• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: One week later: Scarlet and Violet’s performance flubs amid massive sales

One week later: Scarlet and Violet’s performance flubs amid massive sales

One week later: Scarlet and Violet’s performance flubs amid massive sales

They’re fun to play and sold millions of copies! If only it wasn’t for the fps drops, the glitches, the game crashes, the questionable game design decisions, the limited and regressive …

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
This' unacceptable. Dont care whats the reason. Besides all these major companies, now even Nintendo has no quality assurance. Legends Arc i had fun with. It was my 1st new Pokemon game in a while but i got it used for 40/50 a yr after launch. Hoped S/V would improve a whole lot + release in a finished-ish state at least..

The game has its issues, but its definitely still fun, at least to me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Sales for Pokemon really do not reflect whether a game is good or not as a majority of people will buy the games because its Pokemon.

I think overall the main thing I am disappointed in with the game is the textures on rocks and grass/trees.

Even though it doesn't affect gameplay it does affect your eyes as you are looking at it.

It feels like Pokemon are just walking around in a big lizard cage with fake decor rather then a real world.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
When I previously said that I did not experience any major glitches, I spoke too soon. Last night when playing Pokémon Violet, after spending several hours grinding for TM crafting material by defeating several Pokémon, possibly hundreds, through the auto-battle feature, I attempted to open the map to fly to a nearby Pokémon Center. Upon doing so, my game completely crashed and returned me to the Nintendo Switch home screen. Mind you, my game crashed even after downloading the new update. Because I had the "autosave" option enabled, I assumed that the game automatically saved my progress throughout my grind, but when I returned to the game to check my data, several hours of my playtime went unaccounted for, causing me to lose a massive amount of progress. As a result, I have to grind for TM materials all over again and, to be honest, I kind of lost the will to continue playing the game.

This isn't the first time the game hard crashed on me, as it occurred a day or two before this incident after leaving the Union Circle with a friend of mine. Luckily for me, at that time, I didn't lose any progress. The problem is that I actually love this game, as it might be the most fun Pokémon game I've ever played because of the freedom, open world, and ability to undergo your adventure with your friends online through the Union Circle, but if the game continues to crash on me when making progress, it demotivates me to continue making progress because I can't trust if the game would remain stable. With that being said, not only is the Pokédex lacking variety as previously mentioned, but the glitches are horrible as well. It's amazing how what should be the best Pokémon game ever is seeming like one of the worst right now, all because of performance issues. I'll try again, as I am really trying to prepare for the ranked competitive battles that began today, but if this happens again and I lose progress, I am quitting this game entirely.

Back