• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    I'm still not sure if I'm all for the mega evolutions. My main problem with them is that they only last for one battle. Why couldn't they just make another evolution for these Pokemon? Yes, I know that the max amount of evolution stages is three, but just imagine how awesome it would be to have a fourth evolution for some of these Pokemon? But I guess this is the next best thing.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Saw the other Mewtwo Mega evo. The one that wasn't revealed in the beginning. I'm guessing X? At any rate, it certainly looks like the better one of the two, and a more natural jump. Then again, the original Mega evo looks like what mankind would've got if they kept Mewtwo in the labs for longer than expected.

Eh, either way, I couldn't help but laugh at trailers with a little girl trainer commanding Mewtwo. I'm gonna have to do better to suspend my disbelief for this game, hah. That or Mewtwo's gone really soft over the past decade plus.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Saw the other Mewtwo Mega evo. The one that wasn't revealed in the beginning. I'm guessing X? At any rate, it certainly looks like the better one of the two, and a more natural jump. Then again, the original Mega evo looks like what mankind would've got if they kept Mewtwo in the labs for longer than expected.

Eh, either way, I couldn't help but laugh at trailers with a little girl trainer commanding Mewtwo. I'm gonna have to do better to suspend my disbelief for this game, hah. That or Mewtwo's gone really soft over the past decade plus.
    It sort of will in this game...seeing how some of it's dex entries claim it has the most vicious heart out of all Pokémon...yet to Mega Evolve it one has to have a strong bond with it...which means petting it...and that Poke aime stuff xd

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If they do decide to give Hydreigon a MegaEvolution form, then I'd like to see them replace either one of its current types. Right now, this Pokémon's type combination is dragon and dark. This makes it four times weak to fairy, which could significantly reduce its usage in competitive play. Hydreigon is an amazing special-attacking Pokémon, and it would absolutely suck to see people stop paying attention to it just because of its weakness to fairy-types. D:

Years
  • If they do decide to give Hydreigon a MegaEvolution form, then I'd like to see them replace either one of its current types. Right now, this Pokémon's type combination is dragon and dark. This makes it four times weak to fairy, which could significantly reduce its usage in competitive play. Hydreigon is an amazing special-attacking Pokémon, and it would absolutely suck to see people stop paying attention to it just because of its weakness to fairy-types. D:

You know, I guess given that rumored list of Mega Evos is fake, and the fact Mega Garchomp got revealed there could still be hope for Hydreigon getting a Mega, and if it does they should try and take out one of its types to cut down that 4x Fairy weakness. In competitive, I could see it falling to UU mainly if OU has strong Fairy-types. It's one of the few special-based Dark and Dragon Pokemon out there and it will need some love.

Years
  • If they do decide to give Hydreigon a MegaEvolution form, then I'd like to see them replace either one of its current types. Right now, this Pokémon's type combination is dragon and dark. This makes it four times weak to fairy, which could significantly reduce its usage in competitive play. Hydreigon is an amazing special-attacking Pokémon, and it would absolutely suck to see people stop paying attention to it just because of its weakness to fairy-types. D:
    Well people stay pay attention to Tyranitar...which is 4x weak against Fighting. So I doubt they'll ignore it. However if they are to replace a type it maybe Dark for Steel...as originally Hydreigon was going to be a mecha like dragon...

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    they could make Hydreigon mega some kind of mecha dragon, just look at blaziken they took a beta pic of him.
    1366964223994.jpg

Lapras could get something like this for the Mega:
    Early_Lapras_sketch.png

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • How many GEN6 pokemon will have Mega-Evolutions? That's a good question. Do we know if that mega-list is fake or not?

Years
  • How many GEN6 pokemon will have Mega-Evolutions? That's a good question. Do we know if that mega-list is fake or not?

They did confirm the list as fake, but I was kinda suspecting it because there's a chance a Kalos Pokemon could have a Mega Evolution. But I don't they'll reveal the full list of Mega Evos until the games are out I suspect.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • Mega Gengar, Mega Alakazam, and all the Mega Pseudos... my dream has coome true!

Years
  • Mega Gengar, Mega Alakazam, and all the Mega Pseudos... my dream has coome true!

That list that was posted on Tumblr? It's fake sadly. They probably won't reveal any more until the games come out I think. We'll have to discover them ourselves like with the final evo starters, Game Freak usually like to surprise us with some of the new Pokemon.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • so far the list was true, I'd like to keep my faith there.. ;)
    it looks pretty neat too

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    2 Pokemon I recently realized would be awesome with a Mega Evolution would be Nidoking and Nidoqueen. Both of this pokes only need a stat boost here and there to be able to wreck everything since they have great offensive versatility.

Years
  • MegaStantler.

Just because that thing is forgotten and outclassed horribly by every other decent normal-type, so why not?

...Even I forgot Stantler existed until just now. xD;
    Same here...until you mentioned it Dx

I agree, NidoKing and NidoQueen would benefit from one. Also it'll help if they made them more associated with ground in their Megas as sometimes one forgets they are part ground.

Back