• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Region of Orre (M) [IC]

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I scowl at the mans comment and this really bugs me, although I'm not too sure why. He's smart though, as I was pretty sure to try and conceal what I did because in all honesty I hate being the hero. I hate this town.

"Yeah something like that. I'm just gonna disappear back north. I got work to do up there so I have to go now," I say inocently. I hop on skarmory and pet it's head slightly which he acknowledges and slightly lean back with my arms behind my head, my legs wrapeed around skarmory preventing me from falling.

"What about you, I don't doubt the media will be here shortly to interview witnesses, and to be honest you're not really the sociable type." I smirk because I can tell this irritates him, but I enjoy it in some ways because to me he seems 'vulnerable.'

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
Loryn bent over to pick up Vaporeon after she toppled to the ground again. "Stop annoying that Charmeleon," she scolded, but her voice wasn't harsh. It had more of a joking tone to it, one that made Vaporeon laugh along. Arcanine continued to look around curiously, making completely sure that any danger was gone now. Loryn turned her attention back to Seth and the Demon-Slayer, and listened in as their conversation grew louder.

It seemed the other man would be leaving for 'business'. She smirked slightly. Sorry, Mr. Demon-Slayer, but I dont' see you as the business man type. Of course she was curious as to what he would be doing, but there was no way she'd follow him. She didn't want to risk her life witnessing another ghost attack.

Years
"Oh, now you just hurt my feelings." Seth spoke to Yuki who mounted his Skarmory, getting ready to take off. "I'm as social as they come." He added jokingly, before getting a more serious, yet still remarkably relaxed tone. "I'll probably head home sometime here today, it's been awhile. Should be having a tournament at the Pyrite Colosium, too." He gave his reply. "Don't suppose you participate in any 'real' battles now do ya?" He continued to Yuki, but glanced at Loryn and Maya, interested in their replies as well. Charmeleon stood in the background with his arms crossed yet again over his chest. He snorted his quick, quiet laugh as Vaporeon was again apprehended into her trainers arms. Hearing his own trainer mention the Pyrite Colosium peeked his attention, as he participated there many times, and has gotten quite the reputation.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
"Ah. Speaking of that.. are you all participating?" Maya, whom found the need to speak, remarked, piqued by Seth's mention of the grand, festive tournament, held at the heart of the pleasantly lulled municipality of 'Pyrite.' Her expression reflected that of a pleasant countenance, as a flagrant gesture of her amusement. She was quite pleased to entertain a topic of her liking; that being, the aforementioned competition rendezvous.

"You see.. the tournaments, the contests, is one of the reasons of my being here, other than being invited." Maya disclosed, although with much intent to.

"It would be amazing, if we ever fought in a match there, wouldn't it?"

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
I sigh because I know my fondness for battling is something I can't deny, but I did not come here for the tournament. However the idea did peak my interests, and I got rather curious about what exactly the tournament was about. I hop of skarmory as if to say
'Alright then, tell me about it," but I don't think he gets it. I pull of a quizical epression and say, "What are the rules and requirements for this tournament, this has actually peaked my interests." I don't know why, but I guess now I've decided to stay. I know that the priests aren't going to be too happy, but they will understand, and my research can wait, no point not having fun. I lean back against skarmory who again doesn't disagree, and rummage through my pocket and pull out a thin packet. I tear it open and it reveals some small chocolates which I quickly pour into my mouth and swallow, because I am so hungry.

"Oh, and is that why everyone's in this pit hole in the first place, you know, the tournament?"

It would be quite awkward if some people actually lived here, but to be honest I didn't really care, they can think whatever they want about me, it's not like I'll be here much longer.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
Loryn looked over at Seth as he questioned everyone about the tournament at the Pyrite Colosseum. She frowned, and tightened her grip on Vaporeon, who was struggling in her arms. "I-uh-I didn't know that any tournament was coming up," she said, finally dropping Vaporeon, who was glad to be free. She trotted circles around Arcanine's paws. "I'm not really much of a battler though," Loryn continued, "But I might enter if all of you do. Besides, watching battles gives me ideas for my Pokemon Shows."

She glanced at Maya, who mentioned something about contests. "I think maybe contests would be more my style, but I'd also like to give the tournament a try." She looked back at the group with a grin.

