• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
  • this is gonna hurt a LOT. Gonna have to go back to find a synchronize ralts or Abra to make sure I get the right nature if I cant get a female cyndaquil or torchic to pass natures onto since I don't have a Ditto yet

I will agree with you on the Squirtle, there are a few locations I still need to change up a bit to be a realistic fit. I don't really want to do static encounters for anything but legendaries, and you can catch ditto on the route with the daycare center, plus having the ditto hold an everstone will give it a 50% chance to pass on its nature. As for the overall low encounter rate, it just seemed like the right move to me, normally you'd have to trade in between games to get other starters so it should require a bit of work IMO. Totadile I think I'm going to move from fishing to surfing since fishing for 1% pokemon is a huge pain, maybe move Squirtle to route 119, I'm always open to suggestions if you don't like the sound of those :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I will agree with you on the Squirtle, there are a few locations I still need to change up a bit to be a realistic fit. I don't really want to do static encounters for anything but legendaries, and you can catch ditto on the route with the daycare center, plus having the ditto hold an everstone will give it a 50% chance to pass on its nature. As for the overall low encounter rate, it just seemed like the right move to me, normally you'd have to trade in between games to get other starters so it should require a bit of work IMO. Totadile I think I'm going to move from fishing to surfing since fishing for 1% pokemon is a huge pain, maybe move Squirtle to route 119, I'm always open to suggestions if you don't like the sound of those :)

Hmm, well truthfully Totodile, Mudkip, and Squirtle logically have the same habitat requirements so I would think them all being on the same general area would make sense. Having all three on route 119 or perhaps split between routes 118, 119, and parts of 120 would make sense. I say this since crocodiles (actual crocodiles I mean) can traverse both saltwater and freshwater so seeing totodile on the sea route on 118 in either the grass or the water could be logical. Mudkip would like the conditions of 119, and Squirtle would like the lakeshore areas of 120.

As for any of the fire starters, I would have expected Charmander at Mt. Chimney along Jagged Pass or the Fiery Path. Cyndaquil meanwhile I believe would make more sense on the daycare center route. Torchic I believe might be fine as is.

As fr the grass starters, the idea of Treecko being in Petalburg Woods would be a nice nod to the anime, as thats where Ash got his. Bulbasaur could work anyplace in Hoenn that has enough plants to satisfy its needs, not just the woods, but I think Route 114 might work well since its near Meteor Falls and Bulbasaur's line have more in common with some prehistoric mammal like reptiles than they do with frogs and toads as their appearance would suggest making the proximity to a dragon habitat a little more logical in turn. Chikorita meanwhile might be perfect for Route 110 since its a wide open route and the exposure to the sun would be perfect for them there.

EDIT: Oh this is something I forgot to mention in my post but I'll edit it in here; if at all possible I recommend you add a few more moves as I remembered that Meditite/Medicham and some other pokemon lack th emoves to make use of their typing even taking into account the PSS in this game. Unless you added some 4th or 5th/6th gen moves into the game, pokemon such as Meditite, Absol, and others will be lacking a key move in their arsenal. Meditite with Zen Headbutt or Psycho Cutter for example, plus Absol gets Psycho Cutter too. I would suggest changing the type of a move like Secret Power to Psychic while keeping it Physical but I dunno if that ruins the vanilla feel of the game considering.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hmm, well truthfully Totodile, Mudkip, and Squirtle logically have the same habitat requirements so I would think them all being on the same general area would make sense. Having all three on route 119 or perhaps split between routes 118, 119, and parts of 120 would make sense. I say this since crocodiles (actual crocodiles I mean) can traverse both saltwater and freshwater so seeing totodile on the sea route on 118 in either the grass or the water could be logical. Mudkip would like the conditions of 119, and Squirtle would like the lakeshore areas of 120.

As for any of the fire starters, I would have expected Charmander at Mt. Chimney along Jagged Pass or the Fiery Path. Cyndaquil meanwhile I believe would make more sense on the daycare center route. Torchic I believe might be fine as is.

As fr the grass starters, the idea of Treecko being in Petalburg Woods would be a nice nod to the anime, as thats where Ash got his. Bulbasaur could work anyplace in Hoenn that has enough plants to satisfy its needs, not just the woods, but I think Route 114 might work well since its near Meteor Falls and Bulbasaur's line have more in common with some prehistoric mammal like reptiles than they do with frogs and toads as their appearance would suggest making the proximity to a dragon habitat a little more logical in turn. Chikorita meanwhile might be perfect for Route 110 since its a wide open route and the exposure to the sun would be perfect for them there.

