• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Why not make a music thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
Years
I'm in the process of making some MIDI music. Music doesn't seem to fit in any of the forums, so I decided to post it in the art threat (I hope that's all right).

I'm sure there are a few people out there who can make MIDI songs as well, or even ones with real instruments.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
Mm, I agree with Autistic Lucario...I think there should be a music thread for those who compose or cover songs, like there is a thread for those who illustrate and shoot photography. Other Entertainment is a place to discuss entertainment, not exhibit and criticize work, right?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
yes but music is a form of entertainment so it goes in the entertainment section

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
So is art and photography o.0, but there is a thread especially for criticizing and posting that sort of work, OE is specifically for discussion if I'm not mistaken.

I at least support the idea of adding a music section to the Art Gallery.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Mm, I agree with Autistic Lucario...I think there should be a music thread for those who compose or cover songs, like there is a thread for those who illustrate and shoot photography. Other Entertainment is a place to discuss entertainment, not exhibit and criticize work, right?

No. Other Entertainment is known for discussing entertainment. In the past, people used to display their songs and work there with Midi files and whatnot, covers, etc. they just die very quickly. All and all, music is a form of entertainment and belongs in Other Entertainment, regardless. I agree that its a form of art, but its a form of art focused on entertaining.

Most of the frequenters of OE know this, but most of the time, like I said, these threads die within four replies never to be spoken of again and its a shame, but OE isn't exactly an active forum.

So... what Bloodex said. :>

Zet

Years
Again, as ~Bloodex. and Aladdin have said. Other Entertainment

Though you can have it die faster in my subforum Life, The Universe and Everything

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
5 people have said "Other Entertainment" already so I think it's clear enough, closing this thread before 5 more people post the same thing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back