• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hoenn: Square One [IC]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

[tab=backtostory5][/tab] [tab=pokemon5][/tab] [tab=diary5][/tab] [tab=inv5][/tab] [tab=id5][/tab]

2-5: Beached

🏖️ Resort Cove Beach 🕙 Sept. 20th, Evening

The sea breeze felt cool and refreshing after their workout session, and Bijou looked like she appreciated it as well. Marcella's blue Rotom Phone was glued to her left ear as they sat by the shore, watching the waves roll in and admiring the orangey-pink sky behind the lowering sun.

"And then tomorrow, we can go swing by some of the little shops down by the pier," Marcella prattled on, clearly undeterred by her recently revoked credit card. "I know they provide costumes and stuff at the contest hall, but we would not be caught dead in those sticky hand-me-downs."

"What about Brawly?" Her brother could be heard on the other end. They don't normally talk so much, but this new journey of hers seemed to have him a lot more interested in her life all of a sudden.

"What about him? Oh, right. I mean, we did walk past that hut a few times today and it doesn't seem like he's ever there— Oh, come on, don't look so upset you had to move a little today," She added to her Purrloin. Bijou sulked off as she was reminded of all the walking and exercise they'd done recently. She sauntered to the edge of the creeping waters.

"Hey, Bijou—gross, don't drink that. Saltwater is not... hm? What'd you find?"

As the tides pulled away again, Marcella joined her Pokémon to investigate what looked like a deep blue shell lodged in the wet sand. Closed shut, it wasn't particularly large; roughly the size of her black Fendi purse. Despite a few nicks and scratches on it, there was a beautiful lustre to the shell that was especially mesmerizing in the dimming sunlight.

"Oh—!" She exclaimed as the shell opened, and a small, pink face peeked back at her from within. "One sec," she told her brother as she put him on speakerphone and switched apps to scan the new creature. "A Clamperl. Hey, little guy, do you need some help getting back home?"

Marcella approached it with arms outreached, ready to haul it back into the waters. "My, you're surprisingly heavy, dear—"

CLACK. The Bivalve Pokémon's shell came down suddenly and without warning, nearly taking off Marcella's fingers and causing Bijou to jump back, hissing.

"Wh—! I'm just trying to help, you little—"

The shell creaked open again. Just wide enough for a stream of water to shoot out and hit Bijou in the face, before slamming shut again. Sputtering, the enraged Purrloin dashed forward - a rare sight for Marcella - claws bared. "Oh, forget it, Bijou—just leave the stupid thing alone. Anyway, what was I saying?"

"I—you—" Avery choked out, a look of disbelief on his face. Marcella studied his expression quizzically.

"What, are you having a stroke?"

"Are you a Pokémon trainer or not?! A stationary, singular, stationary Pokémon washes up in front of you, attacks you and your Pokémon and you're not going to battle it?"

"Oh."

Indeed, it seemed the perfect opportunity presented itself for a bit of practice.

"Oh! Right. Alright, Bijou, let's do this! Bye-Avery-I'll-let-you-know-how-it-goes-" Beep.

Bijou, still soaked, was already crouched down low, a few paces from the side of the closed clamshell, ready to pounce. For a few moments, everything was still except for the swishing of her tail.

"...What are you waiting for—" Marcella finally whispered, and she couldn't believe the audacity of the Purrloin as she held a paw up to her face in annoyance, as if to say, "shh."

But she looked extremely determined to get her revenge, so her trainer trusted her senses and silently obliged, watching - when the clamshell opened again for the Pokémon to check its surroundings, Bijou lunged forward with a Fake Out from the side, stunning the creature enough that it momentarily forgot its defenses. The shell remained open, and Marcella took this opportunity to order a Scratch right for its delicate interior, but the Clamperl regained its senses mid-attack, Clamping down hard on Bijou.

She yowled, hind legs pressed against the shell as she wriggled to free her upper body from its grasp. "Bijou! Scratch again!"

With her forelegs still stuck inside, Marcella could hear commotion from within the shell as Bijou clawed away at her opponent. The attack made it loosen its grip enough for the Purrloin to free herself. She breathed a sigh of relief. "Are you oka- oh."

Her query was drowned out as the Bivalve Pokémon suddenly created a large, swirling vortex of water aimed right at them. Before Bijou could compose herself, she was whipped up into the Whirlpool. "Ah—!" A strangled cry escaped Marcella's lips, as she tried to think on her feet. Sand and debris whipped around them as the movement of the vortex generated a decent amount of wind.

It was... Windy.

Not that it was the time or place, but she clearly still had the contest on her mind, and the theme prompts were stuck in her head. She had been having some trouble coming up with solid ways to accentuate the "windy" portion of their routine... until now.

A cry from her Pokémon pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Oh! Right, sorry. Sorry! Change of plans, we're catching this thing," Marcella informed a distressed Bijou, who was moving up and down within the vortex, sticking her face out for air whenever possible. She had more pressing issues on her mind than the contest at the moment. "Okay, try to get a Sand Attack in there to stop 'em."

Pawing wildly as she descended within the Whirlpool, she was able to reach the sandy beach floor enough to swing some into the open shell of the Clamperl. It sputtered and coughed, finally freeing the Purrloin from its vortex.

"Alright, now Play Rough," Bijou looked affronted. "Please—it's gonna be your new teammate! We need to wear it out while building somewhat good rapport."

Begrudgingly, Bijou made her way back over. In a much more playful stance, she darted around the Clamperl, bopping its head with her claws every time she bounced close. It looked confused by her attempts to play at first, but seemed amused and lowered its guards eventually. The roughhousing grew increasingly more intense, to the point where it no longer resembled play, and then—

"Okay, good! I think we have this," Marcella rooted around her purse for her Slateport purchases. Pulling out a shiny, new Luxury Ball, she readied herself for her first catch.

🏥 DEWFORD POKÉMON CENTER 🕙 Sept. 20th, Evening

"You're back," The nurse observed with a smile. "Busy day, huh?"

"Yes," She beamed back. "And we brought a friend."

Party

Purrloin ♀ // Bijou
    Level 19(+1)

Scratch
    Fake Out
    Sand Attack
    Play Rough

Art

Clamperl ♀ // ???
    Level 10

Clamp
    Water Gun
    Whirlpool
    Iron Defense

Dear Diary

CHAPTER 2: LIVE FOR FUN

2-1: M.I.A.
    2-2: Footwear Filchers
    2-3: Cut Off
    2-4: Bijou Bootcamp
    2-6: Pearly
    2-7: Showtime - ft. Avril, June, Tsu, Robynn, Shuna
    2-8: Natsuko vs. Marcella - ft. Tsu
    2-9: The Three C's
    2-10: In/Dependent
    Inventory

₱33,000

Medium-sized leather suitcase of clothes
    Rotom Phone (Sky Blue)
    Fanclub Membership Card (Annual)
    Luxury Balls x 4
    Silk Scarf
    Contest Pass

Trainer Info

Badges will go here, too

Last edited:
    Years
  • Natsuko Soyokaze
    Sunday, September 20th, late afternoon
    Dewford Town, Resort Cove

"...and I had to sit at the Ranger Station for hours! They wouldn't let me go back and look for them, said it was too dangerous! And of course, the whole time, I was thinking that it was my fault they were down there! If anything had happened to them, I don't know what I'd do!" Tsu collapses onto a nearby couch, but immediately gets back up, too nervous to stay put.

"My dear, you simply must chill!" Bill watches with concern as she paces. "If anyone ought to feel guilty, it should be me for encouraging you to go down there in the first place. Please, sit. Have some tea, it will calm your nerves."

Tsu reluctantly sits as he pours her a cup of chamomile, immediately taking a sip and nearly spitting it out. "Ah! It'th hot!"

"Well of course it is! You don't drink chamomile cold, it's simply not proper. Now... slow down, and relax."

Tsu adds four sugar cubes to her tea, watching them dissolve as she slowly stirs. "You didn't see them, Bill. They were all battered and bruised and b-b-bloody... they said they were fine, but-!"

"Miss Tsu." Bill thumps his cane against the floor. "You cannot blame yourself for this. Your friends are young, as are you, and will bounce back from this. No doubt the experience will leave them wiser and richer than when they went in. So for everyone's sake, stop worrying about it!"

Tsu tries to do as he says, taking a deep breath to calm herself, and letting it out slowly. "But... I can't stop thinking-"

"Then think of something else, my dear. Like your Contest tomorrow. Could you show me a bit of your routine?"

"My... routine?" Tsu blinks in confusion.

"Yes, for the third act. I understand if you'd rather not reveal too much, though. What of your costumes?"

"Costumes?"

"You do know what the themes are, don't you? They're posted on the website."

"I was just... going to improvise..."

"Improvise? Miss Tsu, you can't be serious! This is your big debut! Your chance to stand out and make a name for yourself! You need something nice to wear, costumes that fit the theme, and a performance that shows who you are and what your style is!"

"O-oh... I need to make some calls!" Tsu runs from the room, her chair wobbling and spinning comically as she leaves it.

☆☆Later!☆☆

"Natsuko, darling! To what do I owe the pleasure?" Lucy looks slightly disheveled as she answers the phone, removing her reading glasses.

"Oh, good! You're at home. Do you remember when you said you could make a dress for my Pokémon?" Tsu resumes looking through her bag.

"Of course I do. Are you going to be entering a Contest?"

"Yeah, and it's tomorrow. Do you think you could make me something for Duchess Stacy? I have an idea I'd like to try."

"Tomorrow?! Natsuko, that hardly leaves me any time!"

"Oh..." Tsu looks over at her phone, disappointed but understanding. "Yeah, I guess it's kind of last minute. I understand if you can't do it."

Lucy lifts an eyebrow, a small smile forming. "I didn't say I can't, just that it won't be easy. What sort of idea did you have?"

"Thanks, Lucy, you're a lifesaver!" Tsu sighs, closing her bag. "The theme is 'jade', so I was thinking a green kimono, maybe a little crown if you can?"

"A kimono. For a Magikarp? Would just the top suffice?"

"That should be fine! As long as it looks fancy, I doubt anyone will notice if it's not complete."

"Yes of course, darling, but I'll need her measurements to make sure it fits. Body length, her fins, can you tell me more?"

Tsu grabs her phone as she heads for the door. "I have no idea, but I know who I can ask. I'll text you the details!"

☆☆Later! Again!☆☆

As she's leaving Wrangler Ralph's hut, Tsu gives Aunt Nyamo a call. But to her surprise, it's Carrie who picks up. "Hey, Tsu! How's it going?"

"Oh... hi, Aunt Carrie. I'm actually looking for Nyamo, I have something important to ask her..."

"Oh. Yeah, alright. She's just outside, I'll go get her." Carrie sets the phone down, to Tsu's annoyance.

"Come on, just take it with you! It's a mobile phone, it can move around!" She grumbles, but it takes a moment for Nyamo to get to the phone.

"Tsu! Good to hear from you! You have something to ask me?"

"Yes! I'm entering into a Contest tomorrow, but... I don't know what to wear. I was told to dress fancy, but I only packed travel clothes!"

"Oh, and you need some advice? Trying to decide what to buy?"

"Weeeellllllll..." Tsu looks around in embarrassment, making sure no one is nearby. "I kinda... got a fine from the Rangers earlier, and don't have a lot of extra cash right now."

"Natsuko!" Nyamo sounds disappointed, which hurts Tsu more than she thought it would. "What did you do?"

"Nothing bad! I just... went somewhere I wasn't supposed to! I already feel bad about it, can we talk about this later?"

Nyamo sighs, but relents. "Fine. But we will talk about it. If you can't buy something new, what do you want me to do?"

"I was kinda hoping I could borrow something of yours? Something from your Contest days?"

"Something of mine? I didn't exactly keep all my old clothes, Tsu. And even if I did, I can't guarantee they'd fit."

"Hey, what about that fancy robe of yours?"
    Carrie chimes in from somewhere nearby.

"It's called a yukata, dear. And it's not very fancy."

"Actually, that might work! I'm going for a certain theme, and if Aunt Carrie thinks it's fancy, maybe the judges won't know any better, either!"

"Wow, I feel so loved right now..." Carrie mutters, but is shushed by Nyamo.

"You are loved, that was Tsu trying to compliment you. Right?"

"Yeah! Thanks, Aunt Carrie! It's perfect. Can you send it over tonight? The Contest is at 10 a.m., so I can't take the ferry. If not, I have a friend in Slateport who will be sending over something for Stacy. Maybe she could pick it up?"

"That won't be necessary. I'll have Altaria deliver it to you at the Pokémon Center."

"Actually, I'm at the Fan Club's resort house. Can you send it here?"

Nyamo sighs again, but Carrie laughs in the background. Nyamo sounds like she's smiling a little. "I can do that. But try to be more prepared next time, alright? Maybe you could afford something of your own if you weren't staying at a fancy hotel."

"Thank you, Aunt Nyamo! I promise, this is a one time thing. I'll talk to you later! Love you!"

Tsu sighs in relief as she hangs up. It wasn't easy, especially after the day she's had, but it looks like she'll have everything in order in time for the Contest tomorrow.

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years

• Shuna Kamado

marshtomp.gif
    pidgeotto.gif
    aron.gif

Saturday, September 19 {1: 30 pm}
    Epoch 2.1: Dewford City
    Argo's First Battle! Double Battle?

Shuna exited the PC with Finn at her side, looking around with a smile. After leaving the cave, she exchanged contact information with the ranger, keeping her favor in mind. I didn't know having a shiny would call that much danger… She looked at the pokeball in hand, recalling the warning the ranger gave her. Since you caught a shiny, remember this well, Shuna. They are very, very rare and many people are willing to do anything to get their hands on one. Especially one with a powerful evolution line like Aron. Be careful and keep an eye out.[/U] The girl walked towards the coast, hoping to find some wild pokemon before going to West Wilds.

- - - - - - 1:45 pm - - - - - -

"Are you good with training and fighting a pokemon, Argo?" Said pokemon squeaked before looking around, nervously. "If you don't want to, it's fine! We can wait until you're ready, I'll train Finn and Pidgey first- '' Before Shuna could finish, Argo trundled from behind her legs and stood in front of her, facing the Clamperl with new bravery. He was still nervous to fight another pokemon, but when he heard Shuna mention training the others, he quickly moved in. He was still nervous, but he didn't want to disappoint his trainer and get behind the others! He knew Pidge and Finn were powerful, more than him after meeting them

"Alright Argo, let's see what you got!" Argo let out a high-pitched squeak, standing in front of Shuna, a Clamperl across from them. It had the same features as a regular one, but the color was different: instead of blue, it's shell was purple, and the pearl in the middle was yellow instead of pink. Shuna lifted her Go-Pro, allowing it to scan Clamperl before showing a small hologram of the pokemon. The girl read the basics before dispersing the hologram, looking back at the bivalve pokemon. "Rock Tomb!"

Argo becomes outlined in white energy and raises his head; multiple rocks outlined in the same-colored energy appear and form a ring around him. The rocks hone-in on Clamperl, then the energy vanishes, causing the rocks to fall towards their target.

Clamperl's shell closes and slowly spins, water appearing and spinning alongside. In a few seconds, the pokemon was spinning rapidly and the water had formed into a medium-sized whirlpool above. The rocks fall in the whirlpool, moving with the current as they are swept away. Clamperl stops spinning, causing the whirlpool to vanish as the rocks from before were now smaller and less harmful, either landing around the bivalve pokemon or falling on her, causing damage. Clamperl opened her shell, releasing a spiral of water from her mouth, heading straight for Argo.

"Argo!" Said pokemon tried to move quickly, but he was hit in the face, earning a cry of pain as he stumbled back, earning double the damage due to type effectiveness. "Argo! Are you alright?" The Iron Armor pokemon let out a high-pitched squeal in reply, facing his opponent, ready to continue. "Metal Claw!" Argo's claws glowed white, and the small pokemon trundled quickly towards Clamperl, striking the shell. Clamperl let out a small cry of pain, but quickly opened her shell wide, clamping over her opponent's paw. Argo squealed, moving around to get the Clamperl off, but the grip was too strong and it was only tightening more.

"Harden!" Argo tensed up, his body flashed white and shined, raising his defense. The Clamperl clapped it's shell again, but the damage dealt was less due to the extra defense Argo obtained. "Rock Tomb!" Argo's body was outlined in the same white energy, causing rocks to appear at his side with the same outline. He squeaked, causing the outline to vanish and the rocks to fall on Clamperl. Said pokemon cried out in pain as they made contact, forming a half-ring around the pokemon and forcing her to release Argo from her hold. "Now, Tackle!" Argo moved backwards a few inches before running over to the pokemon, who was too busy with the pain, and head-butted the pokemon, throwing it back. Clamperl hit the rocks behind, earning another pain-filled cry, but when Clamperl fell to the sand, it let out a small squeak before her eyes gained swirls, signaling it's unconscious state. Shuna quickly threw a pokeball at the fainted pokemon, only to retrieve it a minute later with a pokemon inside.
    "Alright!"

- - - - - - 2:25 pm- - - - - -
    "A Pyukumuku?" Shun held the Go-Pro, looking at a hologram of said pokemon as the real-life version was a few feet away with a young child, about years younger, behind the pokemon. She was wearing a short (thigh-length), white sun-dress with a blue ribbon tied around her waist, the lower version was like a pleated skirt with a ruffled bottom, red gladiator sandals, and a sandy-colored sun-hat with a red ribbon wrapped around the base. However, she still had her lanyard, hip-bag, bangle bracelet, and silver bracelet in their usual spots.
    Beside her was Argo, fully healed -they went to the PC after the battle with the Shiny Pokemon, healed Argo, Shuna changed to different clothes for the climate, and returned to the beach- who squealed, hiding behind her legs the moment the child approached.

"Fight me!" commanded the child, causing Shuna to blink. "If I win, that Aron is mine!"

Shuna stared at the kid for a while before sighing; so the battles for her shiny Aron begin, it's going to be a long journey. She looked at the child and gave him a small grin, "I'll fight you, but I'm not wagering Argo." She looked back at said pokemon, who looked up at her for guidance. "Are you up for another battle or wait?"

Argo looked at Shuna for a second before peeking around her to look at the smaller human, who already had his pokemon out. Should he? Normally, he would back out, but he recalled the thrill of battle half an hour ago… he wanted to feel that thrill again. Argo looked up at Shuna and nodded shyly, trundling in front of her, across from the sea cucumber pokemon. Shuna smiled and opened her mouth, however…

"Come out Pearl!" Shuna turned her head and saw a Clamperl appear beside the Pyukumuku. So a double battle… The girl grabbed a second pokeball, releasing her starter, who let out a low cry, landing beside Argo.

"Muku, Helping Hand!" Pyukumuku, or Muku, extends a white hand out of his mouth, and touches Clamperl. The latter becomes covered in a multicolored aura, powering up his moves.

