• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Types of pokemon weekly poll #2: Water Pokemon

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
What's your favourite Water Pokemon? Why?
Gyarados. It's an absolute beast with Dragon Dance. It's also one of the first Water types, so it has nostalgia on it side.
What's your least favourite Water Pokemon? Why?
Tympole.:\ The damn thing's got boob-ears.
How well do you like the Water Pokemon?
Meh, they're okay, I guess. In my Top 5, I suppose....
Why do you or don't you like the Water Pokemon?
Most of them are pretty good at fighting, and most have pretty good designs. I say most because, well.....Tympole.:\
If Pokemon was real and you were a trainer, how would train your Pokemon?
In tall grass and water, duh. :p

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
What's your favourite Water Pokemon? Why? I have a lot of favorites, actually, but I guess Gyarados would be my big one. I'm also a fan of Suicune. :D OH AND KINGDRA. AND SHARPEDO.
What's your least favourite water pokemon? Why? I've never really like Psyduck or Politoed. They just don't appeal to me so much, I guess. :/
How well do you like the Water Pokemon? I do as much as any other type. Water Pokemon are really... populous, though. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Why do you or don't you like the water pokemon? -shrug-
If pokemon was real and you were a trainer, how would you train water pokemon? I'd probably actually just go swimming every day and mess around because it'd be fun. :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Though it's Walrein that's on my main team, my personal favorite is Starmie because it's fast, powerful and can learn some pretty awesome attacks. Plus, it's a purple star with a jewel in the center.
What's your least favourite water pokemon? Why?
Any Water/Ground types, since their only weakness is a type that I rarely ever train and they're such a pain in the butt to defeat. Oh, and Magikarp as well. Magikarp's vacant stare just creeps me out:/
I like them enough so there's a spot for one on every team I make, whether for competitive or in-game purposes.
Why do you or don't you like the water pokemon?
IMO, it's a very useful type to have, especially since as I mentioned I don't use Grass-types and Water works well against those Rock and Ground Pokemon.
If pokemon was real and you were a trainer, how would you train water pokemon?
Go hunting for wild Geodude, Growlithe, Diglett, etc and beat them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Azumarill, no doubt. It's been an awesome team member on every run of Emerald I have done, and it was my first shiny, too~

Corsola. I've never found it to be useful, and it was really annoying in the anime.

Favorite type, bro.

They've got pretty decent stats, water is super effective against a fair few types, and they are really really useful.

Um, I think I'd work with them on moves and such by practicing battling and various trials... and I'd take them to the beach a lot. Yeah.

blue

gucci
Years
  • What's your favourite Water Pokemon? Why?
Swana, part flying (my favourite type) and a beautiful design!
  • What's your least favourite water pokemon? Why?
Slowpoke, just generally irritating.
  • How well do you like the Water Pokemon?
I like it alot, I used her in my White playthrough and she helped out an awful lot, very strong too with great moves!
  • Why do you or don't you like the water pokemon?
Because it's lazy and well.. annoying ;(
  • If pokemon was real and you were a trainer, how would you train water pokemon?
I'd train them in the sea ofc ;)

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years

• What's your favourite Water Pokemon? Why? Have to go with teh Squirtlez..Cause it was the first starter I ever chose, albeit a water one too, and its a TURTLE! Plus I mean..its so cuuute you know? And its last evolved form (Blastoise) is just beast..Water cannons..sprouting out of its shell?Q?!?!!?!? Awesome.
  • What's your least favourite water pokemon? Why? Eurgh..That evolved seagull thing from Hoenn...Its just uglee </3. And was annoying to me..
  • How well do you like the Water Pokemon? Second or third favorite type..Along with Dragon. First is Grass..
  • Why do you or don't you like the water pokemon? Cuz they canz SWIM and st00f. Plus most of their moves rock your shells off! (see what I did there? ^_^)
  • If pokemon was real and you were a trainer, how would you train water pokemon?By having it fight and PWN electric/Grass types Of course. Stick it to the man! Err pokemon.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Vaporeon of course~! Because it is the awesomest Pokemon ever, it is so strong and looks cool.
Probably Tympole or its evolutions because they are all really ugly and are bad rip offs of Poliwag and evolutions.
I love Water type Pokemon, they are my favourite type.
I like water types because they are all really strong and almost all of them look awesome.
I would train them against other trainers in the ocean and rivers. And even on land by creating an orb of water in the air like in the movie that Manaphy stars in and using that.

Years
What's your favorite Water Pokemon? Why?
I'm partial to several: Corsola, Surskit, Starmie, and Spheal. Can't really say one is my favorite.

What's your least favorite water pokemon? Why?
Psyduck, maybe? I dunno.

How well do you like the Water Pokemon? Why do you or don't you like the water pokemon?
I like them pretty well. They're surprisingly diverse for how many there are and lots of them have fun designs, but some (like Psyduck) just don't look all that great.

I'd want to live near some body of water because I'd want them to have access to it or to live in it if they were totally aquatic. Then they could whatever they wanted and train themselves and I wouldn't have to. :D

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Feraligatr, since it's reliable, strong and it's design is cool.

Feebas, since it was sooo hard to find in the third Gen!

Well, they are my favourite.

Variety of moves, especially Ice/Ground, etc, decent stats, movepool.

Heaps of Swimming and battling!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
What's your favorite Water Pokemon? Why?

Tough one, I'd have to say Starmie is my favourite. Had one in Soul Silver.