Years
"Ah-ha, hit a soft spot for you two, eh?" Seth commented to both Yuki and Maya, who instantly became intrigued by his mentioning of the Pokemon Battle Competition. After hearing all of there replys he decided to answer in order. First to Maya, "Of course I'll be participating...seems like everyone else will, too. So your not originally from Orre, huh?" He added a question of his own, being she stated she was invited to participate in the tournament. "It would truly be something, battling against an outsider like you. Let us hope you make it to the finals, eh?" He joked looking over to Yuki.

Seth smirked at the man. "I take it your not from here either? Well, the tournament itself is held in Pyrite Town...that's quite a bit ways West of here, if you got a map it shouldn't be hard to find." He paused. "I believe it starts two days from now, and for rules. The Pyrite Colosseum generally holds traditional one on one battles of three Pokemon per Trainer, until the final match, in which they switch it to a two on two with a four Pokemon." Seth thought a moment. "There's a challenger fee of $500, to enter." He glaced over everyone after saying this. "So hopefully you all got some kind of savings." He laughed a little to himself. "Of course the winner takes the pot, as well as a prize that's different each time."

Lastly Seth examined Loryn, who had an unsure look across her face after announcing that she didn't really battle much. "In your case, I'm not too sure about visiting Pyrite. The Town's pretty much battle central. Literally, in the center of town there's a place called Dual Square, and it's almost impossible to get by without challenging at least one person..." He trailed off then gave an obvious false look of compassion. "But don't worry, if your still interested I'll protect you, haha."

"So yeah, that pretty much sums it up." Seth spoke to the entire group. "Who's still interested?" He questioned shooting a glance to Maya. "Being that's why your here, I assume your prepared." He stated smugly. By this time Chameleon made his way to be standing next to his Trainer again, witht he same evil toothy grin that was spread across Seth's own face.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Seth explained Pyrite town in good detail and I listen inventively, as I am very intrigued. Obviously he doesn't believe that I could get into the finals, but what bugged me is when he said 'You're obviously not from around here.' I felt like screaming, 'I'm from another universe!' But I don't, because that's private information I would prefer not to be spread. Instead I blurt out,

"Yes, you've got me intrigued, and as for not being around here, yes I'm not local." I try to picture myself at my home in Pyrite town... WAIT?! Pyrite town? That's my home town, I'm an idiot not to notice before. Well it's true I live on the outskirts, but I barely ever see trainers gater, never mind news of the tournament.

"Wait you said Pyrite town right? I live there!"

I honestly don't know why I told them, maybe for a little bit more respect, who knows, I just wanted to say something. Take the lime light for once. I don't exactly fancy them coming to my house, so I fail to mention whereabouts I live, and decide that enough has been said already. I remember that I don't even know these people, yet it feels like I have known Seth for a long time... Actually he reminds me of Justin in some ways, slightly annoying at times yet very clever, and perhaps a bit of attitude, although I know he hasn't really got much else like him. I hop on Skarmory impatiently, and excited and await to find out any more details.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Zephyr "Rider" Blitz

I stumbled out of the inn. Since my 'draw' with Seth, I had downed a few more of the 'daily specials' and was feeling a little bit more than buzzed. I saw Seth talking to a couple other people, and heard mention of that Battle Tournament that I had told Seth about...Or at least I think I told him about it...Eh. Either way, I was going to participate, and I was going to win. No doubt about it. My pokemon are strong, I'm strong, and I believe in them. That's all that matters. "SETH! SETH!" I ran up to him yelling. "SETH! ARE YOU TELLING THEM ABOUT THE TOURNAMENT?" I don't know why I was yelling. They were five feet away from me. That damned alcohol was getting to me. "Ahem....Pardon me." I managed to sober up a bit using sheer willpower. "Are you telling them about the tournament?" I looked at the two other people. One had a...strange look to them. Other-wordly....Nahhh. That's just rediculous. One can't be from another world!