"Argo, Harden!" Said pokemon's body flashed white and shined, raising his defense.

"Pearl, Water Gun!" The clamperl shot a spiral of water towards the opposing team, mainly Argo.

"Finn! Bide!" Finn takes his place in front of Argo and endured the move instead, and since it's a water-type, it didn't do as much damage as expected. After the attack ended, Finn's body was glowing a faint, red outline, ready to absorb more energy.

"Rock Tomb!" Argo's body was outlined in white energy, rocks of all shapes and sizes appeared with the same outline in a ring around him. He made them hover over the opposing team before dispersing the energy, causing the rocks to fall on Muku. Said pokemon let out a squeak as Clamperl, or Pearl, closed his shell and rolled away from the rocks, rolling over to Argo. The shell jumped and opened, clamping shut around Argo's head. "Argo!" The iron armor pokemon squeaked, moving it's head from side to side, trying to get the bivalve pokemon off, but nothing worked.

"Muku, Tickle!" While Argo was distracted, Muku made tickling gestures with his white hand, blue energy leaks off his body and tickles Argo. Argo squealed, trying to get away from all the pokemon, but let out a cry of pain when Pearl's shell bit harder. "Now Helping Hand!" Muku jumped over and placed his hand on Pearl, the same aura appearing once more and his attacks increased.

"Argo, Metal Claw!" The iron armor pokemon's paw glowed white and striked where he heard Muku land, landing a clean hit. Muku squeaked as he was thrown back, even though the attack didn't do too much damage, the suddenness of the attack shocked him.

"Finn! Bide then help Argo!" The mudfish's red outline glowed and he faced Muku, launching a white beam at the distracted pokemon. Muku was shaking his head from the attack, turning only to see a white beam heading his way. He squeaked, but before he could move, the beam hit, causing a small explosion to occur. As the explosion was clearing, Finn ran over to Argo, grabbing the sides of Pearl's shell. He grunted, slowly opening the shell with his strength, until Argo could get out, but in return, one of his hands was replaced, causing a loud snap. "Use your strength to open the shell Finn! Argo, use Rock Tomb!" As Finn was using his free hand to open the shell, Argo summoned more rocks just as the dust and smoke dispersed, revealing an injured Muku.

"Muku, Helping Hand! Pearl, keep it up!" Once again, the multicolored aura appeared around Pearl, causing his attacks to raise and meaning more pain for Finn. However, when Pearl opened his shell slightly to get a better grip, Finn took the chance and pulled his hand away, throwing the pokemon away from him. Just as he did, Argo threw the rocks at Muku, who squeaked from being hit by rocks once again, but Pearl was also thrown in that direction, landing on the rocks and then beside Muku with a small moan.

"Argo, use Tackle! Finn, Water Gun!" Argo charged towards his opponents, aiming for Muku. Finn puffed up his cheeks, the mystic water glowing lightly as it powered up the water move.

"Pearl, Water Gun!" Pearl opened his shell and shot out a spiral of water at Argo, who was concentrated on running towards Muku. However, another spiral of water countered Pearl's and the two were pushing at each other, the respective pokemon releasing more water as the seconds passed. Argo reached Muku, tackling the pokemon towards the rock formation behind him from the Rock Tomb. Muku squeaked in pain, but before he could faint, his Innards Out ability activated; the white hand-organ popped out and hit Argo back a few centimeters, retreating back as Muku fainted.

"Muku!" As the child whined, Argo moaned in pain, moving away from the fainted pokemon, and looked towards Finn's showdown. He was close to fainting, but he managed to stay awake to watch the battle.

"Finn-" Before Shuna could call out her next order, Finn stopped his lead and put his hands together, forming a blue ball of water. A blue ball? He then threw the ball at the floor, causing it to glide towards the opponents using a stream of water. Due to the Mystic Water, the move's power was powered up, fighting against Pearl's Water Gun. No wait… that's… "Water Pulse…?" The Water Pulse pushed Pearl's Water Gun back, earning a small explosion and pushing the pokemon back at once. The two trainers watched with battered breaths, waiting for the dust and smoke to seattle. Once done thorough, it revealed Pearl with swirly eyes, unconscious.

"The winner is Shuna!" called a voice, earning the girl's attention. She turned and saw Souei standing a few feet away with his Meowstic on his shoulder, raising an arm towards her like a referee would.

"That's not fair!" whined the child, returning his pokemon, "I want that Aron!"

"Life's not fair, brat. She won fair and square, so where's the money?" rebutted Souei, raising an eyebrow.

"Soueu, he doesn't have to…" Shuna butted in after returning Argo and Finn to their pokeballs. She didn't want to force a child to give her money even though she did win, it didn't feel right.

"It's a part of the rules, Shuna. The loser must give some cash to the winner of a pokemon battle." briefly explained Souei, then turned to the child. "Do you have any or do we need to ask your parents?" The child opened his mouth to rebut, but one glare from Souei had him flinching.

- - - - - - 3:30 pm- - - - - -

"You didn't have to do that." Shuna turned towards Souei, handing over her team's pokeballs to the nurse. "The kid wasn't licensed and he borrowed pokemon from his parents, so all bets were off."

Souei scoffed, glaring at the ceiling, "Of course I did. That's how battles are; the winner gets cash money from the loser. That kid should have known what happens in a pokemon battle, and then betting like that, he had it coming."

Shuna gave Souei a blank look, "You told the parents they owed me money because of that battle and I had to explain why you said that and refuse their money." She sighed, waiting for her pokemon to be returned. "And why did you do that also?"

"That kid was betting your Aron even though you never agreed and then has the nerve to say the battle wasn't fair." Souei replied, "The cash money would have been good enough compensation."

"I wouldn't accept it. And how did you know about that?"

"...Oh look at that, your pokemon are here."

"Souei, you never answered my question."

"...Let's go get your pokemon."

"..."

- - - - - - - - - - -
    Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

[tab=backtostory6][/tab] [tab=pokemon6][/tab] [tab=diary6][/tab] [tab=inv6][/tab] [tab=id6][/tab]

🛍️ Dewford Town 🕙 Sept. 20th, Night

"Excuse me, are you still open?''

The pale, pimply shopkeeper's expression shifted from annoyance to interest when he turned and saw Marcella. It was very close to their posted closing hours and he was clearly cleaning up, but she poked her head into the small, art supplies store anyway, with an expectant smile.

"Uh—yeah! Come on in. We are closing up here shortly, but I can definitely make an exception, just this once—"

"Great, thank you." Marcella pushed her way in and made a beeline for the glitters. The new addition to their little group also meant a slight change in schedule. With the Clamperl on their team, they could now make tomorrow morning's contest in the doubles category, but that also significantly cut their planned preparation and shopping time. She had to have everything more or less ready tonight.

Unfortunately, there weren't any clothing stores she was interested in open at this hour, but there was no shortage of dresses and accessories in her possession already, even on the road. She did recall packing a green number that would be fitting for this occasion. It was a little too fancy for the contest, even, but it'll be better to have dressed up than down.

20 minutes and a bag full of art supplies later, she sat down on a wrought iron bench at a playground underneath one of the small town's structural platforms, as the streetlights started to flicker on.

"Oh, you caught it," Avery commented, after a few moments of squinting to try and make out what the dark blue blob by the swing set was. She had released her new Pokémon, showing off her catch on camera. It seemed a little shy, though.

"Yeah, look what it can do! Clamperl, Whirlpool!" Marcella commanded.

Maybe it didn't hear her through the shell, but it did not budge at all. She cleared her throat and tried again, a little louder. "Whirlpool!"

The clamshell stayed shut.

"...WHIRLPOOL."

"Stop—you gotta bond with it a little first. Bijou listens to you, however... misguided your leadership may be sometimes, because you have that close connection." Her brother explained, not without the need to throw in a dig at her training skills.

"How, though?" If she weren't in a rush to be contest-ready, she would have reacted to the jab. "It's a clam, it barely knows it's alive."

She perked up as the shell finally opened, but once again, it opened only enough to let out a small stream of water. This time aimed at Marcella. She let out a squeal as her shorts were hit.

Avery snickered. "I think it has a little more personality and cognizance than you're giving it credit for. You just have to—"

"Bond, yeah, yeah." She approached and sat down on the swing set next to it, absentmindedly running her fingers along the edge of the shell. It opened and closed quickly, eliciting a gasp as she quickly withdrew her hand. It clearly wants her fingers detached from her body. Marcella checked the time. "They all know Whirlpool, right? Do you think I have time to toss this one back in and find another?"

"No. And what makes you think a different clam will be any happier with you? You'll need to bond with anything you catch. This is a good learning experience. Why don't you start with giving her a name or something?"

She exhaled sharply, thinking of the best way to do this. A few moments later, she knocked on the shell gently.

"Hey, I'm sorry if I scared you earlier. We don't mean any harm, you know? I just... saw what you can do with your Whirlpool and thought it was really cool. We'd love it if you could help us with tomorrow's contest."

The shell opened slowly, but wider than she had ever seen it up close. It was the first time Marcella really got a good look at the Pokémon inside.

"Oh, there you are! How cute, you're like a little pink pearl. I love pearls," She cooed. "I can show you a cool black-pearl pendant I have later, if you want."

As if in response, the little... hands, Marcella supposed, reached around its pale, pink head to pull out a little blue pearl to show her new trainer.

"Oh! Is this what you've been working on? May I...?" The Clamperl gestured for her to take it. She held it up to the moonlight, examining the lustre. "It's very beautiful, so round and smooth. You've worked hard on this, hm? I'm sure it will be the most lovely pearl in time."

The Clamperl looked pleased, and a lot more relaxed now. Marcella returned the pearl to her. "Hey, why don't we call you Pearly? That's a cute name for you."

A little on the nose, but you know what? It's fitting. She smiled.

The contest hall had closed by now, but that was fine—there was enough room on the empty playground for them to rehearse and fill Pearly in on what they need to do. Her addition to the routine was quite small so it was easy to throw in without altering too much, but it really took the act to a new height.

"Alright! That's a wrap, guys." A tired but satisfied Marcella exclaimed, an hour and a half later. "I think we're ready!"

Party

Purrloin ♀ // Bijou
    Level 19

Scratch
    Fake Out
    Sand Attack
    Play Rough

Art

Clamperl ♀ // Pearly
    Level 10

Clamp
    Water Gun
    Whirlpool
    Iron Defense

Dear Diary

Inventory

₱33,000

Rotom Phone (Sky Blue)
    Luxury Balls x 4
    Silk Scarf
    Contest Pass

Trainer Info

Badges will go here, too

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    download20200601214932.png
    Jordie "Jo" Hughes
    Friday, September 18th
    Chapter 1: Part 5 - vs. Gabby
    02:00 pm to 02:05 pm - Slateport Beach

They want to go get their Trainer License as soon as possible as the other two girls did, but Jordie has more important things to take care of, right now.

Their last two battles didn't bring them much satisfaction even if they were victorious in both in a way or another, and they won't be able to succeed at Slateport's Gym that way.

That's unacceptable.

Now, the first problem of theirs: Neon. He doesn't listen to them. He has to learn they are the trainer, and therefore the one in charge now.

He is currently laying in front of them, while Jordie just stares at him, thinking about what to do. Behind them is Gabby, who doesn't want to be seen for some reason.

"Okay, now…" Jo says. "Show me your moves. What about Water Gun first?"

Neon stares at them blankly with one eye slightly closed and with his mouth shaped in a frown. He doesn't do anything else, other than blinking occasionally.

"Come on, I know you are a strong guy. You gave Gabby and I some kind of trouble back there. Isn't that right, Gabby girl?"

Gabby chirps from behind them, sticking herself to Jo's back. The green haired trainer turns around, bothered by their Pokémon sticking too near them and leaving the Solosis uncovered. As soon as Neon sees her, he frowns and splashes a water ball at her.

Gabby is sent floating backwards, but instead of answering with an attack from herself, she hides behind her trainer again.

The green haired trainer smirks. They adjust their sunglasses and move away from Gabby again. Neon instantly shoots another Water Gun at the Solosis, this time she is able to dodge, though.

"So that's how it is." They say. Jordie turns at their Psychic type. They don't have time to form a bond with Neon similar to the one they have with Gabby, but this could work to make him trust them, at least in battle. "Gabby girl, how are you with the idea of battling on your own?"
    Gabby doesn't like the idea, but it's not as if she's got another choice. She knows getting the first badge is important for her trainer and herself, so getting to battle Neon is, in part, necessary.

Fissure scares her, though.

"Okay, Neon, I'll guide you." Jordie yells from a few meters away. "Battle starts now. Gabby girl, you are free to start whenever."

Gabby starts with the usual strategy. She opens with Trick Room, giving her the speed advantage. Jordie already knows that, it's the same strategy they've been using this whole time.

"Steady there!" Jordie commands. Neon doesn't listen, though, and from the distance shoots a stream of mud at Gabby, which she avoids without any trouble. "I told you to wait. She is faster now and is pretty far away from us. She will see it coming and you'll miss that way."

Neon frowns at them and rolls his eyes. This time he decides to wait for Gabby to make her move first, though.

Jordie goes for the same instruction as before, this time for a different reason, though.

"Endure it."

It's not as if Neon can do something else.

Gabby's Psybeam is fast and strong and it rises a cloud of sand the moment it hits, just for her to see, once it goes down, the Stunfisk hidden under a shield of mud with a small hole in it from the impact of the attack.

"Unleash."

The shield explodes, and a shockwave from Neon's side, twice as strong as her Psybeam, hits the Solosis.

Bide works. Good.

The terrain is now mud for most part, and while Gabby is startled, she isn't backing off. Upon realizing that, Jordie quickly thinks about their next move.

"Try Bide again- no, never mind. Try Mud Sport."

Neon sprinkles some water around him, turning the sand around him wet and quickly covers himself with it forming another mud shield.

"So that's what it was…" Jordie mutters.

Without any warning, Gabby shoots another Psybeam. It completely shatters the shield this time and also leaves Neon vertically buried in the sand once more.

It's the same situation that made him use Fissure the last time.

This time, though, Neon does something different. He takes his current situation to his advantage and since he can visualize Gabby better, he can aim easily at her.

Jordie can't give him any instruction. Neon goes off on his own, letting his own rage dictate his very actions, but the trainer doesn't stop him either.

First, he uses the mud around him to deliver a stronger Mud Shot at the Psychic-type. The attack strikes hard on the Solosis, also blinding her with the mud being stuck on her bubble.

Neon charges on electricity and while Gabby tries to back off and clean the mud off her, she is hit directly by a Thundershock.

Jordie still doesn't intervene. They are taking mental notes on how Neon's move could work. Mud Sport and Bide, and Mud Sport and Mud Shot are good combinations. Mud Shot to blind the opponent is okay, but that depends on the Pokémon he is battling.

Gabby is unable to retaliate with a single Psybeam. Not even with Hidden Power. She is being constantly pushed back with every attack from her opponent. Her trainer still doesn't feel like stepping in to stop the battle, though, and most likely they won't until one of them faints.

Training with Jordie has always been the same. They would train many hours a day until both were tired. That's how they got so skilled at battling. Their training sessions were always very rigorous, both for Jordie themselves and for Gabby. She still remembers the time they trained to make her learn Hidden Power. It was a whole month only for that move.

The Solosis is too weak right now to even try to avoid the Stunfisk's final blow. The Ground - Electric type shoots its last Thundershock. Gabby is able to partially see how it goes at her, but the only thing she can do is close her eyes and look away.

Jordie, while they were thinking about new combinations this whole time, immediately shifted their attention at what happened before their eyes. Yes, Gabby already lost, but she managed to somehow weaken the attack before taking it. In front of her stands a green barrier of energy.

That was new.

According to their PokéDex, that new move was Light Screen. One of the two defensive screen moves, which halves the damage taken by ranged attacks. They were not sure if it would be too useful against the Gym Leader, but since Gabby is already good at taking hits, it will make her even better for countering ranged attackers. If she had used it before the battle was over, she could have won the match against Neon.

"Enough!" They shout, stepping in front of the Stunfisk and stopping him from shooting another Thundershock. Gabby slowly floats back to her trainer, while Jordie stays in front of Neon. "I knew you were a strong one. You need to be a little less grumpy and listen to what I say, though. Don't act on your own, I'm your trainer now. Got it?"

He sticks his tongue out and rolls his eyes and the trainer smirks. "I got some good combinations we could work with. We'll have to leave Fissure for more heavy battles, it's a strong move, but dangerous to rely on, so I'm glad you didn't use it this time."

"Gabby girl, you… could have done better." the Psychic-type frowns and lowers her head at those words. "You already beat him once, so you could have beat him a second time. I get you may still be feeling down for leaving home, or tired because you had three battles today already, but you are trained well enough to get past that. You gotta focus. Okay?" The Pokémon nods, she was used to that kind of criticism but it still felt weird after how they treated her the last few days.

"Light Screen is useful." Jordie keeps talking, this time explaining the plan they had in mind. "We could take a defensive strategy against the Gym Leader with Light Screen for Gabby and Mud Sport and Bide for Neon, while also focusing on ranged attacks under Trick Room. Gabby can attack from the top of the battlefield, while Neon stays in the ground."

Jordie sighs and adjusts their sunglasses. They still need to think better about their strategy, but defense is a good base to start with. No move combinations between them both for now, though. They clearly don't like each other enough to make that work now.

"I think that's enough training for this gym. I would have liked to train Neon a bit more, but it's probably better to go back and get my license." Jo adds. "I hope battling this way helped you solve whatever differences Neon has with Gabby. We are not training tomorrow, I don't want you two to be tired for the actual battle."
    Gabby grew to lvl. 20!
    Neon grew to lvl. 17!
    Neon learned Camouflage!
    Jordie's Party:
    577.png
    618.png
    duskball.png
    duskball.png
    duskball.png
    duskball.png

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

[tab=backtostory7][/tab] [tab=pokemon7][/tab] [tab=diary7][/tab] [tab=inv7][/tab] [tab=id7][/tab]

2-7: Showtime

🏟️ Dewford Contest Hall 🕙 Sept. 21st, Morning

Heads turned as she strode through Dewford Town early Monday morning in her floor-length, green chiffon dress. But just like working the catwalk, she knew better than to be distracted, and ignored the stares and gawking, staying laser-focused on the task at hand; she had work to do today. Marcella arrived at the contest hall an hour early. Flashing her contest pass to the attendant manning the front desk, she made her way down the halls.

In the contestants' preparation room, she opened her bag and quickly lined up the supplies she brought with her. "It's just the stuff we bought yesterday, quit being so nosy and behave, please," she explained to a curious Bijou with a light swat, who let out a loud sneeze after she had gotten her nose in the glitter jar. In a huff, Marcella sat down at the table with what remained of the glitter and Pearly in front of her, as she got the tub of water-soluble glue and a fine paintbrush ready.

