• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Metal fans?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2021
    any other metal fans on here? I listen to basically everything in the genre but have been listening to post hardcore, metalcore, and electronicore lately. Ice nine kills released a new song titled "enjoy your slay" and I have been on a core binge since

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Huge fan of Arch Enemy and Children of Bodom here. They're characterized as melodic death metal, if I'm not mistaken.

I'd recommend giving these guys a try if you haven't.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I like metal myself, but I'm more into the softer types. One of my strongest ones are from the visual kei scene in Japan is called Nocturnal Bloodlust though. I also like Of Mice & Men, Nightwish, Phoenix & Dragon (local band here), Cradle of Filth, Mejibray... and can't think of any others lol.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Also fan here. I tend to lean towards 80's metal (especially thrash), modern things don't get to me usually.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I don't know if a fan but there's a lot of metal bands I enjoy!

Paradise Lost is probably my favorite metal band. Their sound changes lot in each album. My favorite albums are their self-titled, Tragic Idol, Faith Divides Ss - Death Unites Us, and Draconian Times. In general I like all their albums but I can't seem to get into their very first one and last one, since they just sound too raw.

Also love Nightwish. I don't care if it's Tarja, Anette, or Floor. Everyone made the band special!

I'm also very fond of Krypteria. The band went on hiatus for a few years and returned under a new name, And Then She Came.

In general I think Symphonic Metal is my favorite. I'm a huuuge Therion band and even managed to go to their concert when I was 10 hahaha. That was some kind of miracle because there was no way my dad would take me to a place like that. The metalheads were surprisingly calm, very enjoyable concert ^-^.

I also like Epica but I haven't listened to them in a while... I should change that.

Omg almost forgot about Septicflesh!! What got me into them were their symphonic passages in some of their songs in Communion and The Great Mass. I recently listened to their new single, too. Can't wait till September!

Honestly I can probably listen thousands of metal bands I listen to x_X hahaha, so I better stop now.

GarlandChaos

Holy Diver
    Years
  • I love metal! I'm just...not a huge fan of newer stuff for the most part, nor do I like death metal. Like, at all.

My favorite metal bands would probably be Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Testament, HammerFall, and Slayer.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I love metal! I used to listen to almost only metal when I was a teen. Children of Bodom, Suicide Silence, Despised Icon, Job For a Cowboy, Bring Me The Horizon (in the Pray for Plague days). I'm very in love with Mors Principium, a band I discovered about a year ago.
    Now I listen to everything, but mostly Metal Progressive like Dream Theater, Ayreon, Myrath, Leprous.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2021
    Currently I have been listening to With one last breath, Ice Nine Kills, Sins of Sincerity (they are local to me, just over in toronto) and a few other bands like falling in reverse and escape the fate etc

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I listen to a lot of metal- mostly old school stuff. Almost exclusively old school, but not always. I probably listen to Judas Priest and Metallica the most!

Lots of Judas Priest, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Dio, Iron Maiden, and Megadeth. I listen to a lot of others, but those are my favorite bands.

When it comes to more modern metal, i enjoy Five Finger Death Punch, Mastodon, Beartooth, I Prevail, Bring Me the Horizon, etc. I also like metal core with bands like Killswitch Engage and All That Remains.

It seems like a lot of people listen to death metal here... I dont really enjoy it, but I do prefer it over black metal. If I had to listen to death metal, it would probably be Death.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    It seems like a lot of people listen to death metal here... I dont really enjoy it, but I do prefer it over black metal. If I had to listen to death metal, it would probably be Death.

Aquired tastes for me ^^; Didn't really like them at first but then I listened to bands like Carach Angren and Septicflesh and I started from there. I'm not sure if I like "pure" death metal and black metal, guess I'd have to listen to them a bit more.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Aquired tastes for me ^^; Didn't really like them at first but then I listened to bands like Carach Angren and Septicflesh and I started from there. I'm not sure if I like "pure" death metal and black metal, guess I'd have to listen to them a bit more.

I listened to a bit of Amon Amarth last night and I found it bearable I suppose. I wouldnt say I enjoyed it... I would rather not listen to it. But hey, its still better than rap lol and I guess I'm a bit more open to it.

So far death metal does appear to be an acquired taste... I think ill dab a bit further into Amon Amarth to truly test out the sub-genre and make a fair assessment.

Also, speaking of trying out new music- I listened to Sabaton for the first time a couple days ago and I think I discovered the "epicness" power metal lol

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I don't really like djent and other techniques used in a lot of metal nowadays. I love how fast thrash is and I don't like newer metal even if it's fast as hell, because thrash just sounded angry. It's honestly great for mood (especially aggression) control.

Only 'modern' metal genre I listen to is progressive metal from time to time, but some of those songs are overkill in terms of solos...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I like listening to all metal. Been listening to atmospheric more than anything else here lately. Spectral Lore, Baroness, The Sword, High On Fire, Arch Enemy, Alestorm, Polyphia, and Amon Amarth are among some of my favorites. I've got a decent sized playlist on Spotify that I listen to based on my mood. Mostly I just listen to metal when I'm driving though.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • I like listening to all metal. Been listening to atmospheric more than anything else here lately. Spectral Lore, Baroness, The Sword, High On Fire, Arch Enemy, Alestorm, Polyphia, and Amon Amarth are among some of my favorites. I've got a decent sized playlist on Spotify that I listen to based on my mood. Mostly I just listen to metal when I'm driving though.
    Alestorm is definitely some good stuff. Been listening to Drink while drinking beer.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Alestorm is definitely some good stuff. Been listening to Drink while drinking beer.

Hell yeah. I'd heard they were going to be at warped tour and figured I finally had a reason to go. Turns out the tickets were sold out by the time I heard.

Back