• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All of Ash's Other Old Pokémon at Prof. Oak's Lab to Become Fully Evolved?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    Some of Ash's old Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory and of unknown status, who are now fully evolved, include:

• Charizard
    • Kingler
    • Donphan
    • Swellow
    • Sceptile
    • Glalie
    • Staraptor
    • Torterra
    • Infernape
    • Gliscor
    …And all of Ash's other old Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory and in training, who aren't fully evolved, include:

• Bulbasaur, who has decided to not evolve
    • Squirtle
    • Bayleef
    • Quilava
    • Totodile
    • Corphish
    • Buizel
    • Gible
    So, will Ash's Squirtle, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel and Gible become fully evolved?

tnfsf11

I don't really know but I can tell they're history, why?
    Because Ash is famous for ditching his pokes before entering a new region, if he didn't even care for some of them enough to evolve them, then I don't expect him to care now enough to bring them back (unless one gets an evo this gen)...

He did bring back Charizard, Bulbasaur & Squirtle in AG189 but he didn't evolve them, when he brought Charizard in BW116 but this time without Bulbasaur & Squirtle I knew that he cared enough for it to evolve it & years afterwards bring it back...

But this is just my personal theory.

Last edited:

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • Well ash did bring back cynaquil and it evolved into quilava so there is a possibility that it could happen again.
    Bulbasaur is not evolving, decided not to.
    Squirtle won't evolve cause of the squirtle squad.
    The only pokemon i see that could evolve is gible since it was caught at the end of DP so if Ash decided to bring it back it might evolve .

Years
  • The only Pokemon that he might evolve further are his Quilava or Bayleef, as both are 2nd-tier Johto starters. My personal opinion is that he usually has a fully evolved starter from each region. /Usually/. Unfortunately, the current state of the anime disagrees. It's already up to 123 episodes in the B/W saga (of the U.S., anyhow) and it's probably going to end soon in Japan (which has 138 episodes aired). None of his starters (Pignite, Oshawott, Snivy) are fully evolved, and since we've basically seen the evolved forms of all the starters in at least the majority of an episode (not just a small, minute appearance/debut), they might not be fully evolved either. Not sure if the Decolore Adventures are the best way to cohere Unova with Kalos, but most likely Ash will send all of his Pokemon (excluding Pikachu, obviously) back when he reaches the new region and/or Pallet Town, like he does at the end of every regional arc.

Got a bit off-topic there...anyway, I doubt any of his other Pokemon will become fully evolved. I don't see Buizel, Corphish, Squirtle, or Totodile evolving any time soon (heh, go figure they're all Water-type). Gible might be interesting to bring back - its gluttonous personality is certainly different... After all, Phanpy was caught/hatched in Johto, left at Oak's lab during most of AG, then came back during the Battle Frontier season (and evolved into Donphan then).

Years
    • Seen today
    Hmm...I don't see Bayleef evolving (if I remember right it has some personality defect, the effects of which were reduced after its first evolution?). Squirtle's not coming back, let's be honest. Bulbasaur and Buizel are too stubborn to evolve. Quilava's a possibility, as it Gible - but no further than Gabite as otherwise they'd really look stupid when Ash can't win.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Like [supporter]Amore[/supporter] said, I don't see a pseudo-legy like Garchomp anywhere near Ash. With that guy's firepower it basically makes Ash impossible to lose in a stupid, outsmarting, embarrassing way, like he usually does.

It all depends on if Kalos is gonna be like Johto and be a bit old-sport style, and not some brand-new rubbish like Unova was. That way he can call in few of his many Pokémon from old regions, but if he decides to take Sceptile then well... let's just say he's finished all the gyms already. So that's a point under pressure.

Or maybe like Aipom somebody (Gible, please!) may tail along with Ash and end up being a part of the team.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    i really hope that in what left of the 16th season ash will evolve at least all his starters to their final form. his team in this region is really weak and i really hope that he will evolve palpitoad and boldore. how this can be that they are making the heroes of the series so weak? iris could at least evolve axew to haxsorus.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Phanpy and Cyndaquil are the only examples of pokemon which evolved after he deposited them, seemingly for good. Cyndaquil is the biggest wrench to the pattern, as he didn't even add it back into his team, unlike Phanpy.

• Totodile and Gible frequently acted as comic relief, which I would liken to things like Psyduck. Gible with its overeating and Draco Misses, and Totodile with that cute dance of his. Neither of these would work once they evolve. I personally don't want them to evolve, but I recognize that there is a possibility.
    • Bayleef and Quilava are examples of pokemon which evolved to overcome a conflict. I dislike it when a pokemon doesn't finish evolving--either stay cute and cuddly in your first form, or complete the evolution. Even though I want them to evolve, it's hard for me to imagine how this would be worked into the anime.
    • Corphish and Buizel had such a long time spent in their respective regions, that I can't imagine Ash picking them back up like he did with Phanpy. They might pull a Cyndaquil, though.
    I liked it when Phanpy evolved, because it was a baby pokemon that never had much time to spend with Ash, tagged along for a second journey, and evolved once it had enough experience. I didn't like it when Cyndaquil evolved, because he had so much screen time that he should have done it back in Johto during one of the many conflicts back then, not 3 journeys later when he was just making a cameo.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • It's all about marketing most of ash's pokemon are supposed to be the small cute kind to sell pokemon to the younger audiences the only ones who seem to evolve are his birds and what ever starter he had a special connection to. The only reason phanphy evolved because ash caught phanphy late in johto and he was popular amongst kids . Phanphy evolving was just to make ash's team more competetive for the battle frontier same reason cyndaquil evolved to quilava . As of now Gible is the only pokemon ash has that has a chance of evolving even though I doubt it will go all the way to garchomp.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2013
    Ash don't like to evolve pokemons. I remember an episode that he got a thunderstone, and he recused to evolve pikachu to raichu

reniersnyder

The Glaceon Girl
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    I didn't know that they evolved. And Charizard isn't at professor oak's place anymore.

Back