"Close your shell, dear. Shut." She instructed. The Clamperl obliged, but not before deliberately trying to close it on her trainer's fingers once again. Marcella pressed her lips together. If she weren't on a tight schedule here, she would have made a bigger fuss about that, but she ignored Pearly's insolence and started painting an intricate, swirly design on both sides of her shell with glue. Before the adhesive agent dried, she liberally sprinkled the shimmery, green glitter all over Pearly. A tiny cough could be heard from inside the shell. "Sorry, I told you to shut it." She apologized half-heartedly as she brushed off the excess glitter to reveal her work. "There! All done."

Bijou was going to be submerged in water for most of round one, so she didn't prepare too much of a costume for her, despite the short dance number - just a simple, silk scarf. She had other things to go through with her, though.

"Okay, Bijou. Give me your 'scared' face. Good. Now the 'drowning'. Now the 'clawing for my life'. Good, good." She nodded at the Purrloin with approval after each performance.

The room slowly filled in as other contestants arrived to prep and get in costume. She continued to rehearse with her Pokemon, until an attendant came in to let them all know there were 15 minutes to the start of the show.

Marcella checked her reflection one last time, tucking away any loose strands of hair that had strayed from her chignon. The green chiffon dress flowed down in progressively sheerer tiers. A split ran down the left side of the skirt, exposing her leg on one side. Adorning her neckline was a deep green jade pendant; it was probably not going to be visible to the judges from this distance, but she wanted to wear it anyway. The rest of her outfit should scream 'jade' enough, regardless. As she moved closer to the mirror to inspect her makeup, she quickly used her finger to wipe away any of the fallout from the rich, green eyeshadow framing her dramatic, winged eyeliner. Stage makeup had to be very prominent, after all. "Okay, perfect. I think we got this. You guys ready?"

❃❃❃❃❃​

All the contestants were lined up backstage and given a number before they were ushered to their lounge. "Number twelve?" She scoffed to the attendant, as if he had a say in the numbering. He gave her an apologetic smile anyway, and Marcella had no choice but to take the seat furthest away from the stage entrance. It was going to be a long wait, might as well get comfortable. A small TV sat in the corner, with a live feed of what was happening on stage.

A man in a sharp, grey suit, who was clearly in his mid-30s to 40s already but still had his hair styled like a 20-year old stepped up first. "Alright! Good morning, everyone. We are about to get underway with this D-Rank Pokemon Contest, and thank you all for joining us today! My name is Jonah Moore, and I'll be serving as the MC."

He briefly explained the rules and rounds of the contests for the benefit of anyone in the audience who was unfamiliar, and Marcella took this time to look around at her competition. A few nervous faces stared back - many of the other contestants looked anxious, which was baffling, since the audience was pretty small. Nobody was particularly well dressed, save for maybe one androgynous figure in a pretty, blue suit.

Mr. Moore finally wrapped up his speech, signaling the start of the first round. The first two contestants that were ushered out were… embarrassing, in a word. Marcella yawned, glancing at the clock periodically. Yup, it was going to be a long wait. It wasn't until the third contestant that things picked up a bit more.

"Next, give it up for contestant number 3, Miss Shuna Kamado!"

A mousy, pale girl walked on stage, followed by a Marshstomp and Aron at her heels, stopping once she was at the center. She wore a blue, strapless pouf dress with heels, a white and light blue shrug covering her shoulders and tied by a bow right above her chest. Her hair was let loose except for some front strands pulled back and tied to a white and blue bow behind her head. On one wrist, she had a golden bangle bracelet, and on the other was a bracelet with a mystical-looking stone that Marcella did not recognize. That was the first thing that caught her attention. She sat up straighter in her seat.

"Hello! My name is Shuna Kamado and i'm here with my Pokemon, Finn and Argo!" The two Pokemon cried and squeaked at their respective nicknames. "We'll be performing the third act and I hope you enjoy the small show!" Shuna bowed deeply before righting herself up, waiting for the confirmation from the host and judges.

The moment the judges gave the go, the girl began to dance to the beat. She tapped her toes to the floor two times before jumping, letting her body move instinctively. Another dance, shoot. Marcella fidgeted in her seat as she watched, hoping it wouldn't be too similar to their act. Ours is more theatrical, anyway.

As the girl danced, the Aron - or Argo, as she called it - chirped and ran around her, jumping when the girl did, as if trying to copy her movement. It was a strange choice for a dancing partner, Marcella thought privately. Shuna chuckled as Argo softly squeaked, following her and trying not to use too much weight.

The larger Pokemon jumped in next, turning so he landed on the floor in front of Shuna on his back, twirling around while letting a stream of water from his mouth. As he twirled, the stream of water created a small, swirling cage around the three with water forming under the Marshtomp, Finn like a blanket. The water would go up a few feet before raining down as droplets, Shuna and Argo would jump when a slip of water would come close to their feet, jumping from time to time as they moved behind Finn. Shuna would jump to the right and Argo would follow, then she jumped to the middle and then left, her follower at her heels and around her feet.

After a minute, Shuna stopped and twirled as much as possible, closing her eyes as she put her trust in her Pokemon.

Finn charged a Water Pulse with his mouth as he placed one hand down, Argo jumping on his open palm with the rhythm of the music. Finn launched the ball of water up and then threw Argo right after with all his strength. He quickly stood in front of Shuna and puffed up his cheeks. Once Argo was underneath the Water Pulse, he quickly used Metal Claw to hit the Water Pulse, causing it to burst as he flew past the explosion of water. The explosion caused a shower of water to fall and sparkle from the stage lights.

As Argo fell, Finn opened his mouth and let out another Water Pulse, but stronger and larger due to the Mystic Water, straight at Argo. Argo used Metal Claw again, repeating the pattern, causing a bigger shower of water. Argo dropped and Finn quickly caught him with both hands, holding him up above him as Shuna stopped twirling, moving her arms at a 120 degree angle and palms facing the ceiling, watching as the small shower fell.

It was actually fairly impressive. A big improvement from the previous two, at the very least. Shuna exited the stage as the applause faded, and the next contestant was called up - a trembly, blonde girl introduced as Avril. She walked closer to the stage entrance, hesitating a bit as she rattled a pendant around her neck, but soon enough she was out there where everyone could see her… one single Pokéball in her hand. Like the previous contestant, her clothes fit well enough for them to not have been borrowed, if a bit plain. Just a pair of black sandals and a simple, pink swing dress. All that coupled with a few too many bracelets, earrings, round glasses, and a little flower crown.

Some more moments of hesitation, and a Shellos appeared in front of her. It didn't take long for it to disrupt the whole stage with a combination of Mud Sport and Rain Dance, taking delight in the droplets falling on it as it slipped back and forth on the muddy surface… all without a second Pokémon appearing. Marcella frowned. Did she not get the memo? she thought with a raised eyebrow, wondering how this girl had passed registration.

It was then that, amidst all the fake flowers on Avril's head, a true one showed up. "Now, Poppy!" The girl cheered, as her Pokémon shot a barrage of glowing leaves upwards, and still anchored to the flower crown, kept them up in the air with Fairy Wind. The shiny particles floated all around the girl as, finally, the Flabébé sprung up from Avril's head and showed herself for real.

At that point, Avril issued another command. "Grassy Terrain and Water Pulse!" Shellos shot a large orb of water right at the floating leaves, which dissolved into a myriad of smaller droplets and small fragments. The raincloud from before dissolves as well, as they all fell onto the arena as Poppy was bouncing all around it, turning the mud into what looked like a pristine meadow - much safer to walk in.

All that was left to do for Avril now was finish, as she approached the center of the Grassy terrain, where Angie was waiting for her, and let Poppy land back on her head. "I-I'm done with my e-e-exhibition, thanks." She stuttered through her exit awkwardly, a disappointing end to an otherwise decent routine.

Contestant five was, sadly, a no-show - rather, they had showed up, but ultimately could not be coaxed out by the MC or the other encouraging contestants to get on stage due to their nerves. The young boy left the lounge in tears as Marcella rolled her eyes. She would have tried to help, but one less contestant was less competition, so she remained seated through the ordeal. As they were on a schedule, the showrunners had no choice but to simply skate right through to the next act.

"And now, we have contestant number six, Miss Junko Enomoto!"

Marcella could tell which one was Junko before she even stood up - the child's face turned beet-red as her name was called. She was tall, but not as tall as Marcella - not in her stilettos, at least - and otherwise quite unremarkable.

The young girl nervously walked on-stage wearing a forest green, backless satin gown that at its highest point wrapped around her neck, and reached down to cover her feet. She blankly stared into the small audience, trembling.

Marcella almost thought the screen backstage had frozen for a moment, but after a minute or so of standing completely still, the girl finally sent out her two Pokemon, a stoic Dottler and a nervous Wimpod. "O-okay, do as we practiced!"

Hesitantly, the Wimpod somehow meekly kicked dirt off of the hardwood floor, then rotating one-eighty degrees to kick up more dirt behind him. He repeated this process while facing a different direction each time.

"Einstein, now use Confusion!" Einstein, the name of the girl's other Pokemon, complied. His eyes and blue polka-dots glew bright pink, and the individual dirt particles that Wimpod had kicked up into the air were surrounded by a middling psychic aura that was the same color as Einstein's dots were glowing. The dirt particles began spinning around, forming a micro tornado.

"Now Chip, use Aqua Jet!" Chip the Wimpod's body covered itself in water, skidding across the floor, and then jetted his way to the dirt tornado, spinning around the base of it.

Einstein's eyes glowed an even brighter shade of pink, and Chip was engulfed within the psychic energy. With the help of the Dottler, Chip began levitating off the ground, being floated up and down while circling the dust tornado, still Aqua Jetting.

Awkwardly grinning, June turned directly towards the audience. "I suppose this is my exhibit- A somewhat windy crisis." She followed with a few stilted giggles.

That was a crisis, alright, Marcella thought, as she politely clapped along with the others.

"Thank you, Miss Enomoto!"

Marcella ducked out quickly to use the bathroom after the tall girl's act, but she had a feeling she wouldn't be missing out on too much in between. She took the time to change into her ballet slippers as well, and returned just in time for the eighth contestant, who had a mouthful for a name that Mr. Moore stumbled over twice before getting out correctly.

"Natsuko Soyokaze, did I get that right?" He looked at the girl off-stage, finally getting her approval as the audience chuckled at him. "I am so sorry about that."

The girl paused before stepping onto the stage, taking a breath to steady herself. She walked into view of the audience, her soft sandals making no noise on the stage, dressed in a black yukata tied with a simple blue sash. Her square glasses looked almost plain next to the jade butterfly hair clip she wore. Marcella studied it intently through the screen, trying to determine if it was real jade or not, but it was too hard to tell from the small TV.

"Hello, everyone. For today's theme, I present a haiku." She glanced off stage, nodding to someone before starting. "Spirit of fire…"

Her Ponyta ran onstage, white streamers trailing behind her and leaving hoofprints of fire in her wake. While the audience was distracted, a bucket of water was pushed onstage.

"The jade empress is summoned!" She tossed a Poké Ball, and a Magikarp appeared, wearing a regal green kimono and a gold crown. Marcella gasped to hide her laughter, as it splashed into the bucket, putting out the flaming hoofprints. The kimono fit well, too - she couldn't believe someone went through the trouble of creating an outfit for the hapless-looking creature.

Ponyta trotted over to the bucket, her mane and tail ablaze, but Magikarp splashed again, throwing water on Ponyta. The flames subsided, and Ponyta knelt before Magikarp. Natsuko bowed to the audience, smiling slightly. "Crisis averted."

She plucked Magikarp from the bucket as Ponyta followed her off stage. That was certainly something.

Marcella zoned out through the next two acts, checking her phone frequently for text messages. She was getting fairly antsy, and most of these acts were not very impressive.

"Looks like we're nearing the end of the first exhibits! Leading up to our final contestant, give it up for Miss Robynn White!" Almost there, she thought to herself, as contestant number eleven very calmly walked on-stage, sticking her hands in the pockets of her artic blue tuxedo jacket that was matched with a bow-tie of the same color. Her neatly kept, platinum blonde pixie crop gave the impression she could be a teenage boy, if her lightly colored outfit hadn't vaguely conformed to her feminine figure. Her silver stud piercings on her ear lobes also added to the feminine aspect of the fair skinned girl.

As with the other contestants, Robynn was greeted by applause, especially from the women in the audience. Modestly, the androgynous contestant waved back at the crowd.

"Ladies, gents, and everyone beyond, how are we all doing this morning?" Robynn asked, looking into the audience with a smooth charisma to her voice. She might have been the only contestant so far with any sort of stage presence, a stark contrast to the mostly-anxious kids before her. "You all know my name, so I suggest you all sit back, relax, and enjoy the show."

She then tossed two Pokeballs, sending out a Snom and a Shuppet who levitated in the air. "These are my good friends, Rhondo the Snom, and Moldavite the Shuppet. Why don't you say hi to the crowd?" Moldavite cheered while facing the audience, whereas Rhondo's response was much meeker.

"Aw, poor girl. She must be under the weather- Snom live in much colder environments than Hoenn. Hey Moldavite, let's say we cool it down a bit?"

Shuppet nodded, floating over to stage right, and used her… skirt… to kick up a cool, purple wind.

"That's much better!" Robynn commented. "But it's a little gloomy in here. Rhondo, let's brighten it up, shall we?"

The Ominous Wind effortlessly blew Rhondo to stage left where she landed. Once she was able to hold onto the floor again, the Snom somehow kicked up a wind of her own, this one being quick, warm, and pink instead. The Fairy Wind blew over the ghost-type move, while the later arched below Snom's attack.

"Now Rhondo, Powder Snow!" Snom gently spat out an icey powder into the pink wind, with the warmth of it causing the Powder Snow to melt before falling through the Ominous Wind, creating a mini rain.

"Would you look at that- Powder Snow became rain. At least this'll prevent you from going through a drought anytime soon, and what a way to wrap up an exhibition!"

Robynn bowed to the applause, with her Pokemon nodding, as that was the closest they could get to actually bowing. Marcella clapped as well, scrutinizing the girl's presence. She was definitely one to watch out for.

She didn't have much time to muse on this, however, as her name was called at last.

Finally, she thought as she glided up the stage with Bijou in tow. Truthfully, the third act had her a little worried, since it was pretty similar to hers, but that was quite a few performances ago, and she had the edge of making the last impression of the first round. Aside from that in the back of her mind, she was feeling pretty confident, despite the limited prep time they'd had.

She looked out into the small audience and bowed to the judges. In an elegant sweeping motion, she tossed out Pearly's Luxury Ball, and the ornately decorated Clamperl emerged, materializing in the center of the stage. Balancing on her shell's hinge, she initiated the routine with her simple but crucial part of the act, and a Whirlpool ascended from the Bivalve Pokémon. The green, shimmery pattern was dazzling under the spotlight - they did not get a chance to practice any of this on the actual stage yesterday with Pearly, but it looked even better than Marcella had imagined.

She had no time to admire her work, though, as the music she had given to the MC started playing. On cue, she smiled at the audience, and she and Bijou began their ballet routine. The skirt of her dress fluttered gently from both the motion and the wind generated by Pearly's vortex.

She was leading the dance, but their dance number was short, both to hide the clunkier moves of Bijou, and taking the instructor's advice, she wanted the focus on her Pokémon. Half a minute into their routine, the light violin music pitched downward into an ominous cello piece, and she hoisted Bijou up, Arabesque-style, before gently submerging her into the Whirlpool and quietly spinning out of view. All eyes were on Bijou and Pearly now.

Inside the vortex, Bijou held her pose as she spun - not only did the Whirlpool aid with the "windy" aspect of the prompt, but it allowed Bijou to pirouette without actually having to spin herself, something they'd found out she was woefully incapable of doing the day before. As rehearsed, at each intense beat of music, Bijou would stick her face out of the Whirlpool and re-enact her practiced emotions of fear, drowning, and finally, clawing for her life.

She could hear delighted laughter from the audience at the dramatic Purrloin's theatrically pained expressions, and as the final notes of the orchestral piece played, Marcella rejoined her Pokemon to clapping, pulling Bijou back out of the Whirlpool and back to "life", as they both fell into curtsies on either side of Pearly. She looked back up, and saw the judges smiling back as they clapped along with the audience.

"See? Told you we got this, guys." She breathed out.

A JP Featuring:

Evily as Shuna Kamado
    Eleanor as Avril Reese
    QueenNothing as Junko Enomoto
    Groc as Natsuko Soyokaze
    QueenNothing as Robynn White

Party

Purrloin ♀ // Bijou
    Level 19

Scratch
    Fake Out
    Sand Attack
    Play Rough

Art

Clamperl ♀ // Pearly
    Level 10

Clamp
    Water Gun
    Whirlpool
    Iron Defense

Inventory

₱33,000

Rotom Phone (Sky Blue)
    Luxury Balls x 4
    Silk Scarf
    Contest Pass

Trainer Info

Badges will go here, too

Last edited:
    Years
  • Junko Enomoto (June)
    Monday, September 20th, Morning

"Starting the battle round, let's give it up for our first battle- Miss Junko Enomoto versus Miss Robynn White!"

As she did in the previous round, June nervously entered in from stage left, doing her best to not mind the audience. As a contrast, Robynn took the applause quite well, waving at different audience members and even making eye-contact with them, something June couldn't imagine doing from her stage fright.

What stood out to June more, however, was the appearance of the girl standing across from her, as she stared deep into Robynn's blue eyes, admiring the androgynous look she could so seamlessly pull off. As typical of the brunette, all she could do was blush.

"I'm glad you like what you see, but do you mind making a move?" The opposing trainer asked.

"Wh- wait what!? Oh, al-al-already? I-I-I-I mean we've just met, an-"

"We're still waiting on both contestants to send out their Pokemon! Remember, this is a five minute timed battle!"

June's cheeks faded to a deeper red, and she awkwardly smiled. "O-Oh, that's what you meant."

"Seems my opponent isn't sending her Pokemon out first. In that case, come on out Rhondo and Moldavite!"

After getting an up-close look at Robynn's Pokemon, June sent out her own, Chip and Einstein.

"Moldavite, blow up an Ominous Wind, and Rhondo, you use Powder Snow!"

The Shuppet used his "skirt" to kick up a cool, purple wind, followed by Rhondo spitting out a snowball, which spread up into smaller snow particles as it soared through the air current.

The snow began to pelt Chip and Einstein faster than anyone was able to react, however Chip mostly resisted the attack, whereas Einstein was able to take a few ranged attacks.

In the middle of the miniature snow storm, Dottler set up a Light Screen, further diminishing the output of the combined attack.

"Good job, Miss Junko!" Robynn cheered. "But I have to ask, have you seen Moldavite around? I swear he was just here a second ago!"

