• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of events do you like?

Years
  • Something that seems to be a trend with forum mafia games is events. Something during the day that helps make the game more fun during phases at the beginning of the game, and even in later phases too. But a big thing that I've found is that while some events help to encourage more posting, others discourage people from posting, or are just uninteresting for some people.

What kinds of events do you think are more successful? and what are some events that you enjoy/enjoyed?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Mysterious events...ones where you have no idea what's going to happen, those are the ones I find the funnest :) The obelisk event in The Darkest Dungeon, for example. Those kinds of events always shake things up a lot, and even though they're totally random and there's not much in the way of strategy involved, they're fun because they create tension in the game since you're not really sure what's going to happen, or when it's going to happen.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    BOXES. I like picking boxes. Anything where I pick a number and possibly get something nice (or awful).

Bard's TtA had some cool events with G's Apprentice - he had a list of event names for the cultist to pick from (he doesn't know what they are until he activates them) and every day a new random thing happened. That was fun, too.

Years
  • I don't know really, personally I've always tried to make my events kind of random or odd. I think there's something fun about not knowing exactly what's going to happen in these games.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I like events that give people an incentive to post! :) Anything that gets people moving.

And I know people are fed up with riddles by now but I really liked how Rumpel's riddles (and prizes) led to lots of sudden developments and twists.

Years
  • I also don't like riddles in these games. Especially if they are real time or "first correct answer wins". Then I'm screwed twice: a) often the riddle is already solved when I go on and b) because most riddles depend on language
    I do like events if it fits the setting, that this event occurs. Eg. with Rumpel or with the Obelisk in tDD or with ...well TtA basically consisted of riddles and other tasks. I don't like events that one cannot predict to happen.
    I

Back