• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Region of Orre (M) [IC]

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn opened her mouth, about to ask what was so bad about the Inn here, but shut it quickly. There were so many thugs around town that the answer was pretty obvious. "Yeah, I guess you're right. What were you thinking of doing?" she sighed, glancing over her shoulder when Seth mentioned rooming with someone. At the registration desk, an exhausted looking Maya was just finishing up her paperwork. Loryn stifled a yawn, suddenly realizing how tired she was herself. Just gotta stay awake a little bit longer. Seems like Seth already has somewhere in mind to sleep. she mentally cheered on herself and Maya, as if she could hear her thoughts.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I once again sit up and groan. I hear a knock on the door but ignore it, presuming it's a group of advertisers. After a minute I realize my headaches gone, and next to me Gallade is fast asleep. Most of the other pokémon are awake except for lucario, who tends to take long naps. I get to my feet and wake gallade and lucario up. Lucario gets up almost imediately, but gallade takes a bit of work. After everyone is up I lead everyobne outside. I look into the distance and see the sun just above the horizon, indicating that it's just about 7 or 8 o clock. My street is empty now, presumably they are watching the carnival go about in the central, and if not they're more likely on the north side of town visiting the poorer areas of town, the place with the high crime rate. Where I live is a bit distant from there, so the crime rate is drastically lower, but it's quite costly. However my job seems to take care of that. I don't take my coat because the warm air soothes my skin. I decide to take a walk down to the market area - another place high in crime but a good place to shop. All my pokémon are following me, admiring things as we pass. It's not often I take them all for big walks because of the usually busy streets, so they seem to enjoy the most of it by chatting to each other in their own strange language and admiring shop windows.

The market is a good half our walk, and sometimes I regret living so far away. Perhaps tats why Seth has never seen me, or perhaps I'm just a recluse, or both. As I skip between stalls I pick up fresh fruit and often a little treat that my pokémon have picked up. I feel like a dad with these lot, paying for things they've touched without asking, buying them gifts, scolding them for making trouble. I honestly don't know what I'd do without them. As I'm up to the stall closest to the huge dome I notice several tourney related items. I guess they're preparing for fan services and bets on who will win, but I notice Seth is in among the several other famous trainer key rings. He does like to leave an impression, however this makes me quite uneasy as to whether winning is a good idea. Perhaps if I just win once and then don't join again this won't be what becomes of my identity, but in all honesty I don't care too much. At the end of the day everyone will forget me and this will probably not change much, my future career is definitely not effected by this.

After our trip to the market I decide to stop by at the café near here. It's a place that welcomes pokémon in and server food suitable for them. I enter the café and the place is slightly empty, there's about 4 tables filled with busy people chatting about there day, and one table with two people and two pokémon. Luckily for me ampharos is just under the height limit, and skarmory just fits through the single door, although there is a double door further down I could have used. I sit on a table and gallade collects everyone's orders before pointing simultaneously at the orders everyone wanted. He's got a good memory. We all sit down with a drink and I discuss the plan of action for the battles.

(ooc - up for interaction if ya wanna go to the cafe)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Zephyr "Rider" Blitz

I had brushed off the cold shoulder I recieved from Seth and Loryn last night, and was busy throwing up the alcohol I had consumed last night. WHY DID I DRINK ON A TOURNAMENT NIGHT?! You see, I'm never one to drink...On a tournament night. I always start things with unsavory figures, say things I wouldn't want to say, and when I was on the job, did things that left my...quarry messy. I finally finished with my hang-over, and stumbled on over to the arena. "God damn alcohol...So sweet yet so intoxicating." Don't get me wrong! I love drinking! I just don't love hang-overs. I felt much better when I entered the arena to find dim light. It was always good to have dim light when experiencing a hang-over. I payed the entry fee and finished the paperwork: A tedious task I've been doing for years. After I finished, I went to the bar. Not for a drink this time. To have a bite to eat and a comfortable booth seat. I ordered a mug of coffee, and some Tauros sausage, biscuits, and Miltank milk. There was nothing I loved more than coffee with Miltank milk, added to sausage and biscuits! I chowed down as the food was brought to me, leaving all regards for social appearance in the wind.