June gave a quizzical expression, but noticed that Shuppet did indeed disappear.

"What the- Where did she go?" She frantically asked herself as she used her PokeGear to scan her opponent's Pokemon. She knew enough about Snom, but Shuppet was out of her ballpark.

Before she could even get any significant data on the ghost-type, however, Moldavite appeared directly behind Einstein, sliding out of his shadow, covered himself in a shadowy energy, and used all his might to tackle Dottler, knocking him outside of the Light Screen.

"There you are! Well I say now we warm it up a little, so let's have Rhondo use Fairy Wind."

Dottler fared decently against the pink air current, and Chip targeted Shuppet as he was still nearby. With Einstein out of the range of Light Screen, his positioning was risky, and his psychic typing made him vulnerable to any bug attacks Snom might know. June needed to neutralize the threat.

Einstein blared annoying sound waves at Snom, causing him to dizzily spin around. June had been too focused on this to notice Shuppet disappeared after an Aqua Jet landed on her, and Moldavite once again snuck out of Einstein's shadow, and bashed into Dottler.

With Moldavite at point-blank range, however, Einstein shot a Confusion from his shell, knocking both Pokemon back after impact. Due to either unwillingness or inability, Einstein was unable to move beyond where Shuppet knocked him back to, and he skid on the wood floor, crashing into Rhondo, who also skid back from the impact.

Snom was too dizzy to tell left from right, so she was mostly a non-issue. June needed to focus her efforts on Moldavite.

Before she began her assault on Shuppet, she had Einstein set up a Reflect barrier, which would be useful for a super effective move such as Shadow Sneak, which she learned the name of through the Pokedex.

Moldavite let out an awful screeching sound, one which every nearby person and Pokemon winced at, with the people within its range covering their ears. Robin was an exception though, for whatever reason, and she didn't seem to mind it.

Unlike the androgynous trainer though, Einstein, Chip, and even Rhondo all had their defenses lowered by the noise, but with Shuppet at a close range, Einstein was able to successfully land a Super Sonic on the ghost-type, causing her to spin around as well.

"Bravo! Bravo!" Robynn clapped, to the confusion of June. "Both my Pokemon are confused, but I think we'll see how much that stops us. Rhondo, use Fairy Wind, Moldavite, use Ominous Wind!"

Both Robynn's Pokemon used their dizzy state to their advantage, blowing up air currents that wrapped around them like some kind of cyclone. The cyclones gave them mobility to chaotically move around the stage, nearing in on June's Pokemon.

Initially the brunette was discouraged seeing both her Pokemon getting stuck in the Ominous tornado, Rhondo not being as lucky, but once she realized this was similar to her earlier performance, decided her strategy then would come in handy

"Chip, use Aqua Jet, and Einstein, use Confusion to move Chip around!"

Einstein used psychic energy to have Chip Aqua Jet around the Ominous tornado, almost exactly as they had in the first round. Now all June needed to do was finish o-

"Time's up!" The MC announced suddenly. "The judges have seen the battle, and have made up their mind! Miss Robynn White battled beautifully, but Miss Junko Enomoto was able to spectacularly turn the tide, incorporating her round one showcase! Based on this, the judges have decided to pick Miss Junko Enomoto to move onto the third and final round!"

The crowd clapped, and June felt relieved. But unlike how she felt after winning against Brawly, there was a sense of accomplishment she felt from her battle, even if she was unable to wrap it up, and the congratulations of the audience certainly added to her feeling.

Hands in her pockets, Robynn casually approached the brunette, whose cheeks grew redder the closer she got. "You did pretty good!"

"Th-th-thanks!" June looked down to hide her blushing. "Y-y-y- You too! Your performance was also really good!"

"It's not that impressive." Robynn modestly responded. "But I appreciate it. I heard there's a contest hall in Petalburg, and after this I know I'm definitely going there soon. Hopefully I'll see you there!"

The white haired girl flashed a charming grin at the tall girl before walking off-stage, and June could feel her heart pounding like a drum. "I-I hope we see each other then too!" She called out, hoping that Robynn could hear her cry.

🐞June's party🐞
    825.png
    767.png
    netball.png
    netball.png
    netball.png
    netball.png

Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    15,492​

Years
  • Natsuko Soyokaze and Marcella MacMillan
    Monday, September 20th, morning
    Dewford Town, Contest Hall

"Next up, we have Miss Natsuko Soyokaze vs Miss Marcella MacMillan!"

Tsu steps back onto the stage, giving a polite bow to the audience. She'd put her favorite hat, the black flat cap, back on in between rounds. Her opponent steps onto the stage as well, with her Purrloin still by her side, and Tsu offers a quick wave.

"So, we're gonna fight now, huh? Can't say I expected that in a Contest." The other girl is still waving, but to the audience and judges instead. She jerks her head down to look at Tsu as she speaks, as if noticing her there for the first time.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I wouldn't worry about it - these Contests are a show first and foremost, right? The first and last rounds should hold more weight. Anyway, good luck, dear." She whispers back, as she takes her place on her designated side of the stage.

"Right. Okay…" Tsu tries out a move she's been practicing, pulling both Poké Balls out with one hand and tossing them both into the air. Shiny and Stacy both come out, though Stacy lands on Shiny's back before flopping to the floor. The audience laughs at her, but she settles herself calmly next to Shiny.

Marcella is smirking as well, but quickly composes herself as her eyes meet Tsu's. She gently gestures for the Pokemon at her heel to step forward, then tosses out a Luxury Ball. A Clamperl lands next to the Purrloin, and they both stand ready.

"Let's make this interesting, and brighten up these people's day!" Shiny nods, a small ball of yellow light forming in her mouth. With a flick of her head, she tosses the ball into the air, where it bursts and leaves a tiny, glowing orb over the stage. Stacy jumps up onto Shiny's back, onto her head, then finally jumps over the miniature sun.

The Purrloin watches intently from the ground below, ready to pounce as soon as the Magikarp lands. Marcella holds a hand up to shield her eyes from the light, before calling out to the Clamperl. "Pearly, aim your Water Gun at the Ponyta!"

"Stacy, use Tackle! Shiny, Flame Wheel!" Tsu calls out before her Magikarp has completed her jump. The Duchess somehow adjusts her aim in mid-air, coming down on top of Purrloin, who lets out a surprised yowl. "Ah- Bijou!" Her trainer calls out, but she sounds just as surprised, and does not follow up with a command immediately. Meanwhile, Shiny's mane and tail flare up with flames, the fire curling around her as she charges toward Clamperl. Between that and the fake sun, she barely notices the spray of water.

Marcella… looks like she has never participated in a double battle before, glancing back and forth between her two Pokemon and unsure of which to prioritize. As her Purrloin finally wrestles Stacy off her with a grunt, she snaps back into it and encourages her to slap the Magikarp around with a Play Rough. The chubby little Purrloin aggressively knocks Stacy around the stage with her claws, before pouncing on top of her with fangs bared. Her trainer looks far too amused by this, before noticing how fast Shiny is approaching. "Oh! Pearly, Iron Defense!"

On her command, the Clamperl's- Pearly, and the Purrloin is Bijou... -shell slams down, and she braces for the attack. Shiny spins as she gets close, bucking Pearly with her back hooves.

Tsu nervously adjusts her hat. Battling against another Trainer is hard enough, but doing it as part of a show? "Shiny, use Stomp! Stacy, you're not a toy, fight back!"

Shiny rears up, neighing majestically as her flaming mane blows in a nonexistent wind, then brings her hooves down on top of Pearly. The shell flies open, and she instinctively Clamps down on her attacker.

Stacy flops and splashes around Bijou, having managed to escape being pinned, before jumping and slapping the mean little kitty with her tail. Bijou snorts as she is whacked in the face, and her Trainer calls out, "Scratch! Keep her down!" Claws protract again, making a soft tinking noise against Stacy's scales as the Purrloin smacks her back down every time she splashes up, dribbling her like a basketball.

Tsu looks between her two Pokémon, neither one in a good spot. What was I thinking, sending Stacy against a Purrloin? Cats have the advantage over fish, that's just nature! She focuses on Shiny, who is trying to shake Pearly off of her front leg. Wait…

"Shiny, use Flame Charge!" Shiny isn't sure how to charge a foe that's currently clinging to her, but takes a few faltering steps anyway. The flames on her fetlocks flare up as she builds speed, even the leg Pearly is clamped onto. It was getting a little too toasty in there for her, even for a Water-type, and the Clamperl releases Shiny. A stream of steam rises from the shell as she does so.

Turning her attention to Stacy, she doesn't have as good of an idea. "Don't try to escape, she's too quick. Get in closer!" Stacy does as instructed, getting right up in Bijou's face and trying to push her over. The Purrloin is not as lean as most of her species, giving her a little extra padding and mass against Stacy, but also making her a bit clumsier; she finally topples over after a bit of wrestling, belly exposed. "Come on, get up!" Marcella encourages, looking a little flustered, but Bijou is having a bit of trouble righting herself under the Magikarp.

Tsu capitalizes on that, encouraging Stacy to keep Bijou pinned. "Use Splash, Stacy! Don't let her get up!" The Duchess flops around on top of the cat, denying her any real momentum or dignity. It's not a winning strategy, but Tsu knows the timer will run out before Stacy can actually win in a straight fight.

Now for the tough nut to crack, metaphorically speaking. Without any real plan, Tsu just has Shiny use Flame Wheel, as it's her strongest and most visually impressive attack. Shiny jumps over Pearly, lashing out with her hooves as her hair burns brightly. She lands behind the Clamperl, but not before leaving a scorch-mark on her shell. Almost simultaneously, the small, glowing orb of light suspended above them also fades away.

The stage dims back down, to Pearly's apparent relief, but the ticking timer must be getting to Marcella too, and she seemingly calls out her next command without thinking too much about it. "Pearly, Water Gun again!" The Clamperl tries to oblige, but can't seem to swivel herself around enough to get a clear shot at the Ponyta.

"Sunny Day, one more time!" Tsu quickly calls out, earning an excited cheer from somewhere in the audience. Shiny throws up another bead just as Pearly fires off a shot. The water bursts on impact with Shiny, and in the newly refreshed artificial sunlight, the water droplets shine like diamonds. And just as they rain down on the stage, the buzzer goes off, signaling the end of their battle.

"Alright!" The host steps back on the stage shortly, mic in hand. "That is all the time we have for the battle between Ms. MacMillan and Ms. Soyokaze. Let's give them a round of applause - they both did brilliantly! As it appears none of their Pokemon have been knocked out, please give the judges a moment to deliberate and tally up their points. We will be announcing the winner of this round shortly."

Marcella makes her way to the center of the stage, rubbing at the scorch mark on Pearly's shell. Bijou also finally manages to get Stacy off her, and joins her Trainer.

Tsu picks Stacy up, trying to smooth out her still-wet kimono. She comes up beside Marcella, Shiny at her side and slightly behind. "Hey," she whispers, "that was a good match! I think you would win an actual battle."

The tall girl bristles slightly at the sight of the damp Magikarp being held so close to her, but she puts on a smile quickly. "Oh, thank you. You... surprised me - especially with Stacy there, she put up more of a fight than I expected." She reaches out a hand and stiffly pets her scaly belly.

Stacy moves slightly under Marcella's touch. She doesn't have the facial muscles to smile, but she closes her eyes in content. "Thank you! That's so nice of you to say!" Tsu actually does smile, and it is legitimately one of the nicest things someone has said about Stacy.

The mic squeals, announcing the return of the host, and he clears his throat. "Thank you all for waiting! Seems like it was a close one, but one contestant has come out ahead with a few more dazzling style points, and it seems she really made a splash - so now, without further ado, please put your hands together for the winner of this round, Ms. Natsuko Soyokaze!"

Tsu is genuinely surprised that she won, even as the spotlight shines on her. "I… I won? Ha… haha, I won!" She bows to the audience as they all applaud, Shiny mimicking her movements. "Thank you, everyone!"

She turns back to Marcella, who is looking more stunned than her. "And thank you! This was fun!"

Her opponent's disappointment is apparent, but she maintains her grace as she holds out a hand. "Congratulations, dear - good luck with the final round." She says with a slight edge in her voice.

Tsu tenses slightly as she accepts Marcella's hand, her expression frozen. "Right… the final round… t-thanks." The two make their way off stage, making room for the next battle.

A joint post between Juno and Groc.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

[tab=backtostory9][/tab] [tab=pokemon9][/tab] [tab=diary9][/tab] [tab=inv9][/tab] [tab=id9][/tab]

🏟️ Dewford Contest Hall, exterior 🕙 Sept. 21st, Morning

The smile left her face as soon as she got off-stage. Marcella headed straight for the changing rooms, and exited the Contest Hall without watching the rest of the competition. That was humiliating. She didn't even make it to the final round.

They took a quick trip to the Pokémon Center—unlike her ego, Bijou and Pearly weren't all that bruised up, so they didn't have to stay very long. She soon found herself wandering back onto the playground by the Contest Hall, glumly rocking herself on a swing as she watched Bijou stretching out in the morning sun.

Marcella always hated losing more than anything. It's why she refuses to play chess, it's why she doesn't participate in those rigged carnival games, and why she didn't want to come on this journey. You can't fail at something you don't do, but if you have to do it and you're not good at it...

"Tough break, huh?" A somewhat-familiar, lazy voice disturbed her contemplation. She turned around to see the man who'd saved her from the Dwebble yesterday. He hadn't been following her, had he? It was a pretty small town. "Oh, sorry, dude—didn't mean to scare ya." He added, sensing her apprehension. "Thought you might need a pep talk after what happened in there."

How embarrassing. She hoped no one else saw her leave in a huff. Nobody likes a sore loser. She played it cool. "Oh. Hello, again. You were watching that, huh?"

"Hey, not too far, dudes! If you can't see me, I can't see you." He called out to a pair of kids darting past the monkey bars, before sitting down on the swing next to hers. "Yeah, figured you must be pretty upset to leave without watching the rest of the Contest—hope you don't mind me bein' nosy here, just wanted to check on ya."

She minded a little, honestly, but she could also use someone—anyone—to vent to about this, without hearing any smug I-told-you-so's from Avery. She couldn't call a friend to lament her loss, that's for sure; Marcella doesn't lose, after all. This man had already seen her fail on stage, though, so she couldn't possibly embarrass herself any more talking to him about it. So she did.

He watched his children play, while patiently listening to her rant. "Well, it's a good learning experience. Everyone loses sometimes." He contributed simply, when she was done.

"I don't." She winced at how childish she sounded, before adding, "Pokémon training... just isn't my thing. This is Avery's thing. I never wanted this, and I'm not cut out for it. I mean, she beat me even with a Magikarp—"

"Or, she won despite having a Magikarp, and used every move of her Pokémon to her team's advantage." She did a double-take to make sure she was still talking to the same person, since he had dropped the old surfer-dude demeanor at some point and went all dad-lecturer on her. "It's true that the other young lady didn't have a lot to work with, but she was fairly creative with what she had, and what her Pokémon are good at. That helps in a contest, but that's also a good skill to have in battles outside of them." He turned to look at the stretched-out Bijou. "So, what would you say your Pokémon are good at?"

Eating. Sleeping. Lounging around. "I- I mean, I love her, but... she doesn't do much. That's on me, I raised her as a pet. Been trying to push her into being a bit more fit, but it's going to take a while. And Pearly, well..." She had not even properly battled with Pearly once before getting on stage, so she really wasn't sure what her capabilities are. She just thought the Whirlpool looked cool.

"You didn't prepare at all, did you?" He asked with a knowing smile, as if he had read her mind.

"No... Not for the battle round, no." Marcella sighed. "I know I should have practiced more, my brother did tell me to."

"Ah. Sounds like a smart, young dude."

"Yeah, yeah." What's the deal with dads and Avery? They all love him.

"Anyway, at the end of the day, the choice is yours," He continued. "I just want you to know that failing is necessary sometimes to get further ahead. I'm sure if you asked your brother, he's lost a fair amount before, too. You can take this loss in stride and learn from it, let it fuel your path ahead. Or if it really doesn't feel right, and you want to throw your hat in the ring, well... only you know what's best for you, hm?"

Marcella wasn't expecting this little lecture when a 40-something year old surfer sat down next to her, but she supposed all dads have that in them to some degree. And it actually wasn't unhelpful. She pursed her lips together, thinking over his words.

No, she doesn't want to give up—not yet. Not without giving it a proper try, at least.

"...Do you think you could help me find out? What my Pokémon are good at, that is. Like, in a little practice match, if you have time?"

"'Course." He said simply, jumping off the swing. "Oh, wait—are you challenging me?"

She did know the gist of challenging others—the prize money, both Trainers must accept and agree to the terms and all that. Even if she lost, which was likely considering how tough this guy's Raichu was yesterday, ₱1,500 sounded like a low, low price to pay for a little lesson, and he seemed more than willing to share his knowledge with her.

"Yes. Sure."

"Alrighty, I accept. One sec. Watch my kids. They're the ones that look like each other." Before Marcella could object to the responsibility, he disappeared back inside the Contest Hall, and returned after a few minutes with a young man in uniform. "Borrowed one of their referees," He explained to Marcella, before turning back to the guy. "Thanks again, dude."

He gave a thumbs up back. "No sweat, not the first one of your impromptu battles I've witnessed."

She looked at him curiously. "Do you do this often?" She also didn't recall the need for a referee, but whatever.

"In a manner of speaking." Mr. Surfer smiled. "Alright. I'm going to teach you about the three C's today—Control, Composure, and Creativity."

"Okay." Fancy. This seemed well worth the ₱1,500 already. She eagerly awaited a quick run-down before getting out her Pokémon.

"In battle, Miss." He laughed, pulling out two Poke Balls of his own. "What, you think I'm just going to tell you? Gotta see them in action to learn. Now, I will say that I watched your first round showcase, so I know the creativity is there, somewhere. Just gotta learn how to channel that into your battles. Anyway, I'm sure you remember my friend from yesterday." He continued, as his first Poke Ball released a familiar-looking Raichu. "And his partner today will be... Poliwrath."

It looked mean, was Marcella's first thought when the muscly, blue creature emerged from its capsule. They couldn't all be as friendly-looking as the Raichu, she supposed. "Okay, Bijou. Ready?" Marcella prompted the sunbathing Purrloin to get up and join her, and her relaxed expression communicated she was anything but ready for another battle. Still, she begrudgingly complied. As Bijou stepped out in front of her Trainer, her new teammate also emerged from her own Luxury Ball.

"Alrighty, dudes. So it's a doubles match, as you gathered—first one to have all their Pokémon knocked out, or forfeits, loses." He nodded at the referee from the Contest Hall. "On your go-ahead, friend."

The match opened with Raichu's Electric Terrain. Raichu drifted up the playground, and electricity permeated the entire scope of their battlefield. It didn't seem to be hurting anyone, though. Bijou shook her front paw curiously at the crackling sensation under her.

