• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Game Jam 3: Mythic Encounters

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
  • Hey everyone, just a heads-up that the game jam is reaching its final stretch. Please get your submission uploaded and linked to in this thread in the next 24 hours(Sooner is better, as I can let you know if there are playability issues as soon as I download your game.)

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Legends of Kanto - Game Jam 3
    Download :
    https://mega.nz/#!YE1BFLIA!Xa_1I315Uepkw8TtiAZugSGEPGxdxW1-pW1MDinCwbU
    Instructions
    1: Unzip/Unrar
    2: Game Save is located in "Game Save" Folder
    3: When you load the game save , you should be on Cinibar Island in the PC
    4: Go to the PC & Pick out the team you want to use
    5: Go to the Bottom Left Building and talk to "Red Haired" Team Rocket Lady
    6: After she is defeated go across the bridge and go into the Volcano
    7: Have fun with the Event !
    ps... Debug Mode is on just in case something happens
    pss... The Dungeon is 2 Floors only and you have to find a white switch to teleport to next floor
    psss... If you have issues loading the Game Save make sure you run the game 1x and save it 1x then import the GameSave from the "Game Save" folder

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Downloading and testing the game right now, Zeak. Thanks for submitting!

EDIT: Seems stable, albeit a few trivial collision issues, so I can mark this one as Entry Received!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm sadly away with terrible upload speed at where i am so i sadly can't upload my entry (and i didn't upload it yesterday cause of a gamebreaking bug at start of game that i only fixed today). I can post a non competitive entry in a day or 2 when i get home though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Three hours left and I am faced with a game breaking bug. x.x Specifically, the final cutscene - literally the most important part of the game - refuses to function properly.
    If I don't get it uploaded, know that that is probably why. Sorry! >.< Still going to try to fix it, though!

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Don't worry if you have to cheap out on the ending with text boxes, if you've got time swap it back, but that way you'd safely be able to submit within the next 2.5 hours!

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Hey everyone,
    First of all, a big thanks to Zeak for having his entry in on time, and he'll be winning a special award for being the first submission!

I have to say, I'm kinda disappointed to not see more entries as midnight rolls around. We've received 1 out of 8 entries, and several people have asked me about extending the deadline. Honestly I want to get a pulse on this, so if you're still working on it, we've offered a slight extension. We'll still allow competitive entries over the next day, but your scores will be modified based on how far past deadline your entry was received(meaning that the sooner it gets in the better). We have also agreed upon a hard cutoff time, past which all entries will be considered noncompetitive (and ineligible for awards other than participant but will still be streamed), which we will not announce until the cutoff has occurred.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Unfortunately, I couldn't fix or redo it in time because there was still other stuff left to do as well...
    Still, this was really fun, and it was good practice for the future! ^^ It was my first game jam anyway, so I didn't really know how to manage everything efficiently. XD
    Thank you for running the event! ^^ (And since you said we're allowed to reuse stuff we originally made for the game jam, I don't even have to let the Mega Cresselia I made go to waste! XD)

Edit: Oh hey I was ninja'd. Totally saw that. I guess I'll continue trying, then?
    I think I probably will just have mine be noncompetitive, though. This is my first time and I'm doing it for fun anyway. ^^

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I couldn't fix or redo it in time because there was still other stuff left to do as well...
    Still, this was really fun, and it was good practice for the future! ^^ It was my first game jam anyway, so I didn't really know how to manage everything efficiently. XD
    Thank you for running the event! ^^ (And since you said we're allowed to reuse stuff we originally made for the game jam, I don't even have to let the Mega Cresselia I made go to waste! XD)

Edit: Oh hey I was ninja'd. Totally saw that. I guess I'll continue trying, then?
    I think I probably will just have mine be noncompetitive, though. This is my first time and I'm doing it for fun anyway. ^^

