• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Event: Celebrate: Halloween Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Celebrate
Happy Halloween!

Welcome,

Yes, ladies and gents! It is that spectacular time of the year. This is a time for eatting candy, wearing costumes, music, dancing and parties, bobbing for apples, carving jack-o-lanterns, telling ghost stories, playing pranks on strangers and visiting haunted houses. That's right Halloween is almost here, and we can't wait so ring the bells and celebrate!!

Get yourself in the mood by singining along to some great Halloween songs! Have a listen to 'This is Halloween' from the fantastically fun movie A Nightmare Before Christmas. Love those imaginatively-animated creatures.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DOtEdhKOMgQ

Enjoy a classic! Get down and boogey monster to the Monster Mash!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AxcM3nCsglA

If you want to celebrate Halloween Pokemon style I highly recommend the episodes The Ghost of Maiden's Peak, The Tower of Terror, Just Waiting on a Friend and Ghoul Daze.

Calendar of Events​

Fairy, Ho-oh and I have joined forces to bring you some delectable Halloween treats for the remainder of this month!

Our Creepy Cauldron Calender Contains

October 22th The Haunted Mansion: Halloween Crafts and Decorations!

October 24th: Dine with the Dead: A Recipe Showcase

October 26th: Masks: The Halloween Avatar Contest

October 28th: Trick-or-Treat: Costume Contest

October 29th-30th: The Tombstone Awards: Avatar and Costumes Winners Circle!

October 30th-31st Watch Till You Drop: A Charmed and Sabrina the Teenage Witch livestream event.

Will you join us three for dinner?​

I will leave you with a spooky pokedex entry to whet your appetite my ghoulish friends.

It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets. -Pokemon Black (Cofragrius)

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
z8BRdkz.png

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

HAPPY HALLOWEEN PC! Many thanks to Milotic for introducing us to the Clubhouse's first true holiday event. Let's give her a round of applause! And for those who are interested, here's a little history on the best holiday in October for you to read!

Halloween's origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain. The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1. This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. Celts believed that on the night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred. On the night of October 31 they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth. In addition to causing trouble and damaging crops, Celts thought that the presence of the otherworldly spirits made it easier for the Druids, or Celtic priests, to make predictions about the future. For a people entirely dependent on the volatile natural world, these prophecies were an important source of comfort and direction during the long, dark winter. To commemorate the event, Druids built huge sacred bonfires, where the people gathered to burn crops and animals as sacrifices to the Celtic deities. During the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other's fortunes.

Halloween is also said to be the time where spirits are best able to manifest and communicate with the still living, so keep your eyes and ears open!

pumpkin-halloween-spooky-scary-31446.png

Years
Nice, count me in!

I only question about the livestream - Will you be showing old Sabrina the Teenage Witch show or the new animated one?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Nica is the beholder of all Sabrina related media and thus will decide. I do have an episode list but I wanna keep it a secret till the stream - but I don't know Sabrina from Hocus Pocus so she'll have to answer that one!

Years
Thank you Fairy, for this informative and fascinating introduction to the origins of Halloween and Samhain. This is so exciting, I feel as though I have just walked through history.

I was so inspired after reading that I decided to include some myths about demons and other supernatural creatures. If you love learning about cultural history, ritual and mythology then maybe some of you will like this twist on hair-raising legends both old and new.

This is one of many informative videos out there, dealing with some of the darker legends that inspired pokemon.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D4OtlkOLLfA

Follow it up with these 5 freaky urban legends If you dare! All of these originate from Asia.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U4IhYmDmIBA

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nice, count me in!

I only question about the livestream - Will you be showing old Sabrina the Teenage Witch show or the new animated one?

Old :)

Also yay Halloween time!

Get hyped to play guys!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think if I got my timezones right this timing is right and if I didn't then I'm like a day behind lmfao.

A n y w a y!

Spooky people! It's time for your crafts and decorations! Have you ever done any pumpkin decorating?! Share the spookiest decorations you've seen!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Pfff. Scariest sight(or underhanded Business tactic) is seeing a flock of Pidgeons near a Car Wash. Also, to piggyback off of what I said in Fairy Club, anyone up for making Dark/Fairy or Ghost/Fairy Pokémon? Keep in mind Mimikyu is the only Pokémon to meet either criteria so maybe like with September serpents we can create some new Pokémon for October.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
that steampunk pumpkin got me SHOOK

I've got a neighbor with sick halloween decorations out front. When it gets dark i'll take some pics and post'em. ;)

WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING TO DECORATE HALLOWEEN????

Years

Time for a lil update guys! Let's kick off today's recipee showcase with some delicious roasted pumpkin seeds.

I got this recipe from my mom. She makes pumpkin seeds during Halloween. I thought this would be a good place to start because they are one of the easiest Halloween favors you can make.

When you carve up your jack-o-lantern, instead of throwing out the seeds save them and make a little something extra to eat. You'll have tons of seeds when you scoop out the inside of the pumpkin, so why not recycle?

You can use any household spoon to hallow out the pulp and extract seeds from your pumpkin. Later you can even put the pumpkin in the oven, bake it and grind up the inner flesh for pies, bread, cakes and all sorts of yummy desserts. A smaller pumpkin is ideal in this case if you cab because according to the experts they are the sweetest, especially the sugar pumpkin. But all pumpkins have good seeds.