Years
"Haha, pretty observant there, Fuzz." Seth replied to Yuki, a little conflicted on the man's reply. "Indeed, I said Pyrite Town, which just so happens to be my hometown as well. Odd I don't really recognize you." He took a closer look at the man and shoke his head. "Nope, definately not. You don't get out much do, ya?" Seth pestered, but then heard the familiar voice of Zephyr booming from behind. He turned and seen his friend approach. 'Hmm, good thing I cut myself off early last night...can't imagine the hangover he'll be getting. Haha.' Seth nodded, "Yep sure am, looks like we might actually have some compition this time, too. All of 'em are going to sign up." Seth looked to Loryn. "At least I think they all are. Still stinging from that defeat last night? Haha, not holding back at the tournament, ya know?" Seth melded his comments together. Before turning to Yuki who got onto his steel bird Pokemon, once more. "Looking forward to your entering. Seems like your heading out, so I'll catch you at the Tournament, Fuzz." Seth added, "Don't get lost on your way home now."

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
It seemed like everyone was going to try out the tournament, so Loryn decided that she at least had to try. "I'm in," she sighed at last, a smirk lighting up her face as Seth offered to "protect" her. "I'm flattered by the offer, but I'm sure I can fend for myself." She flipped her hair and flexed jokingly. "I mean, I'm pretty intimidating, don't you think?" She didn't know why she was being so open towards Seth. I mean, he's a cocky kid who thinks he knows everything. Didn't Mama tell you to stay away from boys like that?

Loryn quickly swallowed the lump in her throat that appeared whenever she thought of her mother. Another man was approaching, and she had to look up to see his face. The man was yelling at Seth, obviously drunk. "Please come sober to the tournament," she muttered under her breath, looking away.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
"Yup. You are absolutely right. I'm from the 'Sinnoh' region! I was formerly a top 'Pokemon' coordinator, although I'm not that well known. Haha." Maya affirmed gleefully, assenting to Seth's friendly inquiry. Truth be told, her expression showed a rather relaxed nature of her multifaceted temperament; the succession of phrases that eluded her tender lips was a clear reflection of her poise.

"Oh. I think I've neglected to tell you my name. I'm Maya. It's nice to meet you." She then remarked, her gaze intently towards Loryn, whom she extended her hand to.

"Hello, person." Maya greeted, reverting her jolly glance towards Zephyr, and Loryn, once again.

Last edited:
Years
"Terrifying," Seth stated sarcastically flat to Loryn who flexed, jokingly. "But still glad to hear it, going to be a nice turn out." He added, then glanced to Maya who introduced herself, reaching a hand to Loryn. "Hmm, 'bout time. I was starting to believe you didn't have a name. Reguardless, I suppose it's good to meet you, too." He spoke casually, being that it seemed she as well was starting to lighten up, maybe just a bit. "Sinnoh, huh? Yeah, way to many legends there..." Seth added, "Sad you didn't become one yourself, Miss Top Coordinator, like me. Gotta say though the fame really does get to you...Of course you know all about that." His voice struck with more sarcasm. He then looked to Zephyr and smirked. "Can't make any promises, eh?" He asked refering to Loryn's statement about showing up to the Tournament sober.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
"You seem to be full of yourself, huh? Granted, it isn't a bad thing.. occasionally." Maya remarked whimsically. Truth be told, she couldn't restrain her laughter much longer.

"Fame isn't particularly something I want, granted my horrible experiences of it. I'd rather stick to my 'one- hit wonder' status."

"Onto something else, are you two already acquainted?" Maya asked Seth, as well as Zephyr. It seemed from the way he addressed Seth that they were familiar with one another.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
"I'm Loryn," she said, smiling and taking Maya's hand. "Glad I'm finally learning some of your names." Seth began boasting about his fame, and Loryn rolled her eyes. Now he was just getting annoying. What did they care about his stardom? Trainers from the streets unknown to the public eye could probably beat him with ease! He's nothing special. The thought hung darkly in her mind.

Loryn's head turned to look the drunken man up and down after Seth addressed her snide remark. "Ah well. He'll just be easier to beat intoxicated." She flashed a grin at Drunken Man. It may or may not have been the best idea, considering the powerful look he held, but perhaps it was just to intimidate opponents. He could just be a cuddly little Teddiursa on the inside.

A cuddly little booze-guzzling Teddiursa that owned strong, frightening Pokemon. Right.

