether to Challenge Brawly, or plod on to Slateport, deliver Devon Goods, meet Archie and level up Zubat until it gets Wing Attack

Current Team:
    263.png

Ziggyzoom lv.14
    Adamant
    Pickup
    37/19/21/27/13/20
    Tackle
    Sand Attack
    Tail Whip
    Heabutt

41.png

CroGoZu lv.9
    Naive
    Inner Focus
    28/14/14/18/12/12
    Leech Life
    Supersonic

287.png

Slakoth lv.5
    Hardy
    Truant
    HM Moves:
    Cut

256.png

Blaze lv.21
    Jolly
    Blaze
    60/41/32/34/39/35
    Scratch
    Peck
    Double Kick
    Ember

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Restarted Pokemon FireRed and spent a while resetting for an Adamant Charmander. Finally got one and set off on my journey.

Did the boring 'get-Oak's-parcel-and-bring-it-back-to-him-because-he's-too-lazy-to-go-and-get-it-himself' quest and then trained Charmander a bit. I also caught a Pidgey to use as a HM Slave.

Current Team

Spr_3f_004.png

Charmander♂ - Lv.9
    Adamant
    - Scratch
    - Growl
    - Ember

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Emerald:

-Boxed away CroGoZu
    -Decided to go to Slateport
    -Battled way through Slateport Beach
    -Delivered Devon Goods
    -Won Battle Tent Once
    -Went back to Dewford
    -Beat Brawly
    -Went Back to Slateport
    -Battled Up Route 110 to Trick House
    -Completed Trick House Challenge, during which, Ziggyzoom evolved
    -Obliterated Route 103
    -Returned to Slateport Poke Center
    -Healed Pokes, saved and quit.

Current Team:

264.png

Ziggyzoom lv.21
    Adamant
    Pickup
    66/45/37/34/35/54
    Tackle
    Odor Sleuth
    Swagger
    Heabutt

287.png

Slakoth lv.5
    Hardy
    Truant
    HM Moves:
    Cut

256.png

Blaze lv.24
    Jolly
    Blaze
    68/47/36/44/39/38
    Scratch
    Peck
    Double Kick
    Ember

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
  • Ok

In Silph. Co:

With:

Level 51 Blastiose

Level 10 Pidgy HM SLAVE FOR FLY

Level 3 Rattata HM SLAVE FOR ROCK SMASH AND CUT

Level 5 Pikcahu HM SLAVE FOR FLASH

IndigoPlateau

Captain of the Awesome Team
    Years
  • I never really payed much attention to my LeafGreen game. FireRed had always been my main game (130+ hours), but now that I found out my nine year-old brother started over on it, I've decided to play both FR and LG equally.

I'll keep you guys updated as I play through both games.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Played some more of FireRed today. I went out onto Route 22 and attempted to catch an Adamant Spearow, the first one I found turned out to be Adamant. That made my day. I then trained Spearow and Charmander in Viridian Forest, they both got to level 11 and then I took on Green (my rival). The result was expected, I easily won.

Current Team
    Spr_3f_004.png

Charmander♂ - Lv.11
    Adamant
    - Scratch
    - Growl
    - Ember

Spr_3f_021.png

Spearow♂ - Lv.11
    Adamant
    - Peck
    - Growl
    - Leer

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I restarted my Leaf Green about 20 minutes ago, currently I'm up to Viridian Forest with only one pokemon,

dpmfa001.png
    , Level 10
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Leech Seed
    - Vine Whip

IndigoPlateau

Captain of the Awesome Team
    Years
  • Boo-yah! I trained my Charmander up to level 14 and defeated Brock for my first gym badge. My Pidgey didn't see any action in the less-than-epic battle, so it's still stuck at level 11. I'll train it up as I pass through Route 3, though. Plenty of opportunities to gain levels there.

iShini

Go, Mah Giant Piplup!
    Years
  • In the latest adventures of Shy in Emerald...

After kicking Juan's suave butt a few months back and leveled her team to level 50 altogether, she challenged the Elite Four and the Champion! Let's say the most dramatic battles was against Drake's Flygon and against Wallace's Ludicolo. Nontheless, she and her team emerged victorious.

Shy's team consists of the following:

Swampert, female, Nimue
    Return, Earthquake, Surf, Waterfall

Aggron, female, Rikah
    Rock Tomb, Iron Tail, Rock Smash, Strengh

Gardevoir, female, Chisame
    Substitute, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Psychic

Magcargo, male, Hiku
    Flamethrower, Overheat, Yawn, Rock Slide

Cacturne, female, Crowess
    Sandstorm, Faint Attack, Giga Drain, Needle Arm

Manectric, female, Ginchiyo
    Bite, Thunder, Shock Wave, Return

Future plans are to explore the Battle Frontier of course. C=

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
  • Started My Emerald Game:

Picked Treecko as my starter:

Nickname: SAUD

Level: 10

Move Set:
    ~ Pound
    ~ Leer
    ~ Absorb

Nature: Adamant

Reached Petalburg City

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I just started my Ruby over.

I chose Treecko as a starter and on my first try got a female.

I nicknamed her Myrtle and she has a brave nature.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back