1) Preheat your oven. 350 degrees is a standard baking temperature, but each oven is a little different, so you may feel more comfortable setting the oven for a slightly higher or lower temperature.

2) Rinse the contents off of the seeds. If you have a colander great, if not then no worries! You can just wash off the seeds in a bowl.

3) Grease a baking tray with whatever you desire, olive oil will do or butter, cooking spray etc.

4) Spread the seeds on the tray.

5) Seasoning time! This is total improvisation. Sprinkle anything you want on the seeds to flavor them. It is just a matter of taste. The butter/ oil it is baked in alone can suffice. It can be anything, salt, dried herbs, paprika, cayenne pepper. You can eat them sweet and instead use cinnamon and sugar or honey roast them. Add other nuts like almonds or walnuts. I have discovered more than 20 different beautiful variations between the links below.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/alisoncaporimo/ways-to-flavor-pumpkin-seeds

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/pumpkin-seeds-recipe-2105941

6) Put the tray in the oven and wait for the pumpkin seeds to toast. In this household pumpkin seeds cook very quickly. They are usually ready to gobble up in 20 minutes! But you can find a variety of suggested times online of up to an hour. So as with the temperature of the oven, use your best judgment.

Hope you enjoy this tasty treat. It is really easy to make and low cost, recycling ingredients that you may already have in your home. Eat this snack with popcorn, your halloween candy and other tiny treats.

I have also included a recipe for pumpkin brittle and pumpkin bread!

http://www.thehungrymouse.com/2013/10/29/toasted-pumpkin-seed-brittle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1StF6gHT4m8&t=181s

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CUPCAKES WITH PUMPKIN SPICE BUTTER CREAM FROSTING
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
  • pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
  • 1 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (Instant Pot Pumkpin Puree recipe)
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup warm water
Directions
  • Preheat the oven to 375 F. degrees and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
  • Whisk the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a bowl and set aside.
  • Using a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer cream the butter and Dixie Crystals granulated sugar on medium for 3 minutes.
  • Next beat the egg and vanilla extract into the creamed Dixie Crystals granulated sugar and butter until completely incorporated.
  • Scrap the bowl and add the pumpkin puree and beat 2 minutes.
  • Combine the buttermilk and warm water.
  • Alternately add half the liquid and half the flour mixture to the bowl while beating on low.
  • Once all the ingredients have been added to the bowl beat on medium for 2 minutes.
  • Evenly divide the batter between 20-24 cupcake wells filled about 3/4th full.
  • Bake for 18 minutes turning the pan halfway through the baking time.
  • Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
  • Remove the cupcakes from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.
  • Makes 20-24 cupcakes!!!

HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE BUTTER CREAM FROSTING

Ingredients

• 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 2 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals 10 X powdered sugar + extra 1/4 cup if needed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 cup Pumpkin puree (Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree recipe)
  • Directions
  • In a bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer beat the butter until creamy.
  • Add one cup of the Dixie Crystals 10 X powdered sugar and the vanilla to the bowl and beat on low until combined well.
  • Add the remaining 1 1/4 cups Dixie Crystals 10 X powdered sugar and the pumpkin pie spice to the bowl and beat until combined.
  • Frosting will be very stiff at this point.
  • Add the pumpkin puree to the bowl and beat until the pumpkin is mixed well into the frosting.
  • Turn the mixer on high and beat for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
  • Adjust the frosting consistency by adding the extra 1/4 cup of Dixie Crystals 10 X powdered sugar if desired.
  • Frost the cooled Pumpkin Cupcakes with the frosting using a pastry bag and tip if desired.
  • Decorate the Pumpkin Cupcakes with sprinkles and a pumpkin shaped piece of candy if desired.
  • Refrigerate cupcakes in a single layer in an air tight container until serving.
  • Frost the 20-24 cupcakes!

Black-Spider-Cupcakes.jpg

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

9MxY4Q5.png

Welcome

Hello my lovely little monsters and welcome to October 26th's Avatar Contest! For this iContest, it will be up to you to create the most horrifying, spine-tingling, white-knuckle icon imaginable! But within reason, of course. However, scary icons won't cut it, you have to include Pokemon into the mix! Any kind will do, you're not limited to ghost pokemon, so think outside of the box!

Go forth and create the most terrifying, pokemon avatars you can come up with!​

Rules

✘ All standard Pokecommunity rules apply.
✘ Your icon must be no larger than 180 x 180px
✘ Your icon must be Halloween/horror/scary AND Pokemon themed
✚ Use your discretion and common sense with this theme.
✚ This goes without saying, but keep it PG. No grotesque or explicit body horror.​
✘ Your icons are to be posted in this thread.
✘ You must post your original stock/render.
✘ Limit: One entry per person.
✘ You may edit your icons once you have posted them.
✘ All entries must be made during the allotted time period.
✘ Have fun, be respectful, be bold.

Deadline

OCTOBER 31st

That's right, you only have FIVE DAYS to complete this challenge! Come Halloween night, a poll will be made in this thread for you all to choose the winners! Allowances will be made for those in different timezones, so don't get too spooked!

Good luck and have fun!

094-sm.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back