"Nice, nice. Alright, Poliwrath, my dude—why don't you help your partner out here with a bit of Coaching?" Their Trainer instructed, before turning to Marcella. "It's always good to try and tip the scales in your favour by setting the stage for your Pokémon's later attacks. Like the Ponyta's Sunny Day earlier, for example."

"I—we don't know anything like that yet." She was pretty sure, at least. She turned to her Pokémon. "...Right, guys?"

Two blank stares were returned, confirming her suspicions.

"Right, right—that's fine, too. Everything in due time, but just keep that in your noggin for now. Now give me your best attacks!"

Marcella glanced at the Poliwrath intently giving a pep talk to the Raichu hovering close to it. It seemed like a good time to have Bijou use Fake Out, and while it's startled... maybe a Water Gun from Pearly, yes. She called out the moves as planned to her Pokémon.

Bijou's attack landed, interrupting the Poliwrath's Coaching as she had hoped, but the Water Gun splashed off its blue skin with little effect. It looked a little refreshed by the attack, even. Marcella frowned.

"Alright, that was a solid plan! You just didn't account for Poliwrath's Water Absorb, but I see what you did there. Now, Raichu, Electroweb! And Poliwrath, Water Pulse on the little dude!" In his fervor, he forgot to specify which 'little dude', earning a confused stare from Poliwrath. "The Clamperl, dude!"

Raichu immediately chased Bijou down to trap her in the same net that was used to delay the Dwebble yesterday. Powered up by the Electric Terrain, the Purrloin's entire body crackled as she shook under the web. It draped over Pearly as well, causing her to also shudder in shock. Not good. On its Trainer's clarification, a pulsing blast of water was ejected by the Poliwrath. Pearly was hit square in the face, but seemed fine otherwise. The man snapped his fingers. "Damn. Sometimes that Confuses the opponent. But it's all good. We'll get 'em next round."

Alright, alright... Marcella was starting to pick up what he was putting down. By slowing down her Pokémon and trying to inflict status conditions, he was gaining advantages in the field in other ways. That's something they are capable of, even with what they know—they can try to level the playing field their own way, too.

"Bijou, use Sand Attack to escape! Pearly, catch... the Raichu in a Whirlpool!" She was careful not to pit Pearly against the Poliwrath anymore, not with her water attacks, at least.

Wriggling a paw free, Bijou covered as much of the crackling web with sand to nullify its effect. In her haste, she also tossed some directly up at the Raichu still floating nearby. A happy coincidence, but Marcella played it off as an intentional move. As the Raichu wobbled on its tail, trying to clear its eyes of the sand, it got swept up in the watery vortex Pearly was generating in its direction.

"You learn fast," Mr. Surfer remarked proudly. "It's not just about terrain advantages, but there are a lotta different ways to gain control. Now, are you ready for the next 'C'?"

The kind of thinking he was having her do was actually making this entertaining. It made sense to her. She was having fun. "Thank you, and yes! Which is...?"

"Well, you know it's one of 'Composure' or 'Creativity', and I'm sure you're bright enough to figure it out." He laughed. "Raichu, Teleport out of there, and Electroball on our purple friend. Poliwrath, we'll keep working on the Clamperl—Hypnosis!"

Marcella watched incredulously as the Raichu quickly disappeared from the Whirlpool and darted around the field—it was so fast. How is that possible? Meanwhile, Poliwrath's attempt to incapacitate Pearly one way or another finally paid off, and she was fast asleep one Hypnosis later. Poliwrath patted the closed clamshell, leaning on it with one elbow.

"Pearly? Pearly! Oh—" Damnit.

She didn't like how smug the Tadpole Pokémon looked, but at least she could focus all her attention on figuring out how on earth Bijou was going to catch up to the Raichu. Marcella had instructed her to bring it down with a Scratch, and the Purrloin was definitely pushing herself, but every time Bijou worked up the energy to power ahead, Raichu would Teleport a few feet further to put some distance between them. She looked exhausted.

She was never going to catch it like this.

She was lacking... Composure.

"Bijou, stop! You're tiring yourself out!" She didn't need to be told twice. Panting, the Purrloin stopped in her tracks immediately. "Just wait."

And so, they waited.

Standing still, Bijou was able to catch her breath. Eventually, Raichu hovered close enough to try and deliver its Electro Ball attack, and—

"Now!"

Bijou swiped at Raichu's tail, causing it to lose balance.

"Right on, right on! Little Pearly's lost her composure this round, but I think you picked up on it. Composure looks different to every Pokémon. It's gaining lots of speed for Raichu, but clearly not for Bijou." The older man nodded approvingly. "Okay, I think we're nearing the end here, and I'm sure you'll do fine with the last 'C'. Now, Raichu, Surf's up!"

Marcella remembered what that meant, and as expected, a wave of water swept over the playground. The sleeping Pearly was carried off a few feet before jolting awake, but her shell seemed to have helped her absorb most of the blow. Bijou had managed to clamber up on the jungle gym as the water washed under her.

Nice. The attack didn't seem to have hurt her Pokémon much.

It wasn't until it was too late that she noticed—or rather, didn't notice—the Poliwrath surging towards them in the water.

Its Trainer shouted a well-timed, "Drain Punch!", and Poliwrath popped up as it swept by Bijou, delivering a blow that sent her flying.

Oh. Marcella understood.

The Surf wasn't used to hit her Pokémon, it was to sweep the slower Poliwrath towards Bijou and hit her where it hurt.

Well, shoot. Poliwrath was coming for Pearly, now, too—the water pushing it right towards her. But that gave her an idea.

"Clamp!" Before the blue creature could scramble out of reach, the Clamperl's shell snapped down around the opposing Pokémon. With the water rushing around them, all Marcella could see was her hard shell moving up and down as it continued to ensnare Poliwrath. Its partner hovered nearby, unsure of how to help.

That gave Marcella another idea. She was really on a roll.

"Bijou, jump up on her shell," The Purrloin still clinging to the jungle gym looked at her like she was crazy. "Trust me!"

Reluctantly, she leapt towards Pearly as the clamshell came down on the trapped Poliwrath once again. When the shell flew open, Bijou was propelled through the air. "Scratch!"

Before the Raichu could react, a wet Purrloin was flung in its direction, claws protracted. She landed hard on its tail, bringing both of them towards the sand below, before raking her sharp nails down.

"...Aaand, school's out! Well done, dude!" Her mentor returned his Pokémon with a huge smile on his face.

"That was... That was actually enjoyable." Marcella beamed at him. "I had fun, and I learned a lot. Thank you."

"Glad to hear it! That's the most important part of Pokémon training—having fun. Now, I really believe you didn't prepare at all before walking in there," He jerked a thumb towards the Contest Hall. "Picked up all the basics I wanted to teach in the blink of an eye. See, you just have to give it an honest effort. And have a great teacher. Anyway, here you go."

He drew his hands out of his pockets, casually dropping a small, metallic badge shaped like a boxing glove from his left hand into hers. It's... somewhat shiny. That was the only notable quality about it. She was a little disappointed if this is in lieu of payment. ₱1,500 isn't much, but she would rather have that and buy a coffee or something, than this ugly little pin she's never going to wear.

"Oh... thank you." She said uncertainly.

"Ah, yes—" Picking up on her confusion, he nodded at the referee, who made a startling announcement.

"Gym Leader Brawly has forfeited this match! The young challenger has won!"

Gym Leader who, now?

Mr. Surfer cleared his throat before continuing in a goofy, dramatic voice. "Congratulations, young challenger—I present you with the official Dewford Gym's Knuckle Badge."

Apparently, it was now Marcella's turn to 'lose her composure'. She couldn't believe she ran into the guy she'd been running all over looking for twice already, without knowing this weird surfer-dad was him. "I— oh my gosh, you're Brawly!? I've been looking for you since yesterday! What—"

He let out his hearty laugh as she tried to compose herself again. "Well, you found me! Anyway, well done, again. You earned it."

She looked down at the strange little pin again, in a new light. It was still ugly, but she was seeing it in a new light, nonetheless. "But I didn't earn it."

"Says who? No one gets to decide who gets my badge except for me. And I say you earned it, dude."

Party

Purrloin ♀ // Bijou
    Level 22 (+1 vs. Tsu, +2 vs. Brawly)

Scratch
    Fake Out
    Sand Attack
    Play Rough

Art

Clamperl ♀ // Pearly
    Level 13 (+1 vs. Tsu, +2 vs. Brawly)

Clamp
    Water Gun
    Whirlpool
    Iron Defense

Dear Diary

Inventory

₱37,000 (+ ₱5,000 Prize Money)

Rotom Phone (Sky Blue)
    Luxury Balls x 4
    Silk Scarf
    Contest Pass

Trainer Info

Badges

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

• Avril Reese

16 - ♀ - Laverre City

Joint post with Evily as Shuna Kamado

Pokémon / Inventory:
    AVRIL'S MONEY: $7 000

AVRIL'S TEAM:
    🌼 Poppy (Flabebe) -♀- lv. 25 ↑
    Flower Veil
    Synthesis, Fairy Wind, Grassy Terrain, Lucky Chant, Wish, Magical Leaf

🌼 Hydrangea (Shellos) -♀- lv. 23 ↑
    Storm Drain
    Water Pulse, Mud Bomb, Recover, Rain Dance, Mud Sport, Hidden Power (?)

🌼 Wisteria (Inkay) -♂- lv. 15 - NEW!
    Infiltrator
    Swagger, Hypnosis, Wrap, Pluck, Reflect, Psybeam

SHUNA'S TEAM:
    🌺 Finn (Marshtomp)
    🌺 Argo (Aron)
    🌺 Pidge (Pidgeotto)
    🌺 Clamperl

AVRIL'S INVENTORY:
    🌼 Holotch (phone version)
    🌼 Fanclub Membership card
    🌼 Eviolite
    🌼 Silk Scarf
    🌼 Various clothes and commodities

AVRIL'S CONTACTS:
    Jordie, Shuna, Natsuko, June

AVRIL'S BADGES:
    🥊

🌼 Character art made with [SPAN="color:rgb(40,180,40);"]https://picrew.me/image_maker/94097[/SPAN]
    A trustworthy opponent!
    Monday, September 21st - 10 to 11 a.m. - Dewford Contest Hall
    "Here we have our third and final battle! Avril Reese Vs. Shuna Kamado!"

Shuna walked out onto stage and to her side, trying not to look at the audience or judges. She was tempted to, but she had to keep focus and calm, she was fighting another trainer; one who is just as powerful or maybe more than her and she needs all her nerves for this! The bluenette closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before slowly exhaling; she opened her eyes and brought out two familiar pokeballs, "On stage! Finn! Argo!" As she called, Shuna threw up the pokeballs, releasing said pokemon to their places.

On the other side of the field, still looking a bit uncertain, stood Avril, with Poppy still perched on her head. "A-alright, it's time!" She beckoned Poppy to float away onto the battlefield, before grabbing a Pokéball and releasing Angie as well. She tried to breathe more slowly, trying not to look at her opponent, but when the timer started and the announcer let the battle begin, she was brought back to reality. "O-ok, Lucky Chant and Rain Dance!"

Angie summoned a rain cloud above the entire battlefield, which made Poppy's faint glow more evident as she sang her good luck chant. Avril nodded a couple times and adjusted her glasses, a slight smile on her face as she watched Angie dancing in the rain with delight.

Shuna observed as Avril's pokemon executed their moves, taking notice of the Rain Dance. Maybe… I don't know Shellos's ability, but i'll take the risk.

"Finn, use Water Pulse on Shellos! Argo, use Harden!" Argo squeaked as his body flashed white and shined, raising his physical defense. Finn created a blue ball of water and threw it at the floor towards the Shellos, Angie, causing water to form under the ball as it glided towards the Shellos.

Angie readied up a Water Pulse of her own, as she waited for the enemy attack to hit her. Of course, that never happened, as all the water was drained into the bubble in front of the Shellos's mouth, before being launched right at Aron. In the meantime, following Avril's command, Poppy twirled in the air as she fired off Magical Leaf towards Finn.

Shiz… Shellos must have the Storm Drain ability! Shuna narrowed her eyes, opening her mouth to relay her next commands.

Argo's body gained a white aura-outline as he summoned a few rocks with the same outline to appear above him in a ring-like formation. He squeaked, motioning his head towards the Flabebe, Poppy, causing the rocks to fly at fast speed above towards their target.

As Argo commenced his move, Finn watched the Water Pulse closely, waiting for his chance. He puffed up his cheeks as the Mystic Water faintly glowed, but no power-up was given yet.

Once the rocks were close enough, Argo released the move, causing the outline to vanish and gravity to take over.

When the Water Pulse was inches away, Finn opened his mouth and fired a Water Gun. Argo flinched when he heard a collision close and turned, seeing a Water Pulse inches from him being held back by Finn's Water Gun. Finn narrowed his eyes, the Mystic Water glowed more and the water coming from Finn gained a faint glow, immediately increasing in strength and size. The new strength of the Water Gun broke the Water Pulse, causing a small shower of rain.

Avril grimaced and grinded her teeth, seeing both of her Pokémon in difficult situations. Poppy was indeed stuck beneath the rocks that Argo had casted, and it was too late to beat herself over it for not letting her Flabébé know fast enough. Angie was still ready to attack, though…

"Ok, Water Pulse on the rocks!" The blonde girl called out, letting out a sigh of relief as her strategy worked. "And Magical Leaf!" Poppy's attack cut through the dust and smoke, waving through the air as it moved towards Finn. She was not feeling too well after that Rock Tomb, and somewhat struggled to take flight again, but was still determined to win and give it her all.

Finn crossed his arms over his chest and stayed in place instead of dodging, taking the hit. He stumbled a bit, the pain and super effect from being a grass move kicks in, but he managed to stay standing. He knew his trainer had a plan, and he wasn't about to fail now.

The magic leaf did a lot of damage, that should be enough power to faint one of her pokemon… but I don't think he can handle another grass move...However..."Finn! Keep Bide up until it's time! Argo, protect him using Rock Tomb!"

Argo squeaks, the outline and rocks returning, but instead of throwing them, he kept them around to protect Finn. He knew that Finn was in bad condition with the Magical Leaf and taking another hit might knock him unconscious, so he had to protect his friend until it was time.

Bide? Avril struggled to remember what that move even did, her memories from Trainer School too deep in her head to be pulled out right there and then. But she couldn't lose time! The clock was ticking, and all she could do was call out another attack. Angie and Poppy both aimed for Argo, one letting out a powerful, rain boosted Water Pulse, the other casting some more sinister leaves which twirled around the bubble as it moved forward. The blonde girl watched in apprehension, still somewhat trembling.

Perfect! "Finn! Argo!"

The mudfish pokemon uses most of his strength to move in front of Argo and the latter moves the rocks to form a semi-circle in the air. Once released, the rocks fell, creating a blockade behind Angie and Poppy.

Finn took the double hits, getting pushed back a few inches until he was centimeters from Argo, who squeaked, worried about his partner. Finn trembled, but he opened his eyes as his body gained a white outline, the energy slowly growing as he un-crossed his arms a bit. He looked at the two pokemon across from the and let out a cry, un-crossing his arms as the energy condensed into a white beam, towards his targets."

With that attack, it was over. The smoke dissolved only to show Angie and Poppy fainted on the battleground, and Avril with her hands covering her mouth, as if to stop a scream from coming out, still trembling. The verdict from the presenter and the judges came soon after - Shuna had made it to the final round!

The blonde girl tried to remain collected, walking up to Poppy and picking her up from the ground before recalling Angie as well. "Congrats, Shuna! You did well…" She muttered after that.

Shuna wanted to smile, but frowned when she saw how distraught Avril was. She walked over to the girl and placed a hand on her shoulder, returning Argo and Finn along the way. "How about we go and get Poppy healed up?"

"W-we really should… thanks, Shuna." Avril blushed, raising her head and smiling nervously as she gave her Pokémon a head pat. The two girls walked back out of the spotlight and into the backstage area together, with Avril intently looking at either Poppy or Shuna, but nowhere else.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

[tab=backtostory10][/tab] [tab=pokemon10][/tab] [tab=diary10][/tab] [tab=inv10][/tab] [tab=id10][/tab]

🏖️ Dewford Town 🕙 Sept. 21st, Afternoon

The Knuckle Badge was a little blurry on camera. Marcella tried to focus it a few times, but between the shaky movement as she walked back to the Fan Club, and all the colorful umbrellas and beach towels in the background, it just wouldn't cooperate. Oh, well. He has one of these himself, he gets the point. She flipped the camera back over and focused it on herself.

"Who just got her first badge within a week of her trip?" She gloated merrily. "It's me. And you were worried about—what? What is that look supposed to mean?"

A slightly amused, patronizing smile was returned. How annoying. "Yes, yes, I know. Everyone gets Brawly's badge. That's why I said to go there first."

Classic Avery—couldn't let her be proud for two minutes. "Well, then why did you tell me I had to practice for him?"

He shrugged. "I wanted you to embarrass yourself a little less. I know how easily discouraged you are by stuff like that. He's fun, though, right? Did you learn anything from him?"

"...Yeah," She responded flatly, putting the badge away. "I sure did."

"Anyway, you should probably think about heading back to Slateport, now that you actually have two Pokémon, huh?"

"Psh-yeah, like I'm listening to you again. You were the one who told me to go there in the first place without letting me know the Gym's requirements."

"...No, I'm sure I'd told you about the licensing stuff there first, and also the Gym requirement's, but it all went in one ear and out the other because you were too distracted by the market. Anyway, it's your journey, so go wherever you want, I'm just saying Slateport is a good idea."

She frowned. Was that how it happened? She couldn't really remember. It's possible, she did have fun at the market. But she was considerably less excited to go back to Slateport now. Marcella didn't like backtracking, and it would also probably be a lot less fun without a credit card.

"I'll think about it."

He was getting on her nerve a little. Eager to prove herself, Marcella had made her decision before she hung up. She would be going... well, she didn't know exactly where she was going, but it was anywhere other than where Avery wanted her to go.

"Okay, Bijou, we are going our own way!"

"Mrow?"

"We don't need his help. He's right, this is my journey. I go where I want." She opened a new browser on her phone to start scouting. On the Breezy Seas schedule, it seemed the next ferry leaving Dewford was at 4 pm. Perfect. "Alright! Let's go eat lunch and then start packing for... Petalburg."

Next time I make that call, I'll be showing you something you're not expecting.