EDIT: Oh this is something I forgot to mention in my post but I'll edit it in here; if at all possible I recommend you add a few more moves as I remembered that Meditite/Medicham and some other pokemon lack th emoves to make use of their typing even taking into account the PSS in this game. Unless you added some 4th or 5th/6th gen moves into the game, pokemon such as Meditite, Absol, and others will be lacking a key move in their arsenal. Meditite with Zen Headbutt or Psycho Cutter for example, plus Absol gets Psycho Cutter too. I would suggest changing the type of a move like Secret Power to Psychic while keeping it Physical but I dunno if that ruins the vanilla feel of the game considering.

I want the starters, like all the Pokemon in this, to be in realistic areas or at least of sufficient difficulty. Mudkip would most likely be in a muddy area and squirtle and totadile being near 119 isn't a bad idea, and I'll have to think it over. Charmander makes sense where he is to me because there are vulpix and it's on a mountain so I like the location. Cyndaquil on the daycare route does make a bit of sense as well. Treeko is a gecko so him being somewhere warm made sense to me, and bulbasaur just feels like a forest pokemon to me but arguments can be made,and I like chikorita where it's at.

As for adding in new moves, I'm actually in the process of working on adding 4th gen evos which would bring along some moves but there are limits to what I'm able to do and what I think will fit the vision of Emerald Final or not, and frankly the 4th gen evos is stretching things imo so I don't know if I'll add in much more than that. I am in no way willing to change vanilla move types save for the possibility of fairy type which I currently have no plans on implementing.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate your suggestions! :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    fair enough on the issue of Secret Power, I figured I'd bring it up. On the matter of mudkip there isn't any place actually thats muddy in Emerald as Muddy terrain didn't become a thing until Diamond and Pearl. You might have to add custom marsh tiles to make Mudkip fit in anywhere.

Years
  • Hi again! I have a question. Is there supposed to be a way to evolve Clamperl?

Taken from the README:
    367 Huntail Evolve Clamperl (Moon Stone)
    368 Gorebyss Evolve Clamperl (Water Stone)

if they aren't working for some reason, double check that you are using the latest version, I just tested the 7.34 version and they are working in there!

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • fair enough on the issue of Secret Power, I figured I'd bring it up. On the matter of mudkip there isn't any place actually thats muddy in Emerald as Muddy terrain didn't become a thing until Diamond and Pearl. You might have to add custom marsh tiles to make Mudkip fit in anywhere.

To be fair, based on the Marshtomp and Swampert pokedex entries, I think adding Mudkip to a near-coastal spot (say the thingamajingle patch on Route 115) or Route 104 even if I'm not really a fan of Torchic and Mudkip on the same route would make sense.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    Downloaded the zip file, but the only patches in the main folder are ones that either have no day/night in battle, or that have no day/night cycle at all. Is that supposed to be like that?

Years
  • Downloaded the zip file, but the only patches in the main folder are ones that either have no day/night in battle, or that have no day/night cycle at all. Is that supposed to be like that?

Yes I should have mentioned that, for some reason the full day/night in battle version crashes upon entering Fortree's Gym, once I can fix that I will include it again!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2019
    Hi! I tried to play this game on the MyBoy! Emulator but it doesn't recognize the .zip as a GBA file. I was wondering if there are any possible workarounds for this, apart from running VBA on my laptop? Unless there aren't, then can this ROM hack be made playable on MyBoy?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! I tried to play this game on the MyBoy! Emulator but it doesn't recognize the .zip as a GBA file. I was wondering if there are any possible workarounds for this, apart from running VBA on my laptop? Unless there aren't, then can this ROM hack be made playable on MyBoy?

This is only a patch, you need to obtain the ROM somewhere else and apply the patch to it.

Years
  • Hi! I tried to play this game on the MyBoy! Emulator but it doesn't recognize the .zip as a GBA file. I was wondering if there are any possible workarounds for this, apart from running VBA on my laptop? Unless there aren't, then can this ROM hack be made playable on MyBoy?

You will need to patch one of the files inside the zip into a clean Pokemon Emerald ROM (not included due to this forum's rules) you can do this either on your computer/laptop using the included "Lunar IPS" program or by using MyBoy!'s built in patching system. To do that, you will need to extract one of the included patches to the same directory the Emerald ROM is in, but they must have the same name (for example, pick the patch you want, extract it, rename it to "Pokemon - Emerald Version (U)" which is usually the filename of Emerald ROMs, or if it has a different name, you'd obviously name it that) then you long press on the Emerald ROM in MyBoy! and then tap "Patch Game" and it should work just fine! Any other problems just let me know either on this forum or in a personal message :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2019
    Hi,

Loving the game so far. Just thought I'd mention I'm having trouble finding Omanyte and Kabuto in the desert underpass. The readme says you can catch both there but I've only managed to find their evolved stages. Would try mirage tower but gone past that bit in the game so it's gone! Are they vastly more rare than Omastar and Kabutops?

