• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are some Pokemon types you'd like to see in the future?

Kelton2

Yes, That One
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
I always get mad that no one has any theories for new types. I'd like to see:
Robot-type (could be used for machine-like Pokemon, if they make any. They'd probably use Steel for such Pokemon, but I think that there should be a dedicated type.)
Magic-type: OH GOD we need this one. They could make so many Pokemon with this. Basically, it could be a type for Pokemon that were good at using magical abilities. (Yeah, that was VERY poorly worded.) More what we should see are Magic-type moves, and then Magic-type Pokemon to get attack bonus on them.

Anyway, that's all I can think of right now, and I bet you guys have WAY better ideas than I do.

Years
I always get mad that no one has any theories for new types. I'd like to see:
Robot-type (could be used for machine-like Pokemon, if they make any. They'd probably use Steel for such Pokemon, but I think that there should be a dedicated type.)
Magic-type: OH GOD we need this one. They could make so many Pokemon with this. Basically, it could be a type for Pokemon that were good at using magical abilities. (Yeah, that was VERY poorly worded.) More what we should see are Magic-type moves, and then Magic-type Pokemon to get attack bonus on them.

Anyway, that's all I can think of right now, and I bet you guys have WAY better ideas than I do.

Sorry bruv, but aren't those two basically steel and psychic? ._.

Um, anyway, I think a Sound type would be pretty neat. And a meat type! Alright that'd be pretty creepy.

Kelton2

Yes, That One
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
Actually, I think a Sound type would be a good idea as well.
And sorry, stupid me forgot about Psychic.....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Magic is covered by Psychic, Dragon and Fairy imo.

Sound type is well needed though. It's got to do with air, but not quite in the way Flying type does it. Flying type is wind and physically flying (or otherwise airborne moves, Acrobatics I'm looking at you) but Sound is more about the manipulation of air into shockwaves. Some bug moves could probably fit into this too, and all the singing moves and Supersonic.

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
Years
I personally would be all for something like a Radiation-Type (not necessarily with that name). A nuclear Pokémon would just be awesome. I mean, it's sort of covered by Electric and Fire and Poison, to an extent; but radiation isn't the same as fire, or electricity, and it isn't poisonous in the same way that Poison-Types are typically poisonous. I think there's potential there (Selfdestruct and Explosion could maybe have some special effect if used by a Radiation-Type Pokémon; sort of how Curse works differently with Ghost-Types than any other types).

A Sound-Type is definitely a good idea too. Whismur and its family really need to be Sound-Types or something.

Maybe a Vacuum-Type? Super-effective against Flying-Types (or hypothetical Sound-Types) maybe. Something space-related maybe. Deoxys would be an amazing Psychic/Vacuum-Type. That just sounds fantastic, in my opinion.

A Plastic-Type is something that could be awesome; not necessarily plastic, but something artificial. Maybe Digital-Type, or something. I'm of course thinking of Porygon here.

Some ideas, anyway.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It'd be pretty sweet if they'd given us an "alien" type. There's a lot of Pokémon out there already that fit this category such as Clefairy, Deoxys, Lunatone, and Solrock, so this should make it easier for them to have it actually implemented. Aliens could be super-effective against normal, fairy, and ghost maybe, and their weaknesses could be dark and dragon. As for immunities, they probably wouldn't have any. Aside from alien, sound-type would be nice as well, and perhaps even plastic. One Pokémon that could be re-typed to plastic is Voltorb, as its whole body looks plastic-like (at least to me anyway). Same goes for Electrode. d:

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I would want a type that acts differently from all others.
It would act like this:
It has no resistances, and no strengths.
NO Pokemon with this type would be dual-types. If they are this type, they are only this type.
If a Pokemon with this type is attacked by another type, that Pokemon adds that type to it's typing.
For example: If a Pokemon with this type is attacked by a normal attack, it becomes ? / Normal type, where ? represents the new type. The Pokemon is now weak to fighting. However, if next turn it is attacked by a fire attack, it will be ? / Fire, removing the normal typing, and replacing it with fire.

This type would be interesting to see implemented and would create some very creative and strange battle strategies. I would love to see this type in the games.