Years
Seth lifted a brow, as Loryn announced that she was glad to finally learn some of they're names. "Hey now, just gunna ignore me? I introduced myself in the Inn to everyone." He paused looking to Yuki. "Well almost everybody..." He stopped there, his name was already announced by Zephyr. Focusing on Maya, Seth nodded. "Mmhmm, sure am, and for good reason, I'm sure you'll find out first hand." He shot a glance across the whole group. "You all shall witness the sh** you got yourselves into by accepting the Challenge. I can't wait until it's official." He spoke deviously. Then changed subject instantly to ansewer Maya's question. "Indeed, Rider and I have know eachother for quite awhile now. Pretty sure it was, wait what was it? Four or Five Tournaments ago? I recall a semi-finals match at the Colosseum we're heading to now." He replied in question form to Zephyr to get confromation.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Zephyr "Rider" Blitz

It was all I could do, not to laugh. These people were questioning my right to be sober. It seemed like everything was moving fast, but I finally managed to comprehend what was going on. "Come sober to the tournament you say?" I looked to Seth and gave him a mighty slap on the back. "You're damn right I make no promises!" I gave a winning smile to the gathered people. "Now you listen here, Seth and I are considered legends around here ourselves. I'm the roughest, toughest outlaw in all of Orre, and Seth here snatches pokemon....On public television." I let out a hearty guffaw. "The name's Zephyr, but like Seth here says, you can call me Rider." I looked to the Loryn girl. "Believe it or not, young lady, but I'm a better fighter when I'm drunk!" I laughed even louder. It was hard not to! They were questioning my skill. "And I recall six tournaments ago, my friend. It was the semi-finals indeed. I remember one Seth pouting about losing." I gave my little buddy a wink amd slapped my hand down on his shoulder. "I recall being the champion of THAT tournament." I gave them all a winning smile yet again and flashed a thumbs-up.

Years
"That's right, ancient history, no wonder I couldn't remember." Seth joined in the laughing but only temporarily. He then glared at Zephyr, "Thanks for that...nice emphasis on THAT, you recall what happened the tournament after, right? Cause I don't." Seth chuckled alittle to himself knowing that his revenge was sweet. He noted the irritated expression on Loryn's face. 'Hmm, maybe it wouldn't hurt to lighten up a tad bit...as if' Seth thought to himself a moment. Before looking to the others. Knowing that Yuki lived in Pyrite and should find it without trouble, and Rider had been there many times as well. That left the two girls. "So...either of you two been to Pyrite? Or more so can you find your way there by yourselves? Or could I offer ya a ride?" He asked moving the conversation along, even though there was no great rush, being the Tournament was still aways away.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2017
Loryn listened as this Zephyr, or Rider, or whatever his name was argue back and forth with Seth. Seemed like the two really do know each other, and both were sore losers when they lost to each other. Rider mentioned he fought better when drunk, and Loryn burst out laughing. It was challenging not to do so, considering he also laughed after every sentence. "We'll see about that," she said, the grin slowly fading from her face. I've never even had a drink before, she realized, and slowly crossed her arms in embarrassment. Obviously nobody else knew, considering she had thought it, but there was always that chance that Seth's goggles could read minds too.

Loryn glanced at said boy when he asked her and Maya if they knew how to get to Pyrite. "I've only been there once. I'm not very farmilliar with maps, considering I'm pretty much a wanderer." she grinned sheepishly.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
He called me Fuzz. Not quite sure why and what it meant, but either way it was slightly annoying. It's true that Pyrite is relatively small so he has rights to be curious about not seeing me there. Actually I hardly get out unless I'm on the job. And actually, I haven't ever seen Seth before. I finally understand why he's here tough, because te law's a bit harsher back there due to all the guards due to the tournament... In the end everything adds up. "Don't get lost on the way home." e really does like to try and make people feel awkward. Skarmory flaps his wings a few times before I'm up in the air, just slightly hovering for a few seconds, then a sudden tug, as if gravity has disappeared for half a second, ten I'm flying away. Pyrite town is west if I'm correct. I head in the direction and soon I find myself landing at my front door. I return skarmory for a second while I enter the house, then release all my pokémon once I'm in the house. After that, I retrieve the saddle from Skarmory and settle down on the sofa for a nap. I decide on my plan of action, 1- check on the priests, 2- sign in 3- sleep 4- wake up and go to the tournament. In all honesty I wasn't certain if it was tomorrow or the next, but upon arriving into town I did notice the few festivities around my area, including a few parties in houses, which I probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't know the event. I guess I better at least try to have fun.

Back