• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Centres!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • This is one of my favorite of the new features introduced. It's much more convenient to have both the Pokemon Center and Poke Mart combined cause now I don't rush around the city looking for the Poke Mart anymore. I really don't miss them being separate either cause it makes sense for them to be combined. It's called a Pokemon Center so why wouldn't it have a market in it that sells medicines and other Pokemon related supplies? That just makes more sense to me. I do hope this returns in X and Y.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I have to say, among the building changes in this game, this is my favorite. You need to heal your Pokemon and buy some Full Restores while you're at it? Great! Don't move to another building in between. In older games, Pokemarts where sometimes inconvenient to try getting to. (Sootopolis, anyone?) This just made that fixed up and you don't have to move around after you fly to a city, just walk in! It's pretty nice.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I liked how the Pokémon Centers and the Poké Marts were merged so that I'd save time and steps walking from the Center counter to the Mart counter.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I loved the merge, it makes it much easier to have both (health and shop) in one building. I found annoying in previous generations when I reached a new city, I had to go on a hunting search to find out where the Pokemart and the PokeCenter were.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2013
    This change was positive, but I don't want to see this implemented on the next versions.

This feature must be seen as an exclusive feature of Unova. They don't need to put in the other versions

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I'm going to be honest, at first i didn't like it at all.
    After many years of tradition, having the PokeCenter and the Mart merge felt pretty unusual. After getting used to it though, i have to admit it's a lot easier and more useful than having two separate buildings. So in the end, i think this was a pretty nice change.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Blah no I still don't like it. It's convenient, sure, but I prefer having individual buildings. The Pokémon Centres look too big and less cozy and I miss having the little cornerstore vibe from the Marts. It all became very uniform in Unova and yeah. I'm hoping that was just because of the urban themes and not something that will become a trend.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
    Years
  • Loved it <3

It is more convenient to access both the Pokemon Center and the PokeMart now, as opposed to having two seperate buildings. I also liked how they provided instant access to the second floor in G5 PokeCenters!(In Gen 4, you need to ride the escalator up, which takes up a bit of time, especially if you wanted to change your signature on the back of your trainer card. Also in Gen 5, players could edit their signature anywhere they wanted.)

To sum it up with one word: Convenience

Although I still kind of missed the old blue buildings :(...

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I do like the blue roofs but I'll admit it is convenient coming into a new town for the first time and just being able to find both the PC and the Mart under the one roof. I wouldn't mind it going forward cause it's an awesome idea overall :)

PS: I still laugh about this:

BH3wPRSCMAAUyg0.jpg

Years
  • It was a huge convenience to have the PokéMart in the same building as the Pokémon Center, and it's something that 'realistically' makes sense, too. It's just logical.
    However, with that said, I wouldn't mind too much if they re-separated the buildings; it'd be nice to see little blue-roofed buildings in towns and cities again, and it's never a MAJOR inconvenience to have to go to a different building to buy items/heal Pokémon.

Years
  • I prefer having my PokeMarts in with my Pokemon Centers. It give the convenience of being able to do one stop for everything, while explaining how the Centers come into money, what with their free healing.

Back