Thanks

Years
  • Hi,

Loving the game so far. Just thought I'd mention I'm having trouble finding Omanyte and Kabuto in the desert underpass. The readme says you can catch both there but I've only managed to find their evolved stages. Would try mirage tower but gone past that bit in the game so it's gone! Are they vastly more rare than Omastar and Kabutops?

Thanks

YEP that's my bad, only the evolved forms are present but they can be bred for the previous forms

Years
  • No it was intentional that only the evolved forms are present there, seeing as how that area is only unlocked after the Elite Four, I will update the README accordingly in the next version though

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2020
    Playing this hack now and I'm really liking everything you've done here. Thank you.

I do want to play through the Battle Frontier with PSS alterations though. That's the only thing I would suggest working on, if it hasn't been done already. I didn't see you mention it though.

And a question... Totodile doesn't seem to be on the location list. Where might it be?

Years
  • Playing this hack now and I'm really liking everything you've done here. Thank you.

I do want to play through the Battle Frontier with PSS alterations though. That's the only thing I would suggest working on, if it hasn't been done already. I didn't see you mention it though.

And a question... Totodile doesn't seem to be on the location list. Where might it be?

You're welcome! I am very happy that you are enjoying it 🙂

I don't have any current plans on altering the Battle Frontier, if someone were to provide me with a list of alterations I would be happy to implement them, I've just never been good at planning competitive teams and I would hate to do it poorly here.

He's in the README and the Encounter List, I just redownloaded the zip and checked the Dropbox to be sure. He is found via the Super Rod in the entrance to Meteor Falls (as in the room with the waterfall), though all the starters have a 1% encounter rate so it isn't unheard of to spend a bit of time searching!

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate it 😃

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2020
    You're welcome! I am very happy that you are enjoying it

I don't have any current plans on altering the Battle Frontier, if someone were to provide me with a list of alterations I would be happy to implement them, I've just never been good at planning competitive teams and I would hate to do it poorly here.

He's in the README and the Encounter List, I just redownloaded the zip and checked the Dropbox to be sure. He is found via the Super Rod in the entrance to Meteor Falls (as in the room with the waterfall), though all the starters have a 1% encounter rate so it isn't unheard of to spend a bit of time searching!

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate it

I might be able to go through and put some changes together if I can find a full list of all the trainers. I'm sure it exists somewhere. I've only checked Serebii so far because I figured it would be there, but I'll look around. Certainly a big undertaking, but I'll see what I can do. EDIT: Bulbapedia has a lot of them but it's not complete, and dang... There's a lot of different moveset possibilities. Now I'm thinking about just changing back to no PSS. It's how Gen 3 was built anyway, might be better to play the game in its original form.

I could've sworn I searched "To" and "Tot" just to make sure and nothing came up, but thank you lol. Took me a long time to find a Bulbasaur in Petalburg Woods. I found one before I even knew they were in there but I ran out of Pokéballs. Probably about an hour and a half of running around to find a second one. Annoying for sure, but I appreciate the challenge and I was hit with a nostalgia wave remembering what it was like to search for hours for Pokémon as a kid. It makes it more rewarding in the end and matches the implied rarity of the starter Pokémon. 1% encounter rate via fishing sounds maddening, but I'll do what I must... I'm aiming for a living Pokédex.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I might be able to go through and put some changes together if I can find a full list of all the trainers. I'm sure it exists somewhere. I've only checked Serebii so far because I figured it would be there, but I'll look around. Certainly a big undertaking, but I'll see what I can do. EDIT: Bulbapedia has a lot of them but it's not complete, and dang... There's a lot of different moveset possibilities. Now I'm thinking about just changing back to no PSS. It's how Gen 3 was built anyway, might be better to play the game in its original form.

I could've sworn I searched "To" and "Tot" just to make sure and nothing came up, but thank you lol. Took me a long time to find a Bulbasaur in Petalburg Woods. I found one before I even knew they were in there but I ran out of Pokéballs. Probably about an hour and a half of running around to find a second one. Annoying for sure, but I appreciate the challenge and I was hit with a nostalgia wave remembering what it was like to search for hours for Pokémon as a kid. It makes it more rewarding in the end and matches the implied rarity of the starter Pokémon. 1% encounter rate via fishing sounds maddening, but I'll do what I must... I'm aiming for a living Pokédex.

You can switch to the No PSS version at any point, some people do so once they hit the Battle Tower which makes the most sense to me.

As for the fishing, this ROM Hack has a better fishing system than vanilla RSE, you can't hit 'A' too early or too late and you only ever get one "Oh! A bite!" message so you can literally just hold down a turbo button while fishing and it works fine! One of my favorite additions in fact 🙂 so fishing for low encounter rate Pokemon isn't NEARLY as strenuous as it was. I myself have completed a living Pokedex in this hack and it's very rewarding and I wish you good luck with it!

Back