This event is definitely meant to be fun!
    It's to get you into actually making a game rather than just saying "man this would be cool"
    If you can't fit the time to make it competitive it would still be a lot of fun to play as non-competetive, so don't give up!
    Also keep in mind this is for fun, so there's no need to push yourself too hard

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Hey zeak can you check this out for me? I honestly have no idea where I'm going - the only thing that seems to mean anything is the white circle in the dungeon as it is the only remarkable different thing there, and when I go to it it plays the exit SE, but pops up that error message.
    I'll be trying other things but if I can't find any other way to go I'll have to assume that's the way to progress and you'll have 24 hours to resubmit or we'll have to say the game is unplayable.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Hey zeak can you check this out for me? I honestly have no idea where I'm going - the only thing that seems to mean anything is the white circle in the dungeon as it is the only remarkable different thing there, and when I go to it it plays the exit SE, but pops up that error message.
    I'll be trying other things but if I can't find any other way to go I'll have to assume that's the way to progress and you'll have 24 hours to resubmit or we'll have to say the game is unplayable.

This error is actually the "Dungeon" script fault due to it might of made the Dungeon to big to render.
    So for this issue is why I included the "Debug" mode to be on, I recommend saving before going into the dungeon it self.
    also when you try to get someone to notice a post please make sure to let someone know @Radical Raptr

Words from Maruno !
    Depends on your needs/processor powers/etc.

#ItNeedsMorePowerB2TF

Works Just Fine by the way
    Picture_2015_06_23_19_02_19.png

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Hey Shgeldz, the judging stream will be this coming Saturday(I'm not certain on the time yet because I don't know how many entries there will be to showcase).

At present we have received 3 competitive entries, and the hard cutoff is approaching! Also, bear in mind that you can submit a non-competitive entry any time before Saturday as well, but will be ineligible for any awards other than Participant!

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Hey Shgeldz, the judging stream will be this coming Saturday(I'm not certain on the time yet because I don't know how many entries there will be to showcase).

At present we have received 3 competitive entries, and the hard cutoff is approaching! Also, bear in mind that you can submit a non-competitive entry any time before Saturday as well, but will be ineligible for any awards other than Participant!

Is my game still okay ? The error occurs only if there pc can't handle generating the map not my fault his pc needs updating lol xD

Thank you

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • This error is actually the "Dungeon" script fault due to it might of made the Dungeon to big to render.
    So for this issue is why I included the "Debug" mode to be on, I recommend saving before going into the dungeon it self.
    also when you try to get someone to notice a post please make sure to let someone know @Radical Raptr

Words from Maruno !
    Depends on your needs/processor powers/etc.

#ItNeedsMorePowerB2TF

Works Just Fine by the way
    Picture_2015_06_23_19_02_19.png

I can get that far, but there's a part after this, no? where you have to reach a circle? I swear to God if you have a random dungeon that leads to another random dungeon...

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • I can get that far, but there's a part after this, no? where you have to reach a circle? I swear to God if you have a random dungeon that leads to another random dungeon...
    it's a two layered random dungeon xD sorry !
    the 2nd floor leads to the boss room tho !
    I so sorry ;-;

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Is my game still okay ? The error occurs only if there pc can't handle generating the map not my fault his pc needs updating lol xD

Thank you
    To be fair, it is kind of a violation of the spirit of the challenge to simply randomly generate the dungeon. The error only occurs because a recursive formula can be resource-intensive, and frankly updating won't fix a problem like that - it is a designer-side error to assume all computers are up to your specs. After all, if a judge who uses the same program as you cannot run your build, what chance does a player who doesn't have RPG Maker installed have to be able to play? I can run the game, and will evaluate it accordingly, but will probably be assigning a penalty to the mapping category as you've deliberately skipped mapping.

We've reached the hard cutoff for entries. You may still submit your entries up until Friday and I'll stream them during judging, but now only Zeak's, Sablrainy's, and Starrmyt's entries will be eligible for awards beyond Participant, with the latter two taking a modified penalty to scoring to reflect that Zeak was the only participant to submit on time.

Back