• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does one direction have a makeup range?

kuzronk

Banned
Years
The line in what makes you beautiful (likely their I want it that way later on) goes don't need make up to cover up so why do they need a make-up range?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Isn't really hard to understand why a band manufactured for little girls would be endorsing products for little girls.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Because they are prissy little girls with no life. Well, I agree with what one poster said. They are appealing to little girls. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure they could careless of what their songs say. I can tell you on thing about this band though, and that is how they 'act' like they care when they really don't.

I read one article, which I can't find, about this girl who's face was slightly deformed. She had suffered serious burns as a child... I forget why. Well, she loved 1D and went to meet them. I guess Liam saw her and kept laughing or smirking at her because of it. Well, obviously this scarred the poor girl and made her feel less beautiful because of it.

Like I said... they aren't really very good rolemodels if you ask me. No offense to those of my friends who do like them. :/ I honestly can't stand them. I can actually see why they'd have a make up line considering they care mostly about the money they make. It's all some act to fool little girls into thinking they are proper rolemodels.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
As Michael Buckely said-
One Direction is sugar coated enough to give you diabetes.
They want money, and to me, thats alright. They seem successful and frankly, some of them are very handsome.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
remember that it's not just one direction who is getting the money
don't act like it's purely them who are profiteering off their own success like who do you think is really getting most of the profits

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Lynyrd Skynyrd, koff~

They need to meet the fate of a fiery plummet to their doom. Hey, call me extreme but I think if I loaded a plane and dropped a group of people I selected into the bowels of an active volcano, you wouldn't mind terribly. Also, they're little prissy girly-girls, and should not be confused with men or the male gender in general. They are a foul disease, koffi~

Edit: or any gender. Any gender of human. The snakes. Happy?

Edit re-edit: Apparently there are some thin-skinned people around here. Better get on quick, because in reality, there are worse people than I. Cheers.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
It never fails to amaze me how quickly people can jump on a group of artists for being successful. These boys, like their music or hate it, are being managed. Their marketing is in the hands of their managers and promoters and record labels. Of course they rake in the money from such marketing, but it's nothing compared to the money being made by the record labels. So before you all go hating on this group for their success, think for a moment about the people who are making millions off of these boys. The recording industry is all about exploitation, and these boys are being exploited big time.

Oh, and personally, I enjoy the music, but I have no opinion of the boys themselves. Their personal lives, to me, are just that: personal.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Lynyrd Skynyrd, koff~

They need to meet the fate of a fiery plummet to their doom. Hey, call me extreme but I think if I loaded a plane and dropped a group of people I selected into the bowels of an active volcano, you wouldn't mind terribly. Also, they're little prissy girly-girls, and should not be confused with men or the male gender in general. They are a foul disease, koffi~

Edit: or any gender. Any gender of human. The snakes. Happy?

that's a really sad and embarrassing outlook to have on men who don't fit the stereotypical macho man outlook

or it's jealousy

probably the latter

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
It's the byproduct of a fanbase consisting almost exclusively of preteen girls (with the occasional camp gay). One Direction is trying to rake in cash through any means necessary, regardless of their low-quality music.

I hate One Direction so much. Their music is annoying and terrible and the members are all douches. You should see how they treat their fans. Zayn Malik especially gets me mad for misrepresenting us normal Muslims by wearing a crucifix, drinking, getting too many tattoos, and having a girlfriend who looks like a cheap bimbo.

This is just another cash-in attempt at boosting these morons' fame.

Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Zayn Malik especially gets me mad for misrepresenting us normal Muslims by wearing a crucifix, drinking, getting too many tattoos, and having a girlfriend who looks like a cheap bimbo.

Okay, can you define for me what a "normal" muslim is? Because you know what, I don't think such a thing exists. Like any other religion there are variations in interpretation and so what is considered right for one person isn't by another. You cannot judge a person based on your own personal beliefs. Those are yours and yours alone. To compare another to yourself is not only unfair, but extremely rude as well.

Oh and, thank you for demonstrating the prime example of maturity. Other people's girlfriends should now be referred to as bimbos. Got it. Thanks. [end sarcasm]

Seriously, can I not look through this thread just once without someone spewing hateful, derogatory insults?

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
Years
I'm fairly positive a band would not live by a line from a song as their philosophy.
See that's the thing, they don't, not many people do, but they should. It's like campaigning for something you disagree with, please excuse the exaggeration. Sing what you mean and mean what you sing.
Sorry, got a bit off topic there.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
that's a really sad and embarrassing outlook to have on men who don't fit the stereotypical macho man outlook

or it's jealousy

probably the latter

Wow, koff~

Jealousy? I would think. . .no. Not in a million years would I be jealous of someone who would sell their entire image, ergo their soul, to the entire marketing plot. You see, many people do this, but does that make me jealous of them? Not in the slightest. Why would I be jealous of someone who has millions of people who wouldn't mind much if they dropped off the scene entirely?

You're probably just hurt that someone in the world doesn't like what you like. Oh well, everyone's a critic. Also, the 'stereotypical macho man' look is dying out thanks very much. Also, seeing some of my favorite and most skilled band members dying off instead of these hacks breeds lots of resentment for me. And besides, did I target you? No I didn't, so you decided to put your little dinghy on my radar. I'll be keeping an eye on you young one, koffi~

Edit: and embarrassing outlooks? Pssh. Keep on Mariah Carey.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Guys, do remember to keep respectful when posting in this thread and/or replying to others. I don't want to see this getting all One Direction fan girl explosion crazy in here. Thanks!

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
I think it's because looks sell their music. Whether you like their music or not, you know it's all for fame. It's sorta like the Monkees - they receive music from their producer, play it, dress up all pretty, and get paid! And the music? It's as flat as it comes. But some people like their music and pop, so I won't offend them - but like Justin Bieber's doucehy-ness, or Miley's ..... weirdness, it's pretty much for fame and fortune.

Years
Because that's what [really] makes you beautiful.
(I'm surprised none of you actually went straight for that joke. It practically made itself.)

However, it's what Ultramarine said, money. I doubt it's 1D's idea anyway, it's whatever their managing/production companies want to do and what 1D is probably contractually obligated to endorse.

Back