Years
  • Seth watched Zephyr fill out his paperwork and press pass them without a word, maybe he just failed to notice them. Lifting a brow, as Loryn asked what he was thinking of doing. "Well. I was probably going to head home." He spoke sarcasim once again hinting in his voice. He knew she probably was inquiring about a suggested place for her to sleep. With the combination of Loryn yawning and Maya's expression, Seth too was getting slightly worn-out. It was a surprise to him being he really wasn't awake that long today, and usually was up until ungoddly hours of the morning. Seth shoke the urge to yawn as well. "Hmm..." He muttered as if to say something, but surprisingly didn't. "Either of you drink coffee?" He changed the subject loud enough to catch Maya's attention. 'Second thought, I wonder if Maya will be staying at the Inn reguardless?...She did say she's been here before.' "Because the Cafe down the road here, brews a decent cup." Seth suggested, thinking that all three needed some kind of pick me up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn narrowed her eyes at Seth's sarcastic reply. Duh, I forgot that he lives here. Well great for him, but what are Maya and I suppose to do? "I guess I'll just try my luck at the Inn then...Perhaps Maya will too," she muttered, then poked Seth in the stomach accusingly. "But if either of us die, the blame's on you." Being tired was making Loryn cranky and she knew it, but it felt good to give Seth a taste of his own medicine once in a while.

Getting coffee at a nearby cafe was mentioned, and Loryn's face instantly lit up. "I love coffee!" she tried to keep the squeal out of her voice, but it had just been so long since she'd had a good cup. "But-" she paused her sudden burst of happiness, "-we can walk there, right?"

Years
  • "Haha, well hopfully that doesn't happen...I was gunna suggest my place. However if you want to risk it at the Inn, that's fine by me, too." He replied brushing his abs after being poked by Loryn. Seth smiled as Loryn's face brightend at his mentioning of coffee. "Yeah, it's in walking distance." Seth added moving out of the Colosseum then pointed indicating down the main street to a small little building with a visable coffee cup on the front, past the festival stands. "That's it." He informed, procrastinating so that Loryn and Maya would both see, should Maya decided to tag along.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn leaned out to look down at the little cafe. Good thing it's close. I wouldn't wanna get on that bike again. she thought, snickering inwardly. Seth had suggested that they stay at his place, and she gave him a questioning look. "Really? Well, I suppose if Maya wants to, then I'll come too," she said, her gaze turning to said girl. She wasn't very comfortable going to Seth's place alone - who knows what he'd try - so she hoped Maya would agree. Going to the Inn wasn't exactly her top choice either, but there weren't many options.

Shaking her head to clear her scattered mind, Loryn stepped out of the Colosseum into the rocky street. "Well, we should get going right?" she grinned back over her shoulder at Seth and Maya. Maybe she was being impatient, but she didn't care. She wanted her coffee!

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Maya assented to Loryn's request, "Yup; I completely, and wholeheartedly agree. I'd like some caffeine to completely wake me up right about now. Haha." Truth be told, Maya was hardly awake, her somber hazel eyes began to groggily fasten its thin lids; she was quite somnolent. Of course, their rather prolonged venture had entirely drained her of her former vivacity and vibrant liveliness. Oh, how Maya longed for a considerably lengthy respite, coupled with a pleasantly palatial bedchamber, of course. That is, if the supposed tavern was as grand, as sumptuous, and as ravishing as they had spoke of; granted, Maya didn't particularly feel a vehement concern of its quality and service; sweet, sweet calm, was the sole thing she wished for.

Years
  • The two women agreed to Seth's offer, and thus he began to lead the way. The trek to the Cafe was rather short, it would have been slightly less time consuming if Seth hadn't stopped at one of the Colosseum's Festival stands, but as he passed by one selling Electronic 3-D Posters he couldn't help but notice one of himself, and frankly he liked the way it captured his character. Seth pulled off to the side, over to the younger man who was selling said posters, and indicated to the one of he. It was rather expensive, but Seth didn't mind paying the price of $175. The sales man happily took out a copy of the Poster that had been rolled up as to be convinently carried.

On the poster itself it showed Seth with his left arm extended holding a Masterball surrounded by an immitation of the multiple colors that the Snag Machine had created when in use. The background was a mixure of dark blueish-purple and black flames. Seth laughed to himself and nodded to the sales man, continuing towards the Cafe.

Once inside the rather not so busy Coffee Shop, Seth nearly instantly took notice of Yuki who sat with his Pokemon. He pulled out a bill of $50 from his wallet which was quickly returned to his brown pouch. Handing the money over to Loryn. "Get whatever you want, you too." He looked at Maya. "Just be sure to get me a caramel frappucino, as well." With that he moved over to be standing next to the young demon slayer.

"Hey there, Fuzz, mind if I join you?" Seth questioned pulling a chair from a seprerate table to be next to him. "Of course you don't." He ansewered the question himself taking the seat. "Oh, sorry, suppose I should be calling you Ex-Fuzz...Or perhaps He Who Slays Giant Muk-Like Beasts..." He trailed off slightly. "But seriously, what was that all about? It didn't seem like a common event yet you played it off like nothing, and even went so far as departing nearly immediately following it's destruction."

