• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

See here.. I have arrived~

Years
  • The name's Meph, how do ya do? I'm a 16 year old manly man (pfft) and I'm a social kinda guy.

I've played and beaten at least one game from every generation, so I know a pretty hefty sum about the basics and some more.

Looking to learn more about EV's and shtuff that make these games a crazy math problem.

Also meaningless conversations are my strong point, so get at me :P

Hope to have a good time here lul~

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Mephreyu, welcome to PC!

I am ShinyUmbreon189, and the most active Umbreon user on PC. I've played every generation too but never beat B/W yet. I know lot's about EV training so If you wanna know about it just VM or PM and I'll let you know about it. Theres Pokemon clubs you can join. You like music? Try the cluture & media section, or you can just talk Pokemon in general.

I hope you have fun and stay active on this site, remember to read the rules and be friendly to everyone. If you like, you can send me a friend request.

Years
  • The name's Meph, how do ya do? I'm a 16 year old manly man (pfft) and I'm a social kinda guy.

I've played and beaten at least one game from every generation, so I know a pretty hefty sum about the basics and some more.

Looking to learn more about EV's and shtuff that make these games a crazy math problem.

Also meaningless conversations are my strong point, so get at me :P

Hope to have a good time here lul~

Hello Mephreyu. How's your time at PC so far?

Even though you joined back in June, you are still considered new. But don't worry, we were all new members at some point.

PC is such a fun place to hang out, we have a friendly, active community who all have one thing in common - we all love Pokemon. I have been a fan since I was 7, and even though I've just hit my 20's, I am not giving up on Pokemon anytime soon.

A nice place to start shall be the PC Adoption Center, where a friendly mentor is waiting to take you on a tour of a section of your choice. Just fill a simple application form and you shall be learning about PC in no time.

Well, have an awesome time here and feel free to contact me, alright?

- Hikari10

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    I envy those who understand EVs and IVs and EV training -__- I used to just capture cool pokemon and make them 10 levels higher to win. I am by no means a competitor lawl xD

Siigari

NU Addict
    Years
  • I envy those who understand EVs and IVs and EV training -__- I used to just capture cool pokemon and make them 10 levels higher to win. I am by no means a competitor lawl xD

EVs are actually quite simple :D

Every Pokemon you encounter in a regular battle offers all Pokes a certain amount of "effort values" when you down them. For example a wild Magikarp encounter offers 1 Speed EV to every Poke that was in the fight.

EVs show up on Pokes in 1, 2 and 3 values which is generally correlated to the evolution position of the Poke. For example, Abra gives 1 Sp.Atk EV, Kadabra gives 2, and Alakazam gives 3.

Now comes for a more confusing part. Keep up! For every 4 EVs you get in one stat you gain ONE stat point. So that means 4 HP EVs = 1 extra HP. Now, keep listening, we're almost done. The most EVs you should ever get in any stat are 252. That means you can get 63 extra stats in one area (252/4=63), then you can get 64 more in other areas. This is because the maximum number of total EVs any Poke can get are 510, but 508 is the maximum countable number (508/4=127) So that means you can have 63 extra stat points in 2 areas and then 1 extra stat point somewhere else.

What does this all mean? It's easy! Get out a counter and go fight the same Pokemon over and over again. Going with the earlier example, say with Magikarp, once you've fought 252 Magikarp with one Poke, you'll have gained 63 Speed stats! Neat, huh?

Sometimes people divide them up though, you don't have to just max two areas. But on sweepers (big damage dealers) and what not, people like 252 EVs in one stat like Atk or Sp.Atk. :D

Finally, it's important to note these only apply themselves basically when you level up. The EVs apply themselves on each level-up, which is why you sometimes see +6 to a single stat when you have been battling a lot of the same Pokemon in the wild. I know you've seen that before! At level 100 it works a little differently, but you get the basic idea. (:

Also, hello to the OP, and welcome o/

Years
  • Welcome to PC, Meph! Great to see you here. :D

It's awesome that you've played a game from each generation; always fun to see how Pokemon has changed over the years. n_n I've played each one myself, so we're similar when it comes to that haha. Do you have a favorite Pokemon game, by the way?

As for IVs/EVs, it took me a loooong while to understand those. I think I only started learning about them around the time Platinum came out! You'll understand it all in no time. All you need is a bit of researching. :D

But yeah, it's wonderful meeting you, so I hope you can stick around with us~! I'd love to be one of your first friends, if you like. n_n Enjoy your stay and feel free to contact me if there's ever anything you need help with! Make sure to give our official forum rules a read (if you haven't already) before posting and you'll be good to go, as well~

Back