• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What were your first Pokemon cards?

Years
  • Here are the first Pokemon cards that I ever bought from 1999.

Hitmonchan (holo), Diglett, Bulbasaur, and Growlithe.

Sadly my parents gave away most of my cards. I hope whoever got them enjoyed them as much as I did. I was happy to find these 4 cards years later when I was visiting my parents then though the Hitmonchan has a bad crease down the middle and someone had colored green paint on the Bulbasaur.

What were your first Pokemon cards?

Attachments

• img001 - Copy.jpg
      img001 - Copy.jpg
      636.4 KB · Views: 5
    Years
  • It's weird- I can remember all the little details about opening my very first pack of Pokemon cards, including the fact that it was a Base Set booster pack with Blastoise on the front, and the very first card I pulled out was a Dewgong. I don't know whatever became of it, but I still have a few shadowless Base Set cards kicking around, though they're mostly commons (Diglett, Machop, and Caterpie/Metapod error cards).

And just a heads up, but since we've got a board dedicated to TCG topics like this, I'm going to move this thread over there for you :)

MOVED.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • The first pack I ever got was from the Jungle set and I remember that the first card I saw upon opening it was Meowth. I can't remember what other cards I got in that pack though.

The first holo card I ever got was Blastoise from the Base Set.

Years
  • I think my first ones were a handful of cards from the first Starter Deck, a deck I split with my cousin. These included a Rattata, a Machop, a Diglett, and a Machamp from memory. Not sure what else off the top of my head.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    The first card I picked it up on a car park which was Pikachu promo number 4.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can't really remember the first Pokémon cards I had, but back then, the first pack I had ever opened was a Base Set pack and I got a Holo Venusaur. Unfortunately, it came out of the pack with a small indent. I was so conflicted that I had just pulled a Holo Venusaur but it wasn't mint D:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I remember getting a few cards from my cousin... Ponyta, Diglet, Machop and Squirtle were among the first of my cards. Oh, and some energies, a Switch and a Potion. (I always thought the Pokemon in the traditional Switch card were riding bumper carts, for some reason)

The first actual pack I bought years later had an Unown as the "star" card in it, but my biggest pull was the Houndour in there. I have absolutely no idea were either of those went. T-T Man, I loved that Houndour...

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    My first Pokemon card - the first one I ever owned or saw - was purchased for me by my father. It was the Base Set Deck starter pack, you know, this one:
    Spoiler:

Which, right on top, was sitting this baby:
    Spoiler:

Which is the authentic image, btw. I have in its original packaging, in a sleeve, sitting with the other Base Set cards. Since like 1996 my sentimental ass has kept the same Machamp still in its plastic casing. And I love it like a child even though it's a little lame.

Back