• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your worst ever injury

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Is a kidney stone an injury? If not, I've been pretty fortunate to not have any major injuries aside from scrapes and cuts.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I heavily bruised my sternum and ribs a year ago, when during sparring a guy (jokingly) gave me the hardest knee kick possible. Unfortunately for me, I am significantly smaller than him, so the knee did not hit my stomach but my chest. People usually freak out when I tell them how it happened.

Years
Last year at Christmastime (December 14th), I was a passenger with my father and we were getting ready to turn, and he failed to yield to a truck who I'm pretty sure was speeding. We were t-boned and as a result my right humerus bone was broken. I was in a sling for three weeks and in a brace for another four.

Those were the worst seven weeks of my life.

Years
Opening a gate to grab a horse out of a paddock. Someone had left a rope tied to the gate, which the horses had been playing with, and somehow they managed to pull the gate off its hinges without actually knocking the gate over, so everything seemed fine. I pushed the gate open, and it started falling over. I immediately grabbed the gate, thinking the wind had caught it and it was swinging open - I didn't realize it was actually falling over until I landed on top of it.

Badly bruised my knees and shins, but the worst was that the middle finger on my right hand "caught" on one of the bars. I'm pretty double-jointed so luckily it didn't snap, but it did bend back so far that it briefly dislocated and I got an emulsion fracture above the second knuckle (the tendon pulled a chunk of bone loose). Luckily the tendon didn't pull the bone away completely so I didn't need surgery or anything, just had to have a brace on it for about two months. There's still a small lump on that finger right above the knuckle.

It's now the only one of my fingers that actually behaves like it's supposed to and doesn't bend backwards lol (all my others bend backwards slightly at the second and third knuckle when I fully extend my fingers, and all three knuckles bend backwards fairly dramatically if I'm pushing on something. I've actually considered getting braces for my thumbs because they bend backwards almost 90 degrees at the first knuckle, so I can't use them to put significant pressure on anything)

Last edited:
Years
So, the worst injury I've had was when I was playing Airsoft with my friend Tristan and a few of our other buddies by an abandoned factory that's around a mile from where I live. Tristan is a sniper, by the way. So we were kind of patrolling the factory, looking for a way to get to the catwalk that was above pretty much everything.
Now the airsoft gun I use is an ICS-91 Galil ARM, and Tristan uses an SSG24 Rifle. We found a staircase that led to a room with a door, and on the other side of that door, lo and behold, was a small platform connected to the catwalk. We stayed on the platform for a good couple minutes before we saw someone, and then two more people came. Tristan shot 2 of them, but the third one spotted us, along with a fourth and fifth who got there shortly after.
Tristan couldn't get a good line of sight on them, so I helped him out and put some shots down range. I backed up a bit far and ended up falling 10-12 feet off the platform. I landed on my back, and my leg bent back and under me.

Basically what I did is I dislocated my knee, and at the same time broke my Fibula. It was hella painful.
And I'm still in the cast.

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Abdominal surgery.. Exploratory surgery at that so they cut through ALL my muscles of my abs. Never again please.

Last edited:
Back