• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Shining Waters and Hazing Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
I'm loving this! For the water starters that haven't been named yet, how about Lizardew for the middle one and Krakoral/Kracoral for the last one? Like, Lizard + Dew and Kraken + Coral.

Your tiles (especially the water animations) are amazing, and the story is pretty nice too. Good luck with everything!

For now, I'll go with Zardew cause I don't usually stick 2 words together without any change and it sounds a bit different that way lol. I think I wanna decide the fully evolved starter names on my own :P

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
female_protagonist_by_pokemonswhf-d7wi8ku.png

Just finished the female protagonist OW sprites :]

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2020
never was a big fan of fake pokemon but those one look pretty good good luck cant wait to see more

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
So, it's been a while since I posted here (because of irl things and whatnot) and the current situation of this hack is a bit difficult, as I haven't really been able to contact team members for multiple reasons. That also means I can't edit the first post cause Papayaperson also doesn't seem to respond either, not sure why. This is what's worrying me a bit.
Again, the hack is not cancelled, just slow progress as always.

Anyways, might as well show something, here's a relatively old map that I revamped over time:
Spoiler:

I'll probably make some NPC OWs soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
This hack gonna be done soon its been a year almost!

Sorry, but no. Let me explain the situation yet again.
There are (right now) 2 people working on this. Me and Nix, who is inserting music. Meaning that it's impossible for me to make progress with anything other than graphics, since I'm busy with other, more important things and I simply don't have the time to learn scripting.
It's sad that nobody else wants to help, and that Papayaperson most likely won't come back to this project either. So I'm thinking about making a new thread in the near future, because I can't edit the main post. To everyone who followed the hack so far, thanks. I will see what I can do about creating a new thread etc., as soon as I have less exams and other important stuff to do.

Just try to be patient guys, even if Half Life 3 might come out before this hack kappa

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Alright, the new thread is submitted and I'm waiting for approval. Will edit this message with a link once it's going public, so that you can all go over there :)

Years
I'm locking this thread for the due to its new ownership under reshilegend. Please refer to this thread to see more from this hack under its new owner!

papayaperson, if for some reason in the future you decide you want this threat re-opened, please just PM or VM myself or one of the other ROM Hacking moderators!

Locked! :furretlock:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back