• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your worst ever injury

Years
  • I thought this might be interesting. For some reason, many people (including me) are morbidly curious about injuries other people have had. I think this curiosity began in me after I had two pretty major injuries.

The first was during my 10th birthday party. We were jumping off swings at the park and I decided to stand on the swing and jump off. On one of the jumps, my foot got caught in the triangle that connected the seat to the chain. Instead of jumping off it swung be down, and in all I broke both bones in my right arm, the big bone in my left, and my right wrist. Some of the tendons in my right elbow were tweaked as well.

The second injury happened about two years ago when I went skydiving. It was my third skydive and when we were about to land, we overshot it and headed for a patch of tall/long wheat grass or whatever that's called. We couldn't see the ground and when we hit and my foot caught on a small hill in the ground. Because of my foot getting caught, my right leg was pushed back and my femur shattered the right side of my pelvis. Out of both injuries, the first one was more painful but this one had a much longer recovery time.

What is the worst injury/injuries that you guys have had?

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:

thank you for reading

Reactions: Goo

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • Not so much the worst injury I've had but definitely to outsiders it looked horrible. When I was a baby I had bilateral hip dysplacia (it was corrected on the right side) and for it I was put in a body cast from just below my ribs all the way to my toes complete with bar between them to set them in place so I could grow into my hips. Now due to this, I was a slower crawler and I was definitely late to walk so I was occasionally not watched super carefully because my parents knew I couldn't get myself into trouble. One day I managed to find the drawer where all of our pots and pans were kept, opened it, and a large heavy thing fell on my arm and broke it.

So I was under a year old and had casts on 3/4th of my limbs. My parents say people stared at them all the time for a while.

Years
  • The worst? When I broke my foot I was off it for nearly three months whilst the break and tissue damage healed. Did that by stepping on it with the other foot. I'm talented.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I used to wash my feet. In the sink. One time I slipped because my feet were wet and I hit a wall with my foot. One toe was broken and it hurt to walk on it.
    Another time I fell off a scooter. Rather than only falling, I hit the road and I was still moving. My cut was VERY deep and nasty to look at.

Years
  • I've been injured many times, but the worst injury I can immediately think of took place in my own home. What happened is I was on the third floor in my house (which is where the bedrooms and bathrooms are), and I wanted to go downstairs to the living room. I somehow managed to trip, causing me to tumble down the entire flight of stairs. I was banged up and bleeding, and I had cuts all over my body, and it was pretty painful. If anyone else has fallen down stairs they might be able to know where I'm coming from - it's nooooot pretty. Anyways my mom heard the fall, so she rushed over to me all concerned which honestly just made it worse because I hate dealing with pain with others around ha. Call me ungrateful if you can't relate. =/

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Worst thing that I'm aware of is that I broke one of legs when I was about a year old.

Been fortunate to not have had much in the way of serious injury in my life so far.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    when i was in 5th grade some lsoer boy pushed me off this big play gym my school had
    i broke my leg above my ankle and it was so bad the bone had almost broken thru the skin
    ironically it was "safety day" at school and we just got out of a presentation and was sent to recess

Years
  • Anyways my mom heard the fall, so she rushed over to me all concerned which honestly just made it worse because I hate dealing with pain with others around ha. Call me ungrateful if you can't relate. =/

I thought I was the only one lol. The one thing I hate more than getting hurt is getting hurt and then having everyone rush over to ask if I'm okay.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Anyways my mom heard the fall, so she rushed over to me all concerned which honestly just made it worse because I hate dealing with pain with others around ha. Call me ungrateful if you can't relate. =/

I thought I was the only one lol. The one thing I hate more than getting hurt is getting hurt and then having everyone rush over to ask if I'm okay.
    You're not even the only two as I am like that as well. I prefer to suffer alone I guess haha. Even when I'm sick I try to hide it if at all humanly possible.

As for injuries, I've had a few when I was little. I once slammed my face into a screen door when I was very little, and had to go to a local Children's Hospital to put it back together. D: Thankfully I don't remember that ordeal at all.

What I do remember is something that happened when I was eight. My little brother tied me to his bicycle and dragged me down a gravel road. I ended up needing stitches in both my left knee and elbow, and the scars remain to this day. I also haven't allowed my brother to forget about it haha.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I have somehow never broken a bone or been badly injured. I am uncoordinated so this is surprising. A few years ago, I fell on my side and bruised a rib or two. I know this because next day I woke up in pain and it took about 3 months before I could run without feeling pain.

Years
  • You're not even the only two as I am like that as well. I prefer to suffer alone I guess haha. Even when I'm sick I try to hide it if at all humanly possible.

As for injuries, I've had a few when I was little. I once slammed my face into a screen door when I was very little, and had to go to a local Children's Hospital to put it back together. D: Thankfully I don't remember that ordeal at all.

What I do remember is something that happened when I was eight. My little brother tied me to his bicycle and dragged me down a gravel road. I ended up needing stitches in both my left knee and elbow, and the scars remain to this day. I also haven't allowed my brother to forget about it haha.

Oh my gosh.. why would you brother do that to you? That's horrible. :(

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Uh probably when I burned my palm off during my freshman year of college. My friends and I got drunk and ended up at a hookah lounge. I was really drunk and got up to get some fresh air. About halfway through wobbling out, I felt myself stumbling so I grabbed the closest thing I could: the top of a hookah pipe (or whatever tf those are called). And on the top of those exist lot coal. The worst part is, everything took a while to progress so I felt the pain but it didnt register for about two seconds, and then I let go and walked out and I remember staring down at my hand that was literally bubbling. I have the picture actually, but idk if ya'll wanna see that, it's not pleasant. Anyway, outside, the full magnitude of the pain hits and I start screaming/crying cause fuck dude, that hurt. I go back inside and my friends are completely thrown off as to what the hell just happened.

And yeah, that was that. Surprisingly, there were no scars to be had. I have a scar down the same hand from a slice I had falling of/escaping from my ex's house. But that's a story for another day.

User19sq

A rusty nail through the palm of my hand. I was six years old, climbing on discarded junk in an alley.

Years
  • I've sprained things by either landing on them (did that to a finger when I was young) or by bashing them into things (one of my big toes once) badly enough to the point I was almost certain they were broken. Thankfully they weren't.

Years
  • In 2004 (I think) I got a very bad cut on my forehead that needed emergency stitching, because it was like leaking with blood. The result is a thick scar that is still standing today.

Back