What's your least favorite water pokemon? Why?

Palpitoad, don't really hate it....but it looks a bit odd.

A lot, I'll usually have one on my team. Surf is a great HM to have too. Three out of the five gens I've picked a water starter first. (Squirtle, Piplup and Oshawott)

They can learn surf which is very helpful, plus they learn many strong moves and overall are quite handy to have on a team.

Bring them swimming and go diving with them. I'm usually nervous in water but I think I'd feel safer with a water pokemon to hold on to.

Years

Vaporeon, Suicune, Golduck, Dewgong, Ducklett, Samurott, Tirtouga, Kabutops

There are actually way more but I'm mentioning those due to looks, or if I've used them before and they've been a strong part of my team

Honourable mention: Poliwhirl, Kingler, Seaking, Lanturn, Sharpedo, Floatzel, Empoleon, Wartortle, Totodile

Never been overly fond of: Slowpoke, Shellder, Tentacool, Wooper, Surskit, Wingull, Wailmer, Walrein, Huntail, Gastrodon, Lombre, Panpour (not hugely keen on monkeys), never been keen on Mudkip's line at all, and finally Jellicent cause I'm slightly afraid of jellyfish lol.

Pretty well enough, I'd say for every game I play I'd use at least one water type pokémon.

I like them because there's a large variety to choose from and they look pretty cool for the most part. They're also extremely useful for things such as Surf. I don't like them cause a lot remind me of things I'm afraid of lol, like jellyfish and piranhas, and also you pretty much have to rely on them and them alone to take out fire types (cause I don't often use ground/rock pokémon).

I'd take them down to the sea or nearby lakes and train them there, but I wouldn't rely on it, for example most of the ones I like can walk around on land rather than relying on water, so I would walk around with them and train them normally, and if we happened to come across a large area of water, so much the better!

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
-I think either Blastoise or Swampert, but there are too many to choose from so there is probably more than these two.

-Hmm.. probably Slowpoke, just never really liked it.

-They are my favourite type, along with Electric :)

-Dunno, they are just interesting and cool I guess.

If pokemon was real and you were a trainer, how would you train water pokemon
-Near the sea? I don't know :p

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
Milotic
It is the hardest to obtain. I always want challenge
Tentacool. They keep on appearing!

Just right.

I like water types because I like a lot of water type pokemon, and because they're really useful in the games.

We'll use bubblebeam together... After I finish brushing in my case.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
Years
My favorite Water type is Cloyster -- second favorite overall.
Least favorite is Palpitoad. That thing is a poor attempt at recreating Jigglypuff. IT UGLY!
Water ain't my favorite type, not least favorite, about in the middle.
Now that last question is different. I'd probably just hang at the pool or beach, or go dive into a coral reef. Now THAT would be pretty sweet.

Kamikl

Elite 4
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
Feraligatr/Bibarel. My favourite Pokemon.
The rest of them. They're not pro at using HMs, well except swampert but he... just doesn't have that oomph to him.
Not the best Pokemon type, although it has it's ups and downs, like every other type.
They're mostly used for Pokedex entries for me. I'm not really a fan.
Let them swim. Then come a few hours later.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Kingler, such an awesome pokemon and super strong.

Luvdisc really annoys me. I just hate its design.

I'm really not a huge fan of them. I prefer fire/psychic/electric over water.

There are always so many, I guess I tend to like what other people dont? Water just isnt very interesting to me, I like fire for example. Maybe it's the color red? I only played pokemon red version lol.

Like ash does lol. Water guns to hit cans and a lot of swimming.

Years
I love Water types, but my all-time favourite is Golduck.

What's your least favourite Water Pokemon? Why?
Kingler, don't like it's appearance.

They make great HM slaves (especially Bibarel). I teach all my Water-types Surf.

Why do you or don't you like the Water Pokemon?
Water Pokemon are cool! There's nothing I particularly don't like.

If Pokemon was real and you were a Trainer, how would you train Water Pokemon?
I'd make them fill a swimming pool for me and train them... in the water.

AustInsane

Breeder
Years
Squritle is my favorite pokemon, but there are so many good waters.

Tentacool annoying as poo. Just let me surf through here dawg dont gotta poison all my pokes.

Favorite flavorite

Versatile. Cool. Blue

Water guns all day. Water gun til you pass out. Practice beating up charmanders.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I had to think about this one, I generally I have a handful of favorite Water types, and Pokemon has a vast amount of Water Pokemon. But I would have to say Frillish. I started liking it on my 3rd playthrough through BW. It has been very kind to me, being able to tank hits and cripple threats. Though I like the female Frillish more then the male one.

Again, such a vast amount of Water Pokemon kept me thinking, though I would have to say Surskit. As much as I love it's evolution, Masquerain, Surskit is such a bother to find and train. It can't really touch anything with it's low BP Bubble so it's really a handful to train. Sure if you breed it it can get STAB Hydro Pump, but it's more of a hassle.

I always have one whether it's In-Game for Surfing or Competitive for FWG core.

The Water Type is pretty odd, for some Pokemon it's a gift like Lanturn and Rotom-W, but for others it's a a downfall like Luvdisc and Co.

First off they would be very helpful around the house for cleaning and washing, afterwards I can threat them to a warm/cold bath and let them be there for a while. I would also train them so they can be able to produce water in heat and train them in forests for a upper hand against Grass Types.

Back