• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2023
So I have a problem with my Fire Red Rom. I used Darthatron's PEP tool to edit some pokemon as well as add a few, and then neither VBA nor No$gba would play the rom. VBA just displays a white screen. No$gba told me that I had a bad rom entrypoint at header [000h]. Anybody know what's going on here? I know the problem is a result of something during the use of the PEP because both emulators played the rom before I used the tool.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
This thread is your friend ;)

That`s the thing. I`ve already read it. I just don`t know what to do because it requires the hack to be far in progress, mine is finished. But it also requires screenshots of maps but no maps are edited, it`s just a simple thing. I don`t know where to post it since it fills some requirements but lacks others.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
That`s the thing. I`ve already read it. I just don`t know what to do because it requires the hack to be far in progress, mine is finished. But it also requires screenshots of maps but no maps are edited, it`s just a simple thing. I don`t know where to post it since it fills some requirements but lacks others.
That means, you can't post it. You're better off advertising it in your signature. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Is there any easy way to switch pokemon in the rom? For example, switching articuno with marowak so that articuno could use the thick club. I've been jotting down the details of each, then exchanging stats, movesets, and the like in YAPE, but this strikes me as horrible, since I'm planning on completely restructuring the dex.

Team snag'em's tools don't work for this, as far as I can tell.

Also, I accidentally screwed up a map beyond repair, and exported/imported a copy of the map from a backup copy of the rom I had lying about, to replace it and hopefully fix everything, but there's a new problem. The map in question is Cerulean, and it's now no longer possible to mount/dismount the bike while in the city. According to Advancemap, the header with the weather/route type/etc is identical to every other town, and the scripts are all exactly what they are in a clean copy of fire red, so I'm a bit baffled as to why you can't bike there.

Questions are all about Fire Red, by the way.

Years
sorry let me rephrase my question,how do i for example put a trainer overworld from daimond into my ruby ,if the sprites to big,and when i resize it to 32x32 it has enough room but after its in it shows up as half body parts in the game help me please this is the pivotal part of my hack>

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
sorry let me rephrase my question,how do i for example put a trainer overworld from daimond into my ruby ,if the sprites to big,and when i resize it to 32x32 it has enough room but after its in it shows up as half body parts in the game help me please this is the pivotal part of my hack>

Not to be critical, but sprites shouldn't be the most important part of your entire hack :/

Make it the same dimensions as an existing sprite to overwrite (I think some legendaries could be big enough) and write it in over those, or do some serious editing and manually make it small enough to be the same size as a normal sprite. Be aware that you might end up having more difficulty fitting all the sprites into the limited number of palettes, though.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
@higame
16x32 not 32x32

@colcostyles
looks tricky, but i'll try it, thanks.

ok, i inserted a titlescreen logo, background, flames, and pokemon.
i pallette edited them all with the correct pallettes.
now, when i open my rom at the titlescreen, everything works fine except the pokemon, which had the exact same pallette as the background.
i tried pallette editing the background and the same thing happened the other way round.
sum1 hlp pls.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Whiting Out

Having added extra heaaling spots and flight spots to my rom, I have run into a problem.

Whenever I white out, the game glitches. The player sprite does the animations that nurse joy is supposed to do. And because the player sprite doesnt have a bow animation, the player ends up running on the spot infinitely.

I REALLY don't want to start on a fresh rom, and have tried dissassembling the rom just before, during and after the white out, and comparing it with a clean rom. I have been unable to spot any differences between the two. I can only assume I have accidentally overwritten one tiny part of the rom. Someone help me, please!

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Hey, really nooby question here but anyway...

When my player leaves his house through the door, I want the script to trigger after he walks on the entrance/exit spot outside the house. However, I have to move and walk back on that square to trigger the script.

I was told that I should use a level script, however I don't honestly know what that is...

If someone could help it's be great.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Yeah.. Isn't that the same as just putting the offset into the "Script offset" box? My problem is that I have to walk over the tile a second time to trigger it, when instead I should trigger is when I leave out of the door. Thanks for your help anyway.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2010
1) How can i delete all maps from rom and/or start from scratch with advancemap?

2) Would it be possible, and if so, how, to get tile sheets from old games such as gold/silver or red/blue to put into my fire red hack? Or is there any way to just hack the pokemon red/blue roms and maps themselves?

3)What is a good WORKING talking script that i could use for just a normal press A and talk to character script? I am asking this only because I have used many others, but have not been able to find one that works fully

any help is much appreciated :)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Yeah.. Isn't that the same as just putting the offset into the "Script offset" box? My problem is that I have to walk over the tile a second time to trigger it, when instead I should trigger is when I leave out of the door. Thanks for your help anyway.

A level script is very different from a trigger script. A level script activates once you enter a map. There a nifty tutorial right here.

1) How can i delete all maps from rom and/or start from scratch with advancemap?

2) Would it be possible, and if so, how, to get tile sheets from old games such as gold/silver or red/blue to put into my fire red hack? Or is there any way to just hack the pokemon red/blue roms and maps themselves?

3)What is a good WORKING talking script that i could use for just a normal press A and talk to character script? I am asking this only because I have used many others, but have not been able to find one that works fully

any help is much appreciated :)
1. Uhh, remap? Deleting maps can ruin ROM. Its better to just reuse the map.

2. You can import tilesets from old games to Firered via Tile Inserting. There is also a way to hack R/B, search in Google.

3.Insert msgbox @x 0x6 in a script; whereas x is the pointer to the message. For example:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
[B]msgbox @1 0x6
[/B]release
end

[B]#org @1
= Hi, I'm Zeffy.[/B]

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

In XSE:

Code:
#dynamic 0x720000

#org @start
message @message 0x2
end

#org @message
= MESSAGE.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Yeah, I read the tutorial, it's good and all, but my Advance Map doesn't have the option under the header, nor anywhere, to create a map script. I'm using Advance Map 1.92, I don't know if the version has anything to do with it...

I read the tutorial and it says that I need to create a map script using the drop down list under the header tab. I don't have this drop down list... Can anyone help me out with this?

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Let's say that I'm hacking a GBA ROM (Final Fantasy IV Advance U, specifically), and I'm looking at data structures of items starting in address 0x0E5A1C. I get a 12 byte list of things: 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 04, and then it starts again with the next item all the way down the list. Is there any program I can use that will help me extract all this data and organize it into a nice little text file (separated by commas and line breaks)?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Let's say that I'm hacking a GBA ROM (Final Fantasy IV Advance U, specifically), and I'm looking at data structures of items starting in address 0x0E5A1C. I get a 12 byte list of things: 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 04, and then it starts again with the next item all the way down the list. Is there any program I can use that will help me extract all this data and organize it into a nice little text file (separated by commas and line breaks)?

Doubt it, you might wanna look elsewhere though, not many FFIV hacks, or tools on this site... if none at all.
Google is your friend

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I can't get hackedex to work. It keeps saying:

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object

Then even though the program still comes up it won't let me open up any ROMs.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
@higame
16x32 not 32x32

@colcostyles
looks tricky, but i'll try it, thanks.

ok, i inserted a titlescreen logo, background, flames, and pokemon.
i pallette edited them all with the correct pallettes.
now, when i open my rom at the titlescreen, everything works fine except the pokemon, which had the exact same pallette as the background.
i tried pallette editing the background and the same thing happened the other way round.
sum1 hlp pls.

Make sure you checked the LZ77 compressed box. Then it might work.

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2014
How can I edit the text in pokemon ruby? Advance text doesn't go past the first route and I can't script to save my life. I have searched for about an hour and haven't found anything helpful on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back