• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2021
I am starting to hack Fire Red, and I'm trying to implement a Snag-like feature. How would I go about classifying certain trainers' pokemon as "wild" and so able to catch?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I am starting to hack Fire Red, and I'm trying to implement a Snag-like feature. How would I go about classifying certain trainers' pokemon as "wild" and so able to catch?

IF it is possible to do it in a trainer battle, probably ASM, if possible. However, that would not be ideal for anyperson new to hacking.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
On Ash answer..
How do i patch my rom with shynyzer..
Read the tut still doesn't understand.
Can anyone make it simpler for me to understand?

Years
In the maps for insides of buildings in the game, there are often three warps next to eachother. Why is this, and should I do this to in order to make a decent interior map?

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
I have 2 questions:
1.How do i add in different tile sets?For example,i want to get some tile sets from ruby and use it in my fire red hack.Is this at all possible?

2.Im doing a hack of fire red,and i would like to use certain tile sets from one city(eg cerulean) and place them in another city(eg saffron)
I already know about switching the tile sets but when i do so,the other tiles that are currently in the map get messed up

THXS FOR YOUR HELP
~lord_kratos~

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2010
Greetings, PokeCommunity. Longtime reader, first-time poster here.

How can I edit the Pokemon Emerald title screen logo - specifically the part that says "Emerald Version"? I don't have any clue how to do it, since the FireRed and Ruby tutorials don't work for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
It works the same as they do Hinchy.
Just find the image on Unlz.Gba.
But i recomend you not to hack emerald as you're a beginner.
Go for Firered

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
Title Screen Help

Every time I make my own title screen, everything works except for one nagging issue, any advice on how to fix the random color bars at the bottom? Screenshots added.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Hello everyone.
I was wondering if there was a document on GBA Pokemon evolutions.
If someone knows of one please link me to it. I need it for my Pokemon Editor but do not need it right this second. I would just rather have a reference then try to figure out how the evolutions work form scratch.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hello everyone.
If someone knows of one please link me to it. I need it for my Pokemon Editor but do not need it right this second. I would just rather have a reference then try to figure out how the evolutions work form scratch.

HackMew would probably know. Or anyone who made an evo editor. Ask them :P

Juan

Brazilian with a bad English
Years
Hello everyone.

I began to document the changes in BPEE, I think it's 75% comment.
If you want the 'partial' documentation, send message.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'll ask this again.

What is the TileMolester offsets (sprite and palette) for Prof. Birch in Emerald?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Every time I make my own title screen, everything works except for one nagging issue, any advice on how to fix the random color bars at the bottom? Screenshots added.

Use less tiles. Remove multiple tiles in your tileset. Don't insert it as a whole, you'll also waste space.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Sprite: 0x08553A90
Pallete 0x0855A950

Well you could use VBA SDL-H to find these offsets.
Does not take even a minute to find them.

U.U
Are you sure those are the TileMolester offests? Because if they are, they aren't correct. 08553A90 takes me to blank data in the rom.

Years
Are you sure those are the TileMolester offests? Because if they are, they aren't correct. 08553A90 takes me to blank data in the rom.
Those are the right addresses. I'm assuming you used the address as "08553A90". Drop the 08's off the front. Those are just used by the GBA console to distinguish between different sections of the memory.

Years
Use less tiles. Remove multiple tiles in your tileset. Don't insert it as a whole, you'll also waste space.

sorry for elaborating on someone else's question, but you mean the actual image, correct? The tilemap is the one that needs to look right, but it doesn't matter about the image?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back