Party

Purrloin ♀ // Bijou
    Level 22

Scratch
    Fake Out
    Sand Attack
    Play Rough

Art

Clamperl ♀ // Pearly
    Level 13

Clamp
    Water Gun
    Whirlpool
    Iron Defense

Dear Diary

Inventory

₱37,000

Rotom Phone (Sky Blue)
    Luxury Balls x 4
    Silk Scarf
    Contest Pass

Trainer Info

Badges

Last edited:
    Years
  • Junko Enomoto (June)
    Monday, September 20th, Morning

June has made it to the final round of her first Pokemon contest. It was a great feeling, and for the third round she was free to have her Pokemon do whatever kind of performance she wanted to. Naturally, the first thing that came to her mind was something that showed off the beauty of bug-types. Maybe she could use a bug-type move, but that presented one big issue.

Both her Pokemon only knew one bug-type move. Their movepools were very limited until they evolved, which was a long road ahead. Right now, June needed to think of something, and fast- She didn't have a lot of time left before the final round began.

After thinking long and hard, she had an idea, although she wasn't sure how well it would pan out. Only one way to find out.

June took a deep breath before looking down at her two Pokemon who was waiting patiently for her instructions. "Alright, Einstein, we're going to have to rely on your psychic energy for this…"

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the first performance of our final round, Miss Junko Enomoto!"

The audience greets June with applause, still wearing her green gown. She tosses two of her Pokeballs, sending out both Einstein and Chip.

Facing the audience, June nervously waves. "H-hello everybody, thank you all so much for cheering me on! For my final round I-I'd like to show you all the beauty of bug Pokemon!" She releases an anxious breath, and looks to her Pokemon. "N-now, I want both of you to use Struggle Bug, and then Einstein, you use Confusion, just like we practiced!"

Both Pokemon spits out a burst of green energy, and Einstein uses psychic energy to hold the Struggle Bugs in place, then fusing them. While the Dottler was occupied with that, Chip kicked up sand at the floating green energy. The sand bits get vacuumed up by the Confusion into the green energy, and both start swirling around, getting broken up into vague butterfly shapes with Einstein's psychic energy. Tiny pebbles formed patterns in the "wings". Chip then uses Aqua Jet, skidding against the floor in circles, and Einstein uses his psychic energy to decorate the water-type attack with "butterflies" that trailed Chip.

June looks back at the audience, greeted with a decent amount of applause. She bows, gives a "Thank you all!", and exits the stage with her Pokemon.

She wasn't sure how she felt about her showcase. It was amusing, sure, but June couldn't help but think it was lacking something . She might need to catch some new Pokemon soon to brighten up her performance for the Petalburg Contest Hall.

🐞June's party🐞
    825.png
    767.png
    netball.png
    netball.png
    netball.png
    netball.png

Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    15,492​
    Chip grew to level 19!
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

[tab=backtostory11][/tab] [tab=pokemon11][/tab] [tab=diary11][/tab] [tab=inv11][/tab] [tab=id11][/tab]

2-11: Connections

🏖️ Resort Cove 🕙 Sept. 21st, Afternoon

Sunlight was streaming in through the open window next to her, bouncing off her Knuckle Badge as she spun it on the mahogany table. It was a good enough consolation prize, but Marcella would have felt better if Avery hadn't told her how freely Brawly gave these away. Still, she supposed she did learn a lot from him. And as silly as it was to admit that this League Badge-equivalent of a participation ribbon brightened up her day, it actually did make her feel a bit more eager to forge ahead on her journey.

"Well, Bijou, we got what we came here for," She gave the badge one more spin, before returning to her lunch. The Purrloin had a small dish in front of her as well, in which Marcella had placed all the croutons she picked out of her salad. She was more than happy to eat the carbs. "Wonder what's waiting for us in Petalburg?"

A slightly unsteady voice coming from behind her interrupted her musings. "Oh hi, M-Marcella! I should've expected to find you h-here… Is everything alright now? I saw you leave the contest in a rush. I hope it's okay if I can sit here for lunch?"

Turning around in her chair, her eyes met a pair of bright green ones. It took a second, but she did recognize her—this was one of the girls from the Contest Hall earlier. While it was not out of the ordinary for Marcella to attract attention, it was a little surprising this girl had approached her; they hadn't really talked backstage, and she looked super nervous the whole time. Still, she seemed quite harmless, and it couldn't hurt to mingle with her fellow Trainers, so Marcella greeted her warmly. "Oh! Hello. You are... Avril Reese, right?" Thankfully, she still remembered the host's introduction, and she'd always prided herself on being good with names—it's an effortless and quick way to endear yourself to others. "Yes, of course. Please, sit."

"T-thanks! And yes, it's me!" The girl nodded as she took the only empty seat at the table, the other two being occupied by Bijou and Marcella's purse. The Flabébé waved as well, looking like it wanted to introduce herself to Marcella. Unfortunately, she couldn't actually talk, and Marcella was not as good with non-people names. What was it, again? Daisy? Posey? Poppy? It's one of those. Whatever, I'm sure it'll come up again. Her Purrloin stood up curiously, peeking over the table at the other Pokémon as well. "Uhm, t-that is…" Avril smiled, as she noticed the small pin next to her fork. "A Knuckle Badge! Congrats, Marcella!"

"Hm? Oh, yes. Bet you have one too, huh?" Marcella absently twirled it between her fingers. "Heard it wasn't the most prestigious of badges, but it's a good start, I suppose."

"Y-yeah, I actually do. And if I have it, then I guess anyone can get one…" Avril shrugged. Daisy-or-Posey-or-Poppy smiled once again as she rested on her Trainer's head. Marcella appraised the unassuming and meek girl. Well, probably, but at least you didn't lose to a Magikarp. She sulked privately, still not fully over that loss, but was careful not to let her indignance show.

"Oh, I'm sure you battled well, regardless," She responded reassuringly, as if she knew anything about this Trainer's skills. She leaned back in her chair and took a sip of sparkling water. "Speaking of which, I… had other things to attend to just now, so I'm afraid I didn't watch your Contest battle. How did it go?"

"I-I lost that one. I was caught off guard…" Avril sighed. She didn't say it, but that actually made Marcella feel a bit better to know. "Shuna, my opponent, was quite kind afterwards, though." The girl smiled at her before looking around the room, trying to get the attention of a nearby waiter so that she could order her lunch as well. Marcella watched her struggle with this for about half a minute with a raised eyebrow, before waving someone over for her. "Ah, I'm sure we'll both do better next time. Go ahead, hun," she nodded towards the menu in front of Avril as the waiter finally approached.

"S-sure, thanks!" Avril nodded nervously before telling the waiter her order. Just as the blonde girl was preoccupied, someone else approached their table. "Excuse me, may I order as well after… oh it's you! Hi Avril!" Another trainer chimed in. "May I have lunch with you, please?" They grinned.

...Well, I wasn't expecting a whole entourage here, but sure, why don't we all sit at MY table? Marcella thought, quickly shuffling an annoyed Bijou and her croutons over to the chair that her purse was in to make room for their new guest. "Friend of yours, Avril?" She nodded to the androgynous figure politely, as she settled back into her seat.

"Oh, y-yeah. And room neighbor! They're Hikaru." Avril chuckled. "I found out only last evening." She explained to Marcella as Hikaru ordered their own lunch. My, they'll let anyone into the Fan Club these days.

"Thank you, girls! I have quite the news, but I'll explain later." Hikaru announced, as they sat in front of them. "So, I see you also got the Gym badge! You must be a good trainer, uhm…" Hikaru hesitated, looking slightly embarrassed. "W-what's your name?"

Marcella leaned in slightly to extend a hand across the table as she introduced herself. Her amethyst ring glinted in the sunlight as she reached out. Good. "Marcella MacMillan, pleasure to meet you. And apparently he's never not given this badge out to challengers, so the latter remains to be seen."

Hikaru looked back at Marcella as they shook her hand, their expression half way between a smile and a smirk. "Well! He definitely went hard on me. I wonder what strategies he used against you, instead?"

"Oh, interesting—it wasn't too bad for us. Funny story, though, I actually didn't even know I was challenging the Gym Leader himself at the time, so perhaps that's why I wasn't really feeling the pressure," She laughed lightly. "I did learn a lot from him, so I appreciate that."

Avril seemed to have noticed the ring on Marcella's hand and was trying to get a better look. "That's a nice piece of jewelry! L-looks expensive also…"

"Oh, thank you. It was a gift from my dad, meant to match Bijou's coat. To celebrate me becoming a Trainer and all." It was more of a bribe, really—one of the many things he had offered her to make her less reluctant about the journey. "Wasn't too bad, maybe ₱500,000? I can't remember. But anyway! What are your guys' plans for today?"

Avril shook her head, surprised. "That's so cool, I really like jewelry!" She smiled nervously. "All my accessories are nowhere near that expensive… I-I…"

Marcella smiled back, always keen to hear others' admiration for her, but Avril's gushing was quickly drowned out by the more journey-oriented Hikaru. "Oh, plans for today? Training some more, of course, and… well, visiting Granite Cave! If there's a cool event or sight to see, you know I'd better be there too. And it apparently hides many treasures as well. Might as well ask, do you want to come along?"

She recalled the pamphlet she'd taken yesterday about Granite Cave, but had promptly stricken it from her agenda—caving did not seem like her idea of a good time. It was also doubtful that this person's idea of a 'treasure' would be the same as hers, anyway, and she already had other plans for today. "That sounds fascinating, but I do want to make the 4 pm ferry to Petalburg today, and there's no telling how long this little spelunking adventure might last. So I'm afraid I'll have to pass this time, dear, but do let me know what treasures you end up finding."

"I'm not coming either, I j-just don't like caves, sorry!" Avril added, shaking her head. "I'd rather just take some time to… uh, relax probably. Or look for an odd job."

Hikaru also shook their head. "Well, you know what, I have a similar issue with… money. We can team up if you want! As for you…" They looked at Marcella with a grin. "You're not coming, I know, I know. So, is it okay if I introduce you to my blog? I can keep you updated on the treasures I find that way, instead."

A blog—how cute. It had been a minute since Marcella had heard of anyone writing blogs, but to be polite, she pulled out her phone and opened a new browser page for Hikaru to put down their link. "Sure. I do have a long ferry ride ahead of me, so some reading material will be nice."

"You know, we… w-we could also just exchange numbers right?" Avril chimed in, as the waiter finally brought over everyone's lunch.

She thought about that. These two couldn't have picked a better time to approach her, really. None of her close friends were all that helpful with Pokémon, which had been forcing her to rely on Avery a lot more. And he'd been quite insufferable about it. If she could spread out her questions and advice-seeking between these kids instead... "That's a great idea!" She flipped on over to her phone's Contacts app when Hikaru was done, before handing it back over to them.

"T-thank you Marcella." Avril smiled and nodded. "So now you have both of us registered, correct?"

She hummed affirmatively, tapping her phone a few times. Avril, done. H-I-K-A-R-U. That's probably right. She flipped back to their blog quickly to check her spelling, before setting down the device.

"You'll get some exciting updates soon, I'm sure of it!" Hikaru added. "Don't check the last one though…" They continued, smiling nervously as they touched the bandage on their elbow. Marcella glanced curiously, but decided not to ask about it. Her eyes landed back on her lockscreen as a text message lit it up. More importantly, though, it was almost 2 pm.

"Well, look at the time!" It would probably take her an hour or so to pack everything back into that rigid, leather suitcase; she did pull almost everything out to find her green dress last night. That would leave just enough time for a bit of a rest afterwards, and then getting back to the terminal to catch the right ferry. "It was a pleasure to make your guys' acquaintance, and—oh! Lunch is on me." She quickly waved the waiter back over for the bill, pulling out ₱6,000. Old habits die hard.

"T-thank you Marcella!" Avril just smiled, waving the taller girl goodbye. Hikaru shrugged instead. "See you in Petalburg, I guess… Enjoy the trip!" They cheered.

"Don't mention it, dear. And thanks, I will!" Swiftly gathering her belongings, including the now-sleepy Bijou, Marcella took her leave and made her way back to their room. Hopefully, her new acquaintances will render Avery's services obsolete.

A JP Featuring:

Eleanor as Avril Reese
    Eleanor as Hikaru Wright

Party

Purrloin ♀ // Bijou
    Level 22

Scratch
    Fake Out
    Sand Attack
    Play Rough

Art

Clamperl ♀ // Pearly
    Level 13

Clamp
    Water Gun
    Whirlpool
    Iron Defense

Dear Diary

2-11: Connections

Inventory

₱31,000 (-₱6,000 for lunch)

Rotom Phone (Sky Blue)
    Luxury Balls x 4
    Silk Scarf
    Contest Pass

Trainer Info

Badges

Years
  • Natsuko Soyokaze
    Monday, September 21st, late morning
    Dewford Town, Contest Hall

Tsu paces and frets backstage, waiting for her turn. "Third round… the final round… why didn't I plan something? Okay, think… what can we do?"

"Next up, Miss Natsuko Soyokaze! Here to showcase the talents of her Pokémon!"

"Really?!" With no plan or time to make one, Tsu heads onto the stage to improvise. They hand her a microphone as she comes out, and the crowd cheers and applauds for her.

"H-hello! I'm Natsuko, but you can call me Tsu, if that's easier. Probably should've said so earlier, huh?" There are a few laughs, as people remember the host having difficulty with her name earlier.

"But you're not here to see me, you probably want to see Shiny and Stacy, right?" More cheers, but Tsu feels they're getting impatient with her. "So, here they are!"

She tosses the Poké Balls, Shiny prancing about as she appears, while Stacy sits on the stage and shivers a little. Tsu crouches down next to her, moving the mic away so the audience can't hear her ask, "Hey, are you okay? Don't be nervous, you'll do great! ...Shiny, can you get a Sunny Day over here?"

She stands back up as Shiny prepares the fake sun, speaking into the mic again. "Sorry about that, folks! I guess Stacy's feeling…"

Shiny tosses the orb, which bursts and hovers over Stacy's head.

"...a little light-headed!" A few laughs, but more groans from the audience. Tsu laughs nervously, her hand on the back of her head. Oh, that didn't go over well…

"Uh… hey! You wanna see my Pokémon jump over each other?" She nods to Shiny, who trots over and easily jumps over Stacy. "Hmmm… you're right folks, it would be more impressive the other way. Come on, Stacy, give us a Splash!"

Stacy snaps out of whatever rut she was in, jumping over Shiny's back. Tsu thinks back to the fight, when she bounced off Shiny, and gets an idea. "Let's see just how high you can jump!"

Stacy jumps onto Shiny's back, then onto her head, then into the air. "Shiny, you jump too!" Shiny bounces Stacy a couple times, then jumps up, Stacy leaping even higher from the boost.

"Now use Agility!" Shiny runs back and forth, juggling Stacy in the air. Ponyta are already powerful jumpers, but coupled with Agility, Shiny reaches anime levels of jumping ability. With her Splashing, Stacy is almost able to reach the scaffolding over the stage.

Stacy has never jumped so high in her life. With Tsu's direction and Shiny's help, the little Magikarp is soaring higher than she'd ever dared to dream. She puts all of her effort into her next Splash, leaping off of Shiny and above the spotlights. She hears Tsu's delighted laughter, the cheers of the crowd, and in this moment, she isn't just Stacy, she's the Grand Duchess Anastasia!

The Duchess starts to glow with golden light, more vibrant even than the Sunny Day orb which quietly winks out below her. There are a few gasps from those who recognize what's happening, and Tsu smiles in delight. Is she evolving?!

Hanging in midair above the stage, the Duchess transforms from a humble 2 ½ foot long fish into a 21 foot long sea serpent.

Tsu's smile is frozen on her face, but her eyes go wide with sudden realization. Oh no… she's evolving…

The Duchess lands heavily on the stage, roaring in joy and triumph. Tsu turns to the audience, smiling nervously. "Haha… w-wow! You don't see that every day, right folks?"

The Duchess leans in, and suddenly grabs Tsu in her mouth. Her (justifiably) panicked scream is muffled, made inaudible by the collective gasp that runs through the room. The Duchess tosses Tsu lightly, gently, into the air, then ducks her head to catch her Trainer. Tsu is shaken, clinging to Stacy's crown-like head crest. She'd dropped the microphone, but still gives a shaky "Ta-da…"

Shiny hops onto Stacy's tail, and is lifted off the ground. The crowd applauds, and Stacy lowers her head to the floor so Tsu can climb down. Tsu bows to the audience, keeping a hand on Shiny for support, and quickly returns Stacy to her ball before walking off stage.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Edison Kintobor, Marie Mocinno
    Monday, September 21st, morning
    Dewford Town

"Eddie, you can't stay in your room all day!" Sunny yells through the locked door. She pounds on the door, as though it will help.

Ed stays seated at the small desk in his room, tinkering with his Holotch. As he'd expected, the direct application of two magnetic Pokémon and their combined Thunder Waves had shorted out even the insulated circuits of his Holotch. He's certainly voiding the warranty, trying to fix it himself, but it'll be worth it if he can get it working again.

"I don't plan on it, Sunny. If I can get my phone working again, I'll give you a call. Until then, this will go faster if you're not distracting me."

There's a pause, and then a barely audible sigh. "Fine. I'll be at the Contest Hall with Tsu later. She's performing today, and would really like it if we were there."

Ed stops to think that over. A Contest could be fun to see… "If I'm finished by then, I'll meet you there." Sunny leaves after that, apparently knowing that's as much as she'll get out of him, and lets him work in peace.

In the past, Ed would have been happy to spend hours playing with some device like this. But for some reason, today he finds himself listless, stuck in his room. So, after replacing some damaged parts and successfully getting his Holotch to turn on resync with his Pokédex, he finds himself out of the Pokémon Center and on the beach of Dewford Town.

"Nothing like a little field work to clear my head, I suppose. Now, let's try to scan… Clamperl, why not?" He brings up the display, initiates the scan, and almost immediately gets a nasty surprise as his Holotch vibrates wildly, even emitting a spark at one point.

"Okay! Not ready yet!" Luckily, he'd brought his tools with him, and after a quick adjustment stabilizes the issue. Hopefully…

Unfortunately, he's apparently drawn the attention of some locals. A pair of Clobbopus approach him inquisitively, and a nearby Clamperl opens up its shell to look at him.

"No, I don't have time for this. I'll just leave you all alone…" he turns to head back to the Center, but one of the Clobbopus grabs onto his leg. It's surprisingly strong, nearly pulling him over as he tries to walk.

"I suppose we're doing this, then! Everybody, get out here!" He swipes his hand along his belt, triggering all of his Poké Balls at once. "Psywave, Shock Wave, Leer and Bite!"

Aster targets the Clobbopus that didn't grab Ed, blasting it away with telekinetic force. Neo shocks the Clamperl before it can get any ideas of joining in, and it shuts its shell. Gremlin grins menacingly at the Clobbopus on Ed's leg, and it lets go, only for Addie to chomp down on it, sending it scurrying away as it makes "woop woop" noises.

"Wow, that may have been overkill. Not having a good day, Edison?"

He looks up to see Marie sauntering towards him, oversized sunglasses shielding her eyes from the morning glare and Tuie perched in her thick hair.