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn, Maya, and Seth made their way down to the coffee shop, but not before Seth purchased a poster of himself from one of the local vendors. Loryn rolled her eyes, but couldn't help herself from glancing at the other merchandise. Various other keychains and posters littered the table that was jutting out from the interior of the stall. Girls and guys of all ages posing, some with Pokemon and some without. One particular golden keychain caught her eye: on it was a girl with spiky silver hair that was releasing a mighty looking Walrein from her pokeball. Loryn smiled slightly at the sight of one of her childhood friends on a Colosseum item. Her name was Kifer, and she had attended many shows at the Pokemon Circus when they were in her town. To think she was famous in the tournaments was amazing.

Loryn noticed Maya and Seth retreating from the stand, so she quickly followed. When they arrived in the shop, she noticed the exorcist man from earlier having a drink. She gave him a quick smile before Seth shoved a $50 in her hand, stating that he wanted a caramel frapaccino and that they should get whatever they liked. Loryn glanced at Maya. "So, what do you want? I can order for us, if you like."

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    "Just some regular coffee would do. I'm not too keen concerning the others."

Maya gazed vibrantly with amusement at the flagrant simplicity of the shoppe; truth be told, she had anticipated a more extravagant impression. Though, its fresh plainness was quite pleasing; indeed it was. In the contrary, as particular as Maya was, had longed for a much solemn, and convenient environment; but, in hindsight, this was wholly fine; despite the scarcity of vibrantly fine porcelain, delicately ravishing glass work, and a smooth, comfortable settee, it was a rather homely, unadorned, but subtly appeasing shoppe, to say the very least.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Maya replied that she would like a regular coffee, and Loryn nodded as she scanned the menu. Suddenly, her eyes fell on a particular item that she'd been craving since she heard that they would be coming here. She turned to the cashier, who was glaring at her impatiently. "Um, I'll have a carmel frappuccino, a regular coffee, and a mocha frappuccino. Extra whipped cream." she ordered with a smile, and handed over the large bill Seth had given her.
    The lady behind the counter snorted and pushed the change back at Loryn. "That'll be right out."

Loryn leaned against the counter and gazed around the shop. The last time she'd been to one of them was two years ago, with her mother...They'd always go to little cafes to get a drink after the circus before hitting the road again. Both of them would order mocha frappuccinos, but her mother hated whipped cream, so the two drinks could be easily distinguished... "Excuse me? Miss? Hello?"

Loryn jumped at the sound of the snobbish voice behind her. The cashier was holding out their coffees on a drink tray. "Oh, er, thanks!" her face lit up bright red as she took the tray and made her way to where the exorcist guy and Seth were sitting. "Here's the change, and your caramel frappe," Loryn said, setting both items on the table in front of Seth. She sat at the table next to them and motioned for Maya to sit with her, as there wasn't enough room to sit with both of the guys.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • After having a few discussions with my team several people walk into the store. Yep the people from before. Strange people. They seem to be following me everywhere. I let myself smile back at the girl who respectively remembered me, and turn back to my pokémon. The majority of the group are still finishing off their drinks so I sit back in my chair and yawn. Gallade starts catting away to lucario about something, which slightly irritates me because I'll never know what it is. Soon after I get up and my pokémon also stand up. Gallade and lucario return glasses to the counter and I return a couple of plates. Then we all follow each other in a single line. Me, Gallade, Lucario, Amparos, with leafeon on it's shoulder who appears to be napping, and then skarmory, who decides to use the double doors. I stop outside for some fresh air and reflect upon the day, wondering what tomorrow will be like. My pokémon sit on the grass or lean against the wall catting to each other pointing at people and laughing. It's rude but I used to do that so I'm okay with it. Gallade and Lucario are probably the only mature ones, and Lucario acts a bit more like me. Why are pokémon so different to humans?

Years
  • "Make way for the train, haha." Seth joked as Yuki ans his Pokemon exited the Cafe in single file. He didn't really mind the fact that he was ignored, being he knew what kind of person he was. Intollerable. He took the drink that Loryn had handed him along with the excess money. Sipping from it he turned to Maya then back to Loryn. "So, amped for tomorrow? Gunna be your first Tournament match, correct?" He questioned the girl. "I assume you've been to a few." He continued facing Maya who had just a regular coffee. "Any here in Orre, yet?" Seth added taking another sip of his iced drink. He thought of releasing Charmeleon back out, but he passed. His Pokemon would have to be well rested for the day following.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn took a long drink of her coffee, then pulled out the straw and licked the whipped cream off of it. She looked up at Seth as he began talking. "Yeah, I'm pretty excited," she said with a half-grin, "I'm not really sure what I'm doing though. Any pointers?"

