• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Ok, so I was inserting a new sprite for the titlescreen in Fire Red, the way it's shown in DawnRyder's tutorial, but since he's left PC I figured I'd ask here.
The sprite was divisible by 8- it was 128x128 in size. It was also indexed. So, I imported the sprite into UnlzGba, and unlike in the tutorial, I had to repoint it. Which was fine. I then imported the tilemap.raw which also needed repointing. So I open up my Rom, and the sprite is perfectly intact- but not actually using the correct palette. It's using the palette of the "Pokemon" logo, ie it's just white, with different shades of yellow and blue. How can I fix this? I've changed the Charizard Title-sprite palette, so how can I... I dunno, re-direct (doi- repoint) the palette to the new sprite?

Well, you might as well start over with your titlescreen, becuase you've done enough damage already. What you did wrong is skip one of the steps in the tutorial where Dawn Ryder said the change over from the tilemap to the Palette map. He then made all the 0's D's for the charizard. Make alll your 0's D's, and it should work :P

chentm

Stylish Improv
Years
Another question.

How do I edit the dialouge with Wallace (In Emerald), the Champion, before the Champion Battle? I cannot find the script regarding the dialouge.

And my question above.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Guys.. I really want to ask you this question.
Does anyone know if there is any red light animation in Firered just like in r/s/e?

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2009
I wanted to make game about Ash in Hoeen but I do not remember many things wanted for it . Maybe someone make game like that ? I can help...

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
Hi,good day.
I have questions
1.How do i add in custom sprites in my hack rom?I searched the forum but found nothing.Can someone plz reply and tell me?or pm me?

Years
Is there somewhere a list of specials for XSE? The one in the guide isn't complete, since I miss the Pokemon menu special, Pokédex special, and running shoes special and prefferably more.

Thanks in advance

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Is there somewhere a list of specials for XSE? The one in the guide isn't complete, since I miss the Pokemon menu special, Pokédex special, and running shoes special and prefferably more.

Thanks in advance

The Pokémon menu, the Pokédex, and the running shoes are all enabled/disabled via flags. The flags vary from game to game but you can find them in XSE's 'std.rbh' header file.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Hey, just a simple question here. I think I may be able to answer my own question with the answer, "No".

Is it possible to change your hero's sprite during the game? Like, let's stay from Chapters 1-5 you have an outfit on, but after Chapter 5, you change your outfit, and your sprite changes. Is it possible to do this? I'll accept any way, from a simple code, to ASM hacking. Is this possible?

Juan

Brazilian with a bad English
Years
[Firered question] What is Oak's palette offset in APE? I'm trying to find it... but sadly I can't. :( Does anyone have the offset?

You must have looked very well, eh?
attachment.php

The offsets are 0x461CD4 and 0x461CF4.

And the aren't "offset in APE", they are "offsets in ROM"

Hey, just a simple question here. I think I may be able to answer my own question with the answer, "No".

Is it possible to change your hero's sprite during the game? Like, let's stay from Chapters 1-5 you have an outfit on, but after Chapter 5, you change your outfit, and your sprite changes. Is it possible to do this? I'll accept any way, from a simple code, to ASM hacking. Is this possible?

Yes, only with ASM.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

yes if your a great scripter(like pokepal) or just asm.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Basically,i just make a new map,indoor map.Then when i want to insert it,i replace it with the route 4 in Bank 3,i also try to replace the tanoby ruins with this indoor map as well on bank 3 as well but the same problem.When i enter the house,this is what happen..,when i enter the house,either the screen when white or black then i cannot do anything..is there a way to fix this or am i doing something wrong..i will try to upload a video..here the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1lcz0l6ZvI

Last edited:

chentm

Stylish Improv
Years
Greetings, I have yet another question to ask. =S

The sliding VS screens at the start of an Elite Four Battle in Pokemon Emerald, how do I remove it? If possible, how do I change the face appearing in the VS screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back