• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you believe the theory that Virizion was originally going to be the evolved form of Shaymin?

Years
  • ummmmmmmm

Spoiler:

vs

Spoiler:

... gonna be honest, aside from the slight pink on the leaf-thing on Virizion's neck, I don't really see the similarities.

you can possibly stretch Sky Shaymin to be Virizion-esque.... but that'd be changing its colour scheme entirely somewhat (getting rid of the white for an all-green esque design), not to mention the body structure seems like way to radical of a change from Skymin to Virizion.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't see it myself, and it was the first time I have heard of this theory as well. Is there anything more to it than appearance?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    It's kinda like one of those Luvdisc and Alomomola moments. Where like, there's circumstantial evidence to support an evolution theory (in this case, the color story), but I don't think that's what GF intended.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's kinda like one of those Luvdisc and Alomomola moments. Where like, there's circumstantial evidence to support an evolution theory (in this case, the color story), but I don't think that's what GF intended.
    I can see Luvdisc and Alomomola more given the same general shape and colour and typing and general "based on a water animal" basis there. It's got more going for it than other examples, such as Shaymin and Virizion, imo.

Back