Advice from the expirienced Colosseum battler would help out a lot, since Loryn was pretty clueless. Was there a strategy as to which Pokemon she should use? Was there anything she could do to further improve her chances? Her only advantage was that she knew how to use their moves extremely well due to the constant nights of training for her shows. In return, her Pokemon's moves were spot on and very accurate. But using the moves on opponents...How would they do?

Years
  • "Pointers?" Seth replied questionably, did this girl really not know anything about battling? "Well let's see..." He pondered while taking another gulp of his coffee. "For starters I guess, don't let the crowed get to ya...being a preformer, I suppose you don't have much of a problem with stage fright any way." Seth thought a moment longer before continueing. "Don't hold back, is another huge factor." He stopped a to shoot a glance to Maya as well. "If you only participated in Stadium Matches, this involves you as well. Things are different in the Colosseum. Toss remorse for your opponent aside, and give 'em all you've got, relentlessly. Because believe me, they'll be doing the same to you." He finished his reply then quickly slammed the rest of his drink. Tossing the cup across the room to a trash can, he just barely made it in.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Maya assented, "Naturally." Truth be told, it was wholly true; likewise, Maya wholeheartedly shared Seth's sentiments. In hindsight, pure effort was the sole matter she had considerable concern for. It mattered not if she had triumphed, or had fallen through; if she had truly endeavored, she was content. "Even if you lose, or win, for that matter, just remember that you've tried your hardest." It was words like those, that Maya adhered to; they were simple, and yet, they possessed such a vibrant, sentimental meaning. Maya joked, "But not before a little grieving, if you've lost though. Haha. I've had my share of losses. Tons of them, to be honest. Though I've never actually sulked over them. Weird, huh?"

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn swallowed hard. Don't feel bad for your opponent? She'd always had the tendency to feel guilty over the smallest of things, how could she just push that aside? Her eyes followed the cup that Seth shot into the garbage can. Wait a minute...

She never felt bad over anything she said to Seth. But perhaps that was because of his overall smug, cocky attitude that made her feel disgusted half the time. So basically, just imagine my opponent is some cold idiot every time, she thought, a smile creeping onto her lips. "Thanks Seth," Loryn nodded, turning to toss her cup away as well. It fell in neatly, and she twisted back around with a mischeveous glint in her eye.

Years
  • "Good quality, to not sulk over a loss. But you know what's a better one? Not losing in the first place." Seth spoke self-humor in his voice as replied to Maya. "But seriously, it's not weird at all. Rather strong willed in fact." He noticed Loryn contemplate her thoughts as she stayed silent for a few moments before berbalizing her gratitude. "No problem," Seth replied getting to his feet. "Well I think I'll be heading home, you girls decide on what your plan of action is?" He questioned taking a few steps backward towards the door. "The Inn is near the entrance to the town, next to an old shut down fortune teller shop thing." He informed if that was the choice they were going to make.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Loryn stood up as well. "I guess I'm going to try my luck at the Inn," she sighed. "I was there once before, a long time ago. If I survived once, I can do it again." She brushed past Seth out the door and onto the street. Turning her head back over her shoulder, she added, "I'll see you guys tomorrow. Good night!" With that, she began her journey down the street toward her destination.

With each step she took, Loryn felt herself get more and more nervous. Nothing's going to happen...Right? she thought, but her hand instinctively shot down to a pair of pokeballs. Oh well, just to be safe... Before she could press the buttons to release the Pokemon, a gruff voice came from behind her, sending chills down her spine.

"Hey there pretty lady, what are you doing all alone out here on this lovely night?" A big, raggity man stepped out from the shadows. He needed a bath and a haircut - badly. Loryn stepped back, her hands trembling. "I-uh-I..." she stuttered as the man drew closer. Crap crap crap crap... His hand reached out toward her...

"Breloom, Stone Edge!" Loryn shrieked, stumbling back and whipping the dual type Pokemon out. He appeared in a quick flash of white light, releasing the sharp silver stones at his trainer's request. The man yelped in both surprise and pain before scrambling back down the dark alley from which he had appeared. Loryn bent over and scooped up Breloom before taking a few hasty steps backward toward the Inn. "I-erm-I think I'd better keep you out of you pokeball for now..." she squeaked, her eyes wide.

Back