"Oh, Miss Marie… hello." He returns his Pokémon to their Poké Balls, except for Addie, who runs over to say hello to Marie. "Not exactly. Yesterday wasn't a good day, I'm hoping to make today a better one."

Marie crouches down to shake Addie's little hand. "Oh? What happened yesterday?"

"Well, it's a long story, so I'll summarize. I went to Granite Cave, got in a fight in the lower tunnels, and fell in a hole. My Holotch got broken, and I spent most of last night and this morning trying to fix it."

"Trying to…? Why don't you just buy a new one? I'm sure someone sells phones here."

"I'm sure they do, but I'm rather attached to my current model. I like the watch style, leaves my hands free. But, I suppose if I can't get mine working, I'll have to swallow my pride and invest in a new one. I wonder if anyone sells Pokétch brand smart watches…" He rubs his chin as he thinks, momentarily forgetting Marie is here.

"I think the PokéNav brand is popular here. Isn't it?" Marie coos at Addie. Her tone of voice clearly indicating a redirect to Ed, she continues. "I have the latest PokéGear- they're pretty similar to the 'Nav these days. Would you like to test it out?"

Her comment snaps Ed back to the conversation. "The latest model, you say? That might be worth seeing. Just to keep my options open, test the waters, you know… yes, please. And thank you."

Marie fishes her phone from her back pocket and hands it over. "Code is 2664. Which features do you look for?"

"Well, I primarily use it for the Pokédex function, so ease of use and a quality camera are high priorities. Beyond that, the Ranger database for Pokémon information, the maps function for area information, and I suppose I occasionally make calls as well." Ed pulls up the camera app, looking around the area. He passes it over Marie, pauses for half a second on Tuie in her hair, then pans down to Addie.

Using the Pokédex app, he scans Addie, seeing that it works as intended. "Overall, not bad… Hmm, maybe if I try the SCAN function…" Without waiting for permission, Ed pulls up the database, scanning the area for Clamperl once more.

"Wait, what's a scan function?" Marie asks, getting in close to peer at her phone as it gently pings in Ed's hand.

"The Ranger database has all sorts of information on Pokémon, including samples of their bio-acoustics. You can actually simulate those sounds, which helps you hone in on the Pokémon in question. Like, here, see? There's a Clamperl nearby, underneath that soda stand over there, looks like. Let's go take a look."

He leads her toward the building in question, following the PokéGear like a map. "Look around underneath for something blue, that'll be Clamperl."

Marie greets and explains herself to the proprietor, who doesn't seem to have a problem with the endeavor. After some rather halfhearted searching, Marie speaks up again- "You did say blue, correct?"

Ed stops looking over the phone's features at her words. "Yes, why? Clamperl are blue, see?" He joins her under the building, showing her the picture of Clamperl.

"Are you sure they don't also come in purple? Because this looks very much like that." She toes some sand with her running shoe, exposing more of the creature's shell.

Ed hands her phone back to her, crouching down to get a closer look and sweeping sand off with his hand. "Huh, fancy that… it's said that Pokémon can be differently colored from time to time. My own Sableye, for example. They used to say one in every 8000 is a different color- or 'shiny', on the forum boards- but the Ranger database has shown a dramatic increase in numbers. Here in Hoenn, you'll probably find one in a hundred is 'shiny'."

"I knew Natu came in different colors sometimes, but I didn't know other Pokémon did."

The Clamperl cracks its shell open, finally taking note of the two trainers hovering nearby.

"Well, any Pokémon can, it's just rare… hello there!" Ed notices Clamperl notice them. "Sorry to disturb you, we were just testing out some new technology, and it led us straight to you. Love the shell, by the way, very attractive."

The Clamperl studies them, appears to take the compliment, and settles back into the sand. Marie brings out her phone once more, taps a few things, and turns the screen to Ed.

"I can't find the scan or whatever. Show me how to do that?"

Ed takes the phone, standing next to Marie so she can watch what he does. "Well, you go into the database, find the local map, and… oh. Right…" Ed points to the SCAN option, which is currently grayed out and inaccessible.

"I probably should have mentioned, you can only scan once in an area. The Rangers actually regulate the usage of that feature, as it has been shown to have an effect on the local Pokémon population. You'll have to go to a different zone on the database map."

"The closest zones seem to be the cave and… what is that, half the island? 'West Wilds'? You were in the cave yesterday, weren't you? So let's go west."

"Yes, I spent quite a few hours in those caves…" Ed thinks back to his time in the cave yesterday before suddenly catching on to what Marie said. "Hang on, 'us'? You want me to go to the western side of the island with you?"

"Yes, of course! You used the one shot here, so we have to go elsewhere. And you'll have to come along to make sure I do it right."

Ed starts to protest, but there is logic in what she says. And if nothing else, he can field test his Holotch again, or keep sampling her model of phone… "Fair enough. I hadn't planned that far ahead for today, and it could be fun. Lead the way, Miss Marie."

A joint post between Groc and Aquacorde.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

• Avril Reese

16 - ♀ - Laverre City

with Hikaru

Pokémon / Inventory:

AVRIL'S TEAM:
    🌼 Poppy (Flabebe) -♀- lv. 25
    Flower Veil

🌼 Hydrangea (Shellos) -♀- lv. 23
    Storm Drain

🌼 Wisteria (Inkay) -♂- lv. 15
    Infiltrator

HIKARU'S TEAM:
    ⚡ Rei (Tynamo) -♂- lv. 19
    Levitate
    Charge Beam, Spark, Thunder Wave, Tackle

⚡ Hoshi (Staryu) - lv. 17
    Illuminate
    Psywave, Rapid Spin, Water Gun, Minimize, Confuse Ray, Harden

⚡ Aruku (Clobbopus) -♀- lv. 15
    Technician
    Rock Smash, Leer, Feint, Detect, Bind

AVRIL'S INVENTORY:
    🌼 Eviolite
    🌼 Silk Scarf

AVRIL'S CONTACTS:
    Jordie, Shuna, Natsuko, June, Marcella

AVRIL'S BADGES:
    🥊
    HIKARU'S BADGES:
    🥊

🌼 Character art made with [SPAN="color:rgb(40,180,40);"]https://picrew.me/image_maker/94097[/SPAN]
    Costs and benefits
    Monday, September 21st - 1 to 2:30 a.m. - Dewford Town
    Avril's first attempt at a Contest was actually quite encouraging for the future. Shuna was definitely a more experienced battler, but the blonde girl was able to keep up her pace for a while! Luckily, she was also a very understanding opponent, who quickly helped our Avril and made her feel at ease even when her Pokémon fainted.

The next contest was only going to be the following morning, though, so Hikaru's suggestion of spending some time together and getting some money was well met. Right after lunch, Avril and her almost roommate were right in front of the job board, trying to find something to do. Sure, it wasn't as large and as exhaustive as the Pokémon Center board, but it did its job.

"Pyukumuku… some cleaning… more Pyukumuku…" Hikaru mused. "And the pay isn't even that great…"

"Well…" Avril adjusted her glasses on her face. "Down here there's something! I don't know about this though. It's a bit weird."

"Ooh? That is a nice reward though! We can split it in two and it's still a decent amount. All for… gathering berries?"

"Gathering berries in the… wild? What is that all about?"

"Well yes, the whole western part of the island is… some sort of natural reserve, I think! Tons of Pokémon and plants, and you need to go through a Ranger outpost. Not a big deal though, we got this Avril!"

"If you say so…"

After some preparations, Avril and Hikaru met once again, this time right out of the Fanclub. She had put on something more fit for adventuring, which in her case meant shorts, closed sneakers and a T-shirt, with her usual cloth bag to top it all off. They had a similar shirt, but also long jeans, what looked like a pair of actual trainers, and their entire red backpack… for some reason. They wanted to visit the cave by themselves, they said, after the odd job was dealt with.

Once they reached the center of Dewford, all they had to do was head towards the beach and find the little bar that "asked" for help. A relatively large, wooden shack with many beach umbrellas all around it, and a very rustic feel overall. A blackboard near the entrance read "Special cocktails, limited stock!"

"Oh, someone actually read it!" An older man approached the two trainers from behind the counter, as soon as they explained why they were here. "I'm glad to have you two here!" He smiled, somewhat nervously. "You know, I'm getting competition and I need to end this season well so…"

"So you want to get you some special ingredients from the Wilds?" Avril added.

"Y-yeah, that's it… here's a few Berries and fruits that you can get!" The man smiled, picking up a few different samples from under the counter. "We turn them into drinks, cocktails, and treats for our guests. And if we use those ingredients, well, we'll have some sort of exclusive."

Just a few minutes later, and the two trainers were on their way, with Hikaru getting one more cloth bag to keep in all the fruits. While Avril considered it to be a little sketchy, Hikaru was just praising the man's plan and how much he was willing to invest in those limited edition drinks.

"That's a big reward for just gathering some fruits." Hikaru stated as the Ranger Outpost was visible in the distance. "A good head start. I did tell you…"

"What? That you need money? Yeah!" Avril giggled, but still a bit nervously. "Just be careful with your wounds I guess."

"Oh, they're getting much better." Hikaru replied. "But what's not getting better is my skateboard. When I fell, it also got destroyed, and I want a new one!"

"If you promise to be more careful…" Avril sighed - and yet, she couldn't really help but admire Hikaru and their resoluteness. "I can help a bit."

Last edited:

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
    Years

• Shunana Kamado

marshtomp.gif
    pidgeotto.gif
    aron.gif
    inkay.gif

Monday, September 21 {11:00 a.m.}
    Epoch 2.4: Dewford City
    Contest! 3rd Round Finally!

"Next up, Miss Shuna Kamado! Our final contestant!"

Shuna slowly walked out to the center of the stage, nervous and excited to perform her final routine. She was thinking of dancing again, despite already doing so in the first round. But the dance will be different, she was thinking of doing one of the dances her grandmother drilled into her, reminding her of her mother because of where it originated from. Once again, she released her pokemon, readying herself for the workout about to occur.

"I don't know if you remember me from the first round, but my name is Shuna Kamado! Thank you for all the support and I'm here to showcase my pokemon, once again, in this final round! I hope you enjoy the show!" Shuna smiled before bowing lightly, her pokemon doing the same before they straightened up. She counted backwards from ten in her mind before beginning the show: she began to dance, reminiscing the videos and lessons her grandmother put her through in the past.

Finn creates three balls made of ice using the move, "Ice Ball", as he holds Aron on his head, using his strength to not drop either. He started to juggle the three, throwing and performing all kinds of stunts like jumping and doing flips while catching the balls in time before they face the floor. A bead of sweat rolled down the pokemon's face as he did his best to keep up the routine and not let Argo fall.

Then, he threw one of the ice balls up, right after Argo did his best to shape himself inward like a ball, allowing Finn to grab him as he used Water Gun to push the ice ball higher. He threw Argo upwards and juggled the last two ice balls.

Argo's claws glowed white as he grew closer to the ice ball, and seconds later, said item was broken like glass into pieces. The remains rained down, showering the stage in a shower of sparkling ice. As Argo fell, Finn threw the other two ice balls upwards, leaving his hands open, ready to catch Argo.

As Shuna continued to dance, she flinched, but kept moving. The incident at Granite Cave came to mind as the pain in her ankle returned. She did her best to hide the wound and take pain killers to keep the pain at bay during the first and second round, but it seems the effects were now wearing off...

The small critter broke the other ice ball, adding to the shower of ice. Once Argo was in Finn's safe hands and placed down, Finn created the fourth and last ice balls, heavier than normal due to having a Water Pulse hidden inside the bigger ball. As Argo went to join Shuna's dance, Finn threw the heavier ball upwards, sending it about five feet upwards and using a powered-up Water Gun to break the ice ball, creating another shower of ice. Lastly, he threw the last ball, but as he did, Argo positioned himself in a ball formation once he was near Finn. The mudfish pokemon grabbed Finn and used a normal-version Water Gun to send the ice ball higher than the previous, about two feet higher than the last. He stopped the water gun and used both hands, throwing Argo as hard as he can towards the ice ball, then used Water Gun to propel Argo further up. Instead of using Metal Claw, Argo stayed in his formation, but used Harden, causing his body to shine a bit and gleam in the lights. Due to his hardened body and the amount of strength, the closision caused the Ice Ball to break. The combination created a fountain-like effect with a shower of ice and water mixed in.

Finn broke the stream and caught Argo, who unfurled and jumped down landing beside Shuna as Finn jumped to her other side.

Momentarily, the pain spiked and Shuna flinched, her ankle ready to give out any moment. Instead of striking a pose, she decided to use a different approach. The girl finished her dance by stopping in the middle with her pokemon beside her, using one hand to grab her dress and the other to extend outwards, moving most of her weight on her un-injured leg, her pokemon copying her movements the best they can. Then, they bowed as the shower rained down, the remains reaching the girl and her pokemon.

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

• Hikaru

18 - - Castelia City

With Avril

Pokémon / Inventory:
    HIKARU'S TEAM:
    ⚡ Rei (Tynamo), ♂ lv. 19
    Levitate
    Still not much

⚡ Hoshi (Staryu), lv. 17
    Illuminate

⚡ Aruku! (Clobbopus), ♀ lv. 15
    Technician

AVRIL'S TEAM:
    🌼 Poppy (Flabebe), ♀ lv. 25
    Flower Veil

🌼 Hydrangea (Shellos), ♀ lv. 23
    Storm Drain

🌼 Wisteria (Inkay), ♂ lv. 15
    Infiltrator

AVRIL'S BADGES:
    🥊
    HIKARU'S BADGES:
    🥊

Half baked plan
    Monday, September 21st - about 3:30 p.m. - Dewford West Wilds
    We walked on a rough path for quite a while, as the scenery kept alternating between dense forests, shrublands, and some small clearings. The berries we were looking for were too rare for me to bother, and it was mostly Avril who was able to recognize them and point out the places where they could grow. The only problem was that I was responsible for actually going off the beaten path to pick them up, at least when Avril didn't feel confident to do it herself.

Eventually, though, that got quite boring. As I felt a bit more confident in my ability to spot those berries, and just as scared not to find enough of them to grant us both a good pay, I just decided to split up and look for more ingredients on my own, deeper into the woods.

Now, I could think of tons of things that were more interesting than berries. An unusual wild Pokémon, some nice scenery, my hair. But this is way more than I asked for! This… this is an actual entrance to a cave…!

Yep, I just need to crouch a little and not smash my head against these rocks and roots, and then I'm in. Or rather, we're in, if things go well. This looks like a pretty large cave as well, and probably is connected to the Granite Cave that those two talked about… this really makes things easier.

I brought tons of stuff with me because I didn't know what the Wilds would be like, but also because I wanted to be ready to sneak into the caves if Avril gave me that chance. But now I have a better idea. It will be perfect. And yes, I know Avril is not an adventurous type, but I am already thinking of ways to overcome this problem. Hopefully I can use the shape of the cave to my advantage.

⚡⚡⚡

"Avril, help! Help please!"

"Where- What happened? You said you were fine on your own?"

"My pouch is GONE!" I cry out, trying to go for Avril's arm again. "Please help me get it back, will you? There's my Pokéballs in there!" Fairly convincing if I say so myself!

"Uhm, how did that even happen?"

"A… Makuhita stole it and… just come, ok? Before it's too late!"

Everything seems to go as planned. I finally get Avril to leave the path and adventure into the jungle, and bring her closer to destination. "See this cave? I saw Makuhita hide in here and… I'm a bit afraid of going in without someone to watch my back, you know? Especially because I have no Pokémon anymore."

The girl looks… quite scared, to say the least. "I-I-I can try… I know it's super important but…" She mutters, even though her eyes are saying quite the opposite. Immediately, I grab her arm even more convincingly and nod, trying to look more desperate than her (definitely not an easy task), and walk into the small burrow.

Just a few steps in, she asks me to light up the caves, because it's getting too dark to see. I just tell her that I'm not prepared for this and that she'll have to use her Holotch, which she reluctantly does. That seems enough to reassure her though, so we keep walking for a couple more steps together. Please, just a bit more!

⚡⚡⚡

"Help, Avril! That hurt…"

"I-I-I… what happened there?"

"I-I tripped and fell down here and… I really need help."

"O-o-okay, let me just get some R-Rangers then…"

"No no no please! We're not even supposed to be in here! Just… just come and help me get up ok? We'll find a way!"

I should've known, I should've known. I did everything perfect up until this point. I brought her to the right spot, where the tunnel ends and a steep ledge leads into a bigger cave opening, and I took a leap of faith by actually jumping down there and pretending I got hurt. Perfect plan, really, I know.

I'm not even in danger, not as much as she thinks I am. My pouch and my Pokéballs are hidden in my usual red backpack, where I've also hidden some caving stuff and an old Escape Rope I brought all the way from Unova. I also like to think that I know a couple things about underground places… after all, I've been inside the Castelia Sewers a couple times.

And yet, I'm still biting my nails. She's one step from actually making my plan succeed. If only she'd get down here with me… If only…

I can already savor all the money we can make from the treasures hidden in here. Or our Mega Evolved Pokémon decimating every Gym Leader in this region. But I want her beside me as I explore the cave, because I know it will be dangerous if I go by myself, and I'm sure that despite how she acts, she's a good trainer.

Yet, I think she knows that she can't climb up, and she doesn't know that I brought a rope. And if she's going to call rangers, then I might really be in danger, because this was all my idea. I can't fool them the same way I'm trying to fool her, I didn't think about this.

I keep staring at Avril up above me, as she looks down in utter fear. But then, the balance is broken. A solution is found. Except… it's the worst solution I could hope for.

I hear Avril screaming, a short and acute yelp that echoes through the cave. Behind her, two glowing eyes show up, as she turns around and slips on the rocks, failing to hold onto them. In the blink of an eye she's right beside me, on the bottom of the cave, her clothes and skin covered with mud and…

"N-no… What happened there…"

I point my XT's screen towards her. Her forearms are littered with cuts, and she's bleeding.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years

• Avril Reese

16 - ♀ - Laverre City

with Hikaru

Pokémon / Inventory:

AVRIL'S TEAM:
    🌼 Poppy (Flabebe) -♀- lv. 25
    Flower Veil

🌼 Hydrangea (Shellos) -♀- lv. 23
    Storm Drain

🌼 Wisteria (Inkay) -♂- lv. 15
    Infiltrator

HIKARU'S TEAM:
    ⚡ Rei (Tynamo) -♂- lv. 19
    Levitate
    Charge Beam, Spark, Thunder Wave, Tackle

⚡ Hoshi (Staryu) - lv. 17
    Illuminate

⚡ Aruku (Clobbopus) -♀- lv. 15
    Technician

AVRIL'S INVENTORY:
    🌼 Eviolite
    🌼 Silk Scarf

AVRIL'S CONTACTS:
    Jordie, Shuna, Natsuko, June, Marcella

AVRIL'S BADGES:
    🥊
    HIKARU'S BADGES:
    🥊

Underground betrayal
    Monday, September 21st - 3:30 to 4 p.m. - Granite Cave Depths
    Most of the checkmarks on my imaginary list of things to do in Dewford were ticked off. And that was also including things that weren't supposed to be there, like meeting June and nearly "kissing" her in public, or getting Poppy knocked out by other trainers.

