• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Replay & Critique Thread (MK 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
To those who don't know what this thread is about, the goal of this thread is to improve your battle execution. While you may have a decent or solid team at your hands, the next step that separates a good player, from a great player, is how they execute the place style of said team.

So here, all you need to do is post a replay of yours where you feel like you could have played better. Coming from a loss, could there have something that you could of done that would of secured you the win, but you weren't sure how? Perhaps you want to learn why a battle was one-sided against your favor? That sort of thing!

I will help you improve your overall gameplay, but if anyone wants to chip in, you're more than free to do so! Feel free to post away. c:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-739193918

Sometimes ive still got it lol.

This was a few months ago in NU, Z-Celebrate Venusaur was aids also before its ban. My team had more holes than a sieve (Specs Drampa, Sub [lol] which i rectified in later versions of the team for the most part etc) but this was a fun match. Made some clutch decent plays for me at the end there which is cool cos A) im rusty af and had no idea what i was doing and b) i literally threw that team together in 5 mins lmao.

Need to play PU and NU again at some point though, was fun.

#StallCrusade #MukIsGod #DeusVult

Last edited:
Years
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-739193918

Sometimes ive still got it lol.

This was a few months ago in NU, Z-Celebrate Venusaur was aids also before its ban. My team had more holes than a sieve (Specs Drampa, Sub [lol] which i rectified in later versions of the team for the most part etc) but this was a fun match. Made some clutch decent plays for me at the end there which is cool cos A) im rusty af and had no idea what i was doing and b) i literally threw that team together in 5 mins lmao.

Need to play PU and NU again at some point though, was fun.

#StallCrusade #MukIsGod #DeusVult

I'm not sure what I'd have done differently in your shoes to be honest. The only semblance of a critique I have for you is to stop using Rapid Spin if you can. This is a tier where there's a fair few reasonably common ghost types running around in Mismagius and Frosslass and to a lesser extent Jellicent, Spiritomb and Haunter. If there's any decent Defoggers in NU that fit your team you'd be better off with one of them.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I'm not sure what I'd have done differently in your shoes to be honest. The only semblance of a critique I have for you is to stop using Rapid Spin if you can. This is a tier where there's a fair few reasonably common ghost types running around in Mismagius and Frosslass and to a lesser extent Jellicent, Spiritomb and Haunter. If there's any decent Defoggers in NU that fit your team you'd be better off with one of them.

Well my team was centered around CroMuk + Spikes with stuff to pressure Defoggers (Scald + both spikes Oma etc). Im not a fan of Spikes stack + Defog as it seems counter-intuitive. :(

Claydol also has sp.attack evs which hits the common defoggers in NU hard (Pretty much just Silvally Steel at the time etc) and Shadow Ball hits all the spin blockers hard bar tomb and sp.def Jelli which wasnt a thing and im not sure if it is tbh. :s Infact that was demonstrated in the match where Claydols Shadow Ball decimates Misamgius on the switch and its spin let me with the game lol. :P

Last edited:
Years
Well my team was centered around CroMuk + Spikes with stuff to pressure Defoggers (Scald + both spikes Oma etc). Im not a fan of Spikes stack + Defog as it seems counter-intuitive. :(

Claydol also has sp.attack evs which hits the common defoggers in NU hard (Pretty much just Silvally Steel at the time etc) and Shadow Ball hits all the spin blockers hard bar tomb and sp.def Jelli which wasnt a thing and im not sure if it is tbh. :s Infact that was demonstrated in the match where Claydols Shadow Ball decimates Misamgius on the switch and its spin let me with the game lol. :P

Fair point. Your predictions are probably good enough to make that work :')

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen yesterday
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-827761169

I feel like after tanking the Savage Spin out I should have switched to Swampert to pick up the kill before Volcarona could outspeed. I was worried it was carrying Giga Drain (it was) though and thought I was about to switch into it. Instead it used Pelipper as setup fodder.

Sending out Hawlucha turn 2 is a mistake since it's not going to be sweeping at that point so you just ended up wasting the elec seed. I probably would have gone Ferro to get up spikes or zeraora if it had cc or fire punch.

Another thing to note is that he choked by not using bug buzz on zeraora. But you could have prevented this by keeping Hawlucha (and its seed) since you just go koko on volc and uturn if he's faster or tbolt if he's slower.

There's not much you could have done if you had pelipper in cuz he could just qd twice (once on the switch to pelipper, once on the pelipper turn cuz you couldn't do anything to him). The only thing you could have done is go for twave with ferro on his first qd. There was legit no reason for him to predict anything with volc (going for savage spinout) since +2 outspeed everything.

So yeah, keep lucha next time, since that's the only reliable way you deal with volc (unless scarf zeraora) . Other than that it would be twave with ferro assuming you have it. But of course you can always bank on your opponent choking multiple times, which he did indeed do this time around.

Years
Similar to what 5Q stated sending out Luchadore turn two was a mistake as at team preview your opponent had little to no switch ins besides koko as a stop to it. from there i would work on weakening the koko by forcing it to switch in on attacks or hazards so that it could be put into the range of a +2 High Jump Kick or Acrobatics. Your U-turn on turn one was good, but i would have went straight into pelliper to start up rain since he has volcarona in the back and going ferrothorn would invite it in for free and lose you the game. With rain up i would have gone straight into ferrothorn to set up hazards to pressure koko and volcarona assuming it did not come in which at that point i would just pivot to Swampert and either kill it or force switch.

On turn 13 the best possible play was to scald the Volcarona so that you could force him to attack you and you could get something else in and hope for the choke for giga drain. you also could have U-turned on the volc on the turn he decided to Z-move so you could get Swampert in and win the game and yes he did choke by not bug buzzing.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I also think you could do with priority on your team. Ash Greninja or something might be nice with Rain possibly or even instead of Pelipper, you could always move Defog to Tapu.

Def should have saved Hawlucha though, Zeraora should be your secondary switch to Ferro (whom, with your team requires a bit of playing around) after your own Ferro to absorb/scout the seed or Power Whip and avoid the t-wave and should have avoided the risky set up on it but thats just me and hindsight is always 20/20 haha.

Last edited:
Years
I also think you could do with priority on your team. Ash Greninja or something might be nice with Rain possibly or even instead of Pelipper, you could always move Defog to Tapu.

Def should have saved Hawlucha though, Zeraora should be your secondary switch to Ferro (whom, with your team requires a bit of playing around) after your own Ferro to absorb/scout the seed or Power Whip and avoid the t-wave and should have avoided the risky set up on it but thats just me and hindsight is always 20/20 haha.

Tapu is specs.
Going to put T-wave on Ferro though to punish Volca switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back