• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Terastal Phenomenon [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]

Years
  • Thank you, I edited the STAB bonus out of my game.

What do I do if my plugins are overwriting changes I made to my game with default Pokemon Essentials stuff? I think it's either the gen 8 or gen 9 project that's overwriting my custom critical hit code and custom crit messages.

Years
    • Seen today
    Thank you, I edited the STAB bonus out of my game.

What do I do if my plugins are overwriting changes I made to my game with default Pokemon Essentials stuff? I think it's either the gen 8 or gen 9 project that's overwriting my custom critical hit code and custom crit messages.

My plugins also overwrite various code related to critical hits.

If a plugin is overwriting something, overwrite it back. Either by going into each plugin and manually editing them to include your changes where appropriate, or by just making your own plugin that loads after all the other plugins that overwrite stuff you dont want changed.

Years
  • Tried making my own plugin, didn't work, tried numbering it with 1, didn't work, tried numbering it 999 and it didn't work, tried deleting all the Gen 9 Project critical hit-related code and my own code still wasn't loaded, tried putting even more profanity in the "It's super effective" messages just to see what would happen, didn't work.

I've got custom form change code that's not being loaded. I've got custom "If super effective and STAB then crit" code that isn't being loaded. I've got foul language in the "It's super effective!" and "A critical hit!" message that's supposed to be showing up but isn't.

Years
    • Seen today
    Tried making my own plugin, didn't work, tried numbering it with 1, didn't work, tried numbering it 999 and it didn't work, tried deleting all the Gen 9 Project critical hit-related code and my own code still wasn't loaded, tried putting even more profanity in the "It's super effective" messages just to see what would happen, didn't work.

I've got custom form change code that's not being loaded. I've got custom "If super effective and STAB then crit" code that isn't being loaded. I've got foul language in the "It's super effective!" and "A critical hit!" message that's supposed to be showing up but isn't.

Like I said, you have to overwrite the plugin changes by having your code load after other plugins that edit code you want to retain. Changing the plugin name to a number isnt going to accomplish that. You have to list all of the plugins you want yours to load after as optional dependencies in your plugin's meta.txt file.

CB0516

Certified Goofy Goober
    Years
    • Any Pronouns
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    How do I add Tera Shards with custom types?

Years
    • He/Him and They/Them
    • Canada
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    In the Debug Menu, I'm not seeing the setting for the Tera Orb always being charged. Am I just looking in the wrong part, or is it not in the Debug Menu?

Years
    • Seen today
    In the Debug Menu, I'm not seeing the setting for the Tera Orb always being charged. Am I just looking in the wrong part, or is it not in the Debug Menu?

Its not a Debug option, its an option in the plugin settings. In Debug mode you can just hold CTRL while Terastallizing to keep the orb charged, or manually recharge it in the debug menu.

Years
    • Seen today
    Would you be able to post the script that got it working for you? Was trying to mess with it on my own but couldn't get it to work

You put :ace as an entry in the "Pokemon" hash when setting up a Deluxe Wild Battle. They were mistakingly putting it in the "Rules" hash. This is covered further in the Essentials Deluxe tutorial.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.3)
    **IMPORTANT** This update requires v1.2.5 of Essentials Deluxe to be installed. That update requires that you start a new game. **IMPORTANT**

• The following statistics are now tracked by the game, and can be accessed with the following scripts:
      • $stats.terastallize_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used Terastallization.
      • $stats.wild_tera_battles: Tracks the total number of times the player has entered a battle with a wild Tera Pokemon.
      • $stats.total_tera_types_changed: Tracks the total number of times the player has changed their Pokemon's Tera Type by use of Tera Shards.

CB0516

Certified Goofy Goober
    Years
    • Any Pronouns
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Is there anyway to prevent terastalising into certain types, like the Shadow type?

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there anyway to prevent terastalising into certain types, like the Shadow type?

The Shadow and ??? types should already be prevented from use. Anything flagged as a "pseudo type" in the Types PBS file should fail to be recognized as a valid Tera Type.

CB0516

Certified Goofy Goober
    Years
    • Any Pronouns
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    With the implication of having nothing bad happen with having Shadow as a pseudo type, I thank you for giving me the solution.

Years
    • Seen today
    ATTENTION! Final Version!
    With the release of Essentials v21, the current version of this plugin (v1.0.3) will be the final version of the Terastal Phenomenon for v20.1. Going forward I will instead be fully focused on v21, so I will no longer be updating or supporting this plugin. I intend to take a break before I even start thinking about how or when I'm going to start working on a v21 iteration of the plugin, so don't ask me about a time frame for release. I will keep this plugin available in the meantime. But this iteration of the plugin will eventually be removed once a v21 successor is released and takes its place. I will give fair warning before this happens, so don't panic.

See you all in v21!

Years
    • Seen today
    Question, would it be possible to have NPC trainers terastallize a Pokémon that doesn't have the Ace parameter?
    In my game I was intending to have all notable trainers use Mega Evolutions are their Ace. One battle in particular I'll need the trainer to save their ace for last. So if I set this Pokémon to ace, then this trainer wouldn't be able to Tera any other mon, right?

Years
    • Seen today
    Question, would it be possible to have NPC trainers terastallize a Pokémon that doesn't have the Ace parameter?
    In my game I was intending to have all notable trainers use Mega Evolutions are their Ace. One battle in particular I'll need the trainer to save their ace for last. So if I set this Pokémon to ace, then this trainer wouldn't be able to Tera any other mon, right?

The ace parameter has never been required for Terastallization, or any other mechanic. A trainer's ace is whatever Pokemon is listed last in their PBS lineup. All the "ace" parameter does is that it can be used to flag an earlier species in that lineup to also be considered an ace by my plugins, for situations where you for some reason DONT want the trainer to trigger Terastallization on their final Pokemon.

So if you make the final Pokemon (their ace) in your trainer's lineup capable of Mega Evolving, and flag an earlier species in their lineup as an ace too, then they will Mega their final Pokemon, and Tera whatever other Pokemon that has the ace flag.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    I got an error and don't know what to do to fix it.
    [Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]

Error in Plugin: [Terastal Phenomenon]
    Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
    [Terastal Phenomenon] [001] Debug.rb:111:in `<module:Compiler>'
    [Terastal Phenomenon] [001] Debug.rb:110:in `<main>'
    Section008:635:in `eval'
    Section008:635:in `block (2 levels) in runPlugins'
    Section008:625:in `each'
    Section008:625:in `block in runPlugins'
    Section008:616:in `each'
    Section008:616:in `runPlugins'