All I had left, I'll admit, is relax for a bit, try to take it all in, and maybe hang out with all the friends I've met on my journey so far. Calling home and trying to reach out to Lucas and Vanessa would be a good idea also…

What Hikaru had suggested was also a good idea, though. I could surely get behind doing some odd jobs, as it was a somewhat reliable way to get money in between everything else I was using my time for. Hopefully that berry search was enough to cover, at least, the ticket I paid for last night.

My mind is still filled with these thoughts as I walk inside that cave with Hikaru, nearly as worried about them and their Pokémon as I'm worried about going back to our scheduled plan. But in the blink of an eye, my mind goes blank.

A chill goes down my spine as I struggle to distinguish Hikaru, down in the cave depths, and I stop myself on the edge of that tunnel. I know I can't climb back if I fall down, and I have nothing to help Hikaru get up either once they find their stuff, so all I need to do is get out of there and call for help. Rangers, maybe. I turn around.

There are two glowing… eyes on a dark silhouette I can barely see. They're right in front of me, blocking the way to the exit. As my own eyes lock onto them, that's when I lose it.

I scream, jump away, stumble, lose footing, scramble for a handhold, scratch my arms, try to protect my face as I land, and stumble clumsily as I touch ground again. I try to climb the ledge, I even call out Angie and try to step onto her to make it out of there, but nothing.

A weird purple liquid comes out of her body as her cries take me back to reality. I need to focus on the positives. My glasses are intact, and so is my cloth bag and everything in there. My clothes are dirty but still salvageable. And my Holotch is still alive and well, its light unceremoniously still active as it landed on the cave floor somewhere nearby. I'm still there beside Hikaru should they need anymore help. But.

I'm trapped in a dangerous, dark, cold, wet cave, with someone I still have mixed feelings about, and with cuts all over my exposed forearms. They're not so deep, but they still burn.

"Ok, uhm… A-Avril…" Hikaru begins as they point their X-Transceiver's light at me. "J-just give your eyes some time, it's fine… it's fine."

"IT'S NOT FINE!" I spit out, and my scream echoes through the cave before I get my mouth shut by my companion's hand. "T-Th-th…" I try to mumble some gibberish.

"Please, just be quieter Avril… Wild Pokémon can come out…"

"Yeah, o-ok..." I mutter, trying not to lash out at Hikaru - who might as well be just as worried as I am right now. "Well first, could you like… pick up my Shellos so that she can wash these wounds?"

"Sure." They get Angie in their arms and let her spray some small Water Pulses over my wounded arms. The cold water feels like heaven compared to the dirt and mud I've landed on, as it flows down from my forearms and cleans them of the dust and dirt.

"Ok, so. You saw what I saw right?" I immediately ask, and they answer affirmatively. "I don't know what that was but it can't be good."

"Pokémon who don't like us being here probably." Hikaru replies, their voice unsteady. "Or who like to prank people."

"That's not good… like I haven't had enough of these pranks." I sigh. I try to reach my Holotch and point its light up at the cave from where I've fallen down, but there doesn't seem to be any Pokémon there anymore. "By the way, how are we getting out of here? O-once you get your Pokémon that is…"

If they really did lose their Pokémon, then I can understand why they were so desperate to get into this cave. But that didn't mean that I would stay in here even one more second than necessary. And not to mention, their story didn't seem that convincing. A Makuhita running into a cave with all their stuff?

Eventually we start walking around the cave. My wounds are not a nice sight, but they are not bleeding much anymore and that is already a good sign… if I'm careful not to bust them open again or something. Unlike Hikaru, I can still count on my Pokémon, and that gives me a bit more strength to continue.

"Aruku could be helpful, if I find her that is. Otherwise… your Pokémon are just too small, aren't they?" Hikaru asks. I think about it for a bit but I can't come up with any plan that involves Poppy, Angie, or even Wisteria. "Yeah, I got nothing." I sigh.

"Well, maybe there are some good Pokémon down here. Do you have Pokéballs?"

"No, sorry… you?"

"I do have some empty balls. So with them and your PoKémon, we can get something done. Do you know what could be down here? Other than…" I can't really see Hikaru clearly, but I think they're shuddering. "Yeah, that thing with glowing eyes?"

I try to recall some more information but there's not much that comes to my mind. I don't even know if this is a viable area to catch Pokémon in, since we're not supposed to be here. But in the middle of all that nothingness..

"That nose thing! I believe there were a few near the Ranger place." I finally declare, still unsure of what its name even is. It does look big and sturdy enough to be climbed upon and that alone is a good thing if it means reaching the top of the ledge from before. Turns out my idea is even better than what I expected, though.

"You're so clever! That thing can act as a compass and help us find the way out!" Hikaru gushes. "They're probably going to be hard to find though… let's just go and search for one alright? Nosepass should be the name for it, in case we need to scan."

"Nos…" I try to repeat the name as I attempt to open the Scanning app on my Holotch. "Give me just a bit, ok?"

I'm just a bit too slow though. I get interrupted by something hitting my feet and I almost fall over, barely holding on to the nearby cave wall. Immediately my light moves right onto it, and I notice it's a Pokémon. Poppy screams in my place, as the dim sparkles of her Fairy Wind let me realize that she's now floating above my head. Angie turns around quickly and fires off a Water Pulse, which knocks back the Pokémon.

Hikaru is standing a few steps away, trying to lead the way, when they turn around. I don't pay them much attention, as I know that they have no Pokémon on them, and focus on Angie's new opponent - definitely an Aron, just like Shuna's. My light reveals not just the Aron, but the rocks it's trying to summon around Angie… Rock Tomb, probably. Behind it - and this is the scariest thing - more Aron are arriving, seemingly attracted by me… my berries!

"Hikaru! Help…" I call out, mindlessly, as Angie tries to set up a Mud Sport. I'm not sure how they could help me, but I can make do with nearly anything, even if it's just a few words of encouragement.

When I see what they're about to do, though, I wish they didn't help me at all.

WHY…?

"Come out, Hoshi!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

[tab=backtostory3-1][/tab] [tab=pokemon3-1][/tab] [tab=diary3-1][/tab] [tab=inv3-1][/tab] [tab=id3-1][/tab]

3-1: Fiancé

🏖️ Resort Cove 🕙 Sept. 21st, Afternoon

Even with the generous timeframe she had given herself, it actually took a little more than an hour to finish packing everything to her liking. No, no, I can't do that—chiffon wrinkles really easily. There, that should do it. And this one can go between the jersey layers... She folded and refolded a few items to ensure minimal wrinkling, and neatly stacked them in the sturdy, leather suitcase so that everything would fit.

At 3:20 pm, she gave the room a final once-over, before heading back downstairs with Bijou to drop off her keys.

"Miss MacMillan? Oh, I'm glad I caught you—wouldn't know where to forward this if you left!" It was Clown Lady at the front desk, with a standard bubble mailer in her hands. "A package for you arrived while you were out earlier."

A package for me...? People knew she was journeying, but not too many knew she was here, specifically. Curious, she reached out for it. "Thanks, love."

The return address was in Rustboro, not Lilycove. This must be from her dad. Just as she thought, the first thing she pulled out of the package was a note in her father's familiar handwriting, and on his personal Devon Corporation stationary.

Spoiler:

Avery, you snitch. She thought as she read the postscript, but she couldn't be too upset about that right now—her dad always picked the best gifts, and she was excited to see what she'd gotten.​

Under the note was a small, black box. She delicately removed the lid to reveal a beautiful pair of seashell-shaped, golden earrings, with pearls hanging under them. "Oh—Bijou, look!" She bent down to show the Purrloin, who sniffed it curiously. Her interest in it faded quickly, probably since it was not edible. "Well, Pearly's gonna love these—I'll show her later."

...Although, maybe I should have named her "4-Carat Diamond" if I knew my first catch would be rewarded with complementary jewelry.

🛥️ Breezy Seas Ferry 🕙 Sept. 21st, Evening

Out on the tiny Breezy Seas ferry once again, Marcella sat patiently in her seat with Bijou on her lap. It was a good opportunity to catch up with all her friends back home, but after texting everyone back, updating her social media with photos of her in her new earrings, and even scrolling through a few of that Hikaru's blog posts, she quickly ran out of things to do on the long ferry ride.

As she looked back up from her phone, she locked eyes with a man sitting in one of the seats across from her. Normally, when people were caught staring, they tend to look away. This guy just had the most... eager smile plastered on his face. It was almost unsettling. No, it was definitely unsettling. She casually looked around to see if he might have been smiling at someone or something else, but of course, he was unmistakably looking right at her.

Well, that's uncomfortable.

Right at that moment, the child next to her started throwing a tantrum about wanting to see the water, and his mother escorted him to the railing, freeing up the seat beside hers. The man stood up. Don't sit next to me, don't sit next to me, don't sit next to—ugh.

"Hi there!"

"Hi." She responded unenthusiastically, without turning to look at him.

"Nice weather we're having today, huh?" He continued, undeterred by her terse greeting. "This your first time heading to Petalburg? Definitely picked a good day for it."

"Mhmm." She wasn't giving him anything to work with, nor was she going to return the question, but that didn't stop him.

"...So, are you traveling by yourself? I actually ferry between Dewford and Petalburg quite a bit for work—fairly familiar with the layout, the sights, anything you need to know about the place, really. If you need a tour guide when we arrive—"

"That's nice of you to offer, but no, thank you." She cut him off firmly.

"Sure, sure," He responded, but still did not seem particularly discouraged. He was certainly bold to approach her at all, she'll give him that. He was quite unremarkable-looking, and not exactly sharply dressed. Not someone Marcella would have ever looked at if they weren't on this cramped, 12-person ferry together. He checked his watch and smiled at her. "Well, we got a lot of time to get to know each other here. Give me a chance to change your mind?"

"I really don't think so—" She began, but he prattled on about himself anyway in an attempt to find something in common with her. It didn't seem like he would be leaving her alone until a) she relented, b) they had to part ways, or c) an obstacle presented itself.

She evaluated the situation; a) was not going to happen, b) she checked the time and sighed... he was right, she was stuck on this ferry with him for a good hour and a half still. She could just wait it out and insist they part ways when they arrive at their destination, but she'd rather not listen to him talk about stuff like his favourite restaurants in Petalburg, and what the best movies he watched this year were for the next ninety minutes. Which meant that c) an obstacle needed to present itself. Or she could create one.

"Yeah, so when we get to Petalburg—sorry, Briney Port—it's a distinction without a difference to you and I, maybe, but the locals are really anal about that... I can definitely show you around a bit, maybe take you to the Corphish Boil for dinner." It wasn't a question anymore; he seemed to have decided he was coming along without her input.

Right. Now, how do I exit this conversation quickly and gracefully? Expressing direct disinterest did not seem to be working with this one. But maybe he would respect the intervention of another man.

She glanced sideways and looked at the passenger next to her. He looked around her age, perhaps a year or two older, and was holding a sketchpad. His dark brown hair appeared to be a little past his broad shoulders, and was pulled away from his face in a low ponytail. He seemed too engrossed in his drawing to pay attention to anything going on around him, including the conversation taking place the seat over. And his own Pokémon. She assumed it was his, anyway—his seat was next to the railing, where a Meowth was dangling precariously. It was climbing up and down the metal bars far too casually, and looking like it would fall into the water below at any moment. She was getting anxious for this guy just imagining Bijou in its place, but the Meowth did appear a fair bit more agile than her Purrloin, and the man seemed completely unbothered by its unruliness.

Regardless, he was an adequate choice for the role she had in mind.

"I'm... here with my fiancé, actually." Marcella smoothly turned to the drawing man. He finally looked up from his sketchpad as she leaned in slightly. She lowered her voice to a whisper only he could hear. "Please play along."

There was a confused expression in his blue eyes for just a moment, but luckily for her, he was not completely stupid, and clued in on the situation quickly as he glanced at the man on the other side of her. Unluckily for her, he was not winning any acting awards anytime soon.

"Yes." He said stiffly. She bored her eyes into his, hoping to communicate that she needed more from him. He leered back slightly. "...Honey."

Okay. She was going to have to take matters into her own hands. But at least she knew he was willing to play along, so she looped her arm through his, and turned back to face the annoying guy. "We're going sightseeing around the region to celebrate our engagement. That's what this trip is."

She turned to look at Fiancé again, hoping that gave him something to work with. He nodded. "...We're going sightseeing."

Oh, my lord, you are killing me here.

"So!" She continued. "We do appreciate the offer, but it's a special trip for us both, and I think we'll be okay finding our own way around."

Her suitor looked... dubious. That, or he thought Fiancé was a little slow, but either way, that seemed to do the trick. Of course. And he apologized, but to her 'fiancé'. Of course. "Right... I definitely understand. Sorry 'bout that, I didn't know. Enjoy the rest of your trip."

Marcella waited until the guy sulked back to his seat and was out of earshot before letting go of his arm. "Sorry about that, and thank you for your help."

"Sure." He had already returned to his sketchpad, but nodded in her direction with an amused smirk. "He's still looking at you, by the way."

Oh, so he noticed more than he'd let on. She shrugged, glancing down to look at the guy's drawing. He had been sketching an impressively detailed graphite representation of the view up ahead.

"I don't think he'll be bothering me anymore, with my fiancé sitting right here. Nice drawing."

He turned to look at her for a second, before looking back down. "You think so? I can't quite get, like... the light hitting the water right, you know—it's still looking a little flat." It was the longest string of words he had put together so far.

"Well, it's better than your acting."

He chuckled softly, shaking his head. "Thanks, I guess. Is there something other than 'honey' I can call you, in case he comes back?"

"Marcella MacMillan, pleasure to make your acquaintance." Out of habit, she held a hand out.

"Parker. And careful, you don't want to be spotted shaking your fiancé's hand."

"Oh, smart." She dropped her hand casually. "Where was this quick thinking a minute ago?"

"Sorry, you caught me off guard. I'm bad at improvising, that's just something you'll have to deal with when we tie the knot." His delivery was very dry—if she didn't glance over to catch the playful smirk on his lips as he continued sketching, he almost sounded serious.

"Oh—right, right. Well, I knew what I was getting myself into when I signed up to be Mrs..." she quipped back, prompting for a last name.

"Parker."

She frowned. "Parker Parker?"

"Oh, uh, no. Miles. Miles Parker. Most people just call me Parker."

"Okay, Miles." He sighed at her response, but he was still smiling.

Miles Parker was a very quiet man. A good change of pace, really, and she much preferred him as a ferry-companion over the other guy. Marcella spent the rest of the ride mostly watching him sketch, and occasionally pulling Bijou away from the railing, who was quite curious about their new feline friend.

"Is it... okay like that? You sure you shouldn't put it in a Poke Ball or something?" She pointed at the Meowth.

"Oh, she's fine, always does that." He hesitated. "Might be a bit of a problem if your Pokémon knocks her in the water."

"Bijou wouldn't do that."

"Are you sure? She looks like she's about to..."

"Huh?" The Purrloin had hopped off her lap once again while she was chatting. She was now crouching close to the railing, looking like she was planning a Fake Out. "Bijou! Come here! I am so sorry—"

"That's fine," Parker chuckled. "No harm done. Should keep a closer eye on her if you're not a Trainer, though, they can get unruly without proper training."

You're one to talk about unruly Pokémon! She thought, glancing at the dangling Meowth. "She's just bored, she's usually very good. And I am a Trainer. I have a badge." She scooped Bijou back up, carefully avoiding telling him which one.

"Oh? Which one?" Damnit.

"Well..." Thankfully, an odd, marimba-like ringtone stopped her from having to answer.

"Ah, sorry." He pulled out a beat up-looking Pokégear. "Hey? Yeah, ferry's docking in about 10 minutes. Should be able to make it down to the Station pretty soon. 'Recruits'? No... not here. Sure, I will. Bye."

"...What's this about 'recruits', are you a missionary?" She teased as he hung up.

"Well—" He looked her up and down, but in a distinctly different way than the other man had. "Nah, you don't really look dressed for the job, anyway."

"No, no, you did me a favour. If there's something I can help you with, let me know." She offered out of courtesy. Provided I don't have to go too out of my way. She liked him, but not that much. "And I do have other clothes, try me." She lightly tapped her heel against the leather suitcase at her feet.

"Well, thank you. In that case, if you're up for an extremely fun Pokémon-counting job around the forest, I'll show you where I'm heading." He motioned for her to hand over her phone. A moment later, he handed it back, with the directions to a building just south of the Petalburg Forest highlighted on her map.

Ranger Station. She wrinkled her nose. He noticed.

"Yeah, I didn't think you'd be very interested," He laughed, watching her expression change. "But, you know, if you're a Trainer, we might be able to find something worth your while at the Station. And I'll be there, if you... uh... wanted to come."

"I will keep that in mind." She smiled as she turned her attention back to the front of the boat, carefully avoiding the gaze of the man who had previously accosted her. Larger docked boats in the horizon were now coming into view, as a chiming followed by an amplified voice announced they were approaching Briney Port, and to prepare for disembarkment. "Oh! We're here already."

"Time flies when you're having fun." He remarked in his deadpan voice once again, but it was true that his company had made the ride much more bearable. He folded up his sketch carefully before slotting it into his messenger bag.

Marcella accepted his offer as he picked up her suitcase in one hand, and deftly wrangled his Meowth in the other. Once they were a few paces away from the small, dispersing crowd, he set both of them down. "Thank you," She said to him as she gathered her belongings. "And thanks again for bailing me out earlier."

"Don't mention it, and thank you for keeping me company. I'll see you around, maybe." He gave her a small wave and a smile back, before walking off. She did not see his Meowth sit down the entire ride, but she somehow still had the energy to scamper after her Trainer enthusiastically. Yeah, maybe you will.

Turning her attention back to her own affairs, she pulled out her Rotom Phone, bringing up the same map of the area he had marked. "Alright, first thing's first... Petalburg City is... this way. Okay. I'm not carrying you, Bijou, come." She could return to her Luxury Ball, but the Purrloin needed the exercise, so Marcella was making her walk as much as possible.

The Contacts menu was brought to the front as she closed her map, and she almost exited it as well without thinking, before noticing a new number there under the name 'Parker Parker'. Cute.​

Party

Purrloin ♀ // Bijou
    Level 22

Scratch
    Fake Out
    Sand Attack
    Play Rough

Art

Clamperl ♀ // Pearly
    Level 13

Clamp
    Water Gun