Sound type is a great idea, Light, too.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I always get mad that no one has any theories for new types.
But people come up with new types (or revisit previous ideas) all the time. Not sure how you're quite missing that. =p
But I really think there should be a Light type. I know that Fairy is already a counter towards Dark, but think of all the possibilities!
Arguably the best chance for that was in 5th gen, with Zekrom/Reshiram and the Ying/Yang motif for the games. But really, Dark types have a counterpart in Fighting types (dirty fighting as opposed to 'pure' fighting), so I don't think Light types fit well either, given the moves that are Dark type and their nature. Can't say I see fairies as quite the counter to Dark either, seems to be more general than that to me (what with the dragon immunity and all).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
It'd be pretty sweet if they'd given us an "alien" type. There's a lot of Pokémon out there already that fit this category such as Clefairy, Deoxys, Lunatone, and Solrock, so this should make it easier for them to have it actually implemented. Aliens could be super-effective against normal, fairy, and ghost maybe, and their weaknesses could be dark and dragon. As for immunities, they probably wouldn't have any.

I've been saying this for years, although I prefer the term "Cosmic-type" :P

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
They shuld make doge type! LOL JK but no reelly it b cool if they addedd like super type witch woud be supre efective against all pOKEMON!

Last edited:

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
(Note that this thread is less than a week old)
Given that someone proved that we already have some form of the "Light" type (aka the "Good" type, since Dark is "Evil" in Japan) in the Fighting-type,I think that, to represent things like literal light, we could have a Solar type. Good against Bug, Fighting, Dark, and Ice, bad against Fire, Grass, and Water, like an alternate-universe Dragon. And if we were to be so daring to wrap other meanings of "Light" into this, we could have Holy. Not so sure about what this would be like, but it'd be white with pale yellows; Solar would be more of powerful yellow and pale blue. Basically, instead of an embodiment of "Good", we could go with Solar (aka stuff related to literal light) and Holy (aka stuff related to religion, which often involves various meanings of light).

No tl;dr for you.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 17, 2014
One Pokémon that could be re-typed to plastic is Voltorb, as its whole body looks plastic-like (at least to me anyway). Same goes for Electrode. d:

But plastic is a terrible electric conductor ...

(Note that this thread is less than a week old)
Given that someone proved that we already have some form of the "Light" type (aka the "Good" type, since Dark is "Evil" in Japan) in the Fighting-type,I think that, to represent things like literal light, we could have a Solar type. Good against Bug, Fighting, Dark, and Ice, bad against Fire, Grass, and Water, like an alternate-universe Dragon. And if we were to be so daring to wrap other meanings of "Light" into this, we could have Holy. Not so sure about what this would be like, but it'd be white with pale yellows; Solar would be more of powerful yellow and pale blue. Basically, instead of an embodiment of "Good", we could go with Solar (aka stuff related to literal light) and Holy (aka stuff related to religion, which often involves various meanings of light).

No tl;dr for you.

I think that messing with "Holy" is pretty much wanting for a mess to start. I could go with the Solar-type though, and maybe we could have Solar Beam as a dual Grass/Solar move?

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Although I'd say "Light" type since that used to be a thing, fairy and psychic pretty much have it covered in terms of what I think it would effect. As for the cosmic typing others mentioned... That's brilliant. So many Pokemon could have that too, Clefable, Deoxys, Elgyem, maybe Starmie, Solrock, Lunatone, Jirachi, Cresselia, and the most obvious, Arceus. It would replace the psychic typing on most of these Pokemon, but I think it could have it's own set of weaknesses, maybe something like 2x against Ground, Rock, and Steel (with the logic of meteorites) and in return something like Fire, Ice, and Water could be super-effective (with the logic of water corroding meteors, fire burning them on entrance to the stratosphere, and ice because ice.)

Not entirely sound logic, but I'm sure you guys all get the main idea by now.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
There should be specific weather type pokemon like rain, sand, hail, etc. Hm, robot type would be cool. Maybe a light type. Idk, they've covered a lot I think adding many more types would make competitive battling more of a hassle.

Back