• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
is there a simple way to change the chance of getting a shiny in firered...

its like 1 in 16 some odd thousand.. id like to set it at a sterdy 1%... 1 in 100

something sothat you WILL see some shiny playing thru the game... weather you catch a shiny ratatta or lugia is still random tho..

The way shiny pokemon work is that its Trainer ID and Secret ID are XOR'd, which is then XOR'd with its Personality Value which is XOR'd with its lower and higher bits.

So it's really not so easy to make it more likely without breaking that.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality#Shininess

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Anyone has an idea where I can find the Poke Center animation?

The TV that changes the animations while Nurse joy(Above her head) is healing your Pokemanz, since almost all animations of those tiles (Ex. Pc's, TV's) aren't in animeditor, but are in the tileset itself, with theyre animation too, but the PC TV seems to not have the animation in the tileset nor in animeditor.

Thank you.

Anbuja~

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
is there a simple way to change the chance of getting a shiny in firered...

its like 1 in 16 some odd thousand.. id like to set it at a sterdy 1%... 1 in 100

something sothat you WILL see some shiny playing thru the game... weather you catch a shiny ratatta or lugia is still random tho..

I used shinyizer by HackMew on my rom and then place a couple s-tiles around on different maps which would cause the next Pokemon (both wild and trainer:D) seen to be shiny. It takes some time, but it does raise the shiny rate.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Would it be okay to recruit people for artistic help on a rom hacking project? This is important because I've lost my ability to sprite well due to years of stagnation and art direction is the entire point of the project I have in mind.

blue

gucci
Years
Does anyone know where I can find the introductions Text on Advanced Text for Fire Red? I've searched in a few places and I can't seem to find it, I've also looked under the Archived Introduction but all that's under there is the Professor Oak Script. I'm talking about the text that appears before that.

karatekid552

Years
Does anyone know where I can find the introductions Text on Advanced Text for Fire Red? I've searched in a few places and I can't seem to find it, I've also looked under the Archived Introduction but all that's under there is the Professor Oak Script. I'm talking about the text that appears before that.

You do realize there is a search button, where you can type the first few words and have it find the text for you?

I found the button help intro at 1857581 (decimal).

The text with a Pikachu sitting on it is at 1858052 (dec).

Hope this helps.

Would it be okay to recruit people for artistic help on a rom hacking project? This is important because I've lost my ability to sprite well due to years of stagnation and art direction is the entire point of the project I have in mind.

I think so, go to the Team Discussions section and start a recruitment thread. Tell them what your hack is about and what you need help for.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
You do realize there is a search button, where you can type the first few words and have it find the text for you?

I found the button help intro at 1857581 (decimal).

The text with a Pikachu sitting on it is at 1858052 (dec).

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I tried that and I can't edit it from that and nor does it locate me to the actual script.

karatekid552

Years
Yeah, I tried that and I can't edit it from that and nor does it locate me to the actual script.

Okay, so after you search and find it, in the bottom middle of the search window, click "add to .ini". Fill out the info and then click "add to INI". Now it will be in the folder you specified, such as Introduction or something else.

blue

gucci
Years
Got it.

Is it possible to disable the feature that prevents Johto & Hoenn Pokemon evolving in Fire Red & Leaf Green without having the National Dex?

I want to leave any scripts regarding the Pokedex untouched but I want to make it possible to catch all 386 Pokemon before the Elite Four and if Hoenn & Johto Pokemon can't evolve it's impossible.

Years
In a hex editor go to 0xCE91A and change the 4 bytes there to 00 00 14 E0 and then change 0x126C4D from D9 to E0 to get stone evos working.

Question of my own: Does anyone know where the pickup item data is stored? Or just how to change the pickup items in general?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
In a hex editor go to 0xCE91A and change the 4 bytes there to 00 00 14 E0 and then change 0x126C4D from D9 to E0 to get stone evos working.

Question of my own: Does anyone know where the pickup item data is stored? Or just how to change the pickup items in general?

Pickup item? Explain what you mean and for what version?

Years
I'm trying to do a worping script where you are teleported to an area after talking to the person and i have no clue how to do that so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great

.parado✗

paranormal user
Years
In XSE the command is: warp

Structure: warp 0xBank 0xMap 0xWarp Exit (or just type 0xFF for warptoposition) 0xX coo. 0xY coo.

~para

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Is there a way to quickly delete every single map from a rom?

I don't think there is a "delete all maps" button anywhere, that being said you should never delete all the maps before starting. What you should do is delete/replace existing maps are you make new ones.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
I had to rewrite a quite big script, but if I try to compile it, it gives me an error and says there is a missing keyword, but the line is empty. Does anyone know what I did wrong